personal smtp server question

Hi,

I would like to install my personal smtp server to protect my privacy.
I suspect that my ISP has blocked this option.
I have tried to telnet the smtp server of my office at port 25 and not
success.
Any other solution?

Thanks

comp.networks 2283 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

Network Servers question
I have 2 Win XP machines on the network connected through a Linksys router. Running FC2. Click on "Network Servers" icon. "Windows Network" shows up. Double click on that and get "Home". Double click on that and I see the 2 machines. One is "GREG". Double click on that and get "Greg's C". Double click on that and I get "Authentication Required". I type my username and password and I get an error "The folder contents could not be displayed. "Greg's C" couldn't be found. Perhaps it has recently been...

internal SMTP server + external SMTP server
For security and others reasons I wish to implement "relay" schema of SMTP servers like this: intranet---internal SMTP/POP3 server---firewall---external SMTP server---Internet Internal clients from "intranet" post and accept their messages to/from "internal SMTP/POP3 server". "Internal SMTP server" holds list of users, accepts incoming messages from internal clients and "external SMTP server", relays outgoing messages to "external SMTP server". "External SMTP server" accepts incoming messages from "internal SMTP serv...

newbie question -- error when connecting via System DSN on any network but the SQL Server's local network
I'm very new to using SQL Server. All I'm trying to do at the moment, is create a System DSN on a Windows 2000 Professional desktop machine to connect to a SQL Server 2000 server which is running on a different network. When I try the DSN while connected to the SAME network that the SQL Server machine is on, it works fine. But when I connect from any other network, I receive the following error: Connection failed: SQLState: '01000' SQL Server Error: 10061 [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][TCP/IP Sockets]ConnectionOpent (Connect()). Connection failed: SQLState: ...

local smtp server
I find it's new version, it's more useful than the last version. http://www.qksoft.com/qk-smtp-server/ ...

SMTP(S) server question
Hi, today I installed the TLS layer into my program to touch the SMTP server of web.de. There is now an effect which I don't understand: At the lines 188 - 196 I send (write) _second_ times the command STARTTLS to the server to beginn negotiation: printf("%d Bytes written.\n",write(sock,"STARTTLS\r\n",10)); ret = read(sock, buffer, MAXMSG); printf("%d Bytes empfangen.\n", ret); printf("%.*s", ret, buffer); printf("%d Bytes written.\n",write(sock,"STARTTLS\r\n",10)); ret = read(sock, buffer, MAXM...

General questions about SMTP servers.
I'm no sure if this is the correct place to post these questions, but its the best place I could find. I was wondering how SMTP servers know where to send its emails to. For example, lets say I write an email to 'john_doe@ZipZapMail.com'. My email application then takes my little email and sends it to whatever SMTP server is hosting 'john_doe@ZipZapMail.com'. Lets say for simplicity sake that this SMTP server is smtp,zipzapmail.com (OR would it send it to an an incoming POP server pop.zipzapmail.com??). Now in this example it was easy to see what server was hosting the...

Java mail
Could some Java guru please help me ? I am running JRE 1.6_16 on a Redhat EL 2.6.9_34 machine. I am using Eclipse Galileo for the actual development. I have sendmail running on my machine. I have in my constructor: sysproperties = new Properties(); session = Session.getDefaultInstance(sysproperties); transport = session.getTransport("smtp"); transport.connect("localhost.localdomain", "root", "rootpassword"); And I get an exception as: TestMailer constructor provider exception javax.mail.NoSuchProviderException: smtp I have both m...

sending mail to smtp server question
Dear All, I don't know the exact term of this issue. I'm sorry about the lack of a concrete subject. Basically, each of my lan workstations have a static IP and is associated with a name. (ie. from /etc/hosts) I set up each workstation to send mail to the mail server. That's not a problem. The problem is the Received: headers. A recipient of any mail I send will know the actual internal IP for the station that I posted from. i.e. Received: from mydomain.com (mydomain.com (x.x.x.x)) by anotherdomain.com (8.13.5/8.13.5) with ESMTP id jB338cCf023787 for <someoneelse@an...

Network pass-through/proxy server questions
Hello all. I doing a project which uses Macromedia's Flash program and Python. This is a 'because i want to see if i can do it' kind of thing, so i know that there will be better/easier ways to accomplish what i'm about to lay out! I am going to use a flash app as a kind of chat app, but because Flash does not accept incoming socket connections, i'd like to use a small Python server to act as the socket proxy (i think that's the right term) server. I am going to have a flash app running which will connect to the Python server (the chat app), and i just need the...

A Question about using ISP smtp server
Dear ALL, I am a new user of sendmail, I have a question but may be asked before by other person. Since my ISP blocked the 25 port, i can't use the sendmail to deliever mail to other place, how can i send the mail from local user to other mail address? Can i use ISP mail server to achieve this aim and how can i configure it? Thanks all of you. Hope you can teach me how to do it. Thz! Eric Chan wrote: > Dear ALL, > > I am a new user of sendmail, I have a question but may be asked before by > other person. The FAQ and groups.google.com are good places to start. > Sinc...

