IP address from MAC address

Hi all, my network connection is DHCP, but I want to be able to login
to my computer remotely.  Is there any way to remotely find my IP
address from my MAC address, or do I just need to remember to recopy
my IP address every time my computer reboots (I have a dual-boot)?
-1
aristotle2600
10/6/2003 7:35:05 PM
comp.networks 2283 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

aristotle2600@yahoo.com (Steve) wrote in message news:<60a140ee.0310061135.14b446d@posting.google.com>...
> Hi all, my network connection is DHCP, but I want to be able to login
> to my computer remotely.  Is there any way to remotely find my IP
> address from my MAC address, or do I just need to remember to recopy
> my IP address every time my computer reboots (I have a dual-boot)?

If your computer is always on and connected to the network, it should
keep the same IP address.
Or if your DHCP lease is long enough, you can use your IP address.
Or if there is DNS involved, you can log on by NetBIOS name.

This assumes your computer is not behind a NAT router or firewall.
0
57bytes