application server on windows server 2003

Hi

I am developing a client server application a small component of which
should open a terminal window with an application (say AutoCAD) running on
it on the server. All clients should be able to view this application on
their respective machines. Can anyone suggest if I can use any existing
services for this ? For opening a terminal window in Server 2003 I found
that I can use Remote Desktop Connection. However I think I need something
like a VNC server but am not sure what or how to use. Can anyone suggest as
to how I can proceed for this ? Any help/hints/suggestions would be
appreciated. Thanks.

0
Navodit
9/13/2006 6:43:41 PM
comp.networking.windows 3090 articles. 0 followers. Kgoings (6) is leader. Post Follow

Sounds like you need to install Autocad on client workstations and save the
drawings to the server.  That would be my best advice to you.

Good luck.

"Navodit" <kaushik2@uiuc.edu> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I am developing a client server application a small component of which
> should open a terminal window with an application (say AutoCAD) running on
> it on the server. All clients should be able to view this application on
> their respective machines. Can anyone suggest if I can use any existing
> services for this ? For opening a terminal window in Server 2003 I found
> that I can use Remote Desktop Connection. However I think I need something
> like a VNC server but am not sure what or how to use. Can anyone suggest
> as to how I can proceed for this ? Any help/hints/suggestions would be
> appreciated. Thanks.

0
DC