Personal DNS server for natted home network
I have successfully configured my dns server on my freebsd box which has an ip address of 192.168.0.3 my network layout is as follows: netgear router/firewall: dynamic external ip address static internal ip: 192.168.0.1 slackware box: 192.168.0.2 freebsd box: 192.168.0.3 win2k box: 192.168.0.4 win2k box: 192.168.0.5 now my external ip address hardly changes but when it does my domain name (which is registered) airea420.com points to dyndns.org for dynamic nameservices and my router automagicly updates the records dyndns has when my external ip changes. From my bsd box (192.168.0.3) I can ping scott.airea420.com and it will resolve along with all my other hostnames. My question is would it seem logical to setup my dns server on 192.168.0.3 to also be a caching nameserver which will forward requests to my isp if the local did not have the hostname. In the end I would like to set both my win2k box's dns server to 192.168.0.3 and have that dns server resolve my local hosts and also resolve hosts outside my network. Is this possible? I can copy my named.conf and airea420.conf.db file upon request but for the sake of bandwidth I will omit it for now. Is this am advanced configuration or is this setup pretty common for people with small home networks, cable modems and unix/linux boxs? thanks for your time RayzrShrp wrote: > I have successfully configured my dns server on my freebsd box which > has an ip address of 192.168.0.3...

simple newbie question: personal root server
I'm trying to set up my own private DNS, disconnected from the net obviously. It seems I can get named to work with the root domain, but not with delegated domains. Here's the entry in the conf file for root: zone "." IN { type master; file "named.root"; }; Here's the root zone file: @ 86400 IN SOA kyousuke.kasuga. root (2006050601 1800 900 604800 86400) 86400 IN NS localhost 86400 IN NS manami localhost 86400 IN A 199.62.51.53 manami 86400 IN A 199.62.51.50 kasuga. 86400 IN NS manami 86400 IN NS localhost "dig . ns" and "dig . soa" return the expected results. However if I try to ask for the nameserver for the delegated domain (kasuga.), i.e. "dig kasuga. ns" the dig hangs, and times out trying to contact servers. Shouldn't I get a response based upon the root zone file specifying the two hosts in the NS records? Or am I setting up the root zone wrong? You can respond by email to alansteiner at comcast dot net. Thanks, Alan In article <e3ntmd$1jom$1@sf1.isc.org>, Oliver Wendell Jones <noone@nowhere.not> wrote: > I'm trying to set up my own private DNS, disconnected from the net > obviously. >...

a newbie question(network question)
Hello, Now, i have three computers at my home and i installed mysql to one of the computers. I want to access mysql from other computers. However, i couldn't access to that mysql server. When i tried to connect from client, it gave that error(mysql error number 2003). What can i do for solving that problem? Best Regards, Emrah Ayanoglu P.S: I tried both of linux and windows, but i couldn't succeed. On 31 Jan 2007 13:16:53 -0800, hardemr wrote: > Hello, > > Now, i have three computers at my home and i installed mysql to one of > the computers. I want to access mysql fr...

Programatically finding SMTP Server on local network
Is there a way to programatically find a SMTP server available on the network? I am writing a C#.Net program, which should first find a SMTP server on LAN and use that SMTP server to send an email. Thanks Ganesh ...

SMTP server to POP server
Jumped into an organization, have no idea how things are set up, I'm just "ok" with linux/unix commands, etc. They are running 2 linux boxes for mail - 1 for smtp, the other for pop3. Do to a long complicated story, i need to sever the ties between them. So when an @doe.com person sends email to another @doe.com person, i need the smtp server to shoot it out to the internet first, not dump it into the local pop3 server box. How do I do that? Thanks. themamayada@gmail.com wrote: > Jumped into an organization, have no idea how things are set up, I'm > just "ok&...

Programatically finding SMTP Server on local network
Is there a way to programatically find a SMTP server available on the network? I am writing a C#.Net program, which should first find a SMTP server on LAN and use that SMTP server to send an email. Thanks Ganesh ...

Eudora and BT server and smtp relay personality
I am using Eudora 7.1.0.9 and have a number of email accounts (persona). I have been able to send emails using the bt server mail.btinternet.com as my smtp relay personality for other email accounts (persona). Until recently all was fine but now Ican't send messages with any graphics or attachments but can send small txt emails. It would appear the BT mail server has changed how it works. Other BT mail servers such as smtp.mail.yahoo.ca behave the same. If I send using the BT email account persona it works. Any ideas? On Wed, 14 Feb 2007 21:42:08 +0000, Dick Bowyer wrote: > ...

