Sending midi songs to PC from Yamaha PSR-290 keyboard?

Hi
We have a Yamaha PSR-290 keyboard, and have just bought a UX16 midi
interface which I naively thought would make it easy to transfer midi
files to and from the keyboard and PC (notably, recording songs played
on the keyboard to memory, and then sending them to the PC for storage.

Yamaha's Songfiler utility seems to make it easy to send midi files
from PC -> keyboard, but not in the other direction AFAICS.
Surely that can't be right?

Anyone using this keyboard managed to solve it?

Thanks
David

0
Lobster
5/3/2005 6:57:25 PM
comp.music.midi 2995 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Lobster wrote:
> Hi
> We have a Yamaha PSR-290 keyboard, and have just bought a UX16 midi
> interface which I naively thought would make it easy to transfer midi
> files to and from the keyboard and PC (notably, recording songs played
> on the keyboard to memory, and then sending them to the PC for storage.
>
> Yamaha's Songfiler utility seems to make it easy to send midi files
> from PC -> keyboard, but not in the other direction AFAICS.
> Surely that can't be right?
>
> Anyone using this keyboard managed to solve it?
>
> Thanks
> David

If you have some kind of sequencing software, you should be able to set
the midi clock to external.  Then you would set up 16 tracks set to
record on channels 1 through 16 respectively.  Lastly, you hit record on
the software, then play on the keyboard.  The software should wait until
you hit play before it actually starts ticking away.
-1

Send a SNMP Trap
hy, I'm using wengsoft snmp implementation to send a snmp trap. But the information sent by the trap isn't as I would expect. My code: static void sendTrap(String contextID, String contextName) throws java.io.IOException { // Create SNMP message object, it may contain one of the following // protocol data unit : GET, SET, TRAP, GET-NEXT. snmpMessage = new SnmpMessage(); // create a Set Protocol Data Unit. trapPdu = new SnmpGetSetPdu(); trapPdu.setMsgType(AsnObject.SNMPV2_TRAP); trapPdu.setReqId(1); snmpMessage.setPdu(trapPdu); snmpMessage.setSnmpVersion(3); ...

Sending out a probe
TCP-IP question: From the manual: " TCP keep alive (TCPKEEPALV) - Help Specifies the amount of time, in minutes, that TCP waits before sending out a probe to the other side of a connection. The probe is sent when the connection is otherwise idle, even when there is no data to be sent. " Because we have frequent disconnects on the Telnet sessions we have had a sniffer running on one of the PC's on which we expected the probe to come in. But we have never seen some kind of bit coming in from the AS400. Do we do something wrong or should we open some po...

send mail in FMP with Exchange Server ?
Hi, For the Send Mail script in FileMaker vers. 9.0 , it works perfectly if my syst�me is win XP with the Outlook Express installed. And when I put this DB in a winXP with an account of Exchange Server, the Send Mail script doesn't work ! Is this normal or do I have to do something ? Thanks for your help Hi Eric, in FM 7 the problem is that there must be the email program be mentioned in the options of Internet Explorer (in our case). So we are working with Lotus Notes and by default the corresponding email program is outlook express. So open e.g. Internet Explorer then Tools /...

whatsupgold and ciscoworks is it possible on same pc??
hello, i would like to know if somebody has already instaled CiscoWorks and Whatsupgold on the same PC. Does those two products work well together. if yes do I need some special version of CiscoWorks or all the versions of CiscoWorks support integration with whatsupgold? ...

Problems with send /delete command
I have Kermit running on Linux Release 9 and have the following lines in my script (This first logs me onto a remote server running Linux 7.3 and has Kermit): set host /pty ssh -e none l root xxx.xxx.xx.xxx if fail stop 1 minput 30 "password:" ">" if < \v(minput) 1 stop 1 "MINPUT = \v(minput)" switch \v(minput) { :1, echo PASSWORD INPUT OK lineout xxxxxxxxxx input 30 "#" if fail stop 1 PROMPT INPUT FAILED :2, echo PROMPT INPUT OK lineout "kermit -x" input 20 "KERMIT READY TO SERVE..." rcd...

sending eMail Attachment
Hy, does anybody know a simple, easy to use package to send a binary file as an eMail attachemt over the local unix/linux sendmail service. I want to write a procedure like: proc sendFileViaEmail {to subject text fileList} { # build whats neccessey in file ..... write_file file $emailbody #send exec cat file | sendmail -t } tx TAB Tillmann Basien wrote: > Hy, > does anybody know a simple, easy to use package to send a binary file as an > eMail attachemt over the local unix/linux sendmail service. > I want to write a procedure like: > > proc sendFil...

[News] FSM Poll: 2 in 3 People Would Install Linux on Grandma's PC
Would you install GNU/Linux on your grandmother's computer? http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/polls/would_you_install_gnu_linux_for_your_grandmother Related: 7 Reasons you should switch Grandma to Linux ,----[ Quote ] | 1. Security | 2. No Blue Screen of Death | 3. Price | 4. Ease of Use | 5. Runs Fast on Old Machines | 6. Linux plays well with others | 7. Support is Everywhere `---- http://forevergeek.com/linux/7_reasons_you_should_switch_grandma_to_linux.php ,----[ Quote ] | 'I hearby pronounce the neverending joke about this finally being | the "year of the Linux Des...

Send mail
I want to send an email with attachment using mpack.(UNIX/LINUX/AIX). Is there a startup param like "mailx -r" where you can change the senders address? ...

Sending errors from psql to error file
Hello, I am trying to migrate a client from one database to another. Basically we designed a web application for them using Postgresql but we have made many changes to the design of our application since version 1. Now they want to upgrade. So basically I have to pg_dump their current data and then import it into our new schema. Now, of course I realize that there are going to be errors. But they have a lot and I mean a lot of data. I don't want to have to sit there and watch the import go by, I want to run a command and then look in a file for any errors after the import i...

Palm Os versus Pocket PC
I have been a Palm OS user for at least 5 years now. I am about to renew my Sony Clie and I am currently undecided whether to go for an HP IPAQ or stick to a Palm OS. I noted that the Pocket PC has recently gained a lot of grounds on the Palm OS in terms of sale figures. Is this anything to go by???? I would appreciate any views on the matter. What are the pros & cons of both OS? Hope to hear from you guys as I intend to offer myself one for Xmas...... Thanks Robert On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 21:41:11 +0400, Harry <harrysmith03@hotmail.com> wrote: >I would appreciate any view...

Problem sending faxes through VoIP
Hello every one! I have a problem sending faxes through VoIP This is what we have: PBX with VoIP Card --- Cisco --- E1 --- (Internet VPN) --- T1--- Cisco --- PBX The cisco router has activate the QoS, to priority the communication saving 512 kbps of bandwidth, for the matching VoIP ports. The voice and faxes work fine, but when the bandwidth is over use, the voice is not affected but the faxes can not communicate even when the QoS is saving bandwidth for them. I been trying with traffic-shape, fax passthrough , fax relay and other options, but no one fix the problem. I figure out that t...

Looks like pc gamer can't face us anymore
The coward won't come here to make a statement regarding Prey on Steam, but instead he'll go to the 3D Realms forums since they don't know who he is: http://forums.3drealms.com/vb/showpost.php?p=452562&postcount=110 (located at http://forums.3drealms.com/vb/showthread.php?t=23869&page=3) On Sun, 03 Dec 2006 10:44:46 +1030, FoolsGold <fg@gmail.com> wrote: >The coward won't come here to make a statement regarding Prey on Steam, >but instead he'll go to the 3D Realms forums since they don't know who >he is: > >http://forums.3drealms.com...

RE: Pop song phone number goes up for auction [Telecom]
Richard wrote: >>> Watching a show today on a Las Vegas local TV channel, >>> I saw a new ad for a law firm. Its number was 400-0000. >>> I didn't think an office code could end in 00. I wrote: >> How is it pronounced? "702 four million"? >> "702 ... four-oh-oh ... oh-oh-oh-oh"? Richard responded: > Four-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh with an emphasis on each -oh. > It was an ad on local TV, so no area code is necessary. Except that NPA 702 only covers Clark County. Lincoln and Ney Counties (including To...

anyone programming MIDI apps in .NET (DOT NET) ? ?
any sample code or information would be most appreciated i have been wanting to learn MIDI programming but would rather learn it in my current language (either vb.net or c#) ...

The Ultimate SolidWorks PC for under $6000
I have an opportunity to spec an "ultimate" system for a SolidWorks workstation for somebody with a budget of $6000. Can I get some good suggestions from the group on this? Here are some of the basic guidelines that I know of right now: Video card to be the best possible since this is probably going to be the limit to speed for most of the work. Processor / Motherboard choice to be latest available. More than likely will have >1G of RAM (what speed and considerations necessary?) SCSI hard drive may be considered, but not a major concern as load times are not a major issue with ...

how to send pick up the email address from a field in a .dbf & send emails thru outlook express....
hello all: i have a client.dbf with a field: CLIENTEMAIL when my main.exe prints reminder letters, i want my main.exe to open outlook express & pick up the email address from field:CLIENTEMAIL & ALSO attach the outstanding bills .pdf file (which would be already saved using pscript32) the email body should pick up the text saved in fields: remtxt1,remtxt2,remtxt3... (i.e: the reminder letter message) regards Hi I sugest to use hb_sendmail function to send the emails Regards Luiz Em sexta-feira, 20 de fevereiro de 2015 06:21:08 UTC-2, timec...@gmail.com escreveu:...

