Networking Problem, Setting up "Home Networking Wizard" with Windows XP

Networking Problem, Setting up "Home Networking Wizard" with Windows XP

Host Machine is XP Home Edition with satellite internet connected to USB, a
USB hub is running off of this machine with 3 clients. Client A (laptop) has
Windows ME, Client B has 98 SE and C has 98. Client A can see the host, the
host can see client A and I have successfully set up internet connection
sharing on client A. Clients B and C cannot see the host and the host cannot
see them, however they can see each other.

The Workgroup for all machines is: MSWORKGROUP, all computer names are
different. Ran the "Network Setup Disk" for all 3 clients, clients B and C
I've had no success with. For the Host computer, with the "Network Setup
Wizard" I've selected the option "This computer connects to the network
directly through a network hub, other computers on my network connect
through this hub". For all, clients, I've selected the same option, no go,
tired the second option, no go. Should I try the third option "no internet
connection on the network" and set up the internet connection manually?

The hard drives for all machines are shared and internet connection is
shared running off of the host. Checked the Device Manager in Safe Mode for
B and C clients, no dupes for network adapters, in regular mode, the network
adapters have no conflicts IE: no red X, yellow ! in devman, (no conflicts
at all for any devices) network adapters are enabled, cleaned the startup
menu and rebooted, no go. Tried running XP Pro on client B and setting up
"Home Network Wizard" again. No go!

Can anybody give me an idea as to what the heck I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

Mike

comp.networking.windows 3090 articles. 0 followers. Kgoings (6) is leader. Post Follow

Accessing windows 7 share from Solaris using "windows network (smb)"
Help needed! I can not successfully login to Windows 7 box from Solaris 10 (Sparc). I can see the windows box from Network Places in Solaris 10. The problem starts when I try to login. The usrname/ passwd keeps failing. I am using the the same usrname/passwd that I use to login to the windows 7 box locally. What I am I doing wrong here? Any/All suggestions are welcomed!! Thanks in advance. In article <ba1d0cbf-919d-41b5-b876-9fc5e85ff231@e21g2000vbz.googlegroups.com>, Solarys <blayrwilson@comcast.net> wrote: >Help needed! I can not successfully login to Windows 7 box ...

Home network "specified network name no longer available"
I have a win98SE desktop system and Win2K laptop. I have a Netgear wireless router and Netgear wireless card in the laptop. I can browse folders on the desktop. Last week, I created 2 folders on the desktop hd from the laptop. One folder is accessible. The other says "specified network name no longer available" when I try to browse it. I can open the folder from the desktop system. I created a new folder on the desktop system and can see the files in it. I still can't access it from the laptop. The folder has about 8 files totalling 150 MB, both smaller than other folders I can o...

configuring "named" to provide DNS for Windows home network clients?
I configured named successfully on my Linux box because I use Verizon DSL, and their DNS servers can take almost a full minute to respond to a single request during peak hours. So now the machine it's running on is much, much faster for internet use. I understand that named is a caching nameserver but where is the cache stored? In RAM or the hard drive? And how do I get my wife's Windoze machine to use my Linux box as her primary DNS server? I added the IP address of my Linux machine to the top her Win2K DNS server list but I don't know how to tell from a windows si...

Networking with windows network
Hi, have two different machines connected to windows network. The OS/2 machines are essentially identical. I have installed fixpax 15, WR_8423, WR_8425, and IP_8414. I have settings for ibmlan.ini and protocol.ini the same on both machines. Both machines have a folder shared with the same permissions. When I connect to machine1 via the windows network, I am prompted to enter user name and password - which I do and all works fine. When I connect to Machine2 I get no prompt for username and password and a lt of times I get the blasted too many connections error. Where else can I look to...

removing a wireless network from "remembered" networks
Greetings all! I hope this is a quick, and easy question. My Powerbook remembers my work wireless network. Unfortunatly, right now it isn't working. It gets an IP address, and it shows data passing to and from it, but you can't ping anything, nor access anything. I've assigned it a unique IP address (I'm the network admin) but it still don't talk. I'm new to Macs, and this is the only one I've got to experiment with. I simply want to delete the information associated with that one wireless network, without interfering with the saved information for the two ...

windows 2000 and windows xp networking problem with athentication
i am trying to do a peer to peer with a windows 2000 machine and a xp corp machine. i can see the machines in my network places, but when i try to connect to the xp machine it ask for username and password, we have usernames and passwords set up for both machines , they are the same ones we use to log onto our own machines. they both have admin rights. when we put in the username and password and hit ok it just ask for it again and doesnt connect..we are both connected to a router for my cable connection..the firewall allows acces from our ip's..any help..thanks rh_nayan@msn.com ...

