ZSM / Z80ASMUK v3.1

Hi.

After 25 years, a new ZSM version has been developed.

ZSM (also known as Z80ASMUK) is an assembler for Z80 and CP/M that outputs to HEX files.

Just check my website and GitHub account if you are interested in this stuff.

http://www.floppysoftware.es
0
Floppy
12/1/2016 7:25:26 AM
comp.os.cpm 3422 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Floppy Software wrote:
> Hi.
>
> After 25 years, a new ZSM version has been developed.
>
> ZSM (also known as Z80ASMUK) is an assembler for Z80 and CP/M that outputs to HEX files.
>
> Just check my website and GitHub account if you are interested in this stuff.
>
> http://www.floppysoftware.es

Hi,

  sorry, but on your website I only found v2.8. Did I miss something?

Uwe.
0
Uwe
12/1/2016 2:30:36 PM
 > After 25 years, a new ZSM version has been developed.

 > ZSM (also known as Z80ASMUK) is an assembler for Z80 and CP/M that
 > outputs to HEX files.

Out of curiosity, this is unrelated to the ZSM shipped by Vector Graphic,
right?  Gotta love acronym collisions. :)

De
0
drb
12/1/2016 4:33:24 PM
El jueves, 1 de diciembre de 2016, 15:31:32 (UTC+1), Uwe Nass  escribi=C3=
=B3:
>   sorry, but on your website I only found v2.8. Did I miss something?

Yes, you are right, sorry.

Please, check my GitHub repository:

https://github.com/MiguelVis/RetroProjects
0
Floppy
12/1/2016 8:49:23 PM
El jueves, 1 de diciembre de 2016, 17:33:30 (UTC+1), Dennis Boone  escribi=
=C3=B3:
> Out of curiosity, this is unrelated to the ZSM shipped by Vector Graphic,
> right?  Gotta love acronym collisions. :)

Totally unrelated.

It seems that this assembler changes its name on each new version!

v2.0 =3D z80asm
v2.4 =3D z80asmuk
v2.8, 2.9, 3.0 =3D zsm

According to v2.0, the original came from:

;	(C) COPYRIGHT 1977			;
;	LEHMAN CONSULTING SERVICES		;

;	REV 0	14-JULY-1977	MGL		;
;	REV 1	20-OCT-77	MGL		;

0
Floppy
12/1/2016 9:05:52 PM
El jueves, 1 de diciembre de 2016, 17:33:30 (UTC+1), Dennis Boone  escribi=
=C3=B3:
> Out of curiosity, this is unrelated to the ZSM shipped by Vector Graphic,
> right?  Gotta love acronym collisions. :)

Totally unrelated.=20

It seems that this assembler changes its name on each new version!=20

v2.0 =3D z80asm=20
v2.4 =3D z80asmuk=20
v2.8, 2.9, 3.0 =3D zsm=20

According to v2.0, the original came from:=20

;        (C) COPYRIGHT 1977
;        LEHMAN CONSULTING SERVICES

;        REV 0        14-JULY-1977        MGL
;        REV 1        20-OCT-77        MGL         =20

If I'm not wrong, the autor was Michael G. Lehman, the same author of Pasca=
l/MT+.
0
Floppy
12/1/2016 9:09:20 PM
Floppy Software wrote:
> El jueves, 1 de diciembre de 2016, 15:31:32 (UTC+1), Uwe Nass  escribi�:
> >   sorry, but on your website I only found v2.8. Did I miss something?
>
> Yes, you are right, sorry.
>
> Please, check my GitHub repository:
>
> https://github.com/MiguelVis/RetroProjects

Thanks Mike.  Unless I missed it, there are docs for the various versions
but no sources other than 2.8.  Could be an issue if someone needs to
compile for 8080 (it happens).

0
Ed
12/4/2016 12:32:00 AM
El domingo, 4 de diciembre de 2016, 1:31:54 (UTC+1), Ed  escribi=C3=B3:
> > https://github.com/MiguelVis/RetroProjects
>=20
> Thanks Mike.  Unless I missed it, there are docs for the various versions
> but no sources other than 2.8.  Could be an issue if someone needs to
> compile for 8080 (it happens).

You're right. I forgot to add a line to my .gitignore file, in order to inc=
lude the ZSM files (they are intermediate files in my MESCC projects).

Now they are in my GitHub repository.
0
Floppy