Question:Can I boot from a floppy disk and install Linux from an external USB2.0 Drive

Hi,

   If I had made a  linux file system on external USB2.0 drive then download
the latest version of the Linux installation image files on it for  friend's
brand new machine Linux installtion, is there a specific boot floppy disk
with USB driver built in for external USB drive installation.

I knew the network boot disk can allow to do that installation on the local
area network using the mounting way. But if this brand new machine is just a
stand alone machine.  If there is a way to do the installation using USB
drive, then I can avoid  the tedious buring CD image process and save couple
cents.^_^

Please help me.

Thanks in advance.
- Mike

0
Mike
11/18/2004 3:28:40 PM
comp.os.linux.admin 622 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow