'Linux is perfect' and 'Linux is perfect for' idiocy

Straight up 'Linux is perfect' idiocy:

"Linux is perfect."
Posted by: unknown at March 26, 2005 03:57 PM
http://www.goodexperience.com/tib/archives/2005/03/apple_mail_filt.html

"Linux is perfect."
http://www.deadtroll.com/index2.html?/video/ossuckscable.html~content

"Linux is perfect: its open source nature and excellent shell make it
the ultimate hobbyist's operating system."
http://www.techradar.com/news/software/applications/top-50-best-linux-apps-2011-1014373

"Linux is perfect"
comment by Mr.chippy
http://blenderartists.org/forum/archive/index.php/t-218660.html?s=7ca405d1beb423b9015bd2ff62fb90bb

"Linux is perfect"
comment by jackblack
http://blenderartists.org/forum/archive/index.php/t-218660.html?s=7ca405d1beb423b9015bd2ff62fb90bb

"Linux is perfect!"
http://abaldwin360.tumblr.com/post/23175853511/why-do-hipsters-use-macs-linux-is-so-much-less

"Linux is perfect"
..sig of LSeraphim
http://www.pclinuxos.com/forum/index.php?topic=97991.15

"Linux is perfect."
Anonymous10/14/2010 03:06:00 PM
http://www.techbroil.com/2010/10/linux-desktop-needs-to-bake-for-3-5.html

"Linux is perfect"
comment by albert
http://web.archive.org/web/20080720151740/http://the-half-decent-pharmaceutical-chemistry-blog.chemblogs.org/archives/2008/01/02/all-is-quiet-on-new-years-day

"linux is perfect"
comment by Hans-Christian
http://keithcu.com/wordpress/?p=24

"Linux is perfect, Especially Ubuntu and Mint"
http://marketsamuraikeywordtool.info/linux-history/the-story-of-linux-commemorating-20-years-of-the-linux-operating-system.html

"Linux is perfect anyway :-P"
luv.asn.au/overheads/vmware/vmware.ppt

"Linux is perfect"
Tony Manco, cola idiot
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/77cbbedc29399e6e?hl=en

"Linux is Perfect So Why Would You Monitor Performance?"
http://kevinclosson.wordpress.com/2008/10/19/linux-is-perfect-why-would-you-monitor-performance/

"If your PC is reasonably new and has a large-ish hard drive Linux is
perfect for anything."
By T J Collinson (Sheffield)
http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B00006JT8L/ref=cm_cr_dp_all_helpful/279-0064730-3629436?ie=UTF8&coliid=&showViewpoints=1&colid=&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

"Unless you're building a gaming system, Linux is perfect."
comment by Jeffery Fabish
http://www.makeuseof.com/answers/freshly-built-computer-running-windows-xp/

"Linux is perfect OS"
http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/how-windows-users-are-changing-linux.html

"Ubuntu Hardy was fine, perfect in fact"
#110 at
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=976287&highlight=freeze&page=11

"University Linux is perfect!!"
#13 at
http://mandrivausers.org/index.php?/topic/18487-linux-distro-to-boot-from-64mb-usb-flash-drive/

"Mandriva 2010.0 with KDE4 is Perfect"
Roy Spamowitz, cola idiot
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/a07654c003d30dd6?hl=en

"Ubuntu 7.10 is perfect"
http://www.benjohnstonphotography.com/theotherside/myblog/files/archive-oct-2007.php

"Linux is perfect on a netbook"
comment by yokowasis
http://www.webhostingtalk.com/archive/index.php/t-1074652.html

"Linux is perfect and secure for that laptop..."
http://www.arningsolutions.com/linux.html

'Linux is perfect for...' idiocy
* for Asus
* for poor students
* for grandmas and mothers
* for people with simple computing needs
* for developing countries
* for people who want to operate their own low-cost Internet servers
* for many embedded devices, servers, and clustered computers
* for those old computers with barely any processing power or memory
* for the family budget
* for single application or workstation deployment
* for a file server or media server.
* for everything but media and games
* for general stuff
* for home users, small business and SOHO environments
* for people with simple computing needs
* for little kid's free time
* for the BenQ Mobile Internet Device
* for computers with low processing power
* for the corporate environment
* for printing
* for point-of-sale terminals, reservation systems, CAD systems,
   Web servers, and nameservers
* for many users
* for a file and print server for a small accounting office
* for the Asus EeePC
* for people that use the Internet, chat, do some word processing,
   play some basic card games, etc,
* for the business desktop
* for the corporate desktop
* for file servers
* for print servers
* for education
* for low ram machines
* for clustering
* for storage networking
* for your network server, and your. back-office email relays
* for anyone with an eye on their budget who still needs a reliable and
   scalable operating system
* for setting up a computer kiosk that can be securely made available
   to the public.
* for devices with small memories and tiny screens
* for everyday general purpose computing use
* for tinkering around and new challenging things
* for anything (provided your PC is reasonably new and has a large-ish
   hard drive)
* for embedded applications
* for hosting Lotus Domino servers
* for the type that likes to dig in
* for the mobile device market
* for older Windows 98 computers that are no longer safe to connect to
   the internet because of viruses
* for menu systems on big screen TVs and digital cameras
* for the Internet
* for developing countries
* for filtering e-mail for Windows viruses
* for reporting on network traffic
* for monitoring network devices
* for running a central backup server
* for a good-quality corporate firewall
* for basic home/office tasks
* for servers and mainframes
* for smaller USB flash drives and portable devices as small as 64MB
* for teaching courses in operating systems design
* for email servers
* for old laptops, once you get it configured
* for the vast majority of my daily computing tasks
* for needs that dont go beyond Word processing and web browsing
* for day to day tasks such as net surfing, word documents, music, etc.,
* for server applications
* for the needs of many schools and charitable institutions.
* for people who just want to surf the Net or do homework

http://www.google.com/search?q=+%22Linux+is+perfect

Linux Format May 2009 issue: Find The Perfect Distro

"[Ubuntu] is the perfect Linux distribution for converting people who
normally would pass on the idea of Linux"

"Linux Mint gives you a perfect out-of-the-box experience"

"Linux Mint is the perfect candidate for all Linux converts."