OT: Timesaving keyboard
Aset keyboard It has been said that the most common letters were taken off the home row of the first typewriter keyboard to slow down the typist and prevent jamming. On a Dvorak keyboard almost sixty percent of average text is typed from the home keys. Transposing the letters 'etni' with 'dfjk' would put more than 55% of text on the home keys, up from only 26% on the qwerty layout. Thats more than twice the text typed without lifting a finger. The change is quite pleasant and easy to learn. I hope you will pass this on. To put e, t, n and i back where they belong, there ...

how to send SCSI Command?
I'm developing a iSCSI Target Project. I have finished the iSCSI Protocol Parse in UserMode as a Windows Service. in this project, we should provide a filedisk or a partition to client read/write data. now I should send the SCSI command to a volume at target host, in oder to write/read the data. but how to send SCSI comand to lower device.which device that I should send SCSI Command to ? thanks a lot of any suggestion or giving any reference=A1=A3 >but how to send SCSI comand to lower device.which IOCTL_SCSI_PASS_THROUGH_DIRECT -- Maxim Shatskih, Windows DDK MVP S...

Instability of Linux crapware sends user scrambling back to Windows
"Ubuntu for me was meant to provide a more stable platform than Windows. Since this freezing has begun, it's been anything but that. In fact, it's made Windows look rock solid! Sadly, I'm switching back to Windows until this gets sorted. I'm fed up with spending hours trawling the web to find solutions to a problem which seems to be affecting so many people, but to which no permanent fix looks like being released for now." #143 at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=412125&page=15 ...

send
I set up a wireless network using a linksys 54g router, I have 5 desktops computer, and several Laptops being used at various times . I have assigned IP address to the desktop and the laptop obtain addresses automatically. All desktops are using XP, My problem have been in setting up a network workgroup, I have used the wizard , but still I can not share files. When I click on view network I see the workgroups, but when I click onto My network place I can not open files that have been shared. Also can any one tell me how to delete a network workgroup that has been setup. Thanks ...

Runaway
I've recently played Runaway - A Road Adventure and I loved the theme song. Its performed by a Spanish group called Liquor. I've been searching for a webpage for the band but have been unsuccesful. Would anyone have a URL to this group? Many Thanks... ...

send-hooks
Hi, I have a problem using send-hooks. I would like to use it this way: ---cut--- send-hook . unmy_hdr send-hook 'gentoo-user-de@gentoo.org' 'my_hdr Reply-To: \ gentoo-user-de@gentoo.org' ---cut--- to make it a little harder for people to CC me.[1] However, when I am in the ML-box, have send a mail using list-reply to this ML and would like to send a PM reply to a person later, the Reply-To header is still set to the ML. As the To: is not to the list in this cases I hoped the default unmy_hdr should work, like it works when the first mail is a PM. Any h...

mail() function sending two emails
Here's my code: $today = getdate(); $to = someone@somewhere.com; $subject = "New Application: ".$userdata["username"]." - ".$today['mon']."/".$today['mday']."/".$today['year']; $message_header = "New Application: ".$userdata["username"]; $message = $message_header."\n Hello, is this working?"; mail($to, $subject, $message); It's not located in a loop, so I don't understand why it would send 2 emails to the reciever? Any idea's? Jesse Burns aka jburns131 wrote:...

Sending Files
Hi Everyone, I have a client/server program that communicate using both TCP and Multicast. My broadcast messages go through Multicast, and client specific messages goes through the TCP socket. Anyway, during all these operations I will have to send some files from the server to the client, about 11 files that are all together 500K. I am wondering if I could use an FTP protocol to send the files from one program to the other. The reason that I am asking is that I am trying to find a way so that I don't have to worry about checksums and all that stuff. I appreciate any sugges...

Sending message to users inside an application
Hi all, I have an application written in Powerbuilder 8.0 and i'd like to add a way to administrators send a message to users currently inside the application (like "The Server needs to restart... etc... " ), anyone have any ideas? Many Thanks kingsnake@netcabo.pt You didn't say what database software you're using. For instance, in Oracle, you could set it up so that either your MDI frame or a hidden window has an event that uses a timer to listen for a specific alert and display a pop-up or a messagebox with the alert contents when it receives one. ...