What are files Z80.SYS, Z80CCP.SYS and PRMTVPVT.SYS for?

Had a good Christmas this weekend?

I came across diskettes with "Mailmerge 3.0 and Calcstar version 1.45 for CP/M
8080", that seem to be for a Dec Rainbow machine.

Besides a Mailmerge overlay and the Calcstar files, some CP/M and some CP/M-86
files, there are three files on the diskettes that I never have heard of before:
Z80.SYS, Z80CCP.SYS and PRMTVPVT.SYS.

There are no ASCII texts in PRMTVPVT.SYS.

The only ASCII text in Z80.SYS (at the end of the file) is "EI  SPHLDI
XCHGPCHLXTHLRET HLT CMC STC CMA DAA RAR RAL RRC RLC NOP CPI ORI XRI ANI SBI IN
SUI OUT ACI ADI CALLJMP LDA STA LHLDSHLDMOV ADD ADC SUB SBB AN" which to me
looks like a bunch of 8080 opcodes.

The ASCII texts in Z80CCP are "CANNOT LOAD .COM FILE$" and "The file
PRMTVPVT.SYS Not Found on Boot Disk$ The File Z80.SYS Not Found on Boot Disk$"
so apparently the three files are related somehow. I don't think it is a true
CP/M CCP, as the names of the standard CP/M commands like DIR, ERA, REN etc. are
not there in readable text.

Maybe someone can cure my curiosity about these files? There was no Z80 in the
DEC Rainbow - or am I wrong?

Google gave me a link to
http://oldcomputers.dyndns.org/public/pub/rechner/dec/rainbow/diag/prmtvpvt.sys
but I couldn't get any responses from that site.

PS. I found a completely different file called "Z80CCP.SYS" but that one is a
replacement CCP using Z80 code.

Regards,
Freek.
email: f.heite ATT hccnet DOTT nl
0
me4 (19624)
12/26/2004 10:48:11 PM
comp.os.cpm 3422 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On Sun, 26 Dec 2004 22:48:11 GMT, in
<41cf3e78.3620345@News.individual.de>, me@privacy.net (Freek
Heite) wrote:

>Maybe someone can cure my curiosity about these files? There was no Z80 in the
>DEC Rainbow - or am I wrong?

There definitely was a Z80 in the DEC Rainbow.

0
me7 (87)
12/27/2004 2:53:21 PM
me@privacy.net (Freek Heite) wrote:

>  There was no Z80 in the DEC Rainbow - or am I wrong?

There was a Z80 next to the Intel cpu in the DEC Rainbow! A machine that gives
you the choice of operating system therefore: CP/M (-86), MS-DOS, UCSD Pascal.
Even Windows 2.1 and (not official supported) Windows 3.0!

Hans: http://www.hansotten.com
0
nomail783 (20)
12/27/2004 3:24:03 PM
HansO <nomail@mail.invalid> wrote:

>> There was a Z80 next to the Intel cpu in the DEC Rainbow!

Jim, Hans,

Thanks for correcting me! I knew that the Rainbow could run both 8 and 16 bit
CP/M, but somehow I assumed that its 8 bit processor was a 8080.

Regards,
Freek.

email: f.heite ATT hccnet DOTT nl
0
me4 (19624)
12/27/2004 10:13:57 PM
Hello, Freek!

> I came across diskettes (...)  that seem to be for a Dec Rainbow machine.

May I remind you that the "expert" on the DEC Rainbow-100 is
Jeff Armstrong, who used to post messages in this Newsgroup?

The URL of his Web site is

http://www.classiccmp.org/rainbow/

Yours Sincerely,
"French Luser"

0
Bill.Gates (574)

How to get file descriptors of sys.stdin, sys.stdout and sys.stderr?
How to get file descriptors of sys.stdin, sys.stdout and sys.stderr? On 11/13/2014 7:51 PM, satishmlmlml@gmail.com wrote: in 4 different threads > How to get file descriptors of sys.stdin, sys.stdout and sys.stderr? > fileno() in not supported. Is it only in 3.1? What is the workaround? > io.UnsupportedOperation: fileno > How to give a file descriptor number to this function? How to get a file descriptor number? Satish, you are acting like the variety of troll called a Help Vampire. One of the symptoms is hogging the newsgroup by starting multiple threads a da...

How to get file descriptors of sys.stdin, sys.stdout and sys.stderr? #2
How to get file descriptors of sys.stdin, sys.stdout and sys.stderr? On 11/13/14 7:54 PM, satishmlmlml@gmail.com wrote: > How to get file descriptors of sys.stdin, sys.stdout and sys.stderr? > You don't seem to be reading any of the responses you are getting. At the very least, you don't seem to be understanding them, or engaging with the authors. You are misbehaving on this list. Everyone else: I recommend that people stop responding. Satish seems unlikely to improve. -- Ned Batchelder, http://nedbatchelder.com ...

sys
Dear Friend, I have found some websites: for msn messenger, http://www.hotmailpk.com/ For entertainment,spotlight.articles,interviews,dailyupdate htttp://www.familyandtwist.com/ for sms messeges, smsjokes, http://www.smstwist.com/ for articles,entertainment,beauty tips,news,showbiz and fashion http://http://www.familypk.com Visit these websites: Thanks ...

sys
computer common oriented http://www.freewebs.com/buildem/ http://amigos.com/go/g904313-pmem ...

sys
Is it OT here to talk about IPC and pipes? Or are all aspects of kernle programming ok here? Bill Bill Cunningham <nospam@nspam.com> wrote: > Is it OT here to talk about IPC and pipes? Or are all aspects of kernle > programming ok here? If you want to discuss how IPC and pipes are implemented in the kernel it's completely ok. But if you're interested in how to use IPC or pipes from a userland program then posting to e.g. comp.unix.programmer or comp.os.linux.development.apps will probably make a lot more sense. R...

