Win2000 Server can access client but client cannot access server files.

Hi

We're running 2000 Server feeding 4 PC's and two Macs.

Last week I found one PC can no longer access files on the server
whereas the server can access any files on that PC.  I suppose it's a
good sign that it is at least working in one direction.  I just need
to get it back to working both ways.

Though I am very competent with stand alone PCs I'm not very
experienced with networks.

I'd very grateful of any suggestions regarding settings I should check
that would re-connect the link of this PC to the server.

If there are any web sites you can recommend for network newbies that
would be a great help too.

Thanks very much for you time.

Ian

0
Ian
6/27/2003 10:41:00 AM
comp.networking.windows 3090 articles. 0 followers. Kgoings (6) is leader. Post Follow

Have you tried pinging both ways? What do you get in the command prompt
using ipconfig? What about a virus?
Bob
"Ian Roberts" <Ian_Roberts@SPAMOFFBTinternet.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> We're running 2000 Server feeding 4 PC's and two Macs.
>
> Last week I found one PC can no longer access files on the server
> whereas the server can access any files on that PC.  I suppose it's a
> good sign that it is at least working in one direction.  I just need
> to get it back to working both ways.
>
> Though I am very competent with stand alone PCs I'm not very
> experienced with networks.
>
> I'd very grateful of any suggestions regarding settings I should check
> that would re-connect the link of this PC to the server.
>
> If there are any web sites you can recommend for network newbies that
> would be a great help too.
>
> Thanks very much for you time.
>
> Ian

0