USB printer Router with parallel port for printer

HI,

We are looking for a braodband router with build-in printer server
with a USB port.  There a lot of broadband router that offer printer
server but all the one we have found have parrallel port for the
printer.  The printer we want to buy with the router is an all in-one
printer.  Here all the printer we find have only USB port.  Have any
one find a way to connect the two or we facing a strange mismach?

Thank you

0
Andr
7/18/2003 12:30:56 PM
comp.networks 2283 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

Andr� Blanchard <andre.blanchard@fadq.qc.ca> wrote in message news:<p1vdhvscbh85tv4mfspltfn007vfiaqa7c@4ax.com>...
> HI,
>
> We are looking for a braodband router with build-in printer server
> with a USB port.  There a lot of broadband router that offer printer
> server but all the one we have found have parrallel port for the
> printer.  The printer we want to buy with the router is an all in-one
> printer.  Here all the printer we find have only USB port.  Have any
> one find a way to connect the two or we facing a strange mismach?
>
> Thank you

Andre,
     Check this http://www.surecom-net.com/pd-wireless-9910sx.htm not sure if
the product is available yet.

Sujit
0
sujitdmello

Does parallel to usb work for usb printer to parallel port?
My inlaws have a dinosaur pc, one usb port which contains their cable modem. Parallel printer died, so they bought a usb, Canon s330, they are very computer illiterate. My question is, what's the best way to get them printing capabilites? I've thought of usb hub to share port with modem (not recommended by ISP), return printer for a parallel one (spend more money) install another usb card (more money) or buy a usb to parallel adapter...if they work from usb printer to parallel port. Any thoughts or ideas? Thanks, Don On 12 Jul 2003 20:19:32 GMT, doninwny@aol.com (Don in WNY) wr...

Printing: Parallel Port PC to USB Printer Port converter needed
I look for a converter cable which could connect a printer with USB port to a conventional parallel printer port (DB25) on PC or PC-like device. Has anyone such a cable? Where could I get it? http://www.google.com/search?tab=gw&q=usb%20db25&hl=en& 169,000 English pages in 0.37 seconds :-) ...

Networking Parallel and USB Printers
Help... Please! I have: o 2 PCs: One Win98 and one WinXP o 2 Printers: A Parallel HP LaserJet 4L and a USB HP DeskJet 882c o 1 4-port Network Anywhere (by LinkSys) NR041 Router How do I connect the 2 printers to the router so both PCs can print to them? Is this the best way to "network" this mess? Thanks! Steve gfr92y@yahoo.com "Steve Forrestor" <gfr92y@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:SIydnTQtmYldIdDcRVn-gA@comcast.com... > > Help... Please! > > I have: > o 2 PCs: One Win98 and one WinXP > o 2 Print...

Help... Please! I have: o 2 PCs: One Win98 and one WinXP o 2 Printers: A Parallel HP LaserJet 4L and a USB HP DeskJet 882c o 1 4-port Network Anywhere (by LinkSys) NR041 Router How do I connect the 2 printers to the router so both PCs can print to them? Is this the best way to "network" this mess? Thanks! Steve gfr92y@yahoo.com Print servers http://www.level1.com/products2.php?sklop=13 -- Ross "Steve Forrestor" <gfr92y@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:i8mdnWBvwoMkIdDcRVn-tw@comcast.com... > > Help... Please! >...

Networking Parallel and USB Printers
Help... Please! I have: o 2 PCs: One Win98 and one WinXP o 2 Printers: A Parallel HP LaserJet 4L and a USB HP DeskJet 882c o 1 4-port Network Anywhere (by LinkSys) NR041 Router How do I connect the 2 printers to the router so both PCs can print to them? Is this the best way to "network" this mess? Thanks! Steve gfr92y@yahoo.com ...

