8080 Microchess

I have typed in 8080 Microchess from these manuals:

http://www.autometer.de/unix4fun/z80pack/ftp/manuals/Software/

The terminal I/O is for Cromemco TU-ART, I have added conditional
assembly for MITS 2SIO and IMSAI SIO2. Source files are available
here:

http://www.autometer.de/unix4fun/z80pack/ftp/cromemco/
0
Udo
10/16/2016 2:46:23 PM
comp.os.cpm 3422 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Emmanuel Roche mailed a disassembled CP/M source for 8080 Microchess.
The source is ORG'ed at 0100H, but won't use BDOS calls for terminal I/O.
Also does direct I/O for Cromemco TU-ART.

The display is a bit different and partially buggy, needs a bit of work, but
can be made fully functional from the hex dumps.

Emmanuel is busy and right now I don't have time for this either,
so uploaded as is to the z80pack repository.

Use CP/M on the Cromemco Z-1, copy the source to a disk image
and assemble with ASM and then LOAD.

And if you fix it keep us posted,
thanks.
0
Udo
10/16/2016 8:51:21 PM
Improved the 8080 Microchess program some more:

Added the documented display patches as conditional assembly.
I don't need a board display for my move, but I want the display
after Microchess moved, this is set as default now.

Added patches to build a version running under CP/M using BIOS
calls for terminal I/O, so that it is not system dependent.
DRI's crufty LOAD won't load the hex file, you need to use MLOAD
for this, it is included on the z80pack tools HD image.

I removed Emmanuel's source, is not working and incomplete,
contact him self if you want this.
0
Udo
10/17/2016 9:55:42 PM
Forgot to mention, will not run on MP/M, Fuzix ,... systems using one of the RST's
for tick interrupt, because the program gets moved down to 0.

Could work under Cromix, that uses Z80 vectored interrupts not setup in page zero.
0
Udo
10/17/2016 10:39:32 PM
There is another documented patch, which displays the small chessboard with
coordinates. Makes entering moves somewhat easier. I have added the patch as
conditional assembly to the 8080 Microchess source file and uploaded standalone
versions as well as the CP/M version to the z80pack repository.
0
Udo
11/1/2016 7:55:23 PM
I have added my 8080 Dazzler output routines to the Microchess source file,
so that it can be conditionally assembled with and without Dazzler graphics.
Uploaded source files to the z80pack repository.

The patch for the small display with coordinates can't be activated together
with the Dazzler patch, both occupy the same memory locations. The small
display patch needs to be made relocatable too, so that there are no conflicts,
if any patch combinations are activated.
0
Udo