[News] 2010 Looking Like an Excellent Year for GNU/Linux

Looking forward to 2010

,----[ Quote ]
| Your editor, not generally known for his good
| sense, has long made a tradition of putting
| together a set of Linux-related predictions at
| the beginning of each year and posting them
| for the world to see. There is no particular
| source of inside knowledge behind these
| predictions, and no real reason to give them
| more credence than is merited by much of the
| material found in one's spam folder. Still,
| it's a fun exercise in pondering how things
| could go and trying to guess what the
| important themes will be.
`----

http://lwn.net/Articles/368120/

A Decade's Worth of Linux Goodness: Top 10 Linux Planet Stories 2009

,----[ Quote ]
| The Number One most popular story of 2009 is
| Steven J. Vaughan-Nichols' How Many Linux
| Users Are There (Really)?.
`----

http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/reports/6955/1/

The decade in management ideas

,----[ Quote ]
| 6. Open source technology. Purist geeks may
| point out that the concept of “open source”
| technology developed in the late 1990s. But it
| was in the last decade that the model spread
| beyond software code. How many things have
| been “wiki’ed” since Wikipedia launched in
| 2001?
`----

http://businessmirror.com.ph/home/regions/20975-the-decade-in-management-ideas.html

Recent:

Open source in 2010

,----[ Quote ]
| Google, on the other hand, has done wonders
| with its Android OS which is now right up
| there with the likes of the iPhone and is
| getting better all the time. Android will,
| without a doubt, be in the headlines
| throughout the coming year as Google takes
| other mobile makers on head-to-head.
|
| But open source will also start appearing
| on devices other than just mobile phones.
| Google's Chrome OS and the Moblin OS are
| just a couple of the viable, Linux-based,
| alternatives for netbooks that will start
| to become important in the coming year.
|
| A couple of years ago Linux look poised to
| take over the netbook market but Microsoft
| managed to claw back its dominance in this
| market with Windows XP.
|
| This time around Microsoft may not be as
| lucky. There are indications that Linux now
| has its second wind and, together with a
| strong mobile phone presence, is ready to
| give Microsoft a serious fight in the
| ultra-portable space.
`----

http://mybroadband.co.za/news/Software/11123.html

0
newsgroups3 (79677)

[News] A Look at New GNU/Linux Distro (Qubes) and Review of YlmF GNU/Linux OS

[News] New Releases of GNU/Linux: Salix Live 13.0, ArchBang 2010.09, Chakra GNU/Linux Phoix, More

[News] [Linux] More Speculations About a Google OS Based on GNU/Linux
Google admits that it is going after Microsoft Office... Is Windows next? ,----[ Quote ] | So that brings us to the obvious question: What about the operating | system? There have been rumors for years about a Google PC and/or | Google OS that was based on Linux and aimed at providing a simple, | intuitive desktop for the masses. Naturally, that Google PC would | primarily be an Internet terminal that features Google's online | applications. `---- http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/hiner/?p=465 Still getting slapped for spyware (Dell) and news aggregators... Google stands firm behind N...

[News] A Look at Dropbox for GNU/Linux, Opera SDK for Linux

[News] 2007 an Excellent Year for GNU/Linux
End-of-2007 State of the Union ,----[ Quote ] | 2007. What a year. Ubuntu cranked out two more solid releases, sub-$500 | laptops flooded the market and undermined Microsoft's influence, and 3D | desktop effects continued to improve `---- http://distrogue.blogspot.com/2007/12/end-of-2007-state-of-union.html Related: Russian Linux (ALTLinux) to be installed in every school in Russia ,----[ Quote ] | Russian OS is to be installed on every school computer in Russia by 2009. | Furthermore, every pupil will get the opportunity to operate the applied | software produced in Russia, Le...

[News] Linux Sub-notebooks in Japan; On 10 Years of GNU/Linux

[News] Coverage of Linux Against Poverty 2010 (Desktop GNU/Linux) for the Needy

[News] Migrations to GNU/Linux Start with... GNU/Linux

[News] Ingres chief Looks at GNU/Linux and Openbravo Embraces Ubuntu Linux

[News] Hadrons Running on GNU/Linux, "Linux is our OS of choice"

[News] A Look at Colinux, GNU/Linux IRC Clients, New Linux Game

[News] New Releases of GNU/Linux: Salix OS, KahelOS, Berry Linux

[News] Film Industry Likes GNU/Linux+GPUs, Linux Gaming Praised
ATI & NVIDIA In The Linux Hollywood ,----[ Quote ] | In this talk by Robin Rowe and Gabrielle Pantera, this duo had discussed how | Linux managed to succeed in this industry and one of the reasons was because | of NVIDIA and their hardware support under Linux via their binary drivers. `---- http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NjM3MQ An incomplete list of high quality Open Source games ,----[ Quote ] | It is often mentioned that many games are not available on Linux. While | several big titles are indeed missing such Linux ports, the Open Source | community its...

[News] Linux's Increasing Domination in Devices and the Year of GNU/Linux
The Year of Linux ,----[ Quote ] | Linux absolutely is doing well in embedded devices, and I'm sure that trend | is going to continue. But Linux has not yet regained the ground that Unix | lost in the SMB application market. Back in the 80's and even into the 90's, | that market was strongly pro-Unix. A lot of it was SCO, of course, because | this was all before Linux existed. Microsoft took that market away, but I see | no reason that Linux couldn't take it back - Linux SHOULD take it back | because Linux servers make much more sense than Microsoft and of course cost |...

[News] LinuxCon 2010 Targets Linux, But "GNU/Linux" is Important

Web resources about - [News] 2010 Looking Like an Excellent Year for GNU/Linux - comp.os.linux.advocacy

Excellent Cadavers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Excellent Cadavers is a 1995 non-fiction book by American author Alexander Stille about the Sicilian Mafia , concentrating on magistrate Giovanni ...

Scripting News: Two excellent mob films starring De Niro.
I love it when people turn me on to excellent fun movies I haven't seen before. In that spirit here are two that are sure to delight if you like ...

Excellent Credit Epic Financial for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store
Get Excellent Credit Epic Financial on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

GNARLS BARKLEY - CRAZY - SLOW VERSION - EXCELLENT - YouTube
I remember when, I remember I remember when I lost my mind There was something so pleasant about that place Even your emotions have an echo in ...

6% Rate Congress’ Job Performance As Good or Excellent
... Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that six percent (6%) of Likely U.S. Voters now rate Congress’ performance as good or excellent. ...

Phillip Costa tells ICAC that Kerry Schott was 'nothing short of excellent' despite Obeid request to ...
A former NSW Labor minister has told a corruption inquiry he was "gobsmacked" when crooked former powerbroker Eddie Obeid asked him to "sack ...

Excellent pictures of North Korean leader Kim Jong-un doing stuff
HERE are some photos of North Korean leader Kim Jong-un inspecting various things - a waterslide, a computer, high-powered binoculars - with ...

Republicans in excellent form for colourful 2016 presidential campaign
No one should have been surprised when the evangelical former governor and Fox News host Mike Huckabee announced on Saturday he would quit his ...

Goats are smart with excellent long-term memories: scientists
... are much smarter than they may appear at first glance, a study has shown. The animals quickly learn how to solve complex tasks and have excellent ...

Wayne Swan, real world is not so 'excellent'
WHEN I talk to business audiences and suggest there are only two guys who don't think we're living in challenging times the federal Treasurer ...