[News] Comparison of Desktop GNU/Linux Distributions, Review of Pardus 2009.2

Comparison: Best 2010 Linux desktop for begginers

,----[ Quote ]
| There you have it, a close comparison between
| these three fabulous Linux distros, resulting
| in very evenly matched scores. I personally
| love all three, each having its own character,
| strengths, but also weaknesses. Having said
| so, looking strictly for which one offers the
| smoothest and most intuitive experience, I
| would probably have to say that Linux Mint 9
| is the winner in my opinion.
|
| Hopefully this comparison will help you make
| your choice based on your own needs and taste.
| I am pretty sure any of the choices is a sure
| winner.
`----

http://cristalinux.blogspot.com/2010/06/comparison-best-2010-linux-desktop-for.html

Pardus 2009.2 review

,----[ Quote ]
| Recommendations – Pardus 2009.2 is a light-
| weight desktop distribution. Light-weight
| because it does not support disk encryption,
| boot-loader password protection, and LVM and
| RAID. If those are features you can live
| without, then Pardus is worth at least a try.
| It is just like Linux Mint, but with fewer
| applications in its repository.
|
| What I’m looking forward to in the next
| release is for the network interface and the
| graphical firewall manager to be configured
| out of the box. I’ll also love to see 3D
| desktop configuration as a step in Kaptan.
`----

http://linuxbsdos.com/2010/06/13/pardus-2009-2-review/

Recent:

Final Review: Pardus 2009.2

,----[ Quote ]
| When I found about Pardus some weeks ago, I
| was surprised to find a distro which is not
| among the most popular ones, but an
| impressive piece of work nevertheless. I
| personally believe the Pardus developers have
| a very good understanding of their users
| needs, specially those users who may not have
| any experience in Linux or KDE. I think they
| have done a superb job at removing
| "obstacles" where it matters, joining other
| great distributions like PCLinuxOS 2010 or
| Linux Mint 9 in making the Linux desktop more
| accessible than ever.
`----

http://cristalinux.blogspot.com/2010/06/final-review-pardus-20092.html

Pardus 2009.2 Geronticus eremita

,----[ Quote ]
| The new updated version of Pardus 2009,
| Pardus 2009.2 Geronticus eremita announced
| with the new technologic features.
| Updates in Pardus Technologies
|
| Core Pardus technologies are updated to new
| versions, including many bugfixes,
| optimizations and new features.
|
| Pardus manager family has been refactored and
| optimized for new KDE 4.4 / Qt 4.6
| environments. Pardus KDE tools, Network
| Plasmoid for easy network profile switching
| and Service Plasmoid for easy service
| management are available in our repositories.
| These plasmoids can be placed either on the
| desktop, or any of the panels on the desktop
| for easier access.
`----

http://www.pardus.org.tr/eng/news/pardus-20092-geronticus-eremita/

Pardus Linux 2009.2 Has KDE SC 4.4.4

,----[ Quote ]
| The Pardus development team released a few
| minutes ago the new Pardus 2009.2 Linux-based
| operating system. Powered by the Linux kernel
| 2.6.31.13 and built on top of the newly
| released KDE Software Compilation 4.4.4
| environment, Pardus 2009.2 (codename
| Geronticus eremita) comes with an amazing
| installer and bleeding-edge applications such
| as the OpenOffice.org office suite 3.2.1.3,
| the Mozilla Firefox 3.6.3 web browser or The
| GIMP 2.6.8 image editor.
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Pardus-Linux-2009-2-Has-KDE-SC-4-4-4-143842.shtml

Preview: Pardus 2009.2 Release Candidate

,----[ Quote ]
| The release of Linux Pardus 2009.2 is near so
| I wanted to give the Beta a run and see
| what's new before I actually get my hands on
| the final release a few days/weeks from now.
| Unfortunately, the link to the beta from
| DISTROWATCH was broken. In all fairness, that
| link is broken on the Pardus official WEBSITE
| as well. I kept looking and was lucky enough
| to find a link to the Release Candidate,
| which actually makes more sense for a fair
| preview article. In fact, this RC is so
| complete that this almost feels like a
| review!
|
| [...]
|
| Some time ago I compared Ubuntu 10.04 and
| Windows 7. Back then I stated that Windows 7
| made things very simple at the expense of
| diversity and choice. In other words,
| everything was intuitive because options were
| very limited and mostly predefined by
| developers. I was essentially justifying that
| Ubuntu's arguably more complicated interface
| was the result of its great flexibility and
| freedom. PCLinuxOS 2010, Linux Mint 9 and
| specially Pardus 2009.2 have demonstrated
| that a much better job can be done in making
| the Linux desktop accessible to anyone
| without compromising its power.
`----

http://cristalinux.blogspot.com/2010/06/preview-pardus-20092-release-candidate.html

0
newsgroups3 (79677)

[News] Review of SAM Linux 2009, Kongoni Linux, PCLinuxOS 2009.2, and Sabayon 4.2

[News] A Detailed Review of the Recently-released Pardus GNU/Linux 2009.2

[News] Pagico Comes to GNU/Linux, Miro 2.0 on GNU/Linux Reviewed

[News] Skype for GNU/Linux 2.1 is Near, More Applications for GNU/Linux Reviewed

[News] A Look at New GNU/Linux Distro (Qubes) and Review of YlmF GNU/Linux OS

[News] Review of Hulu Desktop for GNU/Linux and Another New Media Centre Application for GNU/Linux

[News] Review of GNU/Linux Distributions for the Desktop

[News] Mandriva Linux Derivative Pardus Linux 2009 Gets Wonderful Reviews

[News] Overview of Tor-ranked GNU/Linux Distributions, Austrumi Linux Reviewed

[News] Linux 2.6.32 in Review, "Linux is Not an OS"

[News] Mac OS X-Like Dock for GNU/Linux Reviewed by Linux.com
KXDocker: More than a task manager ,----[ Quote ] | The basic idea behind Mac OS X's Dock is that when you need an | application, you click on its icon on an on-screen bar, and the | application is launched (if it has not been yet) or switched to | (if it has). Stefano Zingarini has borrowed this concept for | KXDocker, a KDE variation of OS X's Dock (which is also usable | with GNOME and other desktop environments). `---- http://applications.linux.com/article.pl?sid=06/12/28/1956207&from=rss Related: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VekgyKQoTeM&NR http://www.youtube.com/wa...

