[News] ARM Sub-notebooks (Running Only GNU/Linux) Get Powerful, Quad-Core

0
Roy
4/29/2010 8:00:41 PM
comp.os.linux.advocacy 120655 articles. 14 followers. Post Follow

Re: 25 cps Power, was: Tie Lines was Re: Foreign Exchange Lines #10
In article <telecom24.242.5@telecom-digest.org>, Paul Coxwell <paulcoxwell@tiscali.co.uk> responded to TELECOM Digest Editor: >> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: One of my earliest terminal monitors >> was the H-19 from Heathkit (also known as Z-19 if you bought it >> already put together from Zenith. There as a little switch on the >> back which allowed you to 'default into' 50/60 cps, and you could also >> switch between 50/60 cps mode using keystrokes. PAT] > I have a couple of H-89/90 CP/M systems stashed away in a cupboa...

[News] More Good News for Linux-based Handset Devices
Esmertec And Yuhua TelTech Set New Benchmark With 1-stop Solution For Linux-Based Mobile Devices ,----[ Quote ] | Esmertec announced that Yuhua TelTech, a Chinese Independent Design | House (IDH) for mobile devices, has chosen Esmertec's 1-stop solution | for its Linux-based platform for mobile devices and smart phones. The | platform will be shipped on Linux-based handset devices for the | European and Chinese market at the end of December 2006. `---- http://linux.sys-con.com/read/310276_p.htm Linux is becoming big in China's mobile industry. It is disruptive enough to have had Bal...

How to get started with NLP?
Hello there, I am a beginner as far as this field is considered. Can anybody help me how to get started in this subject?. I have some programming experience in Java and C. Please tell me the reources that may be availabel on the web, or any books that you recommend etc.. One final question, Does understandind NLP require a sound understanding of digital signal processing? If so please let me know. - Thanks JAIDEEP No, NLP doesn't require thorough understanding of DSP. I s...

Welcome to comp.os.linux.misc
Most of the posts you see are from a mentally ill person who is infuriated by his inability to install and configure linux. (Something my 8-year old nephew had no problems accomplishing.) Just ignore the pathetic loser. He doesn't know anything about Linux. There are many skilled Linux runners here that will be happy to help you with any challenges you encounter while learning this incredible operating system. Do NOT respond to the troll, PLEASE. This is called "feeding a troll" and it will just cause the feeb to post more of its ignorant and bitter crap. AC -- alanconno...

[News] [Rival] More Microsoft Lawsuits, Antitrust

[News] Zenwalk Linux Pleases Reviewer
Zenwalk 4.8 Review ,----[ Quote ] | I am just in love with xfce based distributions; they are fast, simple and | elegant and Zenwalk is no exception. It has a really good control center and | out-of-box multimedia support. `---- http://simplyjat.blogspot.com/2007/11/zenwalk-48-review.html Related: Releases : Zenwalk 4.8 is ready ,----[ Quote ] | The Zenwalk Team is happy to announce the Zenwalk 4.8 release. | | After several release-candidates, it seems that we are ready for a very | stable release. Overall, testers have found Zenwalk 4.8 the fastest version | ever.   `---- ...

[News] Macs are Great... Linux Boxes
Mac Mini becomes Linux-based IP PBX ,----[ Quote ] | An East German company will soon begin selling an IP-PBX setup based | on a Mac Mini running Linux. 4S Newcom's iBlue package comes with an | iPod Shuffle that acts as a boot device for the Mac Mini, plus five | Linux-based VoIP phones. `---- http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS8680369796.html Linus argues that while the hardware/box looks attractive, it is actually a PITA to work with (its firmware). On Tue, 17 Oct 2006 07:55:01 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote: > Mac Mini becomes Linux-based IP PBX > > ,----[ Quote ] >| An...

[News] IBM Thinkpads Sold with SUSE Linux, Full Support Included
This relates to Lenovo's recent annoncement. ThinkPad--now with Suse Linux ,----[ Quote ] | In addition, Lenovo will provide Linux support for the laptop, | including drivers and its ThinkVantage technologies found on ThinkPad | loaded with Microsoft's Windows operating system, he said. `---- http://news.com.com/2100-1005_3-6105543.html?part=rss&tag=6105543&subj=news ...

News about SAS
Dear SAS Users, The user acceptance testing period has been completed without any problems reported. Please make sure you do not leave any SAS processes running overnight or scheduled to be run overnight as Darin will be switching us to the new machine tonight or early tomorrow morning. This will be transparent, your usual sas8 and sas6 command will now run on the new machine. If you should get a message asking to validate the 'host' abraham .... just say 'yes'! Happy SAS'ing on our smaller, faster machine.... I will be on vacation tomorrow, please let the help desk kno...

Terminate Running File Copy Operation (SHFileOperation)
Can any one please tell me how to terminate/cancel running File Copy Operation called using SHFileOperation... Thanx Akshay Hi, When you initialize the SHFILEOPSTRUCT Structure, you need to set the flag FOF_SIMPLEPROGRESS, now when you start the copy operation the progress dialogBox will have a Cancel Button on it, you can click it to cancel the copying. Hope these information helps, Kellie. I know there is "Cancel" button....But I want way to cancel running file operation Programatically.... Akshay Kellie Fitton wrote: > Hi, > > When ...

[News] AlwaysOn 100 Innovators Choose MySQL
MySQL Used By Majority Of "AlwaysOn 100" Innovators ,----[ Quote ] | It is no coincidence that the majority of these "Hot 100" start-ups are | using the MySQL open source database to power their IT infrastructure, | Web sites and products. `---- http://sourcewire.com/releases/rel_display.php?relid=26506&hilite= ...

[News] Nimblex GNU/Linux Customised for Users via the Web

Re: DECnet positively in the news #2
Bob Koehler <koehler@EISNER.NOSPAM.ENCOMPASSERVE.ORG> writes ... >[...] > > You may already be aware of this, but DECnet is available on Linux - > > http://linux-decnet.sourceforge.net/index.html > > DECnet is available on just about everything. I can't remember the > last time I had a system that I couldn't get Phase IV for. (Maybe > it was my DECSYSTEM 20's before Phase IV shipped?) I have some consolation for those not as fortunate as Mr. Koehler (e.g. not as well-funded, or simply lacking the time to install DECnet, or even using so...

Getting interface name and ip address of flat files
Hi. Any one knows how to extract Interface name and ip address for each working (UP) interface on Cisco device configuration? Configuration is already on flat files. Config file has many entries like one below: interface GigabitEthernet0/0 description To site LAN ip address 10.2.122.241 255.255.255.252 ip access-group virus-security in duplex auto speed auto media-type rj45 Need to grep for each device config only interface info and ip address, as long as interface is not shutdown. Thank you very much. On Wed, 9 Dec 2009 16:09:38 -0800 (PST), Vic <vhsr00@gmail.com>...

[News] When You Use Microsoft Windows, You Share Your Desktop with Feds
German government sees itself in good company with online searches ,----[ Quote ] | The spyware then sent information on all internet connections and websites | visited to the FBI, who then arrested the pupil. However, in contrast to the | planned procedure in Germany, CIPAV does not transfer the content of | communications or files. `---- http://www.heise.de/english/newsticker/news/94988/from/rss09 Related: FBI ducks questions about its remotely installed spyware ,----[ Quote ] | There are plenty of unanswered questions about the FBI spyware that, as we | reported earlier this we...

GET YOUR DESIRE JOBS
Today,Google Lunched A big opportunity for all..... There are many website available in the internet world.... For Those, Whom search jobs urgently, just go through this link & find your Suitable jobs... http://jobsnet.freespaces.com/ Copyright By Google and Timesjobs.2007 We think,this link will helf those pepole whom search jobs from net..... http://jobsnet.freespaces.com/ ...

