[News] A Look at GNU/Linux Distributions Igelle 1.0.0, Zenwalk Linux, Salix OS, and GoblinX

Distro Hoppin`: Igelle 1.0.0

,----[ Quote ]
| Hey, people! Welcome to a brand new
| installment of the Distro Hoppin` series!
| I bet you've been waiting for this a long
| time! Actually I KNOW you've been waiting
| for this a long time. Not because you were
| anxiously craving for my writing or
| anything, but because it's been a friggin`
| long time since the last hop. Be ashamed
| of yourself, Danny. Promising to write a
| post more often than once in a blue moon
| and going ahead to extend that period to
| once in an ice age... Tsk, tsk, tsk. OK,
| insert puppy eyes here and let's move on.
| I DON'T NEED YOUR FORGIVENESS!
`----

http://www.itlure.com/2010/02/distro-hoppin-igelle-100.html

Desktop comparison - Zenwalk Linux, Salix OS and GoblinX

,----[ Quote ]
| I love them all, each in their own way,
| but the purpose was to compare and find a
| winner if you want an easy life at home
| and just something that works without much
| hassle, and I'm not going to cop out now.
| Xfce is a fast and potent environment that
| I believe can meet most people's needs,
| but it does not achieve its full potential
| in most distributions due to the
| underlying base. However in a well-done
| distro you won't need any other
| environment for your daily computing and
| benefit from a considerable speed gain.
`----

http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20100301#feature

ArchBang 2.00 RC1

,----[ Quote ]
| There's an installer now, but you can
| always follow this mini-guide to install
| Arch-Linux w/ OpenBox fast if you want to
| do it manually big_smile
`----

Recent:

First Impressions: Igelle PC/Desktop 0.6.0

,----[ Quote ]
| And that, I'm afraid, is pretty much where my Igelle adventure ended. It was
| nice on the live desktop while it lasted but there's not really that much
| useful stuff on the live CD to make Igelle a serious contender, and the
| installer seems to be seriously flaky judging from my repeated attempts at
| getting it running from either a HDD or a USB drive.
`----

http://reddevil62-techhead.blogspot.com/2009/03/first-impressions-igelle-pcdesktop-060.html
http://tinyurl.com/d5cd2y

Igelle DSV 1.0.0

http://www.igelle.com/

0
newsgroups3 (79677)

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>Distro Hoppin`: Igelle 1.0.0

....and, of course, Igelle has been getting all kinds of bad press
lately
as their EULA is in violation of GPL.
..
..
>Desktop comparison - Zenwalk Linux, Salix OS and GoblinX
>http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20100301#feature

If you're doing a demo for a newbie
and that newbie wants to see it working *before* installing it,
and your n00b doesn't like Zen's choices
Zen's one-app-per-task LiveCD may fail to impress.
It kinda blunts my standard advocate's line of
**Linux is about CHOICE; Linux is about YOU**.

:All three come with Xfce 4.6.1 as their default desktop environment,
:although others can be installed later.
:
GoblinX comes in several editions:
g:Standard - KDE
g:Noblin- GNOME
g:Mini - Xfce
g:Micro - Fluxbox
Now, that's what I call CHOICES.
If your n00b doesn't like one, whip out another and continue.[1]

:The GoblinX web site feels awkward and it took me a while
:to locate the tiny shortcut to the forum further down the page.
:This being a Brazilian distro half the postings were in Portuguese.
:
Yeah, that's the fly in the ointment.
..
..
[1] When Mint gets their Mint 8 Xfce Edition out,
that distro will be another that has this option with LiveCDs.
0
jeffm_ (1319)
3/2/2010 7:15:46 PM

____/ JeffM on Tuesday 02 Mar 2010 19:15 : \____

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>Distro Hoppin`: Igelle 1.0.0
>>
> ...and, of course, Igelle has been getting all kinds of bad press
> lately
> as their EULA is in violation of GPL.
> .
> .
>>Desktop comparison - Zenwalk Linux, Salix OS and GoblinX
>>http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20100301#feature
>>
> If you're doing a demo for a newbie
> and that newbie wants to see it working *before* installing it,
> and your n00b doesn't like Zen's choices
> Zen's one-app-per-task LiveCD may fail to impress.
> It kinda blunts my standard advocate's line of
> **Linux is about CHOICE; Linux is about YOU**.

The distro got forked. I can't recall the exact reason. So there's *choice*
for ya! The radical way...

> :All three come with Xfce 4.6.1 as their default desktop environment,
> :although others can be installed later.
> :
> GoblinX comes in several editions:
> g:Standard - KDE
> g:Noblin- GNOME
> g:Mini - Xfce
> g:Micro - Fluxbox
> Now, that's what I call CHOICES.
> If your n00b doesn't like one, whip out another and continue.[1]
>
> :The GoblinX web site feels awkward and it took me a while
> :to locate the tiny shortcut to the forum further down the page.
> :This being a Brazilian distro half the postings were in Portuguese.
> :
> Yeah, that's the fly in the ointment.

It mostly targets Brasilians and others in south America,
where GNU/Linux is used a lot (and preinstalled even more).

> [1] When Mint gets their Mint 8 Xfce Edition out,
> that distro will be another that has this option with LiveCDs.