Networking Parallel and USB Printers
Help... Please! I have: o 2 PCs: One Win98 and one WinXP o 2 Printers: A Parallel HP LaserJet 4L and a USB HP DeskJet 882c o 1 4-port Network Anywhere (by LinkSys) NR041 Router How do I connect the 2 printers to the router so both PCs can print to them? Is this the best way to "network" this mess? Thanks! Steve gfr92y@yahoo.com Steve Forrestor wrote: > Help... Please! > > I have: > o 2 PCs: One Win98 and one WinXP > o 2 Printers: A Parallel HP LaserJet 4L and a USB HP DeskJet 882c > o 1 4-port Network Anywhere (by LinkSys) NR041 Router > &g...

Networking Parallel and USB Printers
Help... Please! I have: o 2 PCs: One Win98 and one WinXP o 2 Printers: A Parallel HP LaserJet 4L and a USB HP DeskJet 882c o 1 4-port Network Anywhere (by LinkSys) NR041 Router How do I connect the 2 printers to the router so both PCs can print to them? Is this the best way to "network" this mess? Thanks! Steve gfr92y@yahoo.com Steve, Make sure you have "file and printer sharing" enabled in you network settings. Go to "printers" and right click on your printer. Select sharing. Enable sharing and give the printer a name. As...

Networking Parallel and USB Printers
Help... Please! I have: o 2 PCs: One Win98 and one WinXP o 2 Printers: A Parallel HP LaserJet 4L and a USB HP DeskJet 882c o 1 4-port Network Anywhere (by LinkSys) NR041 Router How do I connect the 2 printers to the router so both PCs can print to them? Is this the best way to "network" this mess? Thanks! Steve gfr92y@yahoo.com Steve Forrestor wrote: > Help... Please! > > I have: > o 2 PCs: One Win98 and one WinXP > o 2 Printers: A Parallel HP LaserJet 4L and a USB HP DeskJet 882c > o 1 4-port Network Anywhere (by LinkSys) NR041 Router > &g...

Move document between printers / More than one printer when changing USB port
I have an annoying problem in XP. I have only one printer, but if I plug it in a different printer port - XP insists it's a differnt printer!!! Stupid XP seems to do this with all USB devices (suggestion/complaint sent to MS). So I ended up with a load of documents in a dead queue, so why can't I just move them to the correct queue? The driver etc etc is the same as it's the same actual printer!!!! -- 11 parrots http://www.petersparrots.com 93 silly video clips http://www.insanevideoclips.com 1259 digital photos http://www.petersphotos.com Tell a man tha...

Parallel printer to USB Computer Port
I've got an excellent condition and little used HP LaserJet 6L printer that only has a parallel cable output-- but my new computer doesn't have a parallel port-- just USB. So I got a parallel/Centronics to USB adaptor cable-- but the computer doesn't recognize it and I can't find a driver that will work. The HP website is no help. It's not cost effective to set up a wireless print network. So-- any suggestions? I'd hate to have to go out and buy a new printer to replace a perfectly good one... "Charlie Allnut" <null@null> wrote i...

tip: lpr printer to the router's printer port
There is a way to connect a printer to a router's printer port without having a special driver from the router's maker; it is known as a "lpr" printer & requires that the "printer services for unix" be installed in winxp. The printer services can be installed from the network connections in under installing optional networking componets; check the "help & support" in the printer & fax setting folder. The "help & support" will also detail a howto install a "lpr" port; and, of course, the tcp/ip protocol must ha...

Interface to connect a USB printer to a parallel port
USB to Parallel port adaptors are two a penny, but with few Printers now having parallel ports it is getting difficult for us to offer printers to many RISC OS users. Does anyone know of a Parallel port to USB adaptor i.e. a computers parallel port to a printers USB port. I realise that as the adaptor would have to run a USB stack it's not an inconsequential design. I know we can recommend UniPods but for some such as a Siblius user running an A5000 there are a few downsides: cost, memory loss & not a very straight forward setup. We will often try and suggest an upgrade to a RiscPC ...

