Problem with the configuration of my Network!

Hello everybody,

i've got a problem in my linux network configuration.

Always, if I reboot my notebook, i must type the ip and the gateway
address again.

In /etc/network/interfaces is all okay, so here is a copy:

# The first network card - this entry was created during the Debian
installation
# (network, broadcast and gateway are optional)
auto eth0
iface eth0 inet static
       address 192.168.1.113
       netmask 255.255.255.0
       network 192.168.1.0
       broadcast 192.168.1.255
       gateway 192.168.1.100

I have a pcmcia card, which I use to get to the net. by the
installation, i know, i choosed, that i don't connect to the internet
trough the pcmcia-card, because otherwise it wouldn't continue the
installation....

I hope you can help me!

P.S. I have Debian GNU/Linux 3.1

Thanks!
0
crackitagain
10/31/2003 4:11:24 PM
comp.networks 2283 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow