ECOOP 2016 - Call for papers!

Apologies if you receive multiple copies of this CFP.

ECOOP is a programming languages conference. Its primary focus has been obj=
ect-orientation, though it is liberal in its taste and, in recent years, ha=
s accepted quality papers over a much broader range of programming language=
 and programming topics. Its sweet spot tends to be the theory, design, imp=
lementation, optimization, and analysis of programming languages that enabl=
e or enforce abstractions -- data, control, security, performance -- across=
 various programming styles, from object-orientation to reactivity to sprea=
dsheets. It encourages both innovative and creative solutions to real probl=
ems, and evaluations of existing solutions in ways that shed new insights. =
Following recent precedent, it also encourages the submission of reproducti=
on studies.

The 30th edition of the ECOOP conferences series will take place from 18-22=
 July, 2016 in Rome, Italy.

# Important Dates for ECOOP'16 Research Papers

Submission deadline:         ***8 Dec 2015*** [FIRM]
Author response start:          9 Feb 2016
Author response end:            12 Feb 2016
Acceptance notification:        7 Mar 2016
Main conference dates:          18-22 Jul 2016

# Call for Papers

ECOOP 2016 solicits high quality submissions describing original and unpubl=
ished results. The program committee will evaluate the technical contributi=
on of each submission as well as its general relevance and accessibility to=
 the ECOOP audience according the following criteria:

# Topic

ECOOP has become a broad conference for high-level programming language ide=
as, while retaining expertise in object-oriented topics. The past editions =
give a clear indication of the kind of material appropriate and interesting=
 to the conference. Please consult the program chair if you have questions =
about fit and appropriateness.

# Originality

Papers must present new ideas and place them appropriately within the conte=
xt established by previous research in the field. The paper must clearly id=
entify what this contribution has accomplished and how it relates to previo=
us work.

# Significance

The results in the paper must have the potential to add to the state of the=
 art or practice in important or significant ways. The paper must challenge=
 or change informed opinion about what is possible, true, or likely.

# Evidence

The paper must present evidence supporting its claims. Examples of evidence=
 include formalizations and proofs, implemented systems, experimental resul=
ts, statistical analyses, and case studies.

# Clarity

The paper must present its claims and results clearly. It must be organized=
 so that it is easily understood by an audience with varied expertise.

# Length

Papers must be no longer than 25 pages, including references, figures and i=
ntegral appendices. See below for information about additional appendices. =
However, papers should be as long as necessary, but not longer. Reviewers w=
ill expect papers to be at least 18 pages long, beyond which authors will n=
ot be penalized for papers that are shorter than the page limit.

# For Reproduction Studies: Empirical Evaluation

Common in other sciences, reproduction means independently reconstructing a=
n experiment in a different context (e.g. virtual machine, platform, class =
of applications) in order to validate or refute important results of earlie=
r work. A good reproduction study will include thorough empirical evaluatio=
n, meeting high statistical standards. It will contain a detailed compariso=
n with the previous results, seeking reasons for possible disagreements.

# Publication Imprint

ECOOP Proceedings are published by Dagstuhl LIPIcs. LIPIcs is only the publ=
isher; authors retain ownership of their content.

# Paper Submission

Only papers that have not been published and are not under review for publi=
cation elsewhere can be submitted. Double submissions will be rejected with=
out review. If major parts of an ECOOP submission have appeared elsewhere i=
n any form, authors are required to notify the ECOOP program chair and to e=
xplain the overlap and relationship. Authors are also required to inform th=
e program chair about closely related work submitted to another conference =
while the ECOOP submission is under review.

Submissions will be carried out electronically via HotCRP:

https://ecoop2016.hotcrp.com/ (the site will be alive in the next few weeks=
)

Papers must be written in English.

