Help/Ideas needed for floppy drive repair (belt) ...

I need some help getting a new drive belt for my notebook floppy disk
drive (a Citizen W1D). I was a bit surprised to find a belt inside a
3.5" drive, but who knows...
For more details, please visit this (single) blog entry:
http://www.z80.eu/blog/index.php?entry=entry130907-120000
Thank you for any help in advance.

Regards
  Peter
0
Peter
9/7/2013 11:28:11 AM
comp.os.cpm 3422 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Peter,
In the USA, MCM Electronics has always carried replacement belts, of several
sizes and shapes (Round, Square, Flat).  Most are for Audio/Video devices,
but perhaps you can find one that is close to the original.

http://electronics.mcmelectronics.com/search?cataf=&view=list&w=flat+belt&x=0&y=0

I searched for "Flat Belt" but other terms can be "Turntable Belt | Drive Belts | Flat Belt 16 | 42-650 | Frx23.6 | Belt | 42-610 | Scx3.5"

7 Pages of Flat belts are your choices to wade through.  Perhaps you will be lucky, but I doubt it.

http://www.pchub.com/uph/laptop/35-8882-535/Citizen-W1D-Bare-Floppy-Drive.html

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CITIZEN-W1D-LR102061-3-5-FLOPPY-DISK-DRIVE-NEW-/110923691630

NOTE: Some old Compaq laptops used a similar floppy drive.

Larry
0
ldkraemer
9/8/2013 11:40:14 AM
Peter,
You might contact Ken at:
http://www.kenselectronics.com/index.html
http://www.kenselectronics.com/lists/belts.htm

and see if he has a suitable replacement.

Larry
0
ldkraemer
9/8/2013 12:15:10 PM
On 08.09.2013 14:15, ldkraemer@gmail.com wrote:
> Peter,
> You might contact Ken at:
> http://www.kenselectronics.com/index.html
> http://www.kenselectronics.com/lists/belts.htm
>
> and see if he has a suitable replacement.

I will check it, thx. Unfortunately (for this case) I live in Europe so
postal charges will be enormous if something is send from the U.S. ...
Also, the value in total for the notebook, even with a working diskette
drive, will be below a single replacement drive (e.g. from pchub),
regardless of the postal charges on top.
I guess I have to try out some tape desk replacement belts which are
also offered in Ebay Europe.

Regards
  Peter

0
Peter
9/8/2013 2:51:47 PM
Peter,
I also found this information:
http://www.retrotechnology.com/herbs_stuff/drivebelts.html

http://www.kenselectronics.com/lists/belts.htm#Flat
http://www.kenselectronics.com/index.html

Looks as if the best way to go is to locate a used drive somewhere.

Larry
0
ldkraemer

need help, my file folders from external drive and usb drive became exe fileneed help, my file folders from external drive and usb drive became exe file
need help, my file folders from external drive and usb drive became exe file. my avg anti virus can detect it as trojan horse dropper agent.mqp. i dont want to remove the exe file yet because im afraid my files will be removed as well. can anyone give me another way to recover the files? -- wewet ------------------------------------------------------------------------ wewet's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/100316.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/virus-spyware/1184791.htm http://forums.techarena.in ...

+3 drive repair help needed...
I went to a car boot sale and picked up a Speccy +3 this morning, which I was quite pleased about. I got it home and plugged it in, and found that it appeared to work fine - however, looks like the drive is knackered. It made no noise when I turned the machine on. The drive light on the front was dimly illuminated, but nothing happened when I tried to boot up a disk - silence from the drive, and the tape message came up when using Loader. Any ideas on what the problem could be, and if it is easy to fix? If not, can I get replacement 3 inch drives anywhere at reasonable cost? Lee In artic...

