[News] Another Company (6WIND) Raves About Linux, Linux, Linux...

0
newsgroups3 (79677)

Linux, Linux, Linux

[News] [Linux] Company Favours the Use of Linux; Another Major Game Ported to Linux
KLA-Tencor's New LithoWare Tool Gives Designers Advanced RET/OPC Capabilities... ,----[ Quote ] | Operating in a Linux environment allows LithoWare to distribute | huge volumes of simulations across a large number of computers, | giving engineers the ability to perform advanced computational | lithography and explore an extended set of process parameters | that would not be possible on individual PCs or with other tools | without a major re-calibration effort for each change. `---- http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20070530005220&...

Linux!! Linux!!
From http://groups.google.ca/group/comp.os.linux.misc/about This month 16 t...@invalid.invalid 15 ahlstr...@launchmodem.com 14 goldee_loxnbag...@gmail.com 10 jhas...@newsguy.com 9 mil...@yoyo.org 9 hel...@deepsoft.com 9 hadronqu...@gmail.com 8 ronb02nos...@gmail.com 7 secret...@lxny.org 7 ignoramus8...@nospam.8345.invalid All time 5421 p...@oboe.it.uc3m.es 4508 michael+use...@www.heiming.de 3530 j...@dhh.gt.org 3066 hel...@deepsoft.com 2991 nike_jordan_...@yahoo.com.cn 2651 jdbe...@exit109.com 2474 gra...@visi.com 2216 nikejordangoo...@hotmail.com 1890 rkiesl...@mainmatte...

[News] [Linux] Another Stable Release of Linux, Another Linux Event in the UK
Stable Linux Kernel 2.6.21.4 Released ,----[ Quote ] | Chris Wright and the rest of the -stable team have announced a new | release of the stabilized Linux kernel. `---- http://pcburn.com/article.php?sid=2306 LUGRadio Live ,----[ Quote ] | 40 speakers, hundreds of people, exhibition, live LugRadio | recording -- be there! `---- http://www.lugradio.org/freedommarch/ ...

I have Linux! I have Linux!

My Linux is not your Linux
To the denizens of comp.os.linux.advocacy! So many people demonstrate in this newsgroup that they know only a Linux of Hatred and Greed, of paranoia, and of a selfish sense of entitlement. They seem always to be behaving like monkeys in reaction to human dissenters, throwing feces at one another and beating their chests pretending to know something. My Linux is not that Linux. My Linux is the Linux of Love, of sharing, friendship, community. It is a uniquely human Linux and not one for monkeys. When I speak with fellow Linux users in real life (i.e. not in the monkeyhouse of COLA) they remin...

Why linux is linux

[News] [Linux] Another Company Chooses Linux; Oracle's 'Linux Family' Extends Too
Columbitech Taps SUSE Linux Enterprise From Novell to Help Retailers Reach PCI Compliance and Safeguard Customer Data ,----[ Quote ] | This offering will give retailers PCI compliance by securing all | wireless devices and providing secure wireless access to the | back-end systems. `---- http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20070605005558&newsLang=en Momentum continues for Oracle ,----[ Quote ] | Oracle recently announced that momentum continues to build | around the Oracle Unbreakable Linux Support Program (which includes | supp...

[News] [Linux] 11 Reasons to Use Linux and Another Linux Success Story
11 reasons to use Linux instead of Windows ,----[ Quote ] | Run thousands of great pieces of software that only run on Linux. | Just like Windows, Linux has software that doesn't run on Windows. | Great pieces of software like Amarok, Bluefish, Neverball, Gnumeric, | K3B, Beryl, gdesklets, and MythTV. I know this is a chicken-and-egg | point, where Windows has the exact same situation. Too often I hear | "I can't switch to Linux because it doesn?t run [insert Windows | software]". My reason for pointing it out is just to make it clear | that this is a two-way street. `---...

[News] [Linux] Advantages of Linux Listed, Vista Drives Another User to Linux
5 reasons to use Ubuntu and not Windows ,----[ Quote ] | Freedom of choice | | A stable system that doesn't have to be renewed | | Competition is good for technological progress | | Software is there to do a job, not to benefit a company | | The many, many little things `---- http://ubuntudaily.com/2007/05/10/5-reasons-to-use-ubuntu-and-not-windows/ Open source and Linux looking better every day ,----[ Quote ] | Vista Home Basic - How do you figure out all these different | versions available? Thankfully a desktop shortcut to download | an upgrade - the upgrade treadmill head start...

