No midi out. cubase Sx . HElp!

Hi
I am trying to operate the midi for the first time in my comp.

I connected the keyboard , to my card.
I manage to record ( I see the light on the sound card, and the bar
moving in the cubase)
But when I press on the play to hear the midi I just recoreded I hear
nothin.

I tuned the out :
Gm devic

I tuned the Iin
to all midi

I heard that there is some Midi-thru switch I need to mark in Cubase,
no matter what manual I opened , no matter what help I opened I could
not find it.

(does it have any connection to the prob? I am connecting the keybard
with one plug to the card.)

0
odperry (33)
3/26/2007 10:23:20 PM
comp.music.midi 3004 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

Over G wrote:
> Hi
> I am trying to operate the midi for the first time in my comp.
>
> I connected the keyboard , to my card.
> I manage to record ( I see the light on the sound card, and the bar
> moving in the cubase)
> But when I press on the play to hear the midi I just recoreded I hear
> nothin.
>

> I tuned the out :
> Gm devic
>

> I tuned the Iin
> to all midi
>

> I heard that there is some Midi-thru switch I need to mark in Cubase,
> no matter what manual I opened , no matter what help I opened I could
> not find it.
>

> (does it have any connection to the prob? I am connecting the keybard
> with one plug to the card.)

Sounds like you are recording midi data, but you may not have your
keyboard plugged into an amp, or your sound card designated as the midi
out destination.  The computer spits the midi data back to your
keyboard, or sound card when you play the midi back from your recorded
tracks.  Might check to see the "midi out" info in your program to see
where the midi data is directed.
sea
0
Earle
3/26/2007 10:48:48 PM
On Mar 27, 12:48 am, Earle Atkinson <sea1...@ispwest.com> wrote:
> Over G wrote:
> > Hi
> > I am trying to operate the midi for the first time in my comp.
>
> > I connected the keyboard , to my card.
> > I manage to record ( I see the light on the sound card, and the bar
> > moving in the cubase)
> > But when I press on the play to hear the midi I just recoreded I hear
> > nothin.
>
> > I tuned the out :
> > Gm devic
>
> > I tuned the Iin
> > to all midi
>
> > I heard that there is some Midi-thru switch I need to mark in Cubase,
> > no matter what manual I opened , no matter what help I opened I could
> > not find it.
>
> > (does it have any connection to the prob? I am connecting the keybard
> > with one plug to the card.)
>
> Sounds like you are recording midi data, but you may not have your
> keyboard plugged into an amp, or your sound card designated as the midi
> out destination.  The computer spits the midi data back to your
> keyboard, or sound card when you play the midi back from your recorded
> tracks.  Might check to see the "midi out" info in your program to see
> where the midi data is directed.
> sea- Hide quoted text -

yes well I solved it partially...
When I chose General midi on the OUT, I get nothing,
but I can still tune VST plugin's to work with it..

so I still don't know why the General midi did work..

0
Over
3/27/2007 12:09:04 AM
Over G wrote:
> On Mar 27, 12:48 am, Earle Atkinson <sea1...@ispwest.com> wrote:
>> Over G wrote:
>>> Hi
>>> I am trying to operate the midi for the first time in my comp.
>>> I connected the keyboard , to my card.
>>> I manage to record ( I see the light on the sound card, and the bar
>>> moving in the cubase)
>>> But when I press on the play to hear the midi I just recoreded I hear
>>> nothin.
>>> I tuned the out :
>>> Gm devic
>>> I tuned the Iin
>>> to all midi
>>> I heard that there is some Midi-thru switch I need to mark in Cubase,
>>> no matter what manual I opened , no matter what help I opened I could
>>> not find it.
>>> (does it have any connection to the prob? I am connecting the keybard
>>> with one plug to the card.)
>> Sounds like you are recording midi data, but you may not have your
>> keyboard plugged into an amp, or your sound card designated as the midi
>> out destination.  The computer spits the midi data back to your
>> keyboard, or sound card when you play the midi back from your recorded
>> tracks.  Might check to see the "midi out" info in your program to see
>> where the midi data is directed.
>> sea- Hide quoted text -

> yes well I solved it partially...
> When I chose General midi on the OUT, I get nothing,
> but I can still tune VST plugin's to work with it..
>
> so I still don't know why the General midi did work..

Hi:
     General Midi is really a sound set standard.  If you have it set as
out it may be looking for what you have set in your windows control
panel as the midi out device.  You might check your windows control
panel to see what the system is using as your midi out.  You may also
have the option to designate other outs such as your sound card or
external midi device.

earle
0
Earle
3/31/2007 5:00:13 AM
On Mar 31, 8:00 am, Earle Atkinson <sea1...@ispwest.com> wrote:
> Over G wrote:
> >> Sounds like you are recording midi data, but you may not have your
> >> keyboard plugged into an amp, or your sound card designated as the midi
> >> out destination.  The computer spits the midi data back to your
> >> keyboard, or sound card when you play the midi back from your recorded
> >> tracks.  Might check to see the "midi out" info in your program to see
> >> where the midi data is directed.
> >> sea- Hide quoted text -

> > yes well I solved it partially...
> > When I chose General midi on the OUT, I get nothing,
> > but I can still tune VST plugin's to work with it..
>
> > so I still don't know why the General midi did work..
>
> Hi:
>      General Midi is really a sound set standard.  If you have it set as
> out it may be looking for what you have set in your windows control
> panel as the midi out device.  You might check your windows control
> panel to see what the system is using as your midi out.  You may also
> have the option to designate other outs such as your sound card or
> external midi device.
>
> earle- Hide quoted text -

Ahh,
you are a genius!