[News] Fedora GNU/Linux 13 to be Called "Segovia" Or "Commodus"

0
newsgroups3 (79677)

Roy Schestowitz, ye fen-sucked profane coxcomb, contemptuous base born
callet, ye pestered:

> Fedora 13 Could Be Segovia Or Commodus

Commode -noun

      1. toilet (def. 1). A chair enclosing a chamber pot.
      2. a portable toilet, esp. one on a chairlike frame with wheels, as
         for an invalid.

How incredibly appropriate.

--
Find me on Google Maps: 24�39'47.13"S, 134�4'20.18"E

DISCLAIMER: The content does not reflect the thoughts or opinions of either
my ISP, myself, my company or employer, my friends (if any,) my goldfish or
my neighbour's mad dog; don't quote me on that; don't quote me on anything;
all rights reserved; the post is distribution copyrighted to the extent that
you may distribute the post and all its associated parts freely but you may
not make a profit from it or include the post in commercial publications
without written permission from the Prime Minister of Hutt Province; other
copyright laws for specific posts apply wherever noted or not noted, either
deliberately, negligently, or otherwise; posts are subject to change without
notice; posts are slightly enlarged to show detail; any resemblance to
actual persons, living or dead, is unintentional and purely coincidental;
hand wash only, tumble dry on low heat; do not bend, fold, mutilate, or
spindle; do not pass go; do not collect $200; your mileage may vary; no
substitutions allowed; for a limited time only; the post is void where
prohibited, taxed, or otherwise restricted; the post is provided "as is"
without any warranties expressed or implied; user assumes full liabilities;
not liable for damages due to use or misuse; an equal opportunity abuse
employer; no shoes, no shirt; quantities are limited while supplies last; if
defects are discovered, do not attempt to fix them yourself but return to an
authorised post service centre; caveat emptor; read at your own risk;
parental advisory - explicit words; text may contain material some readers
may find objectionable, parental guidance is advised; not suitable for
children; not suitable for adults; not for human consumption; keep away from
sunlight, pets and small children; limit one-per-family; no money down; no
purchase necessary; to approved purchasers only; facsimiles are acceptable
in South Australia; you need not be present to read this post; some assembly
required; batteries not included; action figures sold separately; no
preservatives added; tools not included; safety goggles may be required
during use; sealed for your protection, do not use if the safety seal is
broken; call before you dig; for external use only; if a rash, redness,
irritation or swelling develops, discontinue use; use only with proper
ventilation; avoid extreme temperatures and store in a cool, dry place; keep
away from open flames, naked flames and old flames; avoid inhaling fumes;
avoid contact with mucous membranes; do not puncture, incinerate, or store
above 60 degrees Centigrade; do not place near flammable or magnetic source;
smoking the post may be hazardous to your health; the best safeguard, second
only to abstinence, is the use of a good laugh; text used on the post is
made from 100% recycled electrons and magnetic particles; no animals were
used to test the hilarity of this post other than Synapse Syndrome; no salt,
MSG, artificial colour or flavour added; may contain traces of replies to
peanuts; if ingested, do not induce vomiting, if symptoms persist, consult
your humourologist; post is ribbed for your pleasure; slippery when wet;
must be 18 to read; possible penalties for early withdrawal; post offer
valid only in participating newsgroups; slightly higher in South Australia;
allow four to six weeks for delivery; damage from hurricane, lightning,
tornado, tsunami, volcanic eruption, earthquake, flood, orgasm, misuse,
self-abuse, neglect, unauthorised repair, damage from improper installation,
broken antenna, marred cabinet, incorrect line voltage, missing or altered
serial numbers, sonic boom vibrations, electromagnetic radiation from
nuclear blasts or other Acts of God are not covered; incidents owing to
aeroplane crash, ship sinking, motor vehicle accidents, leaky roof, broken
glass, falling rocks, mud slides, forest fire, flying projectiles or
dropping the item are also excluded; other restrictions may apply. If
something offends you, lighten up, get a life, and move on. All conditions
apply. Not available in all stores. Facts have been changed to protect the
guilty.

why "::", not "."

"out" and "in out"

about "++" and "--"

"Heroes" again, or "Linux in the Wild" or "Linux on TV", this time with screenshots
Allrighty, doubters and wintrolls. I've posted some screen shots from the KDE appearance on NBC's new series "Heroes" http://www.newtnotes.com/?itemid=189&catid=3 Linux in the wild. What more proof do you need? later... -- JDS | jeffrey@go.away.com | http://www.newtnotes.com DJMBS | http://newtnotes.com/doctor-jeff-master-brainsurgeon/ JDS wrote: > Allrighty, doubters and wintrolls. I've posted some screen shots from the > KDE appearance on NBC's new series "Heroes" > > http://www.newtnotes.com/?itemid=189&catid=3 ...

"In" "Out" and "Trash"

[News] MSBBC Covers "Linux" But Calls OpenOffice.org "Freeware"
The open source alternative ,----[ Quote ] | But for the past year Dell has been selling systems pre-installed with Linux, | the free, open source alternative. | | [...] | | Open Office is a free alternative to Microsoft's Office programs, and it is | the best value freeware we can find. `---- http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/click_online/7404387.stm They only show Ubuntu as though GNU/Linux *is* Ubuntu (making Linux "the brown operating system"). At least they try. The Foundation has videos from the summit now: Videos from the Linux Foundation Collaboration Summi...

[News] "Linux" Deserves "More Damn Respect"

Win7: "almost a dream OS", Linux: "WHAT A NIGHTMARE !!!"
"It's nicer than Vista, faster than XP -- almost a dream OS." http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9136192/Windows_7_How_low_can_you_go_?taxonomyId=89&pageNumber=3 "Of importance in the spec was 8GB RAM and I speced a NVidia 8600 GTS graphics card .... WHAT A NIGHTMARE !!! Since then ... I�ve installed various flavors of Linux and continually had lockups/hard freezes (No Num Lock or Caps lock... and you can�t ping the machine). Flavors of Linux that I tried were Ubuntu (7.04 64bit, 7.10 32bit and 64bit, 8.04 Alpha4 64bit), Debian Etch 64bit, Debian Lenny 64bit. All experienced random lockups." http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=587905&highlight=freeze&page=60 Moshe Goldfarb wrote: > Notice the latest FUD from the Linux community. Sounds the same as the earlier FUD from the Linux "community". > Windows 7 = Vista = no improvements while Ubuntu has gone > through xxyy versions since then. And they're now on the 12th unfinished release of Fedora crapware. > Yea, what they don't tell you is that Ubuntu has actually gotten > *worse* with each new release. > > The Ubuntu forums clearly show this. Yep. The Jaunty Crapalope freezing thread now has nearly 600 posts. 1/3 of the victims polled had install or upgrade problems they were unable to fix. sniff, sniff... Micoshaft Appil asstroturfing fraudster pounding the sock DFS wrote on behalf of Half Wits from Micoshaft Appil Dep...

[News] .NET on Linux -- "Yay!" or "Yay [Sarcasm /]"?
Hotskills: Mono lets .net developers run applications on Linux ,----[ Quote ] | To Mono's founders, the proprietary/open-source battle was less important | than issues of co-existence and the most appropriate platform for the job. | According to Justin Steinman, Novell's director of product marketing for | Linux and open platform systems, and the man in charge of selling Mono to the | world, "Mono essentially enables you to run .net applications on Linux," | giving you the choice of developing for either platform knowing that it will | run on both. `---- http://...

Gary Sokolich """"""

Question about "sprintf" "@" "do for"

[News] Idea of GNU/Linux Promotion With "Quit Microsoft Day" or "Quit Apple Day"

Web resources about - [News] Fedora GNU/Linux 13 to be Called "Segovia" Or "Commodus" - comp.os.linux.advocacy