Re: Help! URGENT! 1571 Drive Needs Repair!
This is to notify all those I previously E-Mailed that Bo Zimmerman has undertaken to swap my inoperative 1571 for a working one. No further response on your parts is required. Thank you for your attention in this matter! -- >>>>> "Glenn P.," <C128UserDELETE-THIS@FVI.Net> <<<<< ----------------------------------------- "Memoria tenete hanc esse Fabulam et omnino per Iocum et per Simulationem, itaque te esse non credere verbum solum etsi verum est." [Infantes Aquarum] :: Take Note Of The Spam Block On My E-Ma...

CalComp 140 SS/SD floppy drives needed
Has anyone such drives, working or not? Need them to get my IMSAI FDC-2 box repaired. Thanks in Advance! Seems to be an impossible task? ...

Help: instal any OS with only working 3.5 floppy drive...
have a p3 1 ghz toshiba (4 yrs old) on which the cd drive 'died' as I was reinstalling XP from recovery cd's. the floppy drive works, the hard drive is formatted. seems my only options are to install any OS (ideally 98SE) using the 3.5" drive or use the laptop as an expensive night light..... any ideas? is there a bootable version of linux that will work off a floppy? thanks. "Zax" <cacofonix@junkthisbit.mail.com> wrote: >have a p3 1 ghz toshiba (4 yrs old) on which the cd drive 'died' as I was >reinstalling XP from recovery cd's. the ...

Ideas needed & help needed!
Ok im attempting to make a ruby fan/help/disscussion website. I need ideas for the domain name, the current two domains I like are, rFusion.com and Ruby-Fusion.com which one is better. More domain ideas are welcome. I also need people to help me with this project and if you would like to help email me at gwazy@zigg.us , Thanks! -will -- Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/. On 7/19/06, Ryan Macy <gwazy@zigg.us> wrote: > Ok im attempting to make a ruby fan/help/disscussion website. > > I need ideas for the domain name, the current two domains I like are, > rFusion.c...

Need help with help need
Friends and wormbots: I am looking for some intrepid souls to try out and comment on a perl script I wrote. (What, perl in SAS-L and it's not David Cassell ?) The script takes the SAS help files apart and does some analysis (orphans, linkrot and duplicates) and inserts back links. What do back links do ? It ensures every page in the help system has a link to every page that links to it. (Actually only the the subset of the help system represented by the modules you choose to play with [there are over 140 help modules]) 1,000 lines of perl that sprouted out of a two line seed (or should...

Help needed connecting PC floppy drive to Micro P QLFDC v5.1 (QL)
Can anyone give me any help on connecting a standard floppy drive to the Micro Peripherals QLFDC v5.1 - I assume that any standard floppy drive should work with these type of QL interfaces. If not please let me know. I have an external enclosure, supplying power. I have a cable which I made up - it is a straight through ribbon cable. When I try to access the drive, it clicks as though it's moving the little metal sheild on the disk across, but the drive does not appear to spin, neither does the green light come on. After a pause, the QL says 'drive not ready'. I have tried with t...

Help, please...Need cable or pinouts for Amdek III Compact Floppy 3" drive
I recently picked up an Amdek III compact floppy drive. Unfortunately, it did not come with any software, documentation, or cables. Does anyone know where I can find any of the above? If you need to see what it looks like, I took some photos and posted it to my Picassa Web Albums Public photo gallery. The link is as follows: http://picasaweb.google.com/bigdog128 Thanks for any help, advice, etc. Jamie Steffens On Mar 23, 12:14 pm, "macdog" <bigdog...@gmail.com> wrote: > I recently picked up an Amdek III compact floppy drive. > Unfortunately, it did not come with an...

Urgent help needed. Datafile dropped from OS. Please help.
Hi all Somebody just dropped an Oracle datafile from OS commands in our development RAC. The tablespace isn't that important but i am afraid RAC may be down. Please suggest how can I get rid of this tablespace. I am on 10.2.0.4 RAC environment with two nodes, in noarchivelog mode. When I to drop the tablespace, it gives me this error: ORA-01116: error in opening database file 24 ORA-01110: data file 24: '/oracle/undo01/S0031001_X.dbf' ORA-27041: unable to open file Linux-x86_64 Error: 2: No such file or directory Please help. please help. gtcol dbagtcol wrote: > Hi all > ...

