Unwanted DNS query.

Using Wireshark, I examined the first few packets
that WindowsXP SP2 exchange with my DSL modem.
(Kerio 2.1.5 is used.)

1. From the modem to 199.3.230.2 a
DNS Standard query A teredo.ipv6.microsoft.com is issued.
What is the purpose of that DNS query?

2. From the modem to 199.3.230.2 a
DNS Standard query A www.paypal.com is issued.
What is the purpose of that DNS query?

How one would locate the (bastard) program/process that issues
the request?
Thanks for any guidance.

Dr
8/16/2007 11:04:22 PM
comp.networking.windows 3090 articles. 0 followers. Kgoings (6) is leader. Post Follow

On Thu, 16 Aug 2007 16:04:22 -0700, Dr. Pastor wrote in
comp.os.ms-windows.networking.windows:

>Using Wireshark, I examined the first few packets
>that WindowsXP SP2 exchange with my DSL modem.
>(Kerio 2.1.5 is used.)
>
>1. From the modem to 199.3.230.2 a
>DNS Standard query A teredo.ipv6.microsoft.com is issued.
>What is the purpose of that DNS query?
>
>2. From the modem to 199.3.230.2 a
>DNS Standard query A www.paypal.com is issued.
>What is the purpose of that DNS query?
>
>How one would locate the (bastard) program/process that issues
>the request?
>Thanks for any guidance.

You firewall doesn't show that? Try: NETSTAT -b

--
Michael Bednarek   http://mbednarek.com/   "POST NO BILLS"
0