I finally understand what everyone is talking about.

Well, I am almost sure. Does anyone have a JavaScript or C# framework for making this a little easier?
0
Stede
2/17/2016 3:37:23 PM
comp.object 3218 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

bad RAM
Okay, many thanks to everyone who alerted me to the ECC type of RAM, as it pertains to the Mac. (ECC = Error Checking and Correcting) ECC type of RAM costs 10% to 20% more than regular RAM. If ECC-RAM is used in a _regular_ Mac personal computer, it offers no benefit at all, and might not even work in the computer. The computer _has_ to be designed to support ECC RAM in order to gain any benefits from it. If ECC type of RAM is used in a high-end server computer which is designed to handle ECC, it can noticably increase the reliability of the server-computer, as far as flaky RAM is ...

Trying to understand how to objects within objects
Hi, I. Multiple layers of dereferencing: I took this example from Amy Hoy's javascript tutorial: var foo = { bar:"baz", zort:"narf", aNumber:5, anArray:['banana','plaintain','ugli fruit'], anotherObject: { king: "hobo" }, anotherObject2: { king: "hobo2" }, doStuff:function() { alert("I'm doing stuff!") } } When I do alert(foo.bar) --> "baz" comes up...

_id2ref in finalize or how get object.var from class.finalize
#!/usr/bin/ruby1.8 include ObjectSpace class MyClass attr_reader :var def initialize(var) @var = var puts "from initialize: #{@var}" define_finalizer(self, self.class.method(:finalize).to_proc) end def MyClass.finalize(object_id) o = _id2ref(object_id) puts "from finalize: #{o.var}" end end # class Storage o = MyClass.new("The Value!") exit 0 Hi, all. Why lines of a code after a call of function "_id2ref(object_id)" are never carried out? How it is possible to get access to variables or methods of a obje...

Deleting Area Object off Axes / Understanding Area Objects
Hello everybody, I am creating a GUI in Matlab that allows the user to interactively set limits to trim outliers for multiple data sets via two slider bars. The slider parts adjust the upper and lower outlier limits (lol and uol respectively) on the graph instantaneously by "refreshing" the graph through deleting and plotting non-data related objects. The non-data related objects are the vertical line limits (line objects) themselves, one light blue area object in the background (blue panel) to highlight the data within the limits and two red area objects on each side of the limit...

For each object in object
I'm trying to do this in VO: Have tried ForEachElement( oEvalObj ) CLASS AbstractCollection:VOCOM32.AbstractCollection:ForEachElement without any luck. My code vo is working but goBeregning:BeregnRefusjon(oRegning) are generating some new objects. I can't get these objects in vo. Any suggestions? "VB code For Each objKode In objRegning.Koder If Not objKode.Gyldig Then strStatus = "Ugyldig!" ElseIf objKode.Stjernekode Then strStatus = "Stjernekode" ElseIf objKode.Aggregert Then If...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~ TALK TALK ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
.. ~~~***~~~ ================================================== ================================================== ENTER HERE: >>> http://my-best-web.com/2/talk-talk <<< ================================================== ================================================== .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .....

_id2ref in finalize or how get object.var from class.finalize #2
Hi, all. #!/usr/bin/ruby1.8 include ObjectSpace class MyClass attr_reader :var def initialize(var) @var = var puts "from initialize: #{@var}" define_finalizer(self, self.class.method(:finalize).to_proc) end def MyClass.finalize(object_id) o = _id2ref(object_id) puts "from finalize: #{o.var}" end end # class Storage o = MyClass.new("The Value!") exit 0 Why lines of a code after a call of function "_id2ref(object_id)" are never carried out? How it is possible to get access to variables or methods of a obj...

final on objects
Hi, is it normal that the compiler doesn't complain when I execute a modifying method on a final object? Does final only mean that the object simply isn't being modified? I'm coming from the C++ camp, and there you have no chance to call non-const methods on const objects without getting a compile time error. Thanks, Matthias Matthias Kaeppler wrote: >is it normal that the compiler doesn't complain >when I execute a modifying method on a final object? >Does final only mean that the object simply isn't >being modified? What do you mean with a final o...

Object finalization
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C3BB56.92E63D90 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-2" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, I have a question about Python object finalization. I would like to be = notified when an Object is deallocated. The problem is I would like to = do it in C. The only way to register a finalizer I found out is to create a weak = reference object and give it a callback. But the callback must be a = Python function not C. That seems to be too difficult. Is there any (undocumented) way to do = PyObj...

[object Object] ?
I get this mysterious [object Object] now and then, and have thought that ok, I understand. But suddenly I do not understand. Why [], why small o, why capital O, what is where and why? Could somebody draw an image causing 'Aha!' ? Is there a deeper meaning in this, like 42? (as a disobeying citizen, I have not read the FAQ thoroughly enough, and have not learnt ECMA-whatever, and have not changed the settings in my computer/programs/ etc to appeal everyone, and have not learn to post, have not learnt to quote, and have not studied with google first everything in the internet to...

