[News] Gentoo Makes Good Media Centre and Gentoo Derivative Sabayon Linux 4.2 is Reviewed

Gentoo Media Center

,----[ Quote ]
| As usual it’s not our intention to break the bank when building a media
| center. Now it’s true that you can purchase a number of beautiful cases and
| components to make your media pc blend in with the rest of the electronics
| that you may have in your home entertainment center but for myself I prefer
| to get some use of components that may not look the greatest but will simply
| do the job.
`----

http://www.securemind.org/v4/?p=467

Sabayon Linux 4.2 KDE Review

,----[ Quote ]
| Sabayon is a Gentoo Linux-based, multi-purpose distribution. Previous
| releases of Sabayon came in one huge DVD iso image with the option to install
| your favorite desktop. However, the latest release is available in iso images
| distinguished by desktop environments. For example, we have Sabayon 4.x KDE,
| Sabayon 4.x Gnome, etc. This review is based on Sabayon 4.2 KDE. A future
| review will focus on Sabayon 4.2 Gnome.
|
| [...]
|
| The installer is one of the best. If you choose to use Sabayon in Live CD/DVD
| mode, and then opt to install it on your PC’s hard drive, you still get the
| same full-featured installer.
`----

http://linuxbsdos.com/2009/08/15/sabayon-linux-4-2-kde-review/all/1/

Recent:

Sabayon Linux CoreCD 4.2 Release

,----[ Quote ]
| The CoreCD is a text-based release. There is no X-Server, Gnome, or KDE
| provided.
|
|       The Feature list is intentionally short:
|     * Bootable Image suitable for a CD or USB thumb drive (~400M)
|     * Text-Based installer
|     * Basic default networking
|     * Entropy and Portage ready
`----

http://www.sabayonlinux.org/pages/show/id/88

Sabayon Linux Gnome 4.2 Released

,----[ Quote ]
| Sabayon 4.2 will catch you: just the best of the Out-Of-The-Box, GNOME,
| multimedia applications and nothing more than what you need for your daily
| tasks, but what about your free time? We’ve got it. XBMC (formerly known as
| Xbox Media Center) 9.04 is what you’ve ever wanted to build up a fantastic
| HTPC or Internet Multimedia Box, so what’s better than having it ready to
| use? Show off the new Sabayon Linux to your friends, they have no more
| excuses to not try it!
`----

http://wgo.wolf911.us/?p=188

Sabayon 2009 Roadmap

,----[ Quote ]
| Now that we released both 4.1 Gnome and KDE, we started working on next
| releases of Sabayon.
`----

http://planet.sabayonlinux.org/?p=537

Sabayon Core Sneak Peak

,----[ Quote ]
| Lately I have been quite busy with many different (usually sabayon-related)
| things. A main focus is trying to come up with a a nice theme for 5.0, which
| is is proving interesting to say the least.
`----

http://main.v00d00.net/sabayon-core-sneak-peak
0
newsgroups3 (79677)

[News] Review of SAM Linux 2009, Kongoni Linux, PCLinuxOS 2009.2, and Sabayon 4.2

[News] Reviews of 2 Slackware Derivatives, Absolute Linux and Wolvix Linux

[News] Linux 2.6.32 in Review, "Linux is Not an OS"

[News] Gentoo Family Has Two New Releases: Sabayon Linux 5.0 and Gentoo LiveDVD

[News] Good Review of Sabayon GNU/Linux 4.0 (KDE)

[News] Linux Mint 2.2 KDE Edition Review; Foresight Linux 1.2 Released
Review: Linux Mint 2.2 Beta 020 "Bianca KDE Edition" ,----[ Quote ] | While it is always nice to have another Linux distribution, because | choice is good, I didn't see any compelling reason to use Linux Mint | over the Ubuntu which it is based off of. The look is slightly | different, with some different configuration options here and there. | I can't really say it offers anything special over Ubuntu, but you never | know, there are no doubt future improvements that the Linux Mint team | will make. Hopefully they fix the video driver issue so I can try it | out on my deskto...

[News] Review of Hulu Desktop for GNU/Linux and Another New Media Centre Application for GNU/Linux

[News] Nero Linux 4 for GNU/Linux Reviewed, Warzone 2100, and Other Linux Software

[News] 4 Linux Releases: Foresight Linux 1.1, Ubuntu CE 2.2, Kwort 2.2, Mandriva 2007.1 RC1
Foresight Linux 1.1 is out ! http://foresightlinux.com/downloads/ Kwort [Slackware derivative] 2.2 final released! ,----[ Quote ] | I'm proud to announce that Kwort 2.2 final version has been released | after a very long time (more than a year). The system is very stable | and very usable. `---- http://kwort.org/?page=NewsViewer&ID=45&PHPSESSID=1d286ac69fabebf18b4db27ded0b277d Mandriva Linux 2007 Spring RC1 (aka "Xianyang") ,----[ Quote ] | New since Mandriva Linux 2007: | | * Major desktop components | o KDE 3.5.6 | o GNOME 2.18 (RC: final release will include GNOME 2.18) | o OpenOffice.org 2.1 | o Mozilla Firefox 2.0 `---- http://wiki.mandriva.com/en/Releases/Mandriva/2007.1/Development/RC1 ...

