How to connect a windows xp box to a windows 2000 box

Hi,

I have an older box installed with windows 2000 and a new box with
windows xp.
I would like to access my windows 2000 box through windows xp with a
crossover cable.

I was able to view the shared folders of windows xp from my windows
2000 box, but not vice versa. I may not set it up correctly.

Anyone has a working procedure to share?

Thanks,

Wayne
0
wwang525
7/21/2004 12:05:34 AM
comp.networks 2283 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

wwang525@yahoo.com (Wayne) wrote in message news:<4ce62911.0407201605.6f030ca7@posting.google.com>...
> Hi,
>
> I have an older box installed with windows 2000 and a new box with
> windows xp.
> I would like to access my windows 2000 box through windows xp with a
> crossover cable.
>
> I was able to view the shared folders of windows xp from my windows
> 2000 box, but not vice versa. I may not set it up correctly.
>
> Anyone has a working procedure to share?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Wayne

Make sure your network service is started on the XP box. ( Start > Run
> CMD > net start ) Also, it may be that you need to be running Pro
instead of Home. I've only ever worked with Pro so you may need to
research the shortcomings of Home online. If you're using domains on
either box make sure the other box is doing the same.

Hope this gets you going!

Cheers.
0
joshlarosee