"Puppy Linux is the perfect distro for a USB stick install"

"Mandriva is perfect for Qt development"

"CentOS is the perfect choice of operating system for running a
server on a restrictive budget"

For years Canonical claimed Ubuntu was "perfect for laptops, desktops
and servers".  They removed that bullshit lie and replaced it with
another one: "Ubuntu is perfect for schools, universities and colleges
everywhere."
http://www.canonical.com/about-ubuntu

"9 Reasons Why Linux is perfect for the typical User"
http://ahmadsani.org/?p=1050

"For 97 per cent of computer users, Linux is perfect."
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/features/is-there-life-after-windows-1653198.html

"Linux is perfect for any netbook."
http://www.junauza.com/2009/09/choosing-right-linux-netbook-and-why.html

"Linux is perfect for the corporate desktop..."
comment labeled My Grandmother
http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/6562

Had enough, you shit-for-brains cola dregs?

0
nospam2091 (10001)

DFS wrote:

> Straight up 'Linux is perfect' idiocy:

< snip more dishonesty from the Snit DumbFullShit >

Ok looky looky, not one link a a linux advocate claiming what this lying
cretin DFS is saying

On 6/20/2012 12:20 PM, Peter K�hlmann wrote:
> DFS wrote:
>
>> Straight up 'Linux is perfect' idiocy:
>
> <  snip more dishonesty from the Snit DumbFullShit>
>
> Ok looky looky, not one link a a linux advocate claiming what this lying
> cretin DFS is saying

Dumbkopf, in the earlier thread I didn't say an advocate claimed  it.

But naturally they did, and naturally, like the stupid shit you are, you
missed it:

"Linux is perfect"
Tony Manco, cola idiot
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/77cbbedc29399e6e?hl=en

"Mandriva 2010.0 with KDE4 is Perfect"
Roy Spamowitz, cola idiot
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/a07654c003d30dd6?hl=en

You bumbling idiot.
0
nospam2091 (10001)
6/20/2012 4:24:54 PM
DFS wrote:

> On 6/20/2012 12:20 PM, Peter Köhlmann wrote:
>> DFS wrote:
>>
>>> Straight up 'Linux is perfect' idiocy:

>> <  snip more dishonesty from the Snit DumbFullShit>
>>
>> Ok looky looky, not one link a a linux advocate claiming what this lying
>> cretin DFS is saying
>

> Dumbkopf, in the earlier thread I didn't say an advocate claimed  it.
>
> But naturally they did, and naturally, like the stupid shit you are, you
> missed it:
>

> "Linux is perfect"
> Tony Manco, cola idiot

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/77cbbedc29399e6e?hl=en

You cretinous Snit, he said "Linux is perfect and suits my needs"
Doing a Glasser, are you? Quoting out of context

> "Mandriva 2010.0 with KDE4 is Perfect"
> Roy Spamowitz, cola idiot

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/a07654c003d30dd6?hl=en

You lying Snit, the *thread* is what you quote, *not* what Roy is posting.

> You bumbling idiot.

You just proved to be a Snit, without any doubt remaining.
Every idiot looks like a genius compared to you
On 6/20/2012 12:32 PM, Peter Köhlmann wrote:
> DFS wrote:

>>> <   snip more dishonesty from the Snit DumbFullShit>
>>>
>>> Ok looky looky, not one link a a linux advocate claiming what this lying
>>> cretin DFS is saying
>>

>> Dumbkopf, in the earlier thread I didn't say an advocate claimed  it.
>>
>> But naturally they did, and naturally, like the stupid shit you are, you
>> missed it:
>>

>> "Linux is perfect"
>> Tony Manco, cola idiot
>>
> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/77cbbedc29399e6e?hl=en
>
> You cretinous Snit, he said "Linux is perfect and suits my needs"
> Doing a Glasser, are you? Quoting out of context

"suits my needs" has nothing to do with the first bullshit claim.

>> "Mandriva 2010.0 with KDE4 is Perfect"
>> Roy Spamowitz, cola idiot
>>
> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/a07654c003d30dd6?hl=en
>>

> You lying Snit, the *thread* is what you quote, *not* what Roy is posting.

Too dumb to understand Roy wrote the Subject line?

>> You bumbling idiot.
>
> You just proved to be a Snit, without any doubt remaining.
> Every idiot looks like a genius compared to you

Except you.

0
nospam2091 (10001)
6/20/2012 4:40:13 PM
After swilling some grog, Peter Köhlmann belched this bit o' wisdom:

> DFS wrote:
>
>> Straight up 'Linux is perfect' idiocy:
>
> < snip more dishonesty from the Snit DumbFullShit >
>
> Ok looky looky, not one link a a linux advocate claiming what this lying
> cretin DFS is saying

Indeed.  Though if you Google for "Windows is perfect", you get quite a
different category of result, and then you begin to realize why so many
people gush about Linux being "perfect" -- because, compared to Windows,
Linux seems to be "perfect".

:-)

Anyway, it's highly amusing to see DFS thrashing harder and harder in
his attempts to smear Linux and its advocates.  You can almost feel the
spittle landing on your face.

--
It is like that at Homer's breakfast table. I can see him point his bony
fingers out at the corrupt world and warning his undernourished god
Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

>Anyway, it's highly amusing to see DFS thrashing harder and harder in
>his attempts to smear Linux and its advocates.  You can almost feel the
>spittle landing on your face.

Not one of the trolls will step out of line to denounce even such
*obvious* dishonesty, will they?