[News] Everything in Mobile Devices is Linux, Linux, Linux....
Better Than Kindle? ,----[ Quote ] | While I'm thinking about all the things I'd do with it, this is what comes to | my mind: this thing cost around $400. There are few other devices that cost | that much these days: | | * Nokia N810 | * Asus eeePC 701 | * OLPC `---- http://justanystuff.blogspot.com/2007/12/better-than-kindle.html Here's a good early look at Android: Hands on with Android: XML Parsing ,----[ Quote ] | Here is an XML parser that I created to showcase Android’s UI. It retrieves | NBA, MLB and NFL scores off of my web server. The true beauty is ...

[News] [Linux] New Raves for Embedded Linux Companies
Embedded Linux Innovator MontaVista Named Finalist in 2007 American Business AwardsSM ,----[ Quote ] | Named Finalist as ?Most Innovative Company? for Pioneering Linux for | Mobile Devices `---- http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20070515005652&newsLang=en TimeSys is First Embedded Linux Vendor to Support 2.6.21 Kernel ,----[ Quote ] | The first LinuxLink to include an optimized version of the 2.6.21k | ernel is designed for the AMCC 405EP processor. `---- http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_...

[News] Linux, Linux, Linux at Acer (Phones and Tablets)

[News] [Linux] The Linux Foundation Improves Linux Printing
Linux Foundation Improves Printing Functionality in Linux With LSB Driver Development Kit ,----[ Quote ] | "The LSB DDK is a direct result of our workgroup efforts and will | make it easier to create distribution-independent printer driver | packages," said Till Kamppeter, OpenPrinting.org manager, The | Linux Foundation. `---- http://new.marketwire.com/2.0/rel.jsp?id=741867&sourceType=1 Related: Real-time Linux simulates toner motion for printer design ,----[ Quote ] | Concurrent reports that its commercial, real-time Linux | implementation for multi-processor AMD Opter...

Web resources about - [News] Another Company (6WIND) Raves About Linux, Linux, Linux... - comp.os.linux.advocacy

Rubio, Christie and Kasich get more debate traction on social media
By Anjali Athavaley and Melissa Fares NEW YORK (Reuters) - Donald Trump lost his social media dominance for the first time during the Republican ...

Oregon Police Officer Shot While Serving Warrant on Suspect
A police officer in Seaside, Oregon, was fatally shot as he was serving an arrest warrant Friday night, authorities said

N Korea launches long-range rocket despite warnings
North Korea says rocket carries an earth observation satellite but critics say it is a disguised ballistic missile test.

Twitter users decry reported plan to prioritize tweets
NEW YORK (By Amy Tennery, Reuters) – The hashtag #RIPTwitter became the top trending U.S. item on Twitter on Saturday, after a report from BuzzFeed ...

After Taiwan quake, families hold anxious vigil outside collapsed building
NDTV After Taiwan quake, families hold anxious vigil outside collapsed building Los Angeles Times At 5 a.m. Sunday, 67-year-old Lin Tang-shui ...

Up to 75,000 Syrian refugees expected to reach Turkish border
A new flood of Syrian refugees that some predicted could swell to 75,000 rushed to the Turkish border Saturday, fleeing advancing armies loyal ...

More than 3,100 pregnant women in Colombia have Zika virus: government
By Julia Symmes Cobb BOGOTA (Reuters) - More than 3,100 pregnant Colombian women are infected with the mosquito-borne Zika virus, President Juan ...

Kia Proctor: Cam Newton’s Girlfriend And Their Son Slide Into The Spotlight At Super Bowl 50
Kia Proctor may be dating one of the most popular and camera-friendly men in the NFL, but Cam Newton’s longtime girlfriend doesn’t seem to mind ...

2016: Year of the Fire Monkey
As Chinese New Year approaches we celebrate the Fire Monkey, known for its curiosity and bad-temper.

At least two presumed dead after plane crashes into ocean off San Pedro
Los Angeles Times At least two presumed dead after plane crashes into ocean off San Pedro Los Angeles Times Rescue personnel were called out ...