Newbie question: SMTP -> SQL Server
I have an externally-written piece of software that spits out emails using SMTP (a few hundred per hour) and I would like to dump the content of them in an MS SQL Server database. I have barely used Python before but it looks as if it could do the job. I have no experience with mail agents. My starting point is this recipe: http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/440690 I know that there are various libraries that can connect to MS SQL server and I am going to research these. I have two questions: i) Does this sound like an efficient way of transferring data to the data...

Programatically finding SMTP Server on local network
Is there a way to programatically find a SMTP server available on the network? I am writing a C#.Net program, which should first find a SMTP server on LAN and use that SMTP server to send an email. Thanks Ganesh ...

Server to server = Server client to server?
For a server to server connection, is the connecting server considered as a client of the accepting server or is it not? I have the following classes: Connection <--- base class of the following two ClientConnection <--- client ServerConnection <--- server ServerClientConnection <--- server as a client of another server. But then I came across something that states "A client is anything connected to a server that is not another client". Comments please... Just remember! Server ( programm ) is always listening a connections!!! - wrote: &g...

VPN server in DMZ, topology questions and PIX network interface VLANs
Im looking to have my VPN server in my DMZ. I have seen two topologies for doing this. One is where the VPN server has a second NIC connected to the internal lan. The other is where the VPN server routes packets through the firewall. I udnerstand this is more secure. I'm guessing i would need VLAN support on the VPN server? I would then send connected clients through the VPN_VLAN vlan on the dmz switch to the firewall where rules could be applied? Any quick pointers or config to add additional VLAN interfaces to PIX firewall ethernet ports? Thanks in advance, Chris ...

Question Re: Brother wireless network print server NC-2200w
Folks, Bought a Brother MFC-7420 5-in-1 laser printer\fax\scanner unit the other day to replace the dying fax machine. It works well, and will even function perfectly as a laser printer and PC-fax, using a D-Link Wireless Network Print Server(DP-G310). However, to date, I cannot get the scanner functions to work, despite the unit being well capable of scanning across a network(and necessarry software supplied with the MFC). Looking in more depth at the reccommended Brother wireless network print server, I finally find some detail that actually describes it as a wireless ne...

Legato Networker 7.2.2 Build 422 -- Creating & Configuring a NDMP Client so that the CIFS Servers on a Celerra Networker Server Can be backed up
I am trying to run a backup of my Celerra Network Server NS40G. I am running backups through the Legato Networker Server 7.2.2. Build 422. For my two Celerra units I have two NDMP clients set up on the Legato Networker Server. I have created the clients no problem on the Legato Networker Server, added them to my Daily Backup Group and started the configuration -- here is how the clients are configured so far: In the General Tab of my client: The name of the client is netwincp.cph.local The saveset I have listed is -- userfiles ** userfiles is the name of one of my file system...

Linked Server to SQL-Server Question
I've been trying to work with Linked Servers for the first time, with mixed success. My problem right now is in trying to write a View using a linked server. The linked server is another SQL-Server, and it was set up using the 'Enterprise Manager' interface. When the server was created, the name was given as the full server address - name.pyr.ec.gc.ca. When I try and use this name in a new view, I enter the name in the query as [name.pyr.ec.gc.ca].database.dbo.table. SQL-Server rewrites this name as name.[pyr.ec.gc.ca.database].dbo.table table_1 I'm sure this is me not unders...

Web resources about - personal smtp server question - comp.networks

Personal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Personal (company) , a Washington, D.C.-based tech startup Text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License ;additional ...

Personal Branding Blog - Dan Schawbel
The Personal Branding Blog offers branding and career advice from Dan Schawbel and his team of experts.

How to Start Building Your Personal Twitter Brand Today
... you’re the co-founder of a startup looking for investment capital or a new grad looking for a job, now is a great time to invest in your personal ...

FCC's Tom Wheeler wants to protect internet users' privacy by limiting ISPs' personal data usage
... transparency and security with respect to their data", and recognizes the fact that most internet users simply have no idea of how their personal ...

Apple’s Federighi: FBI backdoor could ‘wreak havoc’ on our personal safety
Apple’s senior vice president of software engineering Craig Federighi is one of the company's most compelling public speakers and now he's making ...

5 Essential Tips for Creating Your Personal Brand
Creating your personal brand may be a bit daunting, but it’s a salient aspect to keep everything cohesive and ensuring that you have the same ...

stream White Denim's new song "Had 2 Know (Personal)"
... Records (pre-order). They already released a couple songs off of it, and now a third single is out. It's the opening track, "Had 2 Know (Personal)," ...

This is what it's like to fly a personal seaplane around New York City
... frequent instances of general aviation aircraft falling out of the sky. Recently, ICON Aircraft introduced their new A5 light sport personal ...

The Personal Care Industry Invades West Palm Beach – Key Media Takeaway
... marketers, scientists and an influx of media – both on the advertising and editorial side, head down to sunny Florida to share news, talk personal ...

Trudeau gets personal, talks parents on 60 Minutes
The Canadian PM describes following in his father's footsteps and surviving his mother's mental illness in these previously unaired clips