--
'If "Linux just works" and "Linux is perfect for anything" we would
not have a single bug report ever - past, present or future.  But it
On 6/20/2012 1:14 PM, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
> After swilling some grog, Peter Köhlmann belched this bit o' wisdom:
>
>> DFS wrote:
>>
>>> Straight up 'Linux is perfect' idiocy:
>>> =========================================================================
>>
>> <  snip more dishonesty from the Snit DumbFullShit>
>>
>> Ok looky looky, not one link a a linux advocate claiming what this lying
>> cretin DFS is saying
>
> Indeed.  Though if you Google for "Windows is perfect", you get quite a
> different category of result, and then you begin to realize why so many
> people gush about Linux being "perfect" -- because, compared to Windows,
> Linux seems to be "perfect".
>
> :-)
>
> Anyway, it's highly amusing to see DFS thrashing harder and harder in
> his attempts to smear Linux and its advocates.  You can almost feel the
> spittle landing on your face.

I feel your Linux pain, Creepy:

#110 at

#13 at
[...]

6/20/2012 5:32:38 PM
On 6/20/2012 1:28 PM, chrisv wrote:
> --
> 'If "Linux just works" and "Linux is perfect for anything" we would
> not have a single bug report ever - past, present or future.  But it
> turns out lots of morons make those kind of ridiculous claims about
> Linux'  -  Dumfsck, lying shamelessly

Where's the lie, turd?

0
nospam2091 (10001)
6/20/2012 5:34:50 PM
"DFS" <nospam@dfs.com> schreef in bericht news:jrsnne$8en$1@dont-email.me...
> [...]
> server on a restrictive budget"

> For years Canonical claimed Ubuntu was "perfect for laptops, desktops and
> servers".  They removed that bullshit lie and replaced it with another
> one: "Ubuntu is perfect for schools, universities and colleges
> everywhere."
> http://www.canonical.com/about-ubuntu

> "9 Reasons Why Linux is perfect for the typical User"
> http://ahmadsani.org/?p=1050
>

> "For 97 per cent of computer users, Linux is perfect."
> http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/features/is-there-life-after-windows-1653198.html
>
> "Linux is perfect for any netbook."
> http://www.junauza.com/2009/09/choosing-right-linux-netbook-and-why.html
>
> "Linux is perfect for the corporate desktop..."
> comment labeled My Grandmother
> http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/6562

> Had enough, you shit-for-brains cola dregs?

Just to add another idiot:
"Linux is perfect at everything, the Linux advocates said so!"; Peter
Köhlmann: "It is"
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/f31c2035e5494b57?dmode=source&output=gplain

0
clogwog (1758)
6/20/2012 8:51:15 PM
On Jun 20, 6:14=A0pm, Chris Ahlstrom <ahlstr...@xzoozy.com> wrote:

> Indeed. =A0Though if you Google for "Windows is perfect", you get quite a
> different category of result, and then you begin to realize why so many
> people gush about Linux being "perfect" -- because, compared to Windows,
> Linux seems to be "perfect".

Windows is perfect shite.
0
wulfgar1976 (414)
6/21/2012 4:46:44 PM
On Jun 20, 6:28=A0pm, chrisv <chr...@nospam.invalid> wrote:

> Not one of the trolls will step out of line to denounce even such
> *obvious* dishonesty, will they?

Perhaps one of us should use an anonymous sock puppet to set him
straight ;)
0
wulfgar1976 (414)
6/21/2012 4:47:55 PM
On 6/21/2012 12:47 PM, White Spirit wrote:
> On Jun 20, 6:28 pm, chrisv<chr...@nospam.invalid>  wrote:
>
>> Not one of the trolls will step out of line to denounce even such
>> *obvious* dishonesty, will they?
>
> Perhaps one of us should use an anonymous sock puppet to set him
> straight ;)

As Snit has shown, you use a sock puppet to agree with yourself first.

You could call yours Carrot Barron as an homage to Onion Knight...

0
nospam2091 (10001)
6/21/2012 8:54:31 PM
On 6/21/12 1:54 PM, in article js01mh$dhj$3@dont-email.me, "DFS"
<nospam@dfs.com> wrote:

> On 6/21/2012 12:47 PM, White Spirit wrote:
>> On Jun 20, 6:28 pm, chrisv<chr...@nospam.invalid>  wrote:
>>
>>> Not one of the trolls will step out of line to denounce even such
>>> *obvious* dishonesty, will they?
>>
>> Perhaps one of us should use an anonymous sock puppet to set him
>> straight ;)
>

> As Snit has shown, you use a sock puppet to agree with yourself first.
>
> You could call yours Carrot Barron as an homage to Onion Knight...

You are aping Carroll's accusations.  This is a new low for you.

But I will bite:

1) What is your best evidence Carroll is not just spewing his normal lies
with his accusations about Onion Knight and Kaba.

2) And can you get Carroll to list the names he has used on Usenet.

Of course not.  You will run from both questions.  While you something say
things of value, you often just make things up or spew idiotic things you
know are not true.

--
The indisputable facts about that absurd debate: <http://goo.gl/2337P>
cc being proved wrong about his stats BS: <http://goo.gl/1aYrP>

0
usenet2 (47889)
6/21/2012 10:33:51 PM
On 21/06/12 21:54, DFS wrote:

> On 6/21/2012 12:47 PM, White Spirit wrote:

>> On Jun 20, 6:28 pm, chrisv<chr...@nospam.invalid>  wrote:

>>> Not one of the trolls will step out of line to denounce even such
>>> *obvious* dishonesty, will they?

>> Perhaps one of us should use an anonymous sock puppet to set him
>> straight ;)

> As Snit has shown, you use a sock puppet to agree with yourself first.

> You could call yours Carrot Barron as an homage to Onion Knight...

I was thinking of Leek Squire but yours definitely has a better ring to it.