missing include files (sys/param.h, sys/socket.h, net/if.h, ...)
Hi I'm using VC++ 6.0 SP5 under windows 2k. I tried to compile the net-snmp (sourceforge.net) source. When I try to compile, I get the following errors (missings): Cannot open include file: 'sys/param.h' Cannot open include file: 'sys/socket.h' Cannot open include file: 'net/if.h' Can somebody help me? "Ronald Meier" <meier1@hta-bi.bfh.ch> wrote in message news:bn5atd$bg6$1@rex.ip-plus.net... > I'm using VC++ 6.0 SP5 under windows 2k. I tried to compile the net-snmp > (sourceforge.net) source. > When I try to com...

missing include files (sys/param.h, sys/socket.h, net/if.h, ...)
Hi I'm using VC++ 6.0 SP5 under windows 2k. I tried to compile the net-snmp (sourceforge.net) source. When I try to compile, I get the following errors (missings): Cannot open include file: 'sys/param.h' Cannot open include file: 'sys/socket.h' Cannot open include file: 'net/if.h' Can somebody help me? Thanks Ronald Meier wrote: > Hi > > I'm using VC++ 6.0 SP5 under windows 2k. I tried to compile the net-snmp > (sourceforge.net) source. > When I try to compile, I get the following errors (missings): > > Cannot open include file: ...

KeyboardInterrupt close failed in file object destructor: sys.excepthook is missing lost sys.stderr
Code ################################# #!/usr/bin/env python import sys, re def find_position(line): pun = "" if re.search(r"[.?!]+", line): pun = re.search(r"[.?!]+", line).group() pos = line.find(pun) pos = pos+len(pun)-1 return pos def sentence_splitter(filename): f = open(filename, "r") for line in f: line = line.strip() print line + "\n" while line: pos = find_position(line) line2 = line[ : pos+1].split("...

question about sys.exc_type and sys.exc_value
Here is an exercise from Learning Python that I wrote myself: import sys import traceback class MyError: pass def oops(): raise MyError() def safe(func, *args): try: apply(func, args) except: traceback.print_exc() print 'Got', sys.exc_type, sys.exc_value safe(oops) And here is the output: Traceback (most recent call last): File "C:/Python24/oops.py", line 11, in safe apply(func, args) File "C:/Python24/oops.py", line 7, in oops raise MyError() MyError: <__main__.MyError instance at 0x00B475A8> Go...

sys.stdout vs. sys.stderr
In Python 3.1 is there any difference in the buffering behavior of the initial sys.stdout and sys.stderr streams? They are both line_buffered and stdout doesn't seem to use a larger-grain buffering, so they seem to be identical with respect to buffering. Were they different at some earlier point in Python's evolution? > In Python 3.1 is there any difference in the buffering behavior of the > initial sys.stdout and sys.stderr streams? No. > Were they different at some earlier point in Python's evolution? That depends on the operating system. These us...

SYS$SPECIFIC and SYS$COMMON not enough?
Basically, the idea is that stuff specific to a given node will be in its SYS$SPECIFIC directory and stuff common to all nodes (satellites or not) booting from the same system disk will be in SYS$COMMON. A good idea as far as it goes, but does it go far enough? In particular, there are two additional categories, which I'll give the obvious names SYS$CLUSTER and SYS$WORLD. SYS$CLUSTER would include stuff common to all nodes in a cluster, i.e. would differ from SYS$COMMON if there is more than one system disk in the cluster. The obvious place for this stuff is somewhere which is not ...

SYSMAN: No SYS$SCRATCH/SYS$LOGIN ?
$ mc sysman SYSMAN> set env/node=velo %SYSMAN-I-ENV, current command environment: Individual nodes: VELO Username JFMEZEI will be used on nonlocal nodes SYSMAN> do show log sys$scratch %SYSMAN-I-OUTPUT, command execution on node VELO %SHOW-S-NOTRAN, no translation for logical name SYS$SCRATCH SYSMAN> There is also no SYS$LOGIN defined. (VAX 7,3 and Alpha 8.3) What is the reason behind the lack of those logicals ? JF Mezei wrote: > $ mc sysman > SYSMAN> set env/node=velo > %SYSMAN-I-ENV, current command environment: > Individual nodes:...

FYI Sys Shock and Sys Shock2
Up in a.b.games now "Legion" <Legion@Invalid.com> wrote in message news:juphu55oonf2bfc4r2h1gnr9nb41eab1aa@4ax.com... > Up in a.b.games now If I want to play them again, I'm more than capable of buying them again. Thanks. On Tue, 11 May 2010 15:37:18 +0100, "CJM" <cjmuk2008@gmail.removethis.com> wrote: >"Legion" <Legion@Invalid.com> wrote in message >news:juphu55oonf2bfc4r2h1gnr9nb41eab1aa@4ax.com... >> Up in a.b.games now > >If I want to play them again, I'm more than capable of buying them ag...

sys.stderr.write and sys.exit
Is the same use _sys.stderr.write('error message'); sys.exit(1)_ than _sys.exit('error message')_ ? Note: help(sys.exit) If the status is omitted or None, it defaults to zero (i.e., success). If the status is numeric, it will be used as the system exit status. If it is another kind of object, it will be printed and the system exit status will be one (i.e., failure). "GinTon" <jonas.esp@googlemail.com> writes: > Is the same use _sys.stderr.write('error message'); sys.exit(1)_ > than _sys.exit('error message')_ ? (Note: The underscore &...

Web resources about - What are files Z80.SYS, Z80CCP.SYS and PRMTVPVT.SYS for? - comp.os.cpm