[News] GNU/Linux Claimed Better Than Mac OS X, Vista's Dim View Leads to Linux

Why Mac OS X Sucks and Linux Rocks

,----[ Quote ]
| For now, I decided to quit using Leopard (except when I want to take funny
| and distorted pictures), and I am more determined than ever in making Linux
| (Xubuntu) fully compatible with my Macbook Pro. You may ask why I think Linux
| rocks.
`----

http://www.junauza.com/2008/04/why-mac-os-x-sucks-and-linux-rocks.html

With Vista's View Getting Dimmer, Should You Give Linux A Chance?

,----[ Quote ]
| Ease of use. WHAT!?! Ease of use? Yes. I've said it now. It's easy to use. CD
| based install (or even one that will go over the internet for some versions),
| graphical user interface, point and click most everything, you name it. Linux
| has come a long, long way over the last few years.
`----

http://www.nospintalk.com/content/view/97/

Yesterday:

Vista: The kiss of death for Microsoft execs

,----[ Quote ]
| Think Microsoft is happy with Vista? Think again. Numerous top execs involved
| in its development and launch are no longer at the company, at least in one
| instance because an exec was put in a position that was certainly a demotion.
`----

http://blogs.computerworld.com/vista_the_kiss_of_death_for_microsoft_execs

Recent:

Windows exec Poole leaving Microsoft (Update)

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft senior vice president Will Poole, a longtime Windows executive, is
| retiring from the company, according to a report by ZDNet blogger Mary Jo
| Foley this afternoon. No confirmation from Microsoft yet.
|
| Poole would be the latest executive to leave the company since Windows
| Vista's launch. Others include Rob Short and Michael Sievert.
`----

http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/microsoft/archives/136482.asp?source=rss

Microsoft Makes Mundie Responsible for Unlimited Potential

,----[ Quote ]
| As part of those changes, current UPG co-leader Will Poole will leave
| Microsoft in the September-October time frame, the company confirmed on
| Tuesday. Former unified communications executive Anoop Gupta will replace
| Poole as corporate vice president of UPG.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/144676/microsoft_makes_mundie_responsible_for_unlimited_potential.html

Microsoft's Vista Blogger Quits As Redmond Exodus Builds

,----[ Quote ]
| Earlier this year, Microsoft Business Division president Jeff Raikes said he
| would retire in September, to be replaced by former Juniper Networks chief
| operating officer Stephen Elop.
|
| Microsoft's merger and acquisitions chief Bruce Jaffe stepped down at the end
| of February.
|
| To boot, Microsoft chairman Bill Gates will give up full-time duties at the
| company in July.
|
| The departures highlight one of Microsoft's biggest challenges as a mature
| company: attracting and retaining Silicon Valley's top talent. In its early
| days, Microsoft could entice recruits with an entrepreneurial environment and
| stock options that eventually turned secretaries into millionaires.
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/news/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=207001276&subSection=All+Stories

Vista marketing chief to bid Microsoft adieu

,----[ Quote ]
| Michael Sievert, Corporate Vice President for Windows Product Marketing, is
| moving on, according to multiple sources of mine.
|
| It’s hard to make the case that Sievert, who was responsible for the
| worldwide introduction of Windows Vista, isn’t being pushed for the
| less-than-enthusiastic public perception of Microsoft’s latest version of
| Windows. Even though Microsoft has moved 100-million-plus copies of Vista,
| many consumers and businesses still consider the new release buggy, sluggish
| and incompatible with existing software and drivers.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=1158

Veteran Windows architect resigns from Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| On the heels of a week of news of a number of Microsoft executive departures
| and reshufflings, another has come to light. Rob Short, Corporate Vice
| President for Windows Core, has resigned from the company.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=1110
0
newsgroups3 (79677)

On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 05:51:37 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Yesterday:
>
> Vista: The kiss of death for Microsoft execs
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Think Microsoft is happy with Vista? Think again. Numerous top execs
> | involved in its development and launch are no longer at the company, at
> | least in one instance because an exec was put in a position that was
> | certainly a demotion. Â
> `----
>
> http://blogs.computerworld.com/vista_the_kiss_of_death_for_microsoft_execs

[quote]
Poole was clearly given a demotion of sorts after his work on Vista.
Analysts note that after Vista, Poole was made head of the the Unlimited
Potential group. Never heard of it? No one else has either. Keizer quotes
analyst Michael Silver, who covers Microsoft at Gartner Inc., as saying,
"When Poole was moved to run the Unlimited Potential group, that didn't
sound like a promotion." That's putting it mildly.
[/quote]

Actually, "Unlimited Potential" resembles the so-called "Linux Reality
Team" that formulated the bogus FAQ.  Seems many of our faithful Wintrolls
in this group fit this category.  Sad reality is Linux is succeeding and
succeeding well.  There really is no more need to advocate Linux.  We have
won.  They'll be able to hang their reality team sign at the edge of their
beds in a nursing home.

> Recent:
>
> Windows exec Poole leaving Microsoft (Update)
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Microsoft senior vice president Will Poole, a longtime Windows
> | executive, is retiring from the company, according to a report by ZDNet
> | blogger Mary Jo Foley this afternoon. No confirmation from Microsoft
> | yet.
> |
> | Poole would be the latest executive to leave the company since Windows
> | Vista's launch. Others include Rob Short and Michael Sievert.
> `----
>
> http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/microsoft/archives/136482.asp?source=rss

Sounds much like Douglas Aircraft Company in the late 1980's.  There were
drastic changes in leadership, people left in droves.  By mid 1990's,
it became a company of Boeing.  In 2005, company was bulldozed into the
ground, land sold.  12 or so story corporate headquarter building that had
the corporate name in big letters was no more.

