Bridgeport EZCAMII

Hi All,
A little while ago i purchased a Bridgeport EZCAM II with color screen and twin twin 8" drives.
It is actually a rebadged NEC APC and fortunately there are plenty of disk images on the net.
So, the APC is now back in service with CP/M86 and DOS 2.11. and working well !
The CP/M-86 images include Kermit, so i have a way of transferring files from PC(Later i purchased 22disk which made transferring files alot easier).
The DOS 2.11 images available did not have a communication program however, so transferring files from PC is not an option.
Internet searches found that there was a program called SYSTRAN that made it possible to read and write to dos formatted disk under CP/M86. However, i have not been able to find a copy. Xeno-copy was another program but not sure if it ran under CP/M86 ?
I am happily able to play Zork under CP/M-86 on the APC but would be nice to explore DOS 2.11 also.
Any ideas would be welcome!
Thanks,
Nik

0
Brizza
9/26/2016 9:36:04 AM
comp.os.cpm 3422 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On Monday, September 26, 2016 at 7:36:05 PM UTC+10, Brizza wrote:
> Hi All,
> A little while ago i purchased a Bridgeport EZCAM II with color screen and twin twin 8" drives.
> It is actually a rebadged NEC APC and fortunately there are plenty of disk images on the net.
> So, the APC is now back in service with CP/M86 and DOS 2.11. and working well !
> The CP/M-86 images include Kermit, so i have a way of transferring files from PC(Later i purchased 22disk which made transferring files alot easier).
> The DOS 2.11 images available did not have a communication program however, so transferring files from PC is not an option.
> Internet searches found that there was a program called SYSTRAN that made it possible to read and write to dos formatted disk under CP/M86. However, i have not been able to find a copy. Xeno-copy was another program but not sure if it ran under CP/M86 ?
> I am happily able to play Zork under CP/M-86 on the APC but would be nice to explore DOS 2.11 also.
> Any ideas would be welcome!
> Thanks,
> Nik

Well, just discovered a utility on the the dos 2.11 system disk called RDCPM. Should be all i need to transfer a file from a cp/m86 disk once i've transferred it from pc.
Nik
0
Brizza
9/26/2016 12:10:41 PM
Nik,
If you use Windows (binaries) or Linux, you can use cpmtools to access the hardware or images of floppy's with the NEC APC Definition:

# NECC  NEC APC CP/M-86 - DSHD 8" - 256 x 26
diskdef necc
  seclen 256
  tracks 154
  sectrk 26
  blocksize 2048
  maxdir 256
  skew 3
  boottrk 2
  os 2.2
end

This will allow you to read/write from CP/M 86.

Larry
0
Larry
9/26/2016 12:33:13 PM
In article <703c7bff-0115-49ec-94fd-c3adf4d05fa6@googlegroups.com>,
Brizza  <nbrisevac@optusnet.com.au> wrote:
>Hi All,
>A little while ago i purchased a Bridgeport EZCAM II with color screen
>and twin twin 8" drives.
>It is actually a rebadged NEC APC and fortunately there are plenty of
>disk images on the net.
>So, the APC is now back in service with CP/M86 and DOS 2.11. and working well !
>The CP/M-86 images include Kermit, so i have a way of transferring files
>from PC(Later i purchased 22disk which made transferring files alot
>easier).
>The DOS 2.11 images available did not have a communication program
>however, so transferring files from PC is not an option.
>Internet searches found that there was a program called SYSTRAN that
>made it possible to read and write to dos formatted disk under CP/M86.
>However, i have not been able to find a copy. Xeno-copy was another
>program but not sure if it ran under CP/M86 ?
>I am happily able to play Zork under CP/M-86 on the APC but would be
>nice to explore DOS 2.11 also.
>Any ideas would be welcome!
>Thanks,
>Nik

Does it have basic... There's a small basic version of kermit you can
type in that will let you download a full kermit...

ftp://ftp.columbia.edu/kermit/boo/kermit.bas

You could possbly just set a serial port speed and do a copy from
comx: to a file and just check the basic code for typos or corrupted
data.  Run that and you can download the full MS-Kermit.  With that
you should be able to get other comm programs you like.

Bill
Digital had it then.  Don't you wish you could buy it now!
pechter-at-gmail.com  http://xkcd.com/705/
0
pechter
9/26/2016 1:03:31 PM
On Monday, September 26, 2016 at 7:36:05 PM UTC+10, Brizza wrote:
> Hi All,
> A little while ago i purchased a Bridgeport EZCAM II with color screen and twin twin 8" drives.
> It is actually a rebadged NEC APC and fortunately there are plenty of disk images on the net.
> So, the APC is now back in service with CP/M86 and DOS 2.11. and working well !
> The CP/M-86 images include Kermit, so i have a way of transferring files from PC(Later i purchased 22disk which made transferring files alot easier).
> The DOS 2.11 images available did not have a communication program however, so transferring files from PC is not an option.
> Internet searches found that there was a program called SYSTRAN that made it possible to read and write to dos formatted disk under CP/M86. However, i have not been able to find a copy. Xeno-copy was another program but not sure if it ran under CP/M86 ?
> I am happily able to play Zork under CP/M-86 on the APC but would be nice to explore DOS 2.11 also.
> Any ideas would be welcome!
> Thanks,
> Nik

Hi Larry,
Thanks for the definition. It will come in handy. I need to explore CPMTOOLS in detail . Sounds like a pretty handy tool. I did manage to copy files from a CP/M86 disk with RDCPM that comes with DOS 2.11.

Hi Bill,
Unfortunately no ms-basic on any of the disks. I did try Kermit Lite last night once i'd discovered RDCPM but  it crashed when loading. I guess i need to find another program that will run under version of MS-DOS.

For now i'll just transfer files to CP/M from PC and send them accross to a DOS disk with RDCPM. It works quite well and supports wildcards also so multiple files should'nt be an problem.

Thankyou for your help !

Nik
0
Brizza