Capturing finalized objects
Hi all, as I've said before, I'm porting the Avi Bryant's GOODS (objects database engine) client. Right now we have a version that could be useful to make some tests. It is not in production yet because is too young ;) (pre-alpha?) It's available in: http://gatekeeper.dynalias.org:8888/GoodsST/4 At some point the client must to say to the server what objects aren't referenced anymore. In squeak this code: wkd := WeakIdentityKeyDictionary new. wkd at: OrderedCollection new put:123. dict := Dictionary new. wkd at: dict put:457. wkd at: TreeSet...

The Video Everyone Is Talking About
If you haven't watched the 11 minute video the RNC produced on Kerry and Iraq, watch it now. The concern expressed by many who have seen it is over how to get it effectively condensed to campaign ad length. I would love to see a Ross Perot style infomercial showing the video in its entirety in primetime on the networks. It is devastating. If that is not possible, I would love to see the ad at least include the portion showing Kerry's response to Leslie Stahl's question about his Iraq position from the 60 Minutes interview. http://www.demsextrememakeover.com/ In article <1ngidb...

Finally someone who understands
Anders is doing exciting work, be careful before you click, 7+Mb download. http://download.microsoft.com/download/5/8/1/58105f3b-089d-4840-a28f-3248720bcff7/anders_hejlsberg_2004_programming_data_in_csharp3.wmvYou gotta love these guys.:-) Ed, > Anders is doing exciting work, be careful before you click, 7+Mb download. > http://download.microsoft.com/download/5/8/1/58105f3b-089d-4840-a28f-3248720bcff7/anders_hejlsberg_2004_programming_data_in_csharp3.wmvYou gotta love these guys.:-) > From what I saw he's just excited about old concepts. If VO+Jasmine had a good...

understanding function object
Hello, In the SGI STL documentation: struct less_mag : public binary_function<double, double, bool> { bool operator()(double x, double y) { return fabs(x) < fabs(y); } }; vector<double> V; ... sort(V.begin(), V.end(), less_mag()); I am a little confused concerning 'less_mag()': does it construct some less_mag object? Then what should be the constructor and could it be written as 'less_mag'? If it is calling operator(), I don't think so :-) Thanks for your enlightment, Wenjie On 25 Jul 2003 17:33:17 -0700, gokkog@yahoo.com (Wenjie) ...

How to understand why object is not collected?
Hi all. Here's a problem. I have some object of MyClass with complex "freeing" logic, and I want to test this logic. I do: --------- span = .... #somehow created object ObjectSpace.define_finalizer(span, proc{p "gc ok"}) #define test finalizer span.detach #remove object from all of my internal caches, no references to object should exist span = nil #remove the last reference to object GC.start #<===HERE the object must be collected and finalized p "end of code" --------- I expect: --- "gc ok" "end of code...

moving to objects / IDL objects and object graphics
I'm trying to get a feel for object programming in IDL. I'm reading the last chapter of David Fanning's book on the subject. Here's what I'm wondering: I like the object graphics system in IDL. I also like the concept of writing my own objects. For example, I currently have a widget program containing a draw window. The draw window is set to object graphics mode. I define an IDLgrView object and in the view I place an IDLgrImage object. The data that I'm working with isn't an image, however, it's a movie. What if I were to create my own MBgrMovie object?...

class objects, method objects, function objects
Hi, I'm trying to figure out what this passage from GvR's tutorial means: ------- Class definitions, like function definitions (def statements) must be executed before they have any effect.... When a class definition is entered, a new namespace is created... When a class definition is left normally (via the end), a class object is created. If you still don't understand how methods work, a look at the implementation can perhaps clarify matters. When an instance attribute is referenced that isn't a data attribute, its class is searched. If the name denotes a valid class attri...

an (object, object) -> object mapping, please?
I wonder, what are the common ways of implementing an (object, object) -> object mapping in Scheme (of various flavours)? Say, I have a set of `shop' objects, a set of `item' ones, and then a mapping, like: (shop, item) -> stock. With an option to get an (item -> stock) mapping for any given `shop'. One of the solutions (in standard Scheme) would be to embed a mapping into either each `shop' or `item' (or both), and then, e. g.: (define (get-stock shop item) (assq item (shop-items shop))) or, conversely: (define (get-stock shop item) (assq shop (...

object into object question.
O.k. i tried to figure this one out on my own to no avail. Lets say i have an animation of a guy walking down the street how do i keep his feet from going through the street? Or lets say im doing an animation of a crane lifting up a box, how do i keep the cranes lift from going through the box object? How do you guys do it? Is the way to do it just to do really precise key frameing? is there a way to make it so one object can not go through another object? I hate saying this without giving an example as I'm lame at doing them, but... EXPRESSIONS! For non-penetrating feet, an expression ...