0
wspirit (1031)
6/21/2012 10:48:18 PM
On 21/06/12 23:33, Snit wrote:

> On 6/21/12 1:54 PM, in article js01mh$dhj$3@dont-email.me, "DFS"
> <nospam@dfs.com> wrote:

>> As Snit has shown, you use a sock puppet to agree with yourself first.

>> You could call yours Carrot Barron as an homage to Onion Knight...

> You are aping Carroll's accusations.  This is a new low for you.

I thought Onion Knight had a certain relevance - you are a bit of a
vegetable.

> But I will bite:

I think you've bitten off a bit more onion than you can chew.
0
wspirit (1031)
6/21/2012 10:51:00 PM
On 6/21/12 3:51 PM, in article js08gk$ib7$2@dont-email.me, "White Spirit"
<wspirit@homechoice.co.uk> wrote:

> On 21/06/12 23:33, Snit wrote:
>
>> On 6/21/12 1:54 PM, in article js01mh$dhj$3@dont-email.me, "DFS"
>> <nospam@dfs.com> wrote:
>
>>> As Snit has shown, you use a sock puppet to agree with yourself first.
>
>>> You could call yours Carrot Barron as an homage to Onion Knight...
>
>> You are aping Carroll's accusations.  This is a new low for you.
>
> I thought Onion Knight had a certain relevance - you are a bit of a
> vegetable.

For anyone who knows of the Song of Ice and Fire the reference is obvious.
Now why that character... you would have to ask Onion Knight.

While Carroll spewed the lie about he and I being the same person and
several others have copied that accusation, notice there is not a shred of
evidence to back Carroll's BS lies... and his lies came right after he was
asked to list his names he has used.  I will grant - he is a very good
troll... obfuscating the real issue as he attacks me.  But he has had a
*lot* of experience... he has been harassing me since 2004, ever since some
woman dumped him and he idiotically blamed me.

>> But I will bite:
>
> I think you've bitten off a bit more onion than you can chew.

The questions were about the best evidence to support Carroll's BS about
Onion Knight and to see if anyone can get him to list the online names he
has used.

But you have no evidence... and know Carroll is lying.

--
The indisputable facts about that absurd debate: <http://goo.gl/2337P>
cc being proved wrong about his stats BS: <http://goo.gl/1aYrP>
7 simple questions cc will *never* answer: <http://goo.gl/cNBzu>
cc again pretends to be knowledgeable about things he is clueless about.

0
usenet2 (47889)
6/21/2012 10:56:39 PM
On 6/21/2012 6:48 PM, White Spirit wrote:
> On 21/06/12 21:54, DFS wrote:

>>> Perhaps one of us should use an anonymous sock puppet to set him
>>> straight ;)
>
>> As Snit has shown, you use a sock puppet to agree with yourself first.
>
>> You could call yours Carrot Barron as an homage to Onion Knight...
>
> I was thinking of Leek Squire but yours definitely has a better ring to it.

Leek Squire is funny!

How about Cauliflower Companion?   LOL!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orders,_decorations,_and_medals_of_the_United_Kingdom

0
nospam2091 (10001)
6/21/2012 11:01:33 PM
On Jun 21, 11:56=A0pm, Snit <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:

> > I thought Onion Knight had a certain relevance - you are a bit of a
> > vegetable.

> For anyone who knows of the Song of Ice and Fire the reference is obvious=
..

Thanks for letting us know why you chose that particular name.

> But you have no evidence... and know Carroll is lying.

You've been impaled on Occam's razor.
0
wulfgar1976 (414)
6/22/2012 8:20:46 AM
White Spirit <wulfgar1976@gmail.com> writes:

> On Jun 21, 11:56 pm, Snit <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:
>
>> > I thought Onion Knight had a certain relevance - you are a bit of a
>> > vegetable.
>
>> For anyone who knows of the Song of Ice and Fire the reference is obvious.
>
> Thanks for letting us know why you chose that particular name.
>
>> But you have no evidence... and know Carroll is lying.
>
> You've been impaled on Occam's razor.

heh.

Does "Onion Knight" have any previous history?

--
A certain COLA "advocate" faking his user-agent in order to pretend to be a Linux
user: User-Agent: Outlook 5.5 (WinNT 5.0), User-Agent: slrn/0.9.8.0
Hadron wrote:

> White Spirit <wulfgar1976@gmail.com> writes:

>>> For anyone who knows of the Song of Ice and Fire the reference is
>>> obvious.
>>
>> Thanks for letting us know why you chose that particular name.
>>
>>> But you have no evidence... and know Carroll is lying.
>>
>> You've been impaled on Occam's razor.
>
> heh.
>
> Does "Onion Knight" have any previous history?

Yes. As "Snit"

On Jun 22, 10:41=A0am, Peter K=F6hlmann <peter-koehlm...@t-online.de>
wrote:

> Hadron wrote:

> > Does "Onion Knight" have any previous history?

> Yes. As "Snit"

I was about to post the same reply :)
0
wulfgar1976 (414)
6/22/2012 10:01:23 AM
White Spirit wrote:

> I was about to post the same reply :)

Mee tooo
--
Keyboard not found. Visualize "F1" to continue.

[tv]
0
sitting (4577)
6/22/2012 11:32:36 AM
On 6/22/12 2:16 AM, in article n7txy3905w.fsf@news.eternal-september.org,
"Hadron" <hadronquark@gmail.com> wrote:

> White Spirit <wulfgar1976@gmail.com> writes:

>>> For anyone who knows of the Song of Ice and Fire the reference is obvious.
>>
>> Thanks for letting us know why you chose that particular name.
>>
>>> But you have no evidence... and know Carroll is lying.
>>
>> You've been impaled on Occam's razor.
>
> heh.
>
> Does "Onion Knight" have any previous history?

