[News] Big Businesses Adopted Free Software in 2009, More Free/Libre Video Editing on Way

First big business, now big data

,----[ Quote ]
| To properly assess the state of open-source software in 2009, one would have to
| gather millions of code commits and project releases. Open source isn't a buzzword
| or even a type of software; it has become a new way of doing business in software.
|
| In September, the Linux Foundation released the findings of its “Who Writes
| Linux” survey. The results found that Linux is seeing contributions from
| hundreds of thousands of different users, and that pool of contributors
| is still growing at an encouraging rate, building on over 10 years of
| consistent evolution and expansion.
`----

http://www.sdtimes.com/link/34011

VLMC: Free Video Editing Software from VLC Coming Soon [Leaked Pics]

,----[ Quote ]
| The official announcement of VLMC will take
| place at the VideoLAN dev’days 2009 in
| December.
| Once the pre-release of VLMC is out, there will
| be full instructions on how to install it, and
| we will have all the details. Until then, you
| can fetch the current working tree using Git:
|
| git clone git://github.com/VLMC/vlmc.git
`----

http://techie-buzz.com/video-tools/vlmc-free-video-editing-software-from-vlc-coming-soon-leaked-pics.html

Recent:

Sun Tzu and the London Stock Exchange

,----[ Quote ]
| I read Sun Tzu's The Art of War more than 10
| years ago, and there is one bit of advice that I
| still use daily in my business dealings. It can
| be paraphrased as "when attacking an entrenched
| competitor, you need four times the force. Ten
| times the force is better." Thus, when Red Hat
| was building its enterprise business, I made sure
| that our sales people were focused on customers
| who could immediately measure 2x the performance
| at 1/2 the cost (yielding a 4x performance/cost
| advantage), although 10x performance/cost was
| more advantageous. It seems that Sun Tzu's math
| has been understood by the London Stock Exchange,
| who are seeing a more than 6x improvement in the
| all-important measure of latency, whilst gaining
| an impressive 2x cost advantage. No wonder they
| are switching from a proprietary platform to one
| based on open source software!
`----

http://www.opensource.org/node/473

0
newsgroups3 (79677)

[News] Video Editing and Production with Free/Libre Software on GNU/Linux

[News] Free Software Challenges Old Business, Big Free Software Event Coming

[News] Ten "Best" Free Software, Ways of Managing Free/Libre Software Debated

[News] Business Done with Free Software (ERP and CRM), Free Software as a Business

[News] Video Editing and Cooking Done with GNU/Linux and Free Software

[News] Big Business Chooses GNU/Linux and Free Software for Operations

[News] List of Free/Libre Vector Graphics Editing Software for GNU/Linux

[News] Video Editing Under GNU/Linux with Free Software a "Real Joy"
Video Editing on Linux :: It can be a real joy! ,----[ Quote ] | So in short, I totally rate Cinelerra as the best video editing app on Linux. | The feature set is powerful, the effects are plentiful and the general usage | is a dream. Yes it took me a little while to get to grips with but now I say | with great confidence, `---- http://www.progbox.co.uk/wordpress/?p=541 Recent: Cinelerra is very easy - 3/3 ,----[ Quote ] | As a film trilogy, on this howto we'll finish our dvd foto album with | cinelerra. As you can see cinelerra is very powerfull, without 3d transitions | ( ...

[News] Big Software Business Makes Deals with Free Software Suppliers

[News] Free Software Inspires More Free/Libre Hardware

[News] Why Free Software on Free Platforms is the Real Way to Go

[News] Free Software is Big Business, Income

[News] Why Big Businesses Turn to Free Software

[News] Free Software Powers Big Business

[News] Businesses Called to Adopt Free Software More

free free free
Your affiliate ID is: g1272750 ...

free free free
http://sanarga.googlepages.com Lot of freeeeee stuffs like free eBooks, free Movies, free wallpapers, free softwares still many more ...

[News] Linux/Free Software Managing to Sell at Less Than Free (Android)

[News] Free Software Versus (Free) Software as a Service

[News] List of Free/Libre Exchange Substitutes, Issues Affecting Free Software

[News] Bringing Free Software into Large Businesses, List of Free Graphics Resources

[News] Video Does Free Software the Right Way (Kaltura)

[News] Businesses Advised to Move to Free Software, Linux

[News] Business Cases of Free Software and GNU/Linux

Web resources about - [News] Big Businesses Adopted Free Software in 2009, More Free/Libre Video Editing on Way - comp.os.linux.advocacy

Small Business Search Marketing by Matt McGee - SEO Tips & Help for Small Businesses : Small Business ...
SEO and web marketing tips and conversation for the small business owner and webmaster. Matt McGee writes about small business online marketing ...

Association of Radio Industries and Businesses - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Small Business Search Marketing by Matt McGee - SEO Tips & Help for Small Businesses
SEO and web marketing tips and conversation for the small business owner and webmaster. Matt McGee writes about small business online marketing ...

SmartRecruiters Beefs Up Careers Tab For Small, Midsized Businesses’ Facebook Pages
Social recruiting platform SmartRecruiters announced an update to its Careers Tab application, which allows small and midsized businesses to ...

Big Updates for Small Businesses: New features for Advertisers and Page Admins
Three new product updates will offer small businesses more capabilities for creating ad images and managing Pages via mobile, providing greater ...

Introducing Messenger Platform and Businesses on Messenger
Introducing Messenger Platform and Businesses on Messenger

Facebook Testing Location-Based Check-In Deals API for Businesses With Many Locations
Yesterday we confirmed that Facebook will soon begin limited private testing of a tool for corporations with local branches that allows corporate ...

5 approaches all businesses can use to adapt to the changing nature of work
Technology has unshackled work from the traditional 9-5. Email and the cloud allow and encourage us to work from anywhere, at any time. But the ...

Instagram Sets 2 Advertising Webinars for Businesses
Advertising on Instagram is humming along, and the Facebook-owned photo- and video-sharing network announced two webinars to help more businesses ...

Businesses struggle to provide unified communications for remote workers
Unified communications are becoming increasingly critical for businesses, with 83 percent of organizations expecting the number of remote workers ...