Problem with finalized protected object
Gnat 3.15p, both linux/win32. I have a program that, when ended, gives the following error: Execution terminated by unhandled exception Exception name: PROGRAM_ERROR Message: Protected Object is finalized Call stack traceback locations: 0x8ab417b 0x8ad5d4e 0x8ad5940 0x8ad5893 0x8aab4d8 The traceback gives: 0x8ab417b at ada/rts/a-except.adb:1320 0x8ad5d4e at ada/rts/s-assert.adb:46 0x8ad5940 at ada/rts/s-assert.adb:46 0x8ad5893 at ada/rts/s-assert.adb:46 0x8aab4d8 at ada/rts/s-tasdeb.adb:76 As you can see, nothing in my code. The situation is as follows. I have several tasks. The main bod...

using finalize() to persist objects
Hi, I have a webapp which uses an in-memory queue to hold requests for processing. I'm trying to come up with a way to persist the contents of the queue to disk when the webapp is gracefully shutdown. I know that the JVM can call the finalize() method on an object just before garbage collection, however, when I put some serialization code into the finalize() method of the queue, it never seems to get called. To me, using finalize() in this fashion seems quite clunky anyway. Would anybody be able to suggest a better way of doing this? I just need to ensure that the queue is persisted t...

cast object to object
So I have an object of class (user defined) Dave() and Dave2() This may seem totally assuming, but I have a string that I get. It will either be "Dave" or "Dave2". Is there a way to if string=="Dave" (Dave)string.theMethod() else (Dave2)string.theMethod() end I know, again, I am taking a lot for granted, but in Python I was able to do this sort of thing... And of course in Java... -- Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/. On 12/3/2010 9:27 AM, David E. wrote: > So I have an object of class (user defined) Dave() and Dave2() >...

object and object types
"Ulrich Eckhardt" <doomster@knuut.de> wrote in message news:8omqe9FiotU1@mid.uni-berlin.de... > Paul wrote: >> A class is an object type as the C++ standards clearly state: > > Yes, a class is a type, just like an enumeration. A type is not an object. > An object type is also not an object, but a type. Instantiating it will > yield an object. > > Simple thing, at least for those willing to understand. > Consider the following Cat frisky; frisky is an object yet frisky is also an object type. frsiky is region of storage yet fris...

Question about finalizers for extension objects
I'm trying to debug an FXRuby-related problem that only occurs when the Ruby interpreter is shutting down. During this process, the function rb_gc_call_finalizer_at_exit() loops over all of the data objects and, for each of those Ruby instances, calls the associated C/C++ object's freefunc (or plain old free() if no freefunc was defined). My question is: at the time that this is going on, should I assume that the Ruby instances themselves are basically garbage at this point (even if their freefunc() hasn't been called yet)? In other words if I'm in the freefunc for C++...

Web resources about - I finally understand what everyone is talking about. - comp.object

Resonate Social For Facebook Helps Advertisers Understand Users’ Motivations
Why do Facebook users make the decisions they make? Resonate wants to help advertisers find out, so the digital marketing outfit launched Resonate ...

Facebook PMD Gigya releases Consumer Insights to better understand user identities
... allows marketers to easily query Gigya’s Identity Storage database and tie identity information with key performance indicators to understand ...

Genius by Rap Genius — Search and understand the meaning of song lyrics, poetry, literature, and news ...
Get Genius by Rap Genius — Search and understand the meaning of song lyrics, poetry, literature, and news on the App Store. See screenshots and ...

All sizes - Understand Abundance & Breath - Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Kate Micucci & Tony Thaxton - "Puppets Understand" - YouTube
Subscribe for more Nerdist Presents: http://nerdi.st/subscribe Written and Performed by KATE MICUCCI & TONY THAXTON Watch Duo: http://youtu.be/Tj5RLliHNMQ ...

Scientists continue search to understand Mers
The Mers coronavirus continues to confound scientists. To better understand the disease and determine where it comes from, a new project set ...

Explainer Video of the Day: Author John Green Helps You Understand Boko Haram
... in the news, but the situation in Nigeria with the Islamist terrorist group Boko Haram often gets overlooked and can be difficult to understand. ...

The Aussie rules love affair and one who can't understand it
Football (the AFL variety) and I have always had a tumultuous relationship. I've never really understood its allure, but it's always been there, ...

14 Accounting Terms Everyone In Small Business Needs To Understand
Like any profession, accounting has what seems to be impenetrable jargon to outsiders. But, also like most professions, the jargon is just shorthand ...

Tony Abbott doesn't understand the China challenge
The Australian government's new attitude towards China's foreign policy underestimates that country's determination to change the geopolitical ...