[News] Review of the Latest Linux OS from Nokia, Qt 4.4 Preview
Internet Tablet OS2008 Review ,----[ Quote ] | As a portable device operating system, OS2008 scores a hit. The interface was | built to focus on the Internet Tablet's primary purpose: Internet use. The | shortcuts, WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity, and bundled software show that | well. OS2008 goes beyond that to give the consumer something of value and | interest beyond the browser, too. While the Nokia N800 and Nokia N810 are not | primarily portable media players nor gaming devices, they are given those | abilities to some degree with bundled and third-party applications. Boasting...

[News] Gentoo Linux on ARM, More Gentoo on Musical Instruments

[News] Damn Small Linux 4.4.7 Released, Scores 5/5, Puppy Linux Reviewed Also

[News] Review of Sabayon Linux 5, Mandriva Linux Has Winners

[News] Bleeding-edge Linux with a Gentoo Derivative
Sabayon Linux miniEdition looks sharp on the bleeding edge ,----[ Quote ] | Last week the Sabayon Linux project released ISO images of its | miniEdition 3.1 live CD Linux distro. Sabayon has earned a | reputation for running right on the cutting edge; it is the | first distro to deploy a live CD using the Beryl compositing | engine and Nvidia's newest beta video drivers. `---- http://distrocenter.linux.com/article.pl?sid=06/10/13/186218&from=rss Nice shots. ...

[News] A Look at Puppy Linux and Sabayon Linux 5.1 Review

[News] Linux Review of the Seagate BlackArmor, Pogo Linux Makes NAS

[News] Linux Mint 7 (Ubuntu GNU/Linux Derivative) Reviewed

[News] Gentoo GNU/Linux and Dracut; MacBook Pro Runs Gentoo

[News] Review of Linux-powered Home Media Network, Other Linux Devices

[LINUX] Info: Intel D845GEBV2 mainboard and Linux 2.4.21/2.4.22
I recently had to install Linux on a i845 based system (D845GEBV2 mainboard). In short: Using 2.4.21 and possibly some earlier 2.4 kernels will enrich your system with "DMA timeout" and "hda: lost interrupt" errors. Using 2.4.22 will fix this. -- Mvh. / Best regards, Steen Suder <http://www.suder.dk/> ICQ UIN 4133803 ...

[News] New Reviews of Tiny Core Linux 2.1, CDLinux 0.9.2, Live Linux Gaming 0.9.5, PCLinuxOS Minime 09.1

Web resources about - [News] Gentoo Makes Good Media Centre and Gentoo Derivative Sabayon Linux 4.2 is Reviewed - comp.os.linux.advocacy

Derivative - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... is about the term as used in calculus . For a less technical overview of the subject, see differential calculus . For other uses, see Derivative ...

Derivative - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... is about the term as used in calculus . For a less technical overview of the subject, see differential calculus . For other uses, see Derivative ...

Derivative - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... is about the term as used in calculus . For a less technical overview of the subject, see differential calculus . For other uses, see Derivative ...

Facebook Claims Conflict Of Interest, Seeks Dismissal Of Derivative Lawsuit
Can the same law firm unsuccessfully bid to lead a class-action suit against a company, and then file a related derivative lawsuit against the ...

Financial Oligarchy and the New Robber Barons w/Derivatives Guru Janet Tavakoli - YouTube
Follow us @ http://twitter.com/laurenlyster http://twitter.com/coveringdelta Welcome to Capital Account. Bernanke speaks and everyone seems to ...

Star Wars: The Force Awakens review: Big, loud, huge fun and hugely derivative
JJ Abrams takes George Lucas' original and pumps it full steroids - it ticks every box, rifles every memory and renovates much-loved characters ...

Star Wars: The Force Awakens review: Big, loud, huge fun and hugely derivative
JJ Abrams takes George Lucas' original and pumps it full steroids - it ticks every box, rifles every memory and renovates much-loved characters ...

Shatter marijuana derivative increasingly worries Calgary police
Police are concerned about shatter, a marijuana-derivative drug that is so potent it can cause bouts of psychosis in people who inhale it. It ...

HONG KONG – DERIVATIVES / STRUCTURED FINANCE – JUNIOR TO SENIOR LEVEL ASSOICATE NEED AT TOP TIER FIRM ...
... firm clients in Hong Kong, where we have made 10 US associate and counsel placements in recent years, has an urgent need to hire a few derivatives ...

ASX profit up 7.3pc, but derivatives income flat
The ASX has reported a 7.3 per cent lift in after-tax profit to $213.1 million, just ahead of market forecasts, driven by new listings and big ...