Windows 7 Basic ---

I believe that with Windows 7 Basic it is not possible to create a home
network but we have one Win7 Basic Laptop "Machine A" that is connected
via D-Lnk router and has a wireless connection which allows browsing and
emailing quite successfully.
I would like to use Machine B to  Browse and handle email independantly
Is this possible by useing a cable  to  connect this machine  to the
hub? Or does one have to have a network? Or is there another way of
doing this ?
Would one have to set up username.password etc on machine B?
I have read so much about the above but have not found as answer.
Your help woul be much appreciated --Richard

0
Richard
6/28/2011 1:13:41 PM
comp.networking.windows 3090 articles. 0 followers. Kgoings (6) is leader. Post Follow

Richard

Is Machine B a desktop or laptop? What e-mail client you are using?

If Machine B is far away from your router you will need an wifi adapter in
order to make it work otherwise you can use your Ethernet cable.

Windows 7 Basic should allow you that option. Just go to network and sharing
options go to the advanced section and enable discovery on machine B.

E-mail services does require you to authorize yourself. Machine wise I do
not know if you enable passwords on both machines. But if you enabled an
e-mail and web server on either machine it probably be misconfigured.

Hope that information helps you.

Best regards,

Bobby Burgess

"Richard Oliver"  wrote in message

I believe that with Windows 7 Basic it is not possible to create a home
network but we have one Win7 Basic Laptop "Machine A" that is connected
via D-Lnk router and has a wireless connection which allows browsing and
emailing quite successfully.
I would like to use Machine B to  Browse and handle email independantly
Is this possible by useing a cable  to  connect this machine  to the
hub? Or does one have to have a network? Or is there another way of
doing this ?
Would one have to set up username.password etc on machine B?
I have read so much about the above but have not found as answer.
Your help woul be much appreciated --Richard

0
Bobby