Need help! No classic OR OS 9, need old TCP info
Yikes! I encouraged my sister to buy Panther, and now that she's installed it, she discovered that she can't run Classic because her old system is 9.0.x. But wait...the plot thickens. For some reason, she can't boot in 9 anymore. When she tries, she gets the small "smiley face" toaster icon, and no progress beyond that (even after 5+ minutes). Tried zapping the PRAM, to no avail. Her dialup (yes, dialup) settings are trapped somewhere in OS 9, and she can't get to her old CPs via X, so she can't connect to download the upgrades to 9.2.2. What to do? Is ...

Help needed:Turning internal IDE drive into external USB drive
Hi guys, I need a little advice please. (Apologies in advance if I'm in the wrong place.) I was shopping for an external storage device on Ebay,and I accidentally bought an internal drive instead.(Dopey me realised my mistake 5 seconds after I bid,& alas no one out bid me.As I don't want an unpaid strike,I had to buy the damn thing.) I was going to sell it back on Ebay after it arrives,but a little reading revealed to me that you can turn an internal drive into a USB external drive with a 3.5" hard drive case enclosure. So I ask,can I convert the following: S...

Need help reading IDE drive data that is imaged from a SCSI drive
I have an IDE drive containing data imaged from a SCSI drive. The SCSI drive has debian on it and is not available for me. I connected the IDE drive onto my fedora core 3 box. Here's the result from "fdisk -l /dev/hdb", it sees the fs as FAT32. ====================================================================== Disk /dev/hdb: 27.3 GB, 27373731840 bytes 255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 3328 cylinders Units = cylinders of 16065 * 512 = 8225280 bytes Device Boot Start End Blocks Id System /dev/hdb1 2 3327 26716095 f W95 Ext'd (LBA) /dev/hdb5 2 3327 26716063+ b W95 FAT32 ====================================================================== When I did "fdisk -l /dev/hdb5", I can see the linux partitions: ====================================================================== Disk /dev/hdb5: 27.3 GB, 27357249024 bytes 64 heads, 32 sectors/track, 26089 cylinders Units = cylinders of 2048 * 512 = 1048576 bytes Device Boot Start End Blocks Id System /dev/hdb5p1 * 1 9 9200 41 PPC PReP Boot /dev/hdb5p2 10 131 124928 83 Linux /dev/hdb5p3 132 619 499712 82 Linux swap /dev/hdb5p4 620 8678 8252416 5 Extended /dev/hdb5p5 620 3003 2441200 83 Linux /dev/hdb5p6 3004 3491 499...

Help me guyz..Need help in Browser Comparison for Palm OS and smart phones
Hi Everyone, I am trying to extend my website to work on the Handheld devices and mobile phones. I need to design the display templates which can work on all devices. Here i need your help. Please suggest me some directions or help me getting my hands on such a document, which compares the features of various popular browsers for Palm, Pocket PC, Blackberry and smart phones. Thanks Yagish Sharma Sapient India. ...

Help needed
Hi all, I am running OS X Panther on an iMac G5. I also have an iBook G3/300, which is running OS 9 as OS X overtaxes the machine. I use Outlook Express on the iBook, so I also use it on the G5 (in Classic mode) so that I can transfer the database between the computers and keep them both up-to-date. I can't seem to get Outlook Express to be the default email client on the G5. I change Explorer's preferences such that OE will be the helper for "mailto" links. I then click on a "mailto" link, and OS X Mail opens up. Lo and behold, the Explorer preference has be...