He claims to:
<http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/366085ddc0dc564d>

    ------
    I have been posting to usenet for many years though I used to
    go by a different name.  A large part of the reason I am
    using a different name now is because of Steve and his gang
    from comp.sys.mac.advocacy as they tracked me down and
    contacted my family and tried to contact my boss though they
    got the information wrong and contacted a coworker who shared
    the emails with me. Steve is now trying to track me down
    again and has repeatedly emailed me with threats that he will
    find my employer and who I really am. When Steve is on the
    attack as he is now people should know how fucked up he is. I
    suggest people report Steve to COMCAST as he posts things
    which are inappropriate. I did so but have not yet heard back
    from them. Maybe if they get enough complaints they will
    cancel his account and it will be harder for him to attack
    people as he does.
    -----

While this might fit a number of people in CSMA, I have a guess based on his
writing style and some of the bits of history as to who he is... but for
obvious reasons I have not made my guess public.  I also have not contacted
him for verification... I do not really care if I am right or wrong.  I base
his posts on what he says, not my guess as to what other names he has used.

Onion Knight was calling Steve out *hard* on the fact that he refuses to
list the names he has used on Usenet.  Carroll has a history of using *many*
socks - if you look at the list of names in his idiotic quotes "about" me,
you will see many of those names.  In any case, Carroll wanted to deflect
from this fact - from the fact that he will not give such a list.  So he
started making accusations: both against Onion Knight and Kaba of being my
socks.  Kaba went away so that attack did not stick (and was made in a more
vague way... Carroll was testing the waters)... but since Onion Knight was
posting more and was calling he and cc out on their lies, the attack stuck.

Carroll "won": he made an accusation not even he believes to help deflect
from the fact he was running from talking about his own extensive list of
socks.  Easy to see: Ask Carroll to list the names he has used in Usenet.
He *will* run.  Every time.  He knows he has too many names for him to
remember, and to even list the ones he does remember would be a humiliation
for him.  Here is the list I have... Carroll claims there are *some* where I
am wrong, but he will not list which ones:

"Evil" John *
"Evil" Snit *
Big Crotch on a Small Fish
Cornelius Munshower
CSMA Moderator
Edward Stanfield
Fretwiz *
Hitman Hero
Measles
Petruzzellis Kids
Sigmond
Slaveen
Smit
Steve C *
Steve Camoll *
Steve Carroll <noone@xxxxxxxxxxx> *
Steve Carroll <stevecarroll@xxxxxxxxxxx> *
Steve Carroll <trollkiller@xxxxxx> *
Steve Carroll's Dog *
Steve Carrolll *
Steve Carrroll *
Yevette Owens
Yobo_Obyo

No doubt there are many, many more.

--
The indisputable facts about that absurd debate: <http://goo.gl/2337P>
cc being proved wrong about his stats BS: <http://goo.gl/1aYrP>
7 simple questions cc will *never* answer: <http://goo.gl/cNBzu>
cc again pretends to be knowledgeable about things he is clueless about.

0
usenet2 (47889)
6/22/2012 2:50:24 PM
On 6/22/12 4:32 AM, in article p8uvixo0bn9.dlg@sitting.at.this.computer,
"Tattoo Vampire" <sitting@this.computer> wrote:

> White Spirit wrote:
>
>> I was about to post the same reply :)
>
> Mee tooo

I have asked several people to post there best evidence.

So far here it is:

None.

--
The indisputable facts about that absurd debate: <http://goo.gl/2337P>
cc being proved wrong about his stats BS: <http://goo.gl/1aYrP>
7 simple questions cc will *never* answer: <http://goo.gl/cNBzu>
cc again pretends to be knowledgeable about things he is clueless about.

0
usenet2 (47889)
6/22/2012 3:00:18 PM
Snit wrote:

> While this might fit a number of people in CSMA, I have a guess based on his
> writing style and some of the bits of history as to who he is.

So do we, "Onion Knight". :-P
--
Keyboard not found. Visualize "F1" to continue.

[tv]
0
sitting (4577)
6/22/2012 11:25:30 PM
Snit wrote:

> I have asked several people to post there best evidence.

"Their"

The evidence is pretty obvious to sane people. :-P

--
Regards,
Tat

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance...
Baffle them with bullshit!
0
sitting (4577)
6/23/2012 2:35:41 PM
On 6/23/12 7:35 AM, in article js4k7s$aes$2@news.albasani.net, "Tattoo
Vampire" <sitting@this.computer> wrote:

> Snit wrote:
>
>> I have asked several people to post there best evidence.
>
> "Their"
>
> The evidence is pretty obvious to sane people. :-P

Right: there is none.

--
The indisputable facts about that absurd debate: <http://goo.gl/2337P>
cc being proved wrong about his stats BS: <http://goo.gl/1aYrP>
7 simple questions cc will *never* answer: <http://goo.gl/cNBzu>
cc again pretends to be knowledgeable about things he is clueless about.

0
usenet2 (47889)

'is not' or '!='
A newbie question to you; what is the difference between statements like: if x is not None: and if x != None: Without any context, which one should be preferred? IMHO, the latter is more readable. On 2014-08-18 21:35, ElChino wrote: > A newbie question to you; what is the difference between statements > like: > if x is not None: > and > if x != None: > > Without any context, which one should be preferred? > IMHO, the latter is more readable. > "x == y" tells you whether x and y refer to objects that are equal. "x is y" tells you whether x and y actually refer to the same object. In the case of singletons like None (there's only one None object), it's better to use "is". "ElChino" <elchino@cnn.cn>: > A newbie question to you; what is the difference between statements > like: > if x is not None: > and > if x != None: Do the following: take two $10 bills. Hold one bill in the left hand, hold the other bill in the right hand. Now, the bill in the left hand "is not" the bill in the right hand. However, the bill in the left hand "==" the bill in the right hand. > Without any context, which one should be preferred? > IMHO, the latter is more readable. In almost all cases, both tests would result in the same behavior. However, the "is not" test is conceptually the correct one since you want...

