CalComp 140 SS/SD floppy drives needed - HELP

Has anyone such drives, working or not?

Need them to get my IMSAI FDC-2 box repaired.

Thanks in Advance!
comp.os.cpm 3422 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Seems to be an impossible task?

No Floppy Drive. Need Emulator
I haven't seen a computer sold with a floppy drive for many years now However, I have a program that requires me to install it from th floppy drive. I can read it from another computer with a floppy driv and get the image, but I'm looking for a program that will emulate floppy drive or floppy disk. Does anyone know of any OGIGA <no@spam.invalid> wrote > I haven't seen a computer sold with a floppy drive for many years now. You need new glasses then. > However, I have a program that requires me to install it from the floppy > drive. Which progra...

Do I need an OS on a secondary hard drive?
A friend of mine recently switched to the Mac camp and let me strip his PC for parts. I took the memory and the hard drive and installed them into my computer (they are both from Dell). Everything works fine and I can access the new F drive no problem. I'd like to wipe his hard drive clean (there's lots of his programs/files/etc. on it) and use it as storage for media (music/pics/etc.) My questions are these. Do I simply format the drive to clean it, and then, do I need to install an OS (I have the discs for Win 98SE and XP) in order to use this drive? It seems like a wa...

MAC SE Floppy Drive 1.4 meg Floppy Drive (old)
I acquired a MAC SE with a 1.4 meg floppy drive. Previously I only had a Plus with an 800K floppy drive. When I tried to format one of my old disks, it still only had 800K. Did the 1.4 meg floppy drives use special disks? Or am I doing something wrong? Thank you, Bill Bill Bagot <wbagot1@san.rr.com> wrote: > I acquired a MAC SE with a 1.4 meg floppy drive. Previously I only > had a Plus with an 800K floppy drive. When I tried to format one of > my old disks, it still only had 800K. Did the 1.4 meg floppy drives > use special disks? Or am I doing something wrong? ...

OS/2 and floppy disk drives
What does OS/2, specifically Warp 4.52, have to do with floppy disk drives? For some years now, I've had an intermittent problem with booting on one of my OS/2 systems. The system starts with a SCSI bus scan, during which the access indicators on each of the SCSI devices will blink, followed by the access indicator on the floppy disk drive coming on. Sometimes the boot process hangs at that point. Yes, I realize that OS/2 isn't involved at this point. Read on. Usually the cure is to try again, and the boot process will get past that sticking point, immediately going thr...

need IDE 5.25 floppy drive
I am looking for a 5.25" floppy drive that will work as an IDE component. Does such a thing exist? I really don't want to mess with installing a separate floppy controller card if I can avoid it. I've tried to do some searches to find a 5.25 IDE floppy model, with no success. I wonder if any of the dual drive models are IDE? Would appreciate some feedback. Thanks Jim jbasi@cfw.com > Would appreciate some feedback. So, you already have 2 Floppy drives in your PC? Bis denn... Steffen -- Life is a bitch - I am an Idiot :-/ FZS600@17Mm (1...

Floppy disks and floppy drives.
Sorting through some old boxes of stuff that has been screaming out to be sorted. I find a couple dozen floppy drives and literally hundreds of floppy disks (which I'm currently processing). Was curious to know if they still had a place in this day 'n' age of micro storage cards and dvd+rws. Would love to know if I could do anything with them apart from stripping the drives for their motors. TR Trail Rat wrote: > >Sorting through some old boxes of stuff that has been screaming out to >be sorted. I find a couple dozen floppy drives and literally hund...

Gotek USB/SD Floppy Drive Replacement
I've just found the Gotek Floppy Drive Convertors (on ebay and here http://www.gotek.net.cn/ ) You simply connect the device to a 34 pin floppy cable and it can use either SD cards or a USB flash drive as a floppy disk! The device supports IBM PC floppy formats 720K, 1.2M and 1.44M however I'm trying to find out if it can be jumpered to work as a 180K (SSDD) or a 360K (DSDD also PC format) floppy drive for the Model 4. Has anyone tried this device? (You can also have up to 99 virtual floppies on 1 card and switch between them with the 2 buttons on the front of the unit...

Do newer Macs need a floppy disk drive?
I had a problem the other day ago with my OS 9.1 Mac where I had turned on a RAM disk and then rebooted to a horror of not being able to access my Mac and nothing being able to boot into the finder except, but only except a disk tools floppy disk I had created with my OS 8.1 or 8.5 CD. let me repeat. No zip or cd was able to access the finder. Using the floppy I was able to browse and I attempted to solve the problem. I do not understand why only the floppy was able to access the Mac, and not a CD. Does anyone? I wonder how a newWorld Mac user (pre OS X) would solve this problem ...

Need Jumpersettings for Panasonic/Matsushita Floppy Drive
Hello, I need a manual/Datasheet for old Panasonic floppy disc drives model JU-256= A216P or JU-257A726P. The special on these drives is that the are used also in industrial machine= s (CNC, eroding machines). I know the function of the jumpers DS (Drivesel= ect) RDY/DC and MO/MS. But what is the function from Jumper (SW5) labeld w= ith PC/AT/P2/SE ? Particular I am interested in the setting SE, because thi= s setting is used into the machines. ba223224@hotmail.com wrote: > Hello, > I need a manual/Datasheet for old Panasonic floppy disc drives model JU-256A216P or JU-257A7...