Help needed : Mac OS X & OS 9.x and Windows-Server
Until now we are using different Mac's running OS 9.1 and 9.2 and save our files on a Windows 2000 Server via MacServerIP (AFP over IP). In the next time we like to upgrade to OS X. Our problem: Files saved on the Server from OS 9 via AFP will be recognized by OS X as "Document" without application information. I tried to connect the Server via SMB and otherwise via AFP. When I manually used AFP ("afp://<servername>") the volume becomes visible, but if I try to select on file the file will be go away. Next time I connect to the volume the file is visible again. U...

repair shop (in Hong Kong) recommendation needed for repairing hinges on Dell Inspiron
The hinges on my friend's Dell Inspiron have been damaged and needs repair. However, he is in Hong Kong right now. So, any leads to a good repair shop in Hong Kong would be much appreciated. There's a good repair shop behind the Chinese restaurant. "Adam" <adam@no_thanks.com> wrote in message news:XfrIb.3583$eh4.1026@newssvr27.news.prodigy.com... > > The hinges on my friend's Dell Inspiron have been damaged and > needs repair. However, he is in Hong Kong right now. So, > any leads to a good repair shop in Hong Kong would be much appreciated. >...

Help Help Help Help Help
please,help us . we have a seious problem, we are designing a radio controlled car that is guided by the PC, to send the data wireless between the PC and the Car and vice versa. we use 2 transmitter/reciever circuits from 2 seperate radio controlled car each running with a different frequency (27 MHz & 40 MHz)and modify the functionality of each to do the disered work. but on mounting a transmitter(40MHz) and reciever(27MHz) on the car, and attach another transmitter(27MHz) and reciever(40MHz) to the PC; we found that on sending signals from the car to the PC on the transmitter & rec...

Need Help re-attaching 3 hard drives in a Software Raid 5 on Mac OSX- Please help
My problem is that I had a accadental power outage 3 of my 7 drives went out. Now these drives are Segate SATA II drives less than one year old. I had them running via software Raid in Mac OSX stripped. How can I re-attach these 3 drives to the Raid 5 via the software? I have High-tech 1820 Raid Card: http://www.highpoint-tech.com/USA/rr1820amac.htm#top Please let me know what I have to do.... Thanks On 2006-10-21 17:30:35 -0500, wilcox.peter@gmail.com said: > My problem is that I had a accadental power outage 3 of my 7 drives > went out. Now these drives are Segate SATA II drives ...

Drive D 60 GB, Drive C 8 GB Need help, I'm running out of memory
Hello, I have a 3 1/2 year old Sony VAIO. The hard drive is partitioned to 8 GB of C and 70 GB on D. When I had the drive replaced over a year ago, the serviceman said he couldn't reallocate the partition. In any case, I keep running out of memory on Drive C. I keep moving as much as I can to Drive D but it has not seemed to help much. Can someone suggest a solution. My machine is old, runs W 98 but does all I ask of it except for the memory problem. I effectively have a machine with 60 GB of unused memory on Drive D. -- Posted via Mailgate.ORG Server - http://www.Mai...

Help needed for Sun Solaris 7/11/99 OS full harddisk image backup under Windows OS
Hello, We have been trying hard for taking full harddisk image backup that contains Solaris 7/11/99 OS and programs. What we need is an image backup program that runs under Windows OS and can recognize ufs filesystem. The Windows programs we have found recognizes the harddisk as unallocated and therefore cant backup. Programs we had tried : * Symantec Norton Ghost 2003 * Powerquest DriveImage * Acronis True Image , MigrateEasy * Knoppix OS (but it mounts hard-drives as read-only) Is there a utility in Windows that can do this job easily or do we have to do the backup using Solaris utilities...

Need help on HELP
When I start my VFP6 and type "help <...>? in the Command window I get all information about any FoxPro subject. However, when I type "help" for the second time, my call is ignored with no error message. I installed HELP from a MSDN CD. Cass on the 2nd call to help; did you close help down? or just minimize it or leave it in the background? On 2 Jun 2007 18:46:42 GMT, rlewart@shell.monmouth.com (Cass Lewart) wrote: >When I start my VFP6 and type "help <...>? in the Command window I get all >information about any FoxPro subject. However...