[News] [Linux] Another Company Chooses Linux; Oracle's 'Linux Family' Extends Too
Columbitech Taps SUSE Linux Enterprise From Novell to Help Retailers Reach PCI Compliance and Safeguard Customer Data ,----[ Quote ] | This offering will give retailers PCI compliance by securing all | wireless devices and providing secure wireless access to the | back-end systems. `---- http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20070605005558&newsLang=en Momentum continues for Oracle ,----[ Quote ] | Oracle recently announced that momentum continues to build | around the Oracle Unbreakable Linux Support Program (which includes | supp...

[News] "Linux is the 'Perfect Match' for India's Requirement"
Delhi VAR Evolves Training Capsule for Linux Usage ,----[ Quote ] | He said Linux is the 'perfect match' for India's requirement and hastened to | add that having developed the products and services, the challenge now is to | take it to growing number of users and growing the incoming revenue. `---- http://www.channeltimes.com/India/News/Delhi_VAR_Evolves_Training_Capsule_for_Linux_Usage/551-83436-741.html http://tinyurl.com/3x9972 Related: Free software made mandatory: IT practicals of SSLC Exam ,----[ Quote ] | The Director of Public Instruction (DPI) has issued orders...

'''''''''''''The Running Update/Append Queries Using VBA code Ordeal'''''''''''''' #2
Hi, Thanks for ur help there HJ. I know how to do the tasks you specified there. I would like for the update query to use field values from some of the fields on the form (frmInvoices) such as InvoiceNumber, DateFrom, DateTo. My problem is that an append/update query can't find the values in the open Form (frmInvoices) when I specify them as; [Forms]![frmInvoices]![InvoiceNumber] a select query has no problem finding the field values on a form. please help. Aaron Hi Aaron, Could you post the entire code that you are having trouble with? Now it is not possible to see what goes wrong. HJ "Aaron" <aaron@rapid-motion.co.uk> wrote in message news:260d7f40.0408120245.2f3d01f8@posting.google.com... > Hi, > > Thanks for ur help there HJ. > > I know how to do the tasks you specified there. > > I would like for the update query to use field values from some of the > fields on the form (frmInvoices) such as InvoiceNumber, DateFrom, > DateTo. My problem is that an append/update query can't find the > values in the open Form (frmInvoices) when I specify them as; > > [Forms]![frmInvoices]![InvoiceNumber] > > a select query has no problem finding the field values on a form. > > please help. > > Aaron First off, if you are not always using all the parameters specified in your form, then you have to add parameters to your query on the fly. Also, you can't just do something like qdf.SQL = "SE...

if str_mo not in ('','.') and str_da not in ('','.') and str_yy not in ('','.') Any shorter ?
Hi, there. =20 I'm just curious if it ever dawned on anybody how to abbreviate this line : if str_mo not in ('','.') and str_da not in ('','.') and str_yy not in ('','.')=20 =20 Igor Kurbeko Clinical Programmer Analyst 678 336 4328 ikurbeko@atherogenics.com =20 no brain no pain =20 how about: if not (str_mo in ('','.') or str_da in ('','.') or str_yy in ('','.')) OR if not (missing(str_mo) or missing(str_da) or missing(str_yy)) Eric On 22 Oct 03 21:13:37 GMT, ikurbeko@ATHER...

[News] Microsoft's Linux 'Sellouts' Lose to Truly Free GNU/Linux
The World Series of Linux: Round 1 ,----[ Quote ] | But, clearly, Ubuntu shined. It has earned the right to play in the | championship round of The World Series of Linux. The next round will | determine its opponent, as the RPM Round pits SLED 10, Fedora 7 and PCLinuxOS | to compete to pick the best out of those distributions. `---- http://www.crn.com/software/204802194 Guess who lost here? Xandros and Linspire. Here is OpenSUSE losing: First Kubuntu Impressions ,----[ Quote ] | Well, seems like Kubuntu is the clear winner for professional users and also | for enthusiasts. For begi...

how do you ''see'' an Apple Personal LaserWriter 320 in Linux?
hi there people! as part of a ''low cost / no cost'' computing project I was asked to get a few PCs and a few printers connected on a network. the setup is a PC running DebIan (Etch) Linux with SaMBa (as the PC server) two PCs running WinXP SP2 for printing -- there is an Epson USB inkjet printer (R200) and an Apple Personal LaserWriter 320 now the 2 PCs running Win XP and the Epson Inket are relatively new. The PC running DebIan is 4 yrs old and has a 1GHz processor. the Apple laser was acquired some time ago and kept in storage until this time it was attach...

Really 'dumb' question: why does Linux have viruses? linux virus, linux malware
Linux has viruses and malware. See below. Now please spin the facts and tell me why this is not so, Linux cultists. RL http://www.av-comparatives.org/en/comparativesreviews/single-product-reviews ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4 Business Edition for Linux Desktop May 2011 Review (english) The growing availability of user-friendly Linux operating systems for desktop and laptop PCs, with business support packages available, means that anti-malware solutions for Linux are becoming more important. Security software for Linux is needed not only to protect the computer itself, but also to prevent malicious code aimed at other systems, such as Windows, being passed through the system. To counter such threats, ESET have released ESET NOD32 Antivirus Business Edition for Linux Desktop. For our review, we installed the 32-bit Business Edition, version 4.0.66.0, on 32-bit Ubuntu Desktop Edition version 10.04. ESET also make a Home Edition of the program, and both Home and Business versions come in 32 and 64-bit versions. RayLopez99 <raylopez88@gmail.com> writes: > Linux has viruses and malware. See below. > > Now please spin the facts and tell me why this is not so, Linux > cultists. > > RL > > http://www.av-comparatives.org/en/comparativesreviews/single-product-reviews > > ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4 Business Edition for Linux Desktop May 2011 > Review (english) > > The growing availability of user-friendly Linux > operating systems for deskto...