- --
		~~ Best of wishes

"Lotus Notes for Dummies" is surely a single page pull out with
"don't" printed on it. -- Unknown
 23:20:01 up 108 days, 20:51,  2 users,  load average: 0.42, 0.57, 0.38

0
newsgroups3 (79677)

[News] New GNU/Linux Distros: blackPanther OS 10.1 and Zorin OS 2.0 Released

[News] Google Targets GNU/Linux With Chrome 5.0, Chrome OS (Linux) Overview

[News] A Look at Absolute Linux 13.1.2 and Truly Free(dom) GNU/Linux Distributions

[News] Pagico Comes to GNU/Linux, Miro 2.0 on GNU/Linux Reviewed

[News] A Look at Element OS and Introduction to Peppermint OS (GNU/Linux)

[News] Dell Adopt Another GNU/Linux Distribution and Looks Into GNU/Linux-only Devices (ARM)

[News] ABC GNU/Linux Rises, Trisquel GNU/Linux 4.0 Now in Beta

[News] New GNU/Linux Releases: CRUX 2.6, Hymera 20090910, Absolute Linux 13.0, Tiny Core 2.3.1

Red Hot Linux v9.0 [2 DVDs]. Red Hot Linux v9.0 [3 CDs]. Redhat Enterprise Linux ES v3.0 REPACK [4 CDs]. Mandrake Linux 9.2 [3 CDs] -new !
Red Hot Linux v9.0 [2 DVDs]. Red Hot Linux v9.0 [3 CDs]. Redhat Enterprise Linux ES v3.0 REPACK [4 CDs]. Mandrake Linux 9.2 [3 CDs] -new ! If you have Googled your butt off, and haven't come up with anything ...., and for 14,000 more reasons, please send e-mail, tel4@ath.forthnet.gr, tel2003@pathfinder.gr, astra35@pathfinder.gr, ...

[...]

Red Hot Linux v9.0 [2 DVDs]. Red Hot Linux v9.0 [3 CDs]. Redhat Enterprise Linux ES v3.0 REPACK [4 CDs]. Mandrake Linux 9.2 [3 CDs] - new ! If you have Googled your butt off, and haven't come up with anything ...., and for 14,000 more reasons, please send e-mail, tel4@ath.forthnet.gr, tel2003@pathfinder.gr, astra35@pathfinder.gr, On 29 Nov 2003 04:26:12 -0800, tel4@ath.forthnet.gr (TEL) wrote: > Red Hot Linux v9.0 [2 DVDs]. Red Hot .... what??? is 'Red Hot' [sic] a new distro? .. -- /// Michael J. Tobler: motorcyclist, surfer, skydiver, \\\ \\\ and author: "...

Red Hot Linux v9.0 [2 DVDs]. Red Hot Linux v9.0 [3 CDs]. Redhat Enterprise Linux ES v3.0 REPACK [4 CDs]. Mandrake Linux 9.2 [3 CDs]
Red Hot Linux v9.0 [2 DVDs]. Red Hot Linux v9.0 [3 CDs]. Redhat Enterprise Linux ES v3.0 REPACK [4 CDs]. Mandrake Linux 9.2 [3 CDs] - new ! If you have Googled your butt off, and haven't come up with anything ...., and for 14,000 more reasons, please send e-mail, tel4@ath.forthnet.gr, tel2003@pathfinder.gr, astra35@pathfinder.gr, ...

[News] Review of Myah OS 3.0 (GNU/Linux)

[News] [Linux] More Speculations About a Google OS Based on GNU/Linux
Google admits that it is going after Microsoft Office... Is Windows next? ,----[ Quote ] | So that brings us to the obvious question: What about the operating | system? There have been rumors for years about a Google PC and/or | Google OS that was based on Linux and aimed at providing a simple, | intuitive desktop for the masses. Naturally, that Google PC would | primarily be an Internet terminal that features Google's online | applications. `---- http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/hiner/?p=465 Still getting slapped for spyware (Dell) and news aggregators... Google stands firm behind N...

Web resources about - [News] A Look at GNU/Linux Distributions Igelle 1.0.0, Zenwalk Linux, Salix OS, and GoblinX - comp.os.linux.advocacy

File:Distribution of Average Tax Rates (Individual Income Tax and Employee Payroll Tax) Buffett Rule.JPG ...
This work is in the public domain in the United States because it is a work prepared by an officer or employee of the United States Government ...

Income distribution: Australia's highest earners think they are battlers
High income earners are reluctant to part with their tax breaks in part because they think of themselves as battlers, new research suggests. ...

Income distribution: Australia's highest earners think they are battlers
New research sheds light on why so many high income Australians are reluctant to part with tax breaks. It's because they don't think they are ...

Income distribution: Australia's highest earners think they are battlers
New research sheds light on why so many high income Australians are reluctant to part with tax breaks. It's because they don't think they are ...

Marshmallow barely crawls past 2% adoption in March Android distribution numbers
Last month, Marshmallow finally reached a full percentage point in the Android distribution numbers. In March, helped by numerous OEMs releasing ...

Local Brewery Expands Distribution
Local brewery Pappy Slokum has begun to distribute beer around Texas.

Toshiba Releases New Partner Site for Overseas Distribution Partners in Semiconductor and Storage Products ...
Toshiba launched a site for overseas distribution partners in semiconductor and storage businesses. It aims to advance proactive sales activities ...

Sean Parker’s New Distribution Concept Has Studios & Exhibition Running For Exits
Today our sister publication Variety reported on the Screening Room , a new first-run movie service being pitched around town by Napster co-founder ...

PSA: Grab Celebi today by way of Pokemon's Mythical distribution event
So, February is gone, and as such, the Mew distribution event by way of GameStop cards is too. Now Celebi is up on the mythical chopping block, ...

Android Distribution Updated for March 2016: Marshmallow on the Rise
Google updated its Android distribution numbers for the month of March, showing slight growth in the Marshmallow department. After just barely ...