Perhaps Microsoft will become a company of Novell?

--
HPT
____/ High Plains Thumper on Thursday 17 April 2008 06:22 : \____

> On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 05:51:37 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Yesterday:
>>
>> Vista: The kiss of death for Microsoft execs
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Think Microsoft is happy with Vista? Think again. Numerous top execs
>> | involved in its development and launch are no longer at the company, at
>> | least in one instance because an exec was put in a position that was
>> | certainly a demotion. Â
>> `----
>>
>> http://blogs.computerworld.com/vista_the_kiss_of_death_for_microsoft_execs
>
> [quote]
> Poole was clearly given a demotion of sorts after his work on Vista.
> Analysts note that after Vista, Poole was made head of the the Unlimited
> Potential group. Never heard of it? No one else has either. Keizer quotes
> analyst Michael Silver, who covers Microsoft at Gartner Inc., as saying,
> "When Poole was moved to run the Unlimited Potential group, that didn't
> sound like a promotion." That's putting it mildly.
> [/quote]
>
> Actually, "Unlimited Potential" resembles the so-called "Linux Reality
> Team" that formulated the bogus FAQ.  Seems many of our faithful Wintrolls
> in this group fit this category.  Sad reality is Linux is succeeding and
> succeeding well.  There really is no more need to advocate Linux.  We have
> won.  They'll be able to hang their reality team sign at the edge of their
> beds in a nursing home.

"Unlimited Potential" can be called the "Anti-Linux Squad". Its role is to dump
software and very often hardware as well in places where Linux is just about
to take over. I could give you recent examples.

It's as ethical as Gates' wallet and as generous as it takes to eliminate
competition.

>> Recent:
>>
>> Windows exec Poole leaving Microsoft (Update)
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Microsoft senior vice president Will Poole, a longtime Windows
>> | executive, is retiring from the company, according to a report by ZDNet
>> | blogger Mary Jo Foley this afternoon. No confirmation from Microsoft
>> | yet.
>> |
>> | Poole would be the latest executive to leave the company since Windows
>> | Vista's launch. Others include Rob Short and Michael Sievert.
>> `----
>>
>> http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/microsoft/archives/136482.asp?source=rss
>
> Sounds much like Douglas Aircraft Company in the late 1980's.  There were
> drastic changes in leadership, people left in droves.  By mid 1990's,
> it became a company of Boeing.  In 2005, company was bulldozed into the
> ground, land sold.  12 or so story corporate headquarter building that had
> the corporate name in big letters was no more.
>
> Perhaps Microsoft will become a company of Novell?

Microsoft is looking at alternatives businesses, but they return losses, not
much revenue. And the Microsoft brand is tarnished....

--
                ~~ Best of wishes

Microsoft loves competition.
"I’d be glad to help tilt lotus into into the death spiral. I could do it
Friday afternoon but not Saturday. I could do it pretty much any time the
following week."
                --Brad Silverberg, Microsoft
newsgroups3 (79677)
4/17/2008 6:33:48 AM
Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> High Plains Thumper on Thursday :
>
>> Actually, "Unlimited Potential" resembles the so-called
>> "Linux Reality Team" that formulated the bogus FAQ.  Seems
>> many of our faithful Wintrolls in this group fit this
>> category.  Sad reality is Linux is succeeding and succeeding
>> well.  There really is no more need to advocate Linux.  We
>> have won.  They'll be able to hang their reality team sign
>> at the edge of their beds in a nursing home.
>
> "Unlimited Potential" can be called the "Anti-Linux Squad".
> Its role is to dump software and very often hardware as well
> in places where Linux is just about to take over. I could give
> you recent examples.
>
> It's as ethical as Gates' wallet and as generous as it takes
> to eliminate competition.

That is a quaint reminder of the $3 offer to the Far East places
like China for Windows and Office, to undercut efforts there
regarding wholesale replacement of such for legal copies of Linux
and OpenOffice.

>> Sounds much like Douglas Aircraft Company in the late
>> 1980's.  There were drastic changes in leadership, people
>> left in droves.  By mid 1990's, it became a company of
>> Boeing.  In 2005, company was bulldozed into the ground,
>> land sold.  12 or so story corporate headquarter building
>> that had the corporate name in big letters was no more.
>>
>> Perhaps Microsoft will become a company of Novell?
>
> Microsoft is looking at alternatives businesses, but they
> return losses, not much revenue. And the Microsoft brand is
> tarnished....

Seeing the exodus of top leadership within the corporation seems
to reflect instability.  The rash of lawsuits over the past
decade and recent developments with the EU over the past 3 years
has been a money drain.  It may seem like peanuts to overall
cashflow, but it has caused people IMHO to start looking for
alternatives.

Those alternatives leave Linux, Apple, Unix and derivatives.
Linux is the only one with widespread support through the likes
of RedHat, Novell, Canonical and others.

Usage is much more widespread than the troll take of 0.6%.  I
think we will see interesting paradigm shifts in the next 5 - 7
years.  And it won't be Windows 7.

--
HPT