Laptop to Laptop by Wireless #2

Hi Everyone

I need some help with a question please?

Me and a couple of mates have Wireless Laptops and wanna set up a LAN.
Is it possible to do this without going thru a router, kinda like
running a "Virtual Router" or something on one laptop and the others
connect into it?

If it helps we wanna play Civ 3 Conquests Multiplayer, I am pretty sure
it either uses TCP/IP. I have set up normal cable networks before at
home and have done a quick Google on it to no avail!

I have ordered a Netger WGT634UK for the home ready, but this is just
if we are at work and wanna have a quick go.

Thanks a bunch

Sew!

-1
Sewingkit
8/1/2005 10:24:41 PM
comp.networking.windows 3090 articles. 0 followers. Kgoings (6) is leader. Post Follow

On 1 Aug 2005 15:24:41 -0700, Sewingkit wrote:

> Hi Everyone
>
> I need some help with a question please?
>
> Me and a couple of mates have Wireless Laptops and wanna set up a LAN.
> Is it possible to do this without going thru a router, kinda like
> running a "Virtual Router" or something on one laptop and the others
> connect into it?
>
> If it helps we wanna play Civ 3 Conquests Multiplayer, I am pretty sure
> it either uses TCP/IP. I have set up normal cable networks before at
> home and have done a quick Google on it to no avail!
>
> I have ordered a Netger WGT634UK for the home ready, but this is just
> if we are at work and wanna have a quick go.
>
> Thanks a bunch
>
> Sew!

Change your wireless mode form "infrastructure" to "ad-hoc" Ad-hoc wireless
network is the same as a direct cable nic to nic  (computer to computer)
wired network.
1
BobC