Need a EE 2.88 floppy drive
If any of you have a electric eject 2.88 floppy that is fresh and working well, please let me know if you would consider some sort of trade for it. casolai at hotmail.com ...

Two drives: OS on Drive 1, Progs on Drive 2, My Docs on which?
Hi I'm considering my partition options to give the best performance. I already have a single Western Digital Raptor WD1500 ADFD. I have my OS (XP Pro), applications and documents in separate partitions so obviously the drive head is having to spend a lot of time moving between them. I wondered what improvement might be gained if I bought a second WD1500 and changed where I store things. So would it be better to have the OS and apps in separate partitions on Drive 1 and My Docs on Drive 2? Or OS on 1, apps on 2, My Docs on which? Is there another arrangement you woul...

MSD SD-1 drive not reading/writing to floppies
I have a MSD SD-1 drive. It powers up fine and responds to commands (either from my PET via the IEEE bus or my Vic-20 via the serial cable) so I think the electronics is fine. However, the drive starts to spin but always returns a bad-disk error (error #21) when ever I try to format or read a disk in it, so I suspect there is a problem with the actual drive mechanism. (I've tested several disks that work fine on the 1541). What can I check here? The MSD drive mechanism looks like a standard low density PC type 5.25 inch disk drive? I would like to substitute another PC 360k drive for it...

Installing OS on a Mitsubishi Amity CN with no floppy drive
Does anybody know how to reformat the hard disk and reinstall the OS and drivers on a Mitsubishi Amity CN with no floppy drive? I'd like to reformat the disk and install Windows 98 and Debian. I have a CD-ROM, a parallel port zip drive, and access to drives on my desktop via the network, but no floppy drive. Thanks, Linda "lmarkov" <lmarkov@umcs.maine.edu> wrote in message news:857b7a8e.0306260952.19f415cf@posting.google.com... > Does anybody know how to reformat the hard disk and > reinstall the OS and drivers on a Mitsubishi Amity CN > with no floppy dri...

Need floppy drive for NEC Versa V/50
Folks, Anyone have a trashed NEC Versa V/50 notebook? It's a 486DX 50 mhz cpu from the early 1990s. I need a working floppy drive from one, but could also take the whole machine if the price is reasonable. But only the floppy is really needed. Let me know and we can negotiate a fair price. Thanks. Bill wboas@nyx.net www.nyx.net/~wboas ...

PS/2 Model 30 286 Floppy drive needed
Hi. I just dug the 30 out of the closet again after ignoring it for a couple of years. 8530-E21 Floppy drive has the following tags on it: EC No. 827116 P/N 72X6068 FRU 64F0162 Maker: Alps. DFP723D11A Small blue disk eject button marked 1.44 If someone has a functional drive they'd like to get rid of, I'm interested. Current condition of computer: RTC/CMOS dead, FDD cant read a disk, HDD starts to boot but hangs with "bad or missing command interpreter" message. If I boot it with the HDD cable removed, it goes to BASIC. The exterior of the case looks p...

Web resources about - CalComp 140 SS/SD floppy drives needed - HELP - comp.os.cpm

Calcomp - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Calcomp Technology, Inc. , usually known as Calcomp , was a company best known for its Calcomp plotters , which it was founded to produce in ...

IBM 1620 data processing machine on display, Seattle World's Fair, 1962 - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
... of an elastic ball bounced on a hard surface is mathematically simulated by an IBM 1620 data processing system and visually traced by a CalComp ...

BoomerangBuyBack.com.au - Search For Products
Wondering where to sell mobile phones for cash? We buy new, used or broken electronics. Trade in and recycle your old mobile phone and get paid. ...

ACMS(WA) Inventory by Manufacturer
Inventory by Manufacturer Contact Us About Us Home ? ??? Unknown (20 items) 3 3Com 3M A A.E.I. (1 items) Acculogic (1 items) Acer / Multitech ...

Camera Memory,FREE SHIPPING, Camera Memory Cards, Camera Memory Cards, 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB And 64GB Camera ...
Camera Memory Cards. Spare camera memory for your digital camera. Get Free shipping on Digital Camera Memory Cards. Choose from 4GB, 8GB, 16GB, ...

Peripherals
Come to CNET Reviews for peripheral reviews, CNET editors' ratings, user reviews, and prices on peripherals. Find the peripheral that's right ...

Grandmasters of Flash: An Interview with the Creators of Flash
At this past Friday's Annie Awards, Jonathan Gay, Gary Grossman and Robert Tatsumi, were awarded with The Ub Iwerks Award. These three computer ...

Computer company listing and phone numbers
Complete listing of all computer companies past and present including contact information.

Pen and Paper
Registering some new compounds for testing, as I’ve been doing recently, has me thinking about how that was done when I started at my first company. ...

Technical Support
Technical Support phone, fax, and webite information by manufacturer