MS Multiplan files

I have a bunch of old MS Multiplan spreadsheet files (*.MP) that I need to have converted to either XLS or SYLK format. Is there anyone out there who can do this for me? Thanks! -Wayne
0
wsugai1
10/14/2016 3:44:45 PM
comp.os.cpm 3422 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Wayne,
What type System were these created on?  DOS, TRS-80, or???

Can you upload one, so we can test with it?

Larry
0
Larry
10/14/2016 10:06:10 PM
Wayne,
I can use the IBMPC DOS Version of Multiplan, or the CP/M Version 1.05 of
Multiplan to convert the *.MP files, to .SLK files, to .XLS files for
Office 97 Format (a standard .XLS file).

I just need the files.

Larry

0
Larry
10/15/2016 4:43:47 PM
You might be able to do it yourself with the info toward the end of this blog article. Need first to be able to run the files in an emulator. Going from .mp to .xls is probably easier than the other way around, as the article describes.
0
V1050
10/22/2016 4:18:26 AM
Oh, here is the link:

http://eightbitworld1984.blogspot.com/2012/11/microsofts-first-spreadsheet-multiplan.html?m=1
0
V1050
10/22/2016 4:19:23 AM
I used RunCPM to execute the CP/M Version 1.05 of Multiplan to
convert the *.MP files, to .SLK files.  Wayne then imported the
..SLK files into Excel.  All but two corrupt files were converted.

Does anyone have the CP/M Multiplan Ver 1.05 .MP file Format Structure?

Thanks.

Larry
0
Larry