[News] A Look at Absolute Linux 13.1.2 and Truly Free(dom) GNU/Linux Distributions

Absolute 13.1.2 Screenshots

,----[ Quote ]
| The Slackware-based Absolute Linux 13.1.2
| was release yesterday. Absolute Linux
| features the IceWM window manager which is
| very fast and lightweight. This version of
| Absolute has opted for the popular Chrome
| web browser where previous versions included
| Firefox as the default. Numerous other
| features, enhancements, and security fixes
| can be viewed on the Absolute news page.
`----

http://easylinuxcds.com/blog/?p=3736

100 % free Linux distributions

,----[ Quote ]
| On this, July 4, 2010, the day the United
| States celebrates the signing of the
| Declaration of Independence, I thought I
| would take a moment to celebrate that same
| day with a toast to those Linux
| distributions that shirk all non-free
| software. This means EVERYTHING on these
| distributions is protected under, at least,
| the GPL.
|
| There aren’t tons of these distributions and
| some of them are threatened, daily, to
| disappear from lack of support. So it is my
| honor to hopefully introduce the Ghacks
| audience to these distributions.
`----

http://www.ghacks.net/2010/07/04/100-free-linux-distributions/

Recent:

Absolute Linux 13.0.2

,----[ Quote ]
| My experience with Absolute Linux was mostly
| positive. I like the idea of making Slackware
| relatively easy to get running on the desktop
| and I think Absolute Linux provides a pretty
| good amount of value for desktop users. It’s
| not as slick as some of the other desktop
| distros but that’s okay because slick isn’t
| necessarily what everybody is looking for all
| of the time.
|
| On the whole though I’d recommend this more
| for experienced Linux users as the install
| might be a little bit challenging. I encourage
| adventurous Linux newbies to explore and
| experiment with it but they should understand
| ahead of time that installing & configuring it
| could be a bit challenging for them if they
| run into a problem.
`----

http://desktoplinuxreviews.com/2009/10/13/absolute-linux-13-0-2/

Absolute Linux 13.0. with IceWM and PCMan

,----[ Quote ]
| Paul Sherman has released version 13.0 of his Slackware-based
| distribution, pulling it level with Slack in the version stakes
| and relying on the slimline IceWM as window manager.
`----

http://www.linuxpromagazine.com/Online/News/Absolute-Linux-13.0.-with-IceWM-and-PCMan

0
newsgroups3 (79677)

[News] New GNU/Linux Releases: CRUX 2.6, Hymera 20090910, Absolute Linux 13.0, Tiny Core 2.3.1

[News] A Look at GNU/Linux Distributions Igelle 1.0.0, Zenwalk Linux, Salix OS, and GoblinX

[News] A Look at the ClarkConnect GNU/Linux Distribution, Yellow Dog Linux 6.1 Out

[News] New GNU/Linux Distros: blackPanther OS 10.1 and Zorin OS 2.0 Released

[News] A Look at Dropbox for GNU/Linux, Opera SDK for Linux

Web resources about - [News] A Look at Absolute Linux 13.1.2 and Truly Free(dom) GNU/Linux Distributions - comp.os.linux.advocacy

File:Distribution of Average Tax Rates (Individual Income Tax and Employee Payroll Tax) Buffett Rule.JPG ...
This work is in the public domain in the United States because it is a work prepared by an officer or employee of the United States Government ...

Income distribution: Australia's highest earners think they are battlers
High income earners are reluctant to part with their tax breaks in part because they think of themselves as battlers, new research suggests. ...

Income distribution: Australia's highest earners think they are battlers
New research sheds light on why so many high income Australians are reluctant to part with tax breaks. It's because they don't think they are ...

Income distribution: Australia's highest earners think they are battlers
New research sheds light on why so many high income Australians are reluctant to part with tax breaks. It's because they don't think they are ...

Marshmallow barely crawls past 2% adoption in March Android distribution numbers
Last month, Marshmallow finally reached a full percentage point in the Android distribution numbers. In March, helped by numerous OEMs releasing ...

Local Brewery Expands Distribution
Local brewery Pappy Slokum has begun to distribute beer around Texas.

Toshiba Releases New Partner Site for Overseas Distribution Partners in Semiconductor and Storage Products ...
Toshiba launched a site for overseas distribution partners in semiconductor and storage businesses. It aims to advance proactive sales activities ...

Sean Parker’s New Distribution Concept Has Studios & Exhibition Running For Exits
Today our sister publication Variety reported on the Screening Room , a new first-run movie service being pitched around town by Napster co-founder ...

PSA: Grab Celebi today by way of Pokemon's Mythical distribution event
So, February is gone, and as such, the Mew distribution event by way of GameStop cards is too. Now Celebi is up on the mythical chopping block, ...

Android Distribution Updated for March 2016: Marshmallow on the Rise
Google updated its Android distribution numbers for the month of March, showing slight growth in the Marshmallow department. After just barely ...