# Anonymity

ECOOP will use light double-blind reviewing whereby authors' identities are=
 withheld until the reviewer submits their review (as usual, reviews are al=
ways anonymous). To facilitate this, submitted papers must adhere to two ru=
les:
 - author names and institutions must be omitted, and
 - references to authors' own other work should be in the third person (e.g=
.., not "We build on our previous work ..." but rather "We build on the work=
 of ...").

However, nothing should be done in the name of anonymity that weakens the s=
ubmission or makes the job of reviewing the paper more difficult (e.g., imp=
ortant background references should not be omitted or anonymized). A docume=
nt answering frequently asked questions that hopefully addresses many commo=
n concerns is available here. When in doubt, contact the program chair.

# Additional Material

Clearly marked additional appendices, not intended for the final publicatio=
n, containing supporting proofs, analyses, statistics, etc, may be included=
 beyond the 25 page limit. There is also an option on the paper submission =
page to submit supplementary material, e.g., a technical report including p=
roofs, or the software used to implement a system that cannot easily be ano=
nymized. This material will be made available to reviewers after the initia=
l reviews have been completed when author names are revealed.

Reviewers are under no obligation to examine the supplemental material. The=
refore, the paper must be a stand-alone document, with the supplemental mat=
erial viewed only as a way of providing useful information that cannot fit =
in the page limit, rather than as a means to extend the page limit. In our =
experience, reviewers are more likely to consult additional appendices rath=
er than separate technical reports.

Authors of papers that have been submitted but not accepted by previous pre=
stigious conferences may additionally submit a Note to Reviewers. The Note =
to Reviewers should a) identify the previous venue(s) (e.g. POPL 2016, OOPS=
LA 2015); b) list the major issues identified by the reviews at those venue=
s; and c) describe the changes made to the paper in response to those revie=
ws. These notes will be made available to reviewers after the initial revie=
w has been completed and author names have been revealed.

# Response period

Authors will be given a four-day period to read and respond to the reviews =
of their papers before the program committee meeting. Responses have no for=
mal length limit, but concision will be highly appreciated and is likely to=
 be more effective.

# Artifact Evaluation

To reward the creation of artifacts and support replication of experiments,=
 authors of accepted research papers can submit artifacts (such as tools, d=
ata, models, or videos) to be evaluated by an Artifact Evaluation Committee=
.. Artifacts that pass muster will be recognized formally, and the Artifact =
Evaluation Committee will give an award for the most distinguished artifact=
..

For more information, please follow this link:

http://conf.researchr.org/track/ecoop-2016/ecoop-2016-artifacts

# For More Information

For additional information, please contact the ECOOP Program Chair, Shriram=
 Krishnamurthi sk [at] cs.brown.edu
0
coppa
10/15/2015 1:04:39 PM
comp.object 3218 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

[object Object] ?
I get this mysterious [object Object] now and then, and have thought that ok, I understand. But suddenly I do not understand. Why [], why small o, why capital O, what is where and why? Could somebody draw an image causing 'Aha!' ? Is there a deeper meaning in this, like 42? (as a disobeying citizen, I have not read the FAQ thoroughly enough, and have not learnt ECMA-whatever, and have not changed the settings in my computer/programs/ etc to appeal everyone, and have not learn to post, have not learnt to quote, and have not studied with google first everything in the internet to...

For each object in object
I'm trying to do this in VO: Have tried ForEachElement( oEvalObj ) CLASS AbstractCollection:VOCOM32.AbstractCollection:ForEachElement without any luck. My code vo is working but goBeregning:BeregnRefusjon(oRegning) are generating some new objects. I can't get these objects in vo. Any suggestions? "VB code For Each objKode In objRegning.Koder If Not objKode.Gyldig Then strStatus = "Ugyldig!" ElseIf objKode.Stjernekode Then strStatus = "Stjernekode" ElseIf objKode.Aggregert Then If...