A function with 'and' , 'not' , 'null' , 'car' and 'cdr'
What's this ? (defun enigma (x) (and (not (null x)) (or (null (car x)) (enigma (cdr x))))) "I suppose I should learn Lisp, but it seems so foreign." - Paul Graham, Nov 1983 On Wed, Oct 07 2015, CAI GENGYANG wrote: > What's this ? > > > (defun enigma (x) > (and (not (null x)) > (or (null (car x)) > (enigma (cdr x))))) Bad taste? It returns T if the list X contains nil as an element. It would be clearer to write (some #'null x). Helmut CAI GENGYANG ...

RE: Obsucure Inquier article about Intel mentions VMS (and not any other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other
> -----Original Message----- > From: JF Mezei [mailto:jfmezei.spamnot@teksavvy.com]=20 > Sent: October 11, 2004 11:45 PM > To: Info-VAX@Mvb.Saic.Com > Subject: Re: Obsucure Inquier article about Intel mentions=20 > VMS (and not any other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS')=20 > other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other=20 > OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other=20 >=20 > "Main, Kerry" wrote: > > Course, there are many ways to offer differen...

He 'quit money'. Well, we know one thing: he's not a cola Linux 'advocate'.
http://lifeinc.today.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/05/02/11502651-he-quit-money-and-is-still-living-a-happy-life#comments DFS <nospam@dfs.com> writes: > http://lifeinc.today.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/05/02/11502651-he-quit-money-and-is-still-living-a-happy-life#comments Well, someone has him pegged:- ,---- | Actually you're right JH. This man will end up in a hospital someday and | who's going to pay that bill? The taxpayers. | | In fact, taxpayers will not only pay his medical, we will pay for the | dumpsters that he forages in and the roads that bring him food and | visitors in the wilderness. We'll pay for protecting the clean air he | breathes and the clean water ( I hope) he drinks. We'll pay for the | military to protect his freedom to be a hobo. | | So this guy is no spiritual hero. He's a freeloader, like everyone who | rails against taxes but expects the services when they want them. Is | that you too JH ? `----  "Limousine Liberals" talk about "sustainability", but only "hobos" truly practice it. DFS doesn't care; he'd have humaity, "live fast, die sooner". Sadly, it doesn't make him feel any better; still, he bitches about taxes and regulations... because, unlike me, he can't escape. Proudly, he admits that his wife has his balls in a jar. It took millions of years to create the coal and oil that's now being used up in a "geological blink of an eye" by 7 bil...

error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attrib
Hi I'm trying to compile an ADC Driver & come acrosss the following error. I've no experience writing drivers before, and hence have no clue how to fix it. Hope someone out there has encountered the problem & suggesst a fix for the same. The Error is I get is : qadc.c: At top level: qadc.c:97: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before 'qadc_read' make: *** [qadc.o] Error 1 [root@localhost qadc]# ########################################################################### ADC Driver Code ##...

logical to 'on' / 'off'
Hi, is there a function implemented doing this conversion? my Problem is, that I want to use the following code: set(handles.edit_curr_trq_sl,'Enable',get(hObject,'Value')) where get(hObject,'Value') gives the state of a checkbox thank you! function [str]=tf2oo(logic) switch logic case 0 str='off'; case 1 str='on'; end%switch end%function tf2oo() while i do not know a built in function, I use my own:) meisterbartsch wrote: > > > function [str]=tf2oo(logic) > switch logic > case 0 > str='off'; &g...

Difference between 'is' and '=='
Hey guys, this maybe a stupid question, but I can't seem to find the result anywhere online. When is the right time to use 'is' and when should we use '=='? Thanks alot~ mwql: >Hey guys, this maybe a stupid question, but I can't seem to find the >result anywhere online. When is the right time to use 'is' and when >should we use '=='? http://docs.python.org/ref/comparisons.html -- Ren� Pijlman mwql wrote: > Hey guys, this maybe a stupid question, but I can't seem to find the > result anywhere online. When is the right time to ...

Replacing ',' with '.'
Hello, I have a huge amount of numbers in a .txt file. The numbers are in the form 2,43252e+1. I need to replace the , with . How should I do this? I'd prefer some import method that does this during the import procedure. -Janne Hi, I guess you import the data as text and convert it then to numbers. Try 'strrep' before you convert the text to numbers. Tobias Jake the Snake schrieb: > Hello, > > I have a huge amount of numbers in a .txt file. The numbers are in the form 2,43252e+1. I need to replace the , with . How should I do this? I'd prefer some import method...

'!' vs. '.'
Is there an advantage to using the '!' notation to represent form/ control relationships? (eg. Me!text1 vs Me.text1) I am currently using the '.' notation exclusively (for code completion in the VB Editor), but much of the high-quality code that I've seen (in Duane Hookom's Query-by-Form db, for example) uses the other. Here's one opinion for you: http://doc.advisor.com/doc/05352 robert.waters wrote: >Is there an advantage to using the '!' notation to represent form/ >control relationships? (eg. Me!text1 vs Me.text1) > >I am currently using the '.' notation exclusively (for code completion >in the VB Editor), but much of the high-quality code that I've seen >(in Duane Hookom's Query-by-Form db, for example) uses the other. -- HTH - RuralGuy (RG for short) acXP WinXP Pro Please post back to this forum so all may benefit. Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/databases-ms-access/200704/1 Here's my $0.02 worth on this. I tend to copy the notation style and naming conventions that I see being used in the Help files. That would be Me![text1] for a control on a form. I am of the belief that this notation explicitly refers to a control itself rather than a field in the form's recordset. Here's an example: I have a parts inventory app that uses a "Line" code, which is usually a 3-character abbreviation for a brand name, and is the na...

