[News] GNU/Linux More Polished Then Windows, Mac OS X

The main problem with Windows Vista

,----[ Quote ]
| On top of this, Vista wasn't fully baked when it was released. The huge
| number of articles that suggested waiting for the first service pack is a
| testament to that.
|
| In fairness, the same can be said of Apple. Leopard (Mac OS X 10.5) too, was
| far from fully baked when it was released. In this regard at least, Linux
| shines. There is no marketing department or sales department at Linux
| headquarters pushing the operating system out the door before the programmers
| say it's ready. In fact, there are no Linux headquarters at all.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13554_3-10034486-33.html

Related:

Massive Data Loss Bug in Leopard

,----[ Quote ]
| Aaaand … poof!
|
| The directory on our Desktop is now gone. The directory shown in the C$ mount
| will only contain files that were copied entirely before the connection was
| disrupted, but nothing more (in the demonstration case, there’s only one file
| in "test", so nothing was copied successfully).
|
| [...]
|
| Where’s the rest of our data?
|
| Apple, please FTFF already. This is unacceptable.
`----

http://tomkarpik.com/articles/massive-data-loss-bug-in-leopard/

Leopard early adopters suffer for the rest of us

,----[ Quote ]
| Mac OS X 10.5.1 will likely arrive around Thanksgiving with fixes for most of
| the problems encountered by the brave early adopters.
`----

http://www.news.com/8301-13579_3-9809571-37.html

Some Leopard upgraders see 'blue screen of death'

,----[ Quote ]
| A significant number of Mac owners upgrading to Leopard on Friday reported
| that after installing the new operating system, their machines locked up,
| showing only an interminable -- and very Windows-like -- "blue screen of
| death."
`----

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=printArticleBasic&articleId=9044378

New iMacs plagued by interface freezing issues

,----[ Quote ]
| A growing number of users have reported that Apple's aluminum all-in-one
| computers suffer from a flaw that locks up the interface, rendering the
| system all but inert until a reboot.
`----

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/07/10/03/new_imacs_plagued_by_interface_freezing_issues.html

Apple Arrogance Unleashed!

,----[ Quote ]
| But the only problem with Apple is that it has no gratitude. Or humility. Or
| generosity. Or manners.
|
| I'm a big fan of Apple products. But there's no escaping the fact that Apple
| has always been, well, arrogant. Which was fine -- their superiority complex
| has always been both partially deserved and one of the company's motivations
| to strive for better things. But in the past few months, the company seems to
| have crossed some kind of invisible line, now brazenly pissing off not just
| competitors, but its most devoted fans, closest partners and industry
| supporters.
`----

http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/cnews/article.php/3703216
0
newsgroups3 (79677)

[News] [Linux] Man Chooses Linux Over Mac OS X, Windows
Which OS for Ruby on Rails development? ,----[ Quote ] | I've had experience using Linux servers (no GUIs), so I figured I | could always drop back to the command line if something broke and | I've had to once or twice during installations. But overall I have | been pleasantly surprised at how civil an experience it has been. `---- http://falkayn.blogspot.com/2007/05/which-os-for-ruby-on-rails-development.html ...

[News] [Linux] Mark Pigrim