an (object, object) -> object mapping, please?
I wonder, what are the common ways of implementing an (object, object) -> object mapping in Scheme (of various flavours)? Say, I have a set of `shop' objects, a set of `item' ones, and then a mapping, like: (shop, item) -> stock. With an option to get an (item -> stock) mapping for any given `shop'. One of the solutions (in standard Scheme) would be to embed a mapping into either each `shop' or `item' (or both), and then, e. g.: (define (get-stock shop item) (assq item (shop-items shop))) or, conversely: (define (get-stock shop item) (assq shop (...

class objects, method objects, function objects
Hi, I'm trying to figure out what this passage from GvR's tutorial means: ------- Class definitions, like function definitions (def statements) must be executed before they have any effect.... When a class definition is entered, a new namespace is created... When a class definition is left normally (via the end), a class object is created. If you still don't understand how methods work, a look at the implementation can perhaps clarify matters. When an instance attribute is referenced that isn't a data attribute, its class is searched. If the name denotes a valid class attri...

moving to objects / IDL objects and object graphics
I'm trying to get a feel for object programming in IDL. I'm reading the last chapter of David Fanning's book on the subject. Here's what I'm wondering: I like the object graphics system in IDL. I also like the concept of writing my own objects. For example, I currently have a widget program containing a draw window. The draw window is set to object graphics mode. I define an IDLgrView object and in the view I place an IDLgrImage object. The data that I'm working with isn't an image, however, it's a movie. What if I were to create my own MBgrMovie object?...

Question about objects in objects.
I have been writing a game and some of my objects have objecs as members of that I have a graphic with a color or unit with a coord structure. If I have a: class unit{ color cl; int attackFactor; ..... ..... When I create the object, I create an empty color but I have a color constructor: color::color(int r, int g, int b); I want to create the unit unit::unit(int af, int r, int g, int b); attackFactor =af; color(r,g,b); My unit objects will have quite a bit of data so I want to load all the information with istream from a text file. How can I use constructor for the m...

Does Object extend Object?
The javadoc on the class Object is as follows: Class Object is the root of the class hierarchy. Every class has Object as a superclass. All objects, including arrays, implement the methods of this class. Does this mean that Object implicitly extends Object? It passes all the inheritance tests such as implementing the methods of the parent class, the "is a" relationship etc. So does it in fact extend itself or should it say "Every OTHER class has Object as a superclass? Thanks for your thoughts! <william.lichtenberger@gmail.com> wrote: > The javadoc on the...

OLE Object Has Object?
How can one determine in code if an OLE Object type field has an object for a particular record? Thanks. If you have a Bound OLE Frame control on a Form then something like: If NOT (IsNull(Me.NameOfYourOLEFrameControl.Value)) -- HTH Stephen Lebans http://www.lebans.com Access Code, Tips and Tricks Please respond only to the newsgroups so everyone can benefit. "Neil" <nospam@nospam.net> wrote in message news:u%Vee.8446$HL2.2719@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net... > How can one determine in code if an OLE Object type field has an object for > a particular record? &...

Objects containing objects
I have a class that takes in an object in its constructor, and stores it as a member variable as follows: # INSIDE CONSTRUCTOR .... $self->{MY_OBJECT} = shift; .... I can make calls to this member object's methods inside the constructor, and they work fine: .... print $self->{MY_OBJECT}->myMethod(); .... I have a getter method in this top-level object that returns the member object: sub getMyObject { my $self = shift; return $self->{MY_OBJECT}; } However, when other code retrieves this object using the getter method, it is unable to make method calls against ...

Definition of Business Object/Domain Object/Transaction Object
Could anyone please give me a definition? -- Steven Woody steven@lczmsoft.com ...