Have you heard the GOOD NEWS?
http://www3.boxke.net << click link for the good news google_groups_usa@yahoo.com wrote: > <snip> << click link for the good news Someone has created a DWIM compiler? [clicks link] Bill, never mind. -- http://billpg.me.uk/ usenet(at)billpg(dot)me(dot)uk ...

Run a Process in 'Hidden' Session
Hello, I need to run a deamon/listener (below is an example) process in a 'hidden' session. I don't want to kill the process when closing the session. #!/bin/ksh for i in 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 do echo $i sleep 20 done How can I do it? thanks in advance! Shulamit I guess you want to start 'screen'. Detach from the 'screen' by Ctrl-A-D. You can now safely disconnect from that machine and come back later on with 'screen -r'. -- Frank shulamitm wrote: > Hello, > > I need to run a deamon/listener (below is an example) proc...

[OT] Haylp! Linux hates my router (or vice-versa)
Before I start bothering the proper forums with this, I thought I'd take a punt with you lot... I've finally got broadband. Hurrah! Except... I have a modem router, with my brother's Windows machine and my own Linux box currently connected to it. The router's at 192.168.1.1, by bro is at 192.168.1.2, and I'm 192.168.1.3. The Windows machine has no problems at all (so there's clearly nothing wrong with the router), but I can't get mine to recognise the router for love nor money. I can ping 192.168.1.2 (so it doesn't seem to be a problem with my hardware either;...

[News] [Linux] Novell Answers Tough Questions on Microsoft IP
Novell sheds (a little) more light on its patent access deal ,----[ Quote ] | Q. How does Microsoft promising not sue Novell customers gives | Novell engineers sanctioned access to Microsoft code? | | [...] | | In fact, I would suggest that the answer to the first question makes it | clear that the patent access granted by the technical collaboration | agreement and the patent covenant not to sue customers are completely | unrelated. | | It certainly appears to be at odds with Steinman's earlier statement: "the | intellectual property agreement provided a foundation for the | in...

/usr/gnu/bin empty
Where are the programs located that should be in /usr/gnu/bin? My directory is empty. JaYmZ The GNU coreutils can be installed using easypack. They will go into /usr/gnu/bin. ...

LONG [News Digest] Linux News Digest for the 24hrs preceding 09-10-07
In today's digest, we have: * Linux Myths Get Broken and Windows Realities Revealed * Novell Gets Greedy (Wants OpenOffice.org for Itself) * [Rival] Resource Hogs and Faulty Computers from Proprietary Vendors * [Rival] Bringing Windows 'Reliability' to People's Health Verdicts * Video: xwinwrap Does Animated Backgrounds in Linux * IBM Chooses Linux in New Google Collaboration * Big New Release for Granular Linux (Granular FunWorks 2007) * Open Source Approach Shows Its Advantage; Radiohead Takes the Open Route * [Rival] The Rob Enderle Bozo Gets ...

Python-URL!
QOTW: "I still want to keep compile time type checking to make sure I don't make any mistakes." "Sounds like you want two wives, but I'm pretty sure polygamy gets a checkbox in the naughty category on Santa's list" -- George Jempty (commenting on "Dear Open Source Santa," by Paul Browne) http://www.oreillynet.com/onjava/blog/2006/12/dear_open_source_santa.html#comment-384244 "But if you care to give it a closer look, you may understand that Python's main advantage is not seizable by feature and performance charts." -- Soni ...

[News] The MAFIAA and Jammie Thomas Unable to Settle

[News] Open Source Impact in Networking
Getting Over the Love-Hate Dynamic With Open Standards ,----[ Quote ] | While the number of companies installing all-SIP or all-open source | networks continues to grow, it's clear that the overall market | has not gotten over this love-hate relationship with open standards. `---- http://www.technewsworld.com/story/55830.html Still looking for the lockin while peers and customers prefer openness. Open Source Network Configuration Management ,----[ Quote ] | Open source projects have had a significant impact in areas such | as operating systems (Linux), databases (MySQL), web applicat...