[News] Former Microsoft Intern Likes GNU/Linux More than Mac OS X

Ubuntu: A nice holiday, but glad to be home

,----[ Quote ]
| On a very simple basis, my experience can be
| boiled down to a bunch of stars. Yes,
| Windows 7 in my opinion is pretty good, and
| Vista is poor in comparison, yet Ubuntu is
| far better and in between the two. Mac OS X
| doesn’t strike well with me due to the
| limited number of applications available in
| comparison to both Windows and Linux.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/igeneration/?p=3914&tag=col1;post-3914

Ubuntu Free Culture Showcase: Lucid Edition

,----[ Quote ]
| The Ubuntu Free Culture Showcase is an
| opportunity to bring the best of two great
| worlds together by showing off high quality
| Free Culture content in Ubuntu. At the heart
| of Ubuntu’s ethos is a belief in showcasing
| Free Software and Free Culture, and with
| each development cycle we present the
| opportunity for any Free Culture artist to
| put their work in front of millions of
| Ubuntu users around the world. Although the
| space restrictions are tight, and we are
| limited to how much content we can include,
| the Ubuntu Free Culture Showcase is an
| excellent opportunity for artists
| everywhere. I am always hugely inspired by
| the wonderful entries that we recieve in
| each competition and I am excited about the
| opportunities we have to ship awesome Free
| Culture content with Karmic!
`----

http://www.linux.com/distrocentral/distroblogs/274631:ubuntu-free-culture-showcase-lucid-edition

Red Hat news:

Winners and Losers in Red Hat Option Strategies

http://www.onn.tv/videos/mad-about-options/winners-and-losers-in-red-hat-option-strategies/

Recent:

A Quick Preview Of The Upcoming Ubuntu Manual

,----[ Quote ]
| In the next Ubuntu release, 10.04 Lucid Lynx,
| there will be a comprehensive manual included
| which will cover a number of guides, how-tos,
| and everything a new user needs to know after
| installing Ubuntu.
`----

http://www.learningubuntu.com/news/quick-preview-upcoming-ubuntu-manual

0
newsgroups3 (79677)

[News] Mac OS X-Like Dock for GNU/Linux Reviewed by Linux.com
KXDocker: More than a task manager ,----[ Quote ] | The basic idea behind Mac OS X's Dock is that when you need an | application, you click on its icon on an on-screen bar, and the | application is launched (if it has not been yet) or switched to | (if it has). Stefano Zingarini has borrowed this concept for | KXDocker, a KDE variation of OS X's Dock (which is also usable | with GNOME and other desktop environments). `---- http://applications.linux.com/article.pl?sid=06/12/28/1956207&from=rss Related: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VekgyKQoTeM&NR http://www.youtube.com/wa...

[News] [Rival] New Security FUD Against GNU/Linux and Mac OS X from Microsoft-friendly Sites

[News] Desktop GNU/Linux a Better Mac Than Mac OS X

[News] [Linux] Man Chooses Linux Over Mac OS X, Windows
Which OS for Ruby on Rails development? ,----[ Quote ] | I've had experience using Linux servers (no GUIs), so I figured I | could always drop back to the command line if something broke and | I've had to once or twice during installations. But overall I have | been pleasantly surprised at how civil an experience it has been. `---- http://falkayn.blogspot.com/2007/05/which-os-for-ruby-on-rails-development.html ...

[News] GNU/Linux More Polished Then Windows, Mac OS X

[News] Suggestions for Upgrading from Mac OS X to GNU/Linux

[News] Modern GNU/Linux Compared to Mac OS X

[News] GNU/Linux Beats Mac OS X in Areas

[News] Mac OS X Does Not Look Better Than GNU/Linux

[News] What Sets Apart GNU/Linux from Windows and Mac OS X

[News] User Dumps Mac OS X for GNU/Linux with KDE4

[News] Moving Toward Freedom, from Mac OS X to GNU/Linux
Linux Install Series Part 1: Why Install Linux on your Mac? ,----[ Quote ] | That is the question my fellow Mac users. In today's world we take | what we have for granted but we forget that we have freedom, we have | choice. And we need to take advantage of this. It is important to | realize that we are not limited to what is 'given' to us. Thus, Free | Software gives us the freedom to chose. `---- http://openengineering.blogspot.com/2006/12/linux-install-series-part-1-why-install.html Related quote: http://popagandhi.com/458/it-was-a-very-good-year/ ,----[ Quote ] | As a las...

[News] GNU/Linux Outperforms Mac OS X in Most Latest Benchmarks

[News] GNU/Linux Looks Like OS X, But Better Under the Hood

[News] Musician Leaves Mac OS X to Embrace GNU/Linux

[News] GNU/Linux Beats Mac OS X at Everything But Advertising

[News] Why Mac OS X Can Never Match GNU/Linux

[News] Users Bamboozled Into Thinking GNU/Linux is Mac OS X (Leopard)

[News] Guide and Tips for Dumping Mac OS X for GNU/Linux Desktop

[News] Moving from Mac OS X to Desktop GNU/Linux Working Out Well

[News] Experiment with GNU/Linux Shows Where it Beats Mac OS X and Windows

[News] Story Explains Why GNU/Linux is Better Than Mac OS X, Windows

Web resources about - [News] Former Microsoft Intern Likes GNU/Linux More than Mac OS X - comp.os.linux.advocacy

Microsoft Corporation

Microsoft Cloud Partner - Home

Microsoft Hohm Service Discontinuation
Microsoft-Hohm discontinuation message