Floppy controller I/O mapping

Hi, one question.
The floppy controller must (or suggested to) be mapped to a specific I/O
address for cp/m compatibility?

thanks.
comp.os.cpm 3422 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Il 01/02/2011 0:09, Telespalla Bob ha scritto:
> Hi, one question.
> The floppy controller must (or suggested to) be mapped to a specific I/O
> address for cp/m compatibility?
>
> thanks.

in details, I would want to interface the uPD765 with Z80

thanks again.

In <4d474125$0$19267$4fafbaef@reader2.news.tin.it> Telespalla Bob <leditapaolo.75@dalnasoalice.it> writes:

> The floppy controller must (or suggested to) be mapped to a specific I/O
> address for cp/m compatibility?

   You'll have to write your own CBIOS routine for it anyway, so
you are free to chose any not yet used I/O address on your machine.

   Eddi ._._.
--
      e-mail: dk3uz AT arrl DOT net  |  AMPRNET: dk3uz@db0hht.ampr.org
      If replying to a Usenet article, please use above e-mail address.

Chris

On Jan 31, 4:33=A0pm, Telespalla Bob <leditapaolo...@dalnasoalice.it>
wrote:
> Il 01/02/2011 0:09, Telespalla Bob ha scritto:
>
> > Hi, one question.
> > The floppy controller must (or suggested to) be mapped to a specific I/=
> > address for cp/m compatibility?
>
> > thanks.
>
> in details, I would want to interface the uPD765 with Z80
>
> thanks again.

0
Chris