[News] Reviews and Comparison of Tiny and Light GNU/Linux Distributions
Top 5 Tiny Distros ,----[ Quote ] | I was cleaning up my /home partiton when I noticed I had several tiny distros | hanging around waiting to be tested. So I thought this might be a good time | to write an updated Mini-distro Roundup. Unlike last time, the five | contestants are all less than 88 MB in download size. The five contestants | are CDlinux 0.6.1, Damn Small Linux 4.3r2, Puppy 4.0rc, Slitaz 1.0, and | Austrumi 1.6.5. All of these are the latest stable except Damn Small and | Puppy, that are release candidates. So, we'll cut them just a bit of slack in | the stability depa...

[News] 'Ultimate' Comparison of GNU/Linux Distributions for Desktop

[News] Linux Mint 2.2 KDE Edition Review; Foresight Linux 1.2 Released
Review: Linux Mint 2.2 Beta 020 "Bianca KDE Edition" ,----[ Quote ] | While it is always nice to have another Linux distribution, because | choice is good, I didn't see any compelling reason to use Linux Mint | over the Ubuntu which it is based off of. The look is slightly | different, with some different configuration options here and there. | I can't really say it offers anything special over Ubuntu, but you never | know, there are no doubt future improvements that the Linux Mint team | will make. Hopefully they fix the video driver issue so I can try it | out on my deskto...

[News] A Look at Absolute Linux 13.1.2 and Truly Free(dom) GNU/Linux Distributions

[News] Nero Linux 4 for GNU/Linux Reviewed, Warzone 2100, and Other Linux Software

[News] A Look at GNU/Linux Distributions Igelle 1.0.0, Zenwalk Linux, Salix OS, and GoblinX

[News] Linux Foundation Teaches the Public About GNU/Linux, Linux 2.6.34 Shaping up

[News] Review of Windows Applications on GNU/Linux, Other Killer Applications for GNU/Linux

[News] GNU/Linux-only Applications in Review, NCP Brings Gateway to GNU/Linux

[News] Review of Miniature GNU/Linux Server (OpenBlock), More GNU/Linux Servers

[News] Review of Linux Mint; Pardus Linux
Linux Mint: Taking Ubuntu to the Next Level ,----[ Quote ] | Overall Linux Mint is a fine distribution and I can proudly say | I will be using it as my desktop OS. It is good to see that the | team has different goals than Ubuntu and I forsee a greater amount | of unique additions to Linux Mint in the future. `---- http://techbycolin.com/?p=139 A Second Look At Pardus 2007.1 RC: Surprises, Surprises ,----[ Quote ] | My first look at Pardus 2007.1 Release Candidate was somehow | pessimistic, however I was confident in the future. `---- http://beranger.org/index.php?article=2575 ...

[News] GNU/Linux Desktop for Senior People Has Competition: *Another* GNU/Linux Business

[News] New Reviews of GNU/Linux Applications (or Windows Applications Running Under GNU/Linux)

Web resources about - [News] Comparison of Desktop GNU/Linux Distributions, Review of Pardus 2009.2 - comp.os.linux.advocacy

File:Distribution of Average Tax Rates (Individual Income Tax and Employee Payroll Tax) Buffett Rule.JPG ...
This work is in the public domain in the United States because it is a work prepared by an officer or employee of the United States Government ...

Income distribution: Australia's highest earners think they are battlers
High income earners are reluctant to part with their tax breaks in part because they think of themselves as battlers, new research suggests. ...

Income distribution: Australia's highest earners think they are battlers
New research sheds light on why so many high income Australians are reluctant to part with tax breaks. It's because they don't think they are ...

Income distribution: Australia's highest earners think they are battlers
New research sheds light on why so many high income Australians are reluctant to part with tax breaks. It's because they don't think they are ...

Marshmallow barely crawls past 2% adoption in March Android distribution numbers
Last month, Marshmallow finally reached a full percentage point in the Android distribution numbers. In March, helped by numerous OEMs releasing ...

Local Brewery Expands Distribution
Local brewery Pappy Slokum has begun to distribute beer around Texas.

Toshiba Releases New Partner Site for Overseas Distribution Partners in Semiconductor and Storage Products ...
Toshiba launched a site for overseas distribution partners in semiconductor and storage businesses. It aims to advance proactive sales activities ...

Sean Parker’s New Distribution Concept Has Studios & Exhibition Running For Exits
Today our sister publication Variety reported on the Screening Room , a new first-run movie service being pitched around town by Napster co-founder ...

PSA: Grab Celebi today by way of Pokemon's Mythical distribution event
So, February is gone, and as such, the Mew distribution event by way of GameStop cards is too. Now Celebi is up on the mythical chopping block, ...

Android Distribution Updated for March 2016: Marshmallow on the Rise
Google updated its Android distribution numbers for the month of March, showing slight growth in the Marshmallow department. After just barely ...