difference between ',' and 'a,'
Small question. In gforth is there a difference between the words ',' and 'a,'? I'm thinking not, so perhaps another question, why have both ',' and 'a,'? Thanks Should be the same, in gforth: see , : , here cell allot ! ; ok see a, : , here cell allot ! ; ok On Friday, January 9, 2015 at 5:46:04 AM UTC-8, beeflo wrote: > Small question. In gforth is there a difference between the words ',' and 'a,'? > > I'm thinking not, so perhaps another question, why have both ',' and 'a,'? > > Thanks beeflo <beeflobill@gmail.com> writes: >Small question. In gforth is there a difference between the words ',' and 'a,'? > >I'm thinking not, so perhaps another question, why have both ',' and 'a,'? In Gforth itself, there is no difference. In Gforth's cross compiler, "a," is there for addresses, and "," is there for other cells; addresses can then be relocated when loading the image. - anton -- M. Anton Ertl http://www.complang.tuwien.ac.at/anton/home.html comp.lang.forth FAQs: http://www.complang.tuwien.ac.at/forth/faq/toc.html New standard: http://www.forth200x.org/forth200x.html EuroForth 2014: http://www.euroforth.org/ef14/ ...

'a'..'z'
Is it possible to achieve something like this? switch (mystring.charAt(0)) { case 'a'..'z': // do something break; } "cruster" <cruster@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1151319731.988814.326200@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... > Is it possible to achieve something like this? > > switch (mystring.charAt(0)) { > case 'a'..'z': > // do something > break; > } > There are times when an if statement may be more appropriate ;) Sorry - java is not VB :) -- LTP :) cruster schreef: > Is it possible to achieve somethi...

[News] Microsoft's 'Future' is Linux's Yesterday
Parallel Computing`s Already Here ,----[ Quote ] | Microsoft's Craig Mundie is right. Parallel computing is going to change | everything about computing, but his timing is off. Thanks to Linux, it's been | here for years. | | The future is today. | | [...] | | It's not just video though. Supercomputers are made up of MPP arrays of | hundred or even thousands of ordinary Intel or AMD chips running Linux. The | current top supercomputer, the IBM Blue Gene/L system at the Lawrence | Livermore Lab, can hit 478.2 teraflops (trillion calculations per second) | with its tens of thousands of PowerPC processors running Linux. Indeed, 85.2 | percent of the fastest 500 supercomputers in the world run Linux. | | Besides doing things that you won't notice in your day-to-day life, like | busting down the human genome into smaller and more comprehensive pieces and | getting weather prediction closer to a science than an educated guess, almost | every time you watch a movie with digital special effects you're seeing | Linux, multicore processors and parallel processing at work. | | Autodesk's Linux-based digital visual effect program Flame, for example, has | been used in movies from the children's movie "Charlotte's Web" to the | re-launch of James Bond in "Casino Royale" to swashbuckling in "Pirates of | the Caribbean: At World's End" and, of course, science fiction thrillers | like "Fan...

'[OFF]' as in 'offensive'???
Hi, given that 'off-topicness' is indicated as '[OT]' and taking a look at those postings that started the threads indicated as '[OFF]' (which may both be seen as being somewhat offensive) may lead to the conclusion that '[OFF]' stands for offensiveness. I don't think that this is the intended meaning so what actually *does* '[OFF]' mean? I never came across that abbreviation before (although I have been around on the USENET for quite some time) but maybe it is worth knowing? Josef 'Jupp' Schugt NOTE: mails >100 KiB ...

[News] The 'Downside' of GNU/Linux: 'Too' Friendly with Old PCs
Why I can't get a new laptop ,----[ Quote ] | It's all Linux's fault. | | [...] | | So, because of Linux, I don't need a new laptop and I'm not letting myself | get one. I didn't install Ubuntu for that reason; I did it because I was | switching over to Linux completely, on principle, rather than buy into Vista | in all its unscrupulous, bug-ridden glory. Saving money on upgrades is an | unexpected side effect. And I have to say it's not altogether welcome. It's | good for me to be more frugal, but damn, it's frustrating to keep my wallet | in my po...

Override 'and' and 'or'
Is it possible to override 'and' and/or 'or'? I cannot find a special method for it... __and__ and __rand__ and __or__ and __ror__ are for binary manipulation... any proposals? Have marvelous sunday, Marco Dekker <m.aschwanden@gmail.com> wrote: > Is it possible to override 'and' and/or 'or'? I cannot find a special > method for it... __and__ and __rand__ and __or__ and __ror__ are for > binary manipulation... any proposals? If you want to customize the truth value testing you have to implement __nonzero__ " __nonzero__( self) Call...

Does '!=' equivelent to 'is not'
I'm a bit confusing about whether "is not" equivelent to "!=" if a != b: ... if a is not b: ... What's the difference between "is not" and "!=" or they are the same thing? pirata wrote: > I'm a bit confusing about whether "is not" equivelent to "!=" > > if a != b: > ... > > if a is not b: > ... > > > What's the difference between "is not" and "!=" or they are the same thing? No, they are not the same thing. == and != test to see if the *value* of two variables are the same. Like so: >>> a = 'hello world' >>> b = 'hello world' >>> a == b True a and b both have the value of 'hello world', so they are equal is and is not, however, do not test for value equivalence, they test for object identity. In other words, they test to see if the object the two variables reference are the same object in memory, like so: >>> a is b False a and b are assigned to two different objects that happen to have the same value, but nevertheless there are two separate 'hello world' objects in memory, and therefore you cannot say that a *is* b Now look at this: >>> c = d = 'hello world' >>> c == d True >>> c is d True In this case, they are again the same value, but now the is test also shows that they are the same *object* as well, because...

Web resources about - 'Linux is perfect' and 'Linux is perfect for' idiocy - comp.os.linux.advocacy