Object.object.method()
Hello, obviously it's a time for a noobie question. What the following statement means? Object.object.method() Sample code: window = Gtk::Window.new(Gtk::Window::TOPLEVEL) area = Gtk::DrawingArea.new() area.window.set_cursor(Gdk::Cursor.new(Gdk::Cursor::PENCIL)) I'm confused. Can anyone enlight me? Thanks. -- Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/. On Sun, Oct 3, 2010 at 11:29 AM, Johan Soderholm <teisto@surfy.net> wrote: > Hello, obviously it's a time for a noobie question. What the following > statement means? > > Object.object.method...

object into object question.
O.k. i tried to figure this one out on my own to no avail. Lets say i have an animation of a guy walking down the street how do i keep his feet from going through the street? Or lets say im doing an animation of a crane lifting up a box, how do i keep the cranes lift from going through the box object? How do you guys do it? Is the way to do it just to do really precise key frameing? is there a way to make it so one object can not go through another object? I hate saying this without giving an example as I'm lame at doing them, but... EXPRESSIONS! For non-penetrating feet, an expression ...

objects build up from other objects
I've stood up to the challenge to show how ciforth's mini-OO (with current object) can be used to build larger objects. REGRESS is a new invention, it is like the { <- } of Hopkins test suite. In my system it aborts if the test fails, but you can see it as a stack diagram by example. Once you have a class Point (a defining word) you get also ^Point :contains the pointer to the current Point) BUILD-Point : lay down a data structure in memory, leave its address. There is no current object per se. Only current Point, current Rectangle etc. There are no fields. Offsets ...

Objects within objects... ??
I have a thought in my head, but I don't know how to implement it, or even if I am thinking about it in the right way.. what I want to do is store information in a header detail type way, but I would like to be able to use methods directly on my data. I guess the example I have pictured in my head is: dealership_obj = dealership.new and within that If I had data on vehicles it would be: dealership.honda.new(data) dealership.ford.new(data) etc. Am I thinking about this right? is there a better way but I just don't see it? any ideas or links to web pages would be greatly appreciat...

academic papers on objective-c?
Hi all, I am looking to find an academic paper that covers objective-c in reasonable detail, particularly pertaining to memory management topics. I can't seem to find much writing by Brad Cox (aside from his book), so I was curious if any of you knew of any academic treatments of the subject. Thanks, Bill -- Bill Stevenson Editor in Chief ACM Crossroads Magazine http://www.acm.org/crossroads http://www.billstevenson.org Applied Cognitive Science Laboratory Pennsylvania State University http://acs.ist.psu.edu Bill Stevenson <google.me.to.find@my.email&g...

Web resources about - ECOOP 2016 - Call for papers! - comp.object

Paper Soccer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is an orphan , as no other articles link to it . Please introduce links to this page from related articles ; suggestions may be ...

Paris climate limit will see some parts of world warm by 6 degrees: Nature paper
The Paris pact to limit global temperature increases to less than 2 degrees will still result in some parts of the planet warming by as much ...

Someone built an adorable, working V8 engine out of paper
Filed under: Etc. , Videos The pistons and crankshaft work, and when plugged into a "fuel" supply, it makes the most delightful and angry sound. ...

Paper clips shaped like dogs, cats, and wild animals
Wrote Xeni Jardin on BoingBoing : "I like to buy these adorable little critter-shaped paperclips. They work just the same as regular paperclips, ...

Swedish synthpunks PAPER released 'We Design The Future'
by Bill Pearis Stockholm synthpunks PAPER offered up their third dystopian vision, We Design The Future, last fall, which features their patented ...

UBS WEF extreme automation and connectivity white paper - Business Insider Deutschland
UBS published a mammoth white paper on how tech advances will transform the world but also open the globe up to severe risks.

Key Iowa paper reveals 2016 endorsements for Dems, GOP
Des Moines Register announces endorsements just a week out from first-in-the-nation caucuses

Paper: Those Most Concerned About Global Warming Use MORE Energy
Paper: Those Most Concerned About Global Warming Use MORE Energy

Nintendo Download: Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam
... 3 . Yep! That last one includes the extra levels via a file selection screen. 3DS is getting a heavy-hitter too! There's Mario & Luigi: Paper ...

Teco to ship wind turbines to Vietnam, says paper
Teco Electric & Machinery will begin shipping 25 wind turbines each with power-generating capacity of 2MW to Vietnam in second-quarter 2016, ...