Need help with help
Running GIMP 2.6.7 on 32-bit Gentoo linux I know about RTFM, but clicking on "Help" is futile. Step 1) I get an error box that says... > help Messge > Could not open 'http://docs.gimp.org/2.6/en/gimp-help.xml' > for reading: Operation not supported > Perhaps you are missing GIO backends and need to install GVFS What is it talking about? Step 2) I open up that URL with Firefox 3.0.14 and I get a bunch of gibberish like,,, This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below. &...

Floppy problems--- help needed
Hello! This is *kind of* OT, but it does apply to an IBM machine, a _distant_ cousin of the PS/2....the PS/1! I have an IBM PS/1 2168-37C, a 486DX2-50 tower. It was sold in the fall '93. It has two floppy drives, an ALPS 1.44MB as A:, and a TEAC 1.2MB as B:. I recently ran this machine without any complications. However I turned it on the other day and suddenly at POST it's complaining that it cannot find drive A:. Very strange indeed. I finagled around with it, without any success. Up to this point, it was my belief that this machine took a proprietary type of floppy drive. However when working on it, I noticed that nothing looked any different than a modern standard 3.5" floppy disk...so I bit the bullet and installed a newer floppy. It worked! But a new problem surfaced...I noticed it after I reconnected the 5.25" drive. When the 5.25" is connected, drive A: will not read a disk, it thinks it's not ready. Curiously enough, if I put a disk in the 5.25" drive, it will then read the 3.5" disk! It's like both drives think they're A:, at least partially. However A: will show contents of the 3.5" disk, B: shows the contents of the 5.25" disk. It seems like there isn't a twist in the floppy cable, but there is. I've tried different cables, with the same result. The original cable on the PS/1 looks just like a normal modern cable (same twist, etc). Upon ...

Web resources about - Help/Ideas needed for floppy drive repair (belt) ... - comp.os.cpm

Puerto Rico‬’s Republican Primary Election – Are Delegates Backing Marco Rubio?
Puerto Rico residents are heading to the polling stations Sunday to vote in the U.S. Republican primary, in San Juan, Puerto Rico. While Puerto ...

A Child's Treasury Of Photos Of Nate Diaz Beating Conor McGregor's Ass
Conor McGregor is a blowhard troll who’s been terrorizing the top ranks of pro fighters lately, while Nate Diaz is a lovable dirtbag who’s lost ...

Nancy Reagan has died at 94
Mrs Reagan was an influential First Lady during her husband's presidency from 1981 to 1989. Notably she launched the 'Just Say No' to campaign ...

Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning to retire
USA TODAY Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning to retire NFL.com Weeks after capturing his second Super Bowl title, the storied career of the ...

At least 60 killed in Iraq suicide bombing
ISIL claims responsibility for attack on security checkpoint at Hilla, south of Baghdad, in continuing wave of violence.

'Girls' Star Lena Dunham Hospitalized, The Latest On Her Health
Starpulse.com 'Girls' Star Lena Dunham Hospitalized, The Latest On Her Health Starpulse.com "Girls" star Lena Dunham has been hospitalized. ...

Scientists discover 'ghostlike' octopus that appears to belong to a previously unknown species
National Geographic Scientists discover 'ghostlike' octopus that appears to belong to a previously unknown species Economic Times WASHINGTON: ...

Chinese woman found dead after month trapped in elevator - GlobalPost
Maintenance workers shut off the power supply to the elevator after failing to properly check if anyone was inside, state media reported Sunday. ...

Dog pops up in driver's seat in US
One dog apparently has learnt a new trick: how to drive a semi-truck.

Davis Cup tennis: Social media storm brews as Nick Kyrgios backhands Bernard Tomic over 'faking' claims ...
Rift between Australia's tennis superbrats amplified by series of Twitter posts from player accused of faking his illness to avoid Davis Cup ...