Networking problem: Default printer switching?

At my work there are two printers of the same type (HP PSC1350) hooke
up on the same network. The one in my boss's office is used for hi
computer and the other one is used on one of the other offices. Th
problem is that quite often, when he is using his computer, it wil
start installing the printer drivers for the other printer and it wil
automatically change the other printer to his default printer. How d
we keep this from happening? How can we make sure that his compute
will not keep switching default printers

--
BadymaruPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup acces

0
Badymaru
7/13/2005 5:45:03 PM
comp.networking.windows 3090 articles. 0 followers. Kgoings (6) is leader. Post Follow

Install the other printer, do not remove it. Immediately afterwards,
configured the desired printer as default.

---------------
If your business is looking for quick free consulting,
please ignore my replies. I only wish to reply to other
engineers/administrators and home users who are stuck
and not interested to give your business free consulting.

Thank you.
0
bobb

Networking with windows network
Hi, have two different machines connected to windows network. The OS/2 machines are essentially identical. I have installed fixpax 15, WR_8423, WR_8425, and IP_8414. I have settings for ibmlan.ini and protocol.ini the same on both machines. Both machines have a folder shared with the same permissions. When I connect to machine1 via the windows network, I am prompted to enter user name and password - which I do and all works fine. When I connect to Machine2 I get no prompt for username and password and a lt of times I get the blasted too many connections error. Where else can I look to...

CUPS problem? or network problem? or printer problem?
Trying to configure CUPS to print to an HP LaserJet 5si over the network. Here is the relevant error_log stuff: I [17/Nov/2003:14:19:03 -0500] Job 14 queued on 'ptr' by 'wm'. I [17/Nov/2003:14:19:03 -0500] Started filter /usr/lib/cups/filter/texttops (PID 12120) for job 14. I [17/Nov/2003:14:19:03 -0500] Started filter /usr/lib/cups/filter/pstops (PID 1 2121) for job 14. I [17/Nov/2003:14:19:03 -0500] Started filter /usr/lib/cups/filter/pstoraster (P ID 12122) for job 14. I [17/Nov/2003:14:19:03 -0500] Started filter /usr/lib/cups/filter/rastertoprint er (PID 1...

networking problem (very low networking bandwith after power failure of switch)
Dear list members, I have a strange networking problem with a solaris 8 mashine : This mashine has a very low network bandwith ( needs several hours to copy 1 Gig of data through a 100 Mbit network, over a switch) using scp. A possible cause of that problem could be, that the networking switch to which the mashine is connected powered down due to a power supply failure. After powering up that switch again I had no problems accessing the solaris box again. But the connection is very slow. First I thought that I could have a problem with the nfs-client on that mashine causing to much traf...

Printing a document in the default network printer under Windows
Hi all: I'm getting mad trying to find the way for making a standard document (Word file, Postscript document, JPEG file...) to be sent/printed in the default network printer from a python script that runs on Win2K. Any idea? Thanks in advance. Maravilloso ...

Networking Problem, Setting up "Home Networking Wizard" with Windows XP
Networking Problem, Setting up "Home Networking Wizard" with Windows XP Host Machine is XP Home Edition with satellite internet connected to USB, a USB hub is running off of this machine with 3 clients. Client A (laptop) has Windows ME, Client B has 98 SE and C has 98. Client A can see the host, the host can see client A and I have successfully set up internet connection sharing on client A. Clients B and C cannot see the host and the host cannot see them, however they can see each other. The Workgroup for all machines is: MSWORKGROUP, all computer names are different. Ran th...

Networking Problem, Setting up "Home Networking Wizard" with Windows XP
Networking Problem, Setting up "Home Networking Wizard" with Windows XP Host Machine is XP Home Edition with satellite internet connected to USB, a USB hub is running off of this machine with 3 clients. Client A (laptop) has Windows ME, Client B has 98 SE and C has 98. Client A can see the host, the host can see client A and I have successfully set up internet connection sharing on client A. Clients B and C cannot see the host and the host cannot see them, however they can see each other. The Workgroup for all machines is: MSWORKGROUP, all computer names are different. Ran th...

Networking a non-network printer
If I have a USB printer connected to a machine on my local network, can I print to it from another machine? I'm thinking that if they're both OSX, I could in principle ftp a file to the machine with the printer, telnet in to that machine, and use lpr. So in theory it must be possible. Can it be done via GUI functionality? And more importantly in my case, can it be done somehow if the target machine is OS9? In article <BLOCKSPAMfishfry-EF2D34.20140009012004@netnews.comcast.net>, fishfry <BLOCKSPAMfishfry@your-mailbox.com> wrote: > If I have a USB printer conne...

RE: Printing a document in the default network printer under Windows
[Maravilloso] >=20I'm=20getting=20mad=20trying=20to=20find=20the=20way=20for=20making=20= a=20standard >=20document=20(Word=20file,=20Postscript=20document,=20JPEG=20file...)=20= to=20be >=20sent/printed=20in=20the=20default=20network=20printer=20from=20a=20pyt= hon=20script=20that >=20runs=20on=20Win2K. Is=20this=20of=20any=20use? http://tgolden.sc.sabren.com/python/win32_how_do_i/print.html TJG ________________________________________________________________________ This=20e-mail=20has=20been=20scanned=20for=20all=20viruses=20by=20Star.=20= The service=20is=20powered=20b...

change default printer to network printer
Guys, I need help . I am using vb5. I am try to print one report @ two different location. 1) is default and 2) is on network. I am trying to set network printer as default for second time. The program was written in win98 and it is working good. but we are try to update all the computers for XP. Thanks for help Bharat Parekh *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** You can grab my printer swtich code here: http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKallal/msaccess/msaccess.html -- Albert D. Kallal (Access MVP) Edmonton, Alberta Canada pleaseNOOSpamKallal@msn.com htt...

network problem
Hi all, have a problem while setting up my home network; there are two PC's asterix, Realtek - 8029(AS) 192.168.0.98 idefix, Realtek - RT8139 192.168.0.20 Both cards work fine with ping on the lo and the own nodename, when I try to ping to the other node I get an error like mentioned below ... ----------------- From asterix.meprivat (192.168.0.98): icmp_seq=1 Destination Host Unreachable From asterix.meprivat (192.168.0.98) icmp_seq=1 Destination Host Unreachable From asterix.meprivat (192.168.0.98) icmp_seq=2 Destination Host Unreachable From asterix.meprivat (192.168.0.98) ic...

windows 2000 and windows xp networking problem with athentication
i am trying to do a peer to peer with a windows 2000 machine and a xp corp machine. i can see the machines in my network places, but when i try to connect to the xp machine it ask for username and password, we have usernames and passwords set up for both machines , they are the same ones we use to log onto our own machines. they both have admin rights. when we put in the username and password and hit ok it just ask for it again and doesnt connect..we are both connected to a router for my cable connection..the firewall allows acces from our ip's..any help..thanks rh_nayan@msn.com ...

network printer problem
me again... printer, dev 440 laserjet 4250.....stopped printing last week. accessible = on web browser. Any suggestions please, short of a reboot? Stop/start network? thanks, john Have had it powered down, wait a while, back up again, no improvement.. Shows with msg on browser: ORDER CARTRIDGE LESS THAN 1500 PAGES :abortio 440 HLIO internal error. Command cannot be executed. (CIERR 3161) :showdev 440 LDEV AVAIL OWNERSHIP VOLID DEN ASSOCIATION 440 UNAVAIL SPOOLER OUT :strs 440 STARTSPOOL 440 Device is already spooled out. (CIERR 3218) :stps 440 S...

Problems with Network Printer
I have a HP Businessjet 2280 on a home network. The printer is connected hardwired to a 3com OfficeConnect router to which the main machine is hard wired. The other machines are connected to the system wirelessly. The OS is WINXP Pro. All machines can 'see' each other and can see the printer. All machines can print a 'test page' from the print spooler immediately 'test page' is selected. When using MSWord the printer hard wired to the router will print immediately 'on demand'. When printing from MSWord from the 'wireless' printers I in...

Web resources about - Networking problem: Default printer switching? - comp.networking.windows

Upstream (networking) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In computer networking , upstream refers to the direction in which data can be transferred from the client to the server ( uploading ). This ...

Peach Social Networking App Launches on iOS
Social networking app Peach has launched on iOS, giving each user a space to share quick updates about their daily lives, and follow the lives ...

Amped Wireless Launches APOLLO IP Cameras and Updates Networking Lineup at CES
... marketing equipment with long range, high-performance power amplifiers and high-gain antennas. At CES, they had the usual updates to the networking ...

How different networking standards are competing to connect the Internet of Things
... network connection, these devices will fail to deliver that value. Device owners can choose between a number of established and emerging networking ...

Schools Participating in Cisco's Networking Academy Program Receive More Than ...
Schools Participating in Cisco's Networking Academy Program Receive More Than ... CNNMoney Cisco Canada (NASDAQ: CSCO) in partnership with ...

Sources: Presidio To Buy $350M Cisco Networking Powerhouse Netech *
Presidio is expected to make its second acquisition in less than a month by purchasing Netech Corp., a fast-growing networking VAR with SMB and ...

Edimax lands networking device orders for production automation
Networking/communication device maker Edimax Technology has obtained orders from US-based clients for about 25,000 wireless networking devices ...

Broadcom Targets Cars, Home Networking, Mobile Platforms at CES
The chip maker's new products include SoCs to help with navigation in connected vehicles and for high-end routers in the home.

Five Cringe-Worthy Networking Mistakes To Avoid In 2016
Liz Ryan lays out five major networking sins NOT to commit in 2016!

Better Networking With A Macintosh Classic
... with DOS, while the Mac enjoyed real, non-bitmapped fonts. Where a Windows PC required LANMAN to connect to a network, the Mac had networking ...