Centos XP windows network DHCP DNS Zonealarm Conflicts -> can talk linux to windows network OR www not both
Centos 5.1 Windows XPSP2 Zonealarm Firewall Standard Windows workgroup. Router with DHCP server. Set centos for DHCP Zonealarm off System works. Turn on Zonealarm on XP, Centos is blocked from contacting XP. Put Centos IP address into Zonealarm trusted zone. Everything works...until reboot when Centos gets a new IP. Don't know how to give Centos a traditional windows workgroup hostname that I can put into Zonealarm...no problem, just use fixed IP address. Bug in Centos 5.1: Fixed IP address fails to setup DNS. So, now I can't connect to the web. Is there a workaround to make all...

Networking RISC PC to Windows XP Network
Can anyone help me with the simplest step by step simple word instructions to enable me to network my Acorn RISC PC running RISCOS 4.02 to a Windows XP network. I want to transfer files between both machines. I would also like to connect my Acorn thru this network to my Broadband Internet. On the RISC PC I have SmbServer 0.07 installed but not set up along with LanMan98. Is it possible to do all these things and can a rather slow person configure the machines to work? John Ealey John Ealey wrote: > Can anyone help me with the simplest step by step simple word instructions ...

How to migrate an application from "VisualWorks/Windows NT" --> "VisualWorks/Windows XP" ?
Hello, We developped a big application (1995-2002) with "VisualWorks(R), Release 2.5.2 of September 26, 1995 Copyright (C) 1995 ParcPlace-Digitalk, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Version Id: #[25 26 47 9 25 0 0 0 25 26 47 13] Patches: CScanner Release 2.5 DLL and C Connect-VW2.5 DLL and C Connect-VW2.5 VW2.5-compat-oldview VW2.5.1 VW2.5.1-dllcc VW2.5.2 we have to migrate our application to "Windows XP". When we start the application with "Windows XP" + "...

"Network Write Error" with winME and winXP network
The BSOD then says " you have no space available on the server" The winME client had no problems untill yesterday with accessing the winXP Pro machine and there is plenty of room available. We tried rebooting and that didn't help. Open to suggestions (aside from getting rid of winME) ...

"No network provider accepted the given network path"
"No network provider accepted the given network path" My configuration : - 1 PC XP Pro, ip=192.168.2.2 connected using 802.11b - 1 PC WS2003, ip=192.168.2.3 connected using ethernet 100Mb - 1 Belkin F5D7630-4A ADSL router - Latest service packs and updates are installed on both machines Settings : - The DHCP server of the router is on - The Local Domain Name server of the router is set to � Belkin � - On both PCs I have: TCP/IP set to 'Obtain an IP address automatically' and 'Obtain DNS server adress automatically' My problem is: - On the XP Pro PC ...

Is it possible to create "network conneciton" on windows system?
Hello, one of my PC is window system, and in "control panel -> Network Connections", I can see some network connections such as PPPOE or VPN which I created by click "create a new connection". My question is, is it possible to create a new connection by using Python script? which means I do not want to use Window UI (via "control panel"), if it is possible, I can save so many time to create various network connection when I want to do testing in the lab. Thanks very much. Evan Evan wrote: > Hello, > > one of my PC is window system, and in "c...

Windows XP Pro/Home Networking Problem
Hi, I have 3 PCs (2 desktops and 1 laptop) connected through a router to the internet. I have also successfully connected them together by way of the workgroup function. Each of these PCs is shown on the others. The problem is: From either the 2 desktops I cannot access the Shared Documents folder on the laptop. While, the Shared Documents folders on the desktops can be accessed from the others. The 2 desktops run Windows XP Home and the laptop runs Windows XP Professional. Would appreciate it very much if any one can give me advice on this. Thanks & regards, What is the error m...

Web resources about - Networking Problem, Setting up "Home Networking Wizard" with Windows XP - comp.networking.windows