"ISA Server 2004 is the only product that gives you both a firewall server and proxy server"

http://www.microsoft.com/ISAServer/

"ISA Server 2004 is the only product that gives you both a firewall server
and proxy server, too. We really like this feature and now we need just a
single server for each college." - Adi Milner of Mofet Institute

What a moron! I can not believe the shit Microsoft puts on their website!

http://www.ipcop.org/

Firewall
Caching Proxy
VPN
Content Filtering
IDS
Riding on harden OS!
cost=$0

http://www.astaro.com/firewall_network_security/security_solution

Firewall
VPN Gateway
Anti-Virus
Intrusion Protection
Spam Filtering
Content Filtering
Riding on harden OS!
cost=reasonable

http://www.microsoft.com/ISAServer/
Firewall
Caching Proxy
VPN
Content Filtering (sort of)
IDS
Riding on Swiss Cheese OS
cost= $999 Winblows 2003 + $1,499 per processor

0
freeride (1073)

Freeride wrote:

> http://www.microsoft.com/ISAServer/
>
> "ISA Server 2004 is the only product that gives you both a firewall
> server and proxy server, too. We really like this feature and now we
> need just a single server for each college." - Adi Milner of Mofet
> Institute
>
> What a moron! I can not believe the shit Microsoft puts on their
> website!

A firewall built on an MS product?!? You'd need a firewall to protect
the firewall!!!

--
Donovan Hill
Canadian, Linux User, All around nice guy!

>> http://www.microsoft.com/ISAServer/
>>
>> "ISA Server 2004 is the only product that gives you both a firewall
>> server and proxy server, too. We really like this feature and now we
>> need just a single server for each college." - Adi Milner of Mofet
>> Institute
>>
>> What a moron! I can not believe the shit Microsoft puts on their
>> website!
>>

> A firewall built on an MS product?!? You'd need a firewall to protect
> the firewall!!!

Kinda reminds me of the old SNL "Land Shark" skits...

--
rapskat -  03:56:49 up 1 day,  7:34,  3 users,  load average: 1.69, 1.89, 1.83
Domestic happiness and faithful friends.

0
rapskat (1102)
11/13/2004 8:58:43 AM
begin  <tuqg62-rkj.ln1@hydrogen.lazyeyez.net>,
	alt <spamtrap@lazyeyez.net> writes:
> Freeride wrote:
>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/ISAServer/
>>
>> "ISA Server 2004 is the only product that gives you both a firewall
>> server and proxy server, too. We really like this feature and now we
>> need just a single server for each college." - Adi Milner of Mofet
>> Institute
>>
>> What a moron! I can not believe the shit Microsoft puts on their
>> website!
>
> A firewall built on an MS product?!? You'd need a firewall to
> protect the firewall!!!

Funny you shold say that. Whenever ISA server is mentioned on firewall
mailing lists the best you'll hear is that its an ok proxy server but
you must protect it with a real firewall.

IMHO, anyone that relies on Windows for anything security related is
just stupid and will be hacked one day. How can they even think of
using an OS that is insecure by design?
0
rgc4 (3198)
11/13/2004 9:57:50 AM
--
PeKaJe

A firewall built on an MS product?!?  You'd need a firewall to protect
the firewall!!!  -- "alt" (Donovan Hill) in COLA
0
usenet21 (2482)
11/13/2004 10:18:42 AM
begin  It was on or about Sat, 13 Nov 2004 10:57:50 +0100, that Roy Culley
wrote:

> begin  <tuqg62-rkj.ln1@hydrogen.lazyeyez.net>,
> 	alt <spamtrap@lazyeyez.net> writes:
>> Freeride wrote:
>>
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/ISAServer/
>>>
>>> "ISA Server 2004 is the only product that gives you both a firewall
>>> server and proxy server, too. We really like this feature and now we
>>> need just a single server for each college." - Adi Milner of Mofet
>>> Institute
>>>
>>> What a moron! I can not believe the shit Microsoft puts on their
>>> website!
>>
>> A firewall built on an MS product?!? You'd need a firewall to protect
>> the firewall!!!
>
> Funny you shold say that. Whenever ISA server is mentioned on firewall
> mailing lists the best you'll hear is that its an ok proxy server but you
> must protect it with a real firewall.
>
> IMHO, anyone that relies on Windows for anything security related is just
> stupid and will be hacked one day. How can they even think of using an OS
> that is insecure by design?

That's M$ for you. Sort of brings to mind the phrase "The lunatics have
taken over the asylum"....

--
The latest FREE Windows programs!
W32/Bagle.AQ@mm; W32/Bagle.AP@mm; W32/Bagle.AO@mm; W32/Bagle.AN@mm;
Am Sat, 13 Nov 2004 08:08:05 +0000 schrieb alt:

> Freeride wrote:
>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/ISAServer/
>>
>> "ISA Server 2004 is the only product that gives you both a firewall
>> server and proxy server, too. We really like this feature and now we
>> need just a single server for each college." - Adi Milner of Mofet
>> Institute
>>
>> What a moron! I can not believe the shit Microsoft puts on their
>> website!
>>

> A firewall built on an MS product?!? You'd need a firewall to protect
> the firewall!!!

*snip*

Fkn signed!
I have the misfortune of having to work with that piece of crapware.
I work in IT support for schools, and the schools that get connected to
the city-network get a server that runs this as firewall/proxy.
Now, there was a problem when some pictures of certain websites (Google
for example) were showing porn pictures instead of the standard logos.
Question: how did that happen ? M$-answer: clear the proxy cache, it fixes
the wrong pictures!
Rotten, stinking piece of crapware !
</rant>

0