Connecting to Networked Printer via USB Port
Hi, I'm a consultant at a client site with no access to their network or their printers. I tried to connect directly to one of these networked printers using the USB port on the printer. After loading and installing the printer drivers in my laptop (for a Laserjet 4350dtn), I would get a printing error messagewhen trying to print a document. What I'm trying to figure out is whether this is an installation problem in my laptop, or if what I'm trying to do creates a conflict at the printer level between the network connection and the USB connection. Any input would ...

Wireless networking laser printer
Hello friends, I am not a computer geek and I have a question on wirelessly networking a laser printer. I run a Microsoft Base Station (MN-500) based wireless network setup at home, connecting 3 computers. I am thinking of buying a new laser printer (Brother HL-5140; has parrallel, USB and ethernet ports) and the local Office Depot sells a couple of wireless print servers and I am trying to figure out which one suits me. The available wirelss print servers are: 1) A compact "D-link" one that attaches to the PARALLEL PORT of the printer. Sale price, $45 ...

Printer trays.....network printers
Still having a problem here... If I define a Xerox printer with two Ldev nos, with data_intray=1 on one ldev, and data_intray = 4 on the other, I can send interleaved spool files to them and it works beautifully. If I remove data_intray = 4, and try to use setup_file=x.hpenv where x contains <Esc>&l4H (PCL for use lower tray), nothing works, it doesnt even rotate to landscape (understand that part). If I embed the esc sequence in the data at start it works, but thats not a viable solution. In fact if I send the tray value anything from 2 to 5, it uses bottom tray. I want t...

Laptop USB to parallel port printer conversion question.
Laptops today do not come with parallel ports but I was wondering how troublesome it would be to use some kind of converter. The printer is an HP Rx 80 multifunction printer. The parallel port printer cable is missing but I'm willing to spring for one if conversion to USB is not to pricey or complicated. What do you recommend? On 2010-11-05 23:09, ghelf wrote: > Laptops today do not come with parallel ports but I was wondering how > troublesome it would be to use some kind of converter. > The printer is an HP Rx 80 multifunction printer. The parallel port > printer cable ...

Looking for an ADSL Router, parallel printer port, VPN passthrough
My need is to buy an ADSL Router with a parallel printer port, and VPN passthrough support for both IPSEC and PPTP. I have found these current choices so far: Zonet ZSR0104DE 10/100Mbps 4-Port Cable/DSL Router w/Parallel Port Print Server Netgear FR114PUK Broadband Firewall Router + Parallel Port SMC70008ABR Cable/DSL Router W/8-PT Switch If anyone has any experience with these routers and how well they work with VPN, or can suggest another ADSL router which has a parallel printer port and VPN passthrough which works well, I would love to hear about it. Thank you ! From: "Edwar...

Question: Parallel/USB to network(wired or wireless) printer adapter
Has anyone tried/tested/using a print server adapter? What are the plus and minus of using one? Will the printer still be able to do all the same functions as if it were wired directly to the computer? One that goes from the parallel or USB of the printer, and could connect to the router/switch of the network? I just want to share a printer on the home/office router. I could get a new router with print server built in, or I could get one of these adapters to connect a printer to the network. Was wondering if anyone could share their experience with the individual parallel-US...

Any 4 port WiFi routers with real USB printer support.
I don't need dual band but need a router than can support a Bother HL 2040 or a Epson R300/310 via WiFi and a USB port. Must support XP3/W7 and 802.11n I read some references to the D-Link's SharePort� Technology Any other brands that offer similar support, Note the Bother HL 2040 is a GUI printer don't know about the Epson. Thanks From: "Frank Williams" <FWilliams@happy.com.ru> > > > I don't need dual band but need a router than can support a > Bother HL 2040 or a Epson R300/310 via WiFi and a USB port. > >...

HP All-in-One via Wireless Router with USB printer port
Hi, I own an HP PSC2210 all-in-one printer which is currently connected to my PC via USB. I now think of buying a wireless DSL Router with integrated USB printer port. Does anyone know if I can only use printer functions with the port on the router or if all functions of the PSC2210 will work that way (printing & scanning) Thanks, Olaf ...

HP All-in-One via Wireless Router with USB printer port #2
Hi, I own an HP PSC2210 all-in-one printer which is currently connected to my PC via USB. I now think of buying a wireless DSL Router with integrated USB printer port. Does anyone know if I can only use printer functions with the port on the router or if all functions of the PSC2210 will work that way (printing & scanning) Thanks, Olaf ...

Only allow a printer server on network printer
How can I set up a network printer to only use a printer server from WinNT or Win2000 servers if the printer is network enabled (say an HP printer with a JetDirect card and its own IP)? Is it configurable through the JetAdmin utility? Do I have to setup a filtering firewall perhaps to the printer? TIA Patrick ...

Wireless Printer Server and USB printer?
I just bought a Netgear WGPS606 wireless print server to connect my USB Canon BJC-8200 printer. It works fine. I could see and print to the printer over wireless but the big problem is that there is no printer status information returned (paper out, ink empty etc...). This same printer works fine (and displayed all printer information) as a direct-connect printer or shared network printer when it was connected directly to my desktop and print from my laptop. Am I missing something? I would think that a printer server just pass data from computer to the printer and vice versa. It seem...

Wireless Printer Server and USB printer?
I just bought a Netgear WGPS606 wireless print server to connect my USB Canon BJC-8200 printer. It works fine. I could see and print to the printer over wireless but the big problem is that there is no printer status information returned (paper out, ink empty etc...). This same printer works fine (and displayed all printer information) as a direct-connect printer or shared network printer when it was connected directly to my desktop and print from my laptop. Am I missing something? I would think that a printer server just pass data from computer to the printer and vice versa. It seem...

Web resources about - USB printer Router with parallel port for printer - comp.networks

Parallel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Does the opportunity to lead a parallel life online mean we are more likely to cheat?
Here's the bad news: According to some experts, you're more likely to find yourself with a cheating partner these days. &nbsp;

Woman accusing Daw of rape was teased over parallels with novel
Being made fun of by classmates when they studied a novel in 2007 led woman who accuses former AFL player of raping her to report the incident ...

Harper review: Government faces stoush with authors over removal of parallel book imports
The Turnbull government is set for a fiery showdown with some of Australia's most popular authors over its plan to loosen restrictions on book ...

The Best Black Friday Games/Apps Deals: 2Do, MacID, Pixelmator, Infinity Blade, Kingdom Rush, Parallels ...
... Rush Origins: $1 (Reg. $3) iPad: Kingdom Rush Frontiers HD: $3 (Reg. $5) iPad: Kingdom Rush Origins HD: $3 (Reg. $5) Mac Apps: Mac: Parallels ...

Kindle for iOS gets social sharing features, parallel downloads
... it is nevertheless nice to see Amazon take advantage of Apple’s mobile platform through integrating sharing in this way. Kindle for iOS. Parallel ...

Windows 10 on Mac: Boot Camp vs Parallels
... run Windows 10 on a Mac there are really only two options worth considering: a native install using Boot Camp or virtualization through Parallels. ...

"Every year at the holidays, millions of Americans partake in a whole parallel tradition: avoiding the ...
"... that one exhausting relative who treats every event as a chance to assault you with their fringe political ideas, hector you about your ...

Panasonic Introduced Its Tomato-picking Robot and Parallel Link Robot at International Robot Exhibition ...
Panasonic proposed numerous robotics solutions such as the tomato-picking robot and the parallel link robot at one of the world's largest robot ...

Charting the Parallels Between Rey and Luke Skywalker in Star Wars: The Force Awakens
[SPOILER WARNING: This article discusses plot elements from Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Do not [...]