A new S-100 Serial IO Board with voice synthesizer and USB port

For people interested in building/repairing S-100 systems Andrew at
N8VEM and I at S100Computers.com have just completed a prototype of a
new S-100 Serial IO Board utilizing a Zilog Z85C30 UART. The board
also has a V-Stamp voice synthesizer and DLP USB port controller and
two parallel ports (8255).

If you would like to read about this board please look here:-

http://s100computers.com/My%20System%20Pages/Serial%20IO%20Board/Serial%20IO%20Board.htm

There is a growing list of people getting interested in these S-100
systems.  We get these bare boards produced in batches (typically
$20-40, depending on demand).  So if you would like to be kept in the
loop as this board evolves  you need to contact Andrew or me.
0
monahan (173)
8/4/2010 8:16:23 PM
comp.os.cpm 3422 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

"monahanz" <monahan@vitasoft.org> wrote in message
> For people interested in building/repairing S-100 systems Andrew at
> N8VEM and I at S100Computers.com have just completed a prototype of a
> new S-100 Serial IO Board utilizing a Zilog Z85C30 UART. The board
> also has a V-Stamp voice synthesizer and DLP USB port controller and
> two parallel ports (8255).

Hi Thanks for the details of the new IO board. It looks great - almost a
computer system on a card.
I was particularly interested in the V-Stamp voice synthesizer, as I have
been using the familiar CTS256A code-to-speech processor and SPO256A with
the Interak computer for many years. Although it works well the speech
output is showing it's age now. I tried your "32,000 baud" test and the
output is 'Three, Two, Zero, Zero, Zero, Bod", it cannot manage "Baud". The
notes (which accompanied the chips at the time) say that the pronunciation
is 85% correct.
Anyway - I think it's time for a new voice so I have ordered a V-Stamp,
thanks for bringing attention to this new synthesizer. I hope it works well
with the N8VEM.

Alan

0
ap007h5122 (13)