[News] Difference Beteen Windows and Linux, BSD and Linux

The Bizarre Cathedral - 26

http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/columns/bizarre_cathedral_26

Linux is not a "Bazaar" and BSD is not a "Cathedral"

,----[ Quote ]
| But either way, even if the two of them are similar, and they both use the
| same development model, why are we still saying that Linux is a Bazaar and
| BSD a Cathedral?  I think it's time we dispense with the fanboyism and old
| school elitism and get back to reality.  Because if we're blindly
| regurgitating and old dead, and obviously incorrect rhetoric, what else might
| we be getting wrong?
`----

http://www.raiden.net/?cat=2&aid=475

Related:

Microsoft Gripes, Linux Enthusiasm

,----[ Quote ]
| Readers slam Microsoft Windows and the company in general, share their
| excitement over the next Ubuntu Linux.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,144397-c,linux/article.html

Analysts: Windows' monolith design collapsing

,----[ Quote ]
| They also observe that Microsoft's emphasis on a single core for all variants
| on an operating system makes even 2001's Windows XP less practical on some
| platforms. On notebooks such as the Eee PC or Classmate PC, XP consumes twice
| as much storage as custom Linux installations, which ASUS, Intel, and others
| often use to pare down the size of the OS without sacrificing the features
| they need.
`----

http://www.electronista.com/articles/08/04/09/gartner.on.win.monolith/

Feeling the heat at Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| you who is Microsoft's biggest competitor now, who would it be?

| to go with that.
`----

http://www.news.com/Feeling-the-heat-at-Microsoft/2008-1012_3-6232458.html?tag=ne.fd.mnbc
0