[News] Free Software Inspires More Free/Libre Hardware

- From Open Source to Open Hardware

,----[ Quote ]
| This column mainly talks about open source
| software, for the simple reason that code
| dominates the world of openness. But open
| source hardware does exist, albeit in a
| very early, rudimentary form. Last Friday,
| I went along to NESTA for what was billed
| as an “Open Hardware Camp”. Fortunately, I
| didn't see any tents, since that's not
| really my kind of thing; what I did see
| was a huge amount of enthusiasm, and some
| interesting hints of things to come.
`----

http://www.computerworlduk.com/community/blogs/index.cfm?entryid=2688&blogid=14

Manufacturing, Reinvented

,----[ Quote ]
| European researchers have created the
| architecture, hardware and software that
| will enable super-agile distributed
| corporations capable of reconfiguring
| themselves on the fly. It promises to make
| 'made-to-order' a reality for consumers.
`----

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/12/091206183402.htm

People Power Wins Smart Grid Grant for “Lean Green Energy-Saving Machine”

,----[ Quote ]
| People Power plans to distribute OSHAN
| (Open Source Home Area Network)—its free,
| open source wireless software —and SuRF
| (Sensor Ultra Radio Frequency)—its low-
| cost hardware and software development kit
| —to engineers early next year.
`----

http://www.your-story.org/people-power-wins-smart-grid-grant-for-%E2%80%9Clean-green-energy-saving-machine%E2%80%9D-66541/

Boxee Swings for Spot in Set-Top Box Ring

,----[ Quote ]
| The open source software company debuted
| its new hardware device at the Music Hall
| of Williamsburg in Brooklyn, N.Y., on
| Monday. The new device, essentially a TV
| set-top box, will augment the current beta
| software that's available so far only to
| invited testers. Boxee officials expect to
| have the first consumer TV boxes on sale
| for around US$200 during the second
| quarter of 2010.
`----

http://www.technewsworld.com/story/68836.html

Recent:

Open Source Hardware Project RepRap Creates its First Circuit

,----[ Quote ]
| RepRap is an open source hardware project that aims to create a
| self-replicating machine or a 'universal constructor' by using rapid
| prototyping. That means the machine can manufacture objects directly
| including itself, endlessly.
`----

http://blog.wired.com/gadgets/2009/04/open-source-pro.html

0
newsgroups3 (79677)

[News] How to Sell Free Software; Startup Inspired by Free Software Ideals

[News] Free Databases Software a As Route for Free Software in General

[News] Free Software the Biggest Victim of Non-Free Software Counterfeiting

[News] House Analogy for Free Software versus Non-Free Software

[News] Free(dom) Graphics Software and Why Free Software Choose This Path

[News] Economy Favours Free Software, Emmys Use Free Software

[News] List of Free Software Resources and Guidance for Free Software Training

[News] VistA is Free Software, Healthcare Conference to Focus on Free Software

[News] Free Software on VTV (Vietnam), Spain Bets on Free Software

[News] A Look at Free Software Pioneer and Free Software for Young Generations

Web resources about - [News] Free Software Inspires More Free/Libre Hardware - comp.os.linux.advocacy

Software - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Computer software or simply software is any set of machine-readable instructions that directs a computer 's processor to perform specific operations. ...

Questioning Software
I first attempted to use HealthCare.gov to learn about options for covering my granddaughter, who is not covered by my employer-subsidized insurance. ...

Lessons Learned by a Solo Entrepreneur - Software by Rob
... is written by Rob Walling, a serial web entrepreneur. He writes about startups, internet marketing, SEO, and other topics that interest software ...

Renaissance Software
We help individuals and companies to apply state of the art design and process technologies to both embedded and non-embedded software development. ...

Business of Software
Checking form... [x] Receive Updates Search Boston 2012 October 1st-3rd Earlybird tickets from $1,695 Register Earlybird rate available for: ...

Scaling Software Agility - Best Practices for Large Enterprises, by Dean Leffingwell
Best Practices for Large Enterprises, by Dean Leffingwell

Software on the Side
While I was at Ancestry.com, we used the StrengthsFinder assessment to give us insights into ourselves. If you haven’t taken it, I highly recommend ...

The Famous Software Company - Development Blog
A year ago I was looking for an app that enabled me to stream audio from iTunes to my iPhone. I was sharing an apartment at the time, and in ...

A Software Insider's Point of View
Innovative CIO’s Betting On Disruptive Technologies That Impact Enterprise Business Value In the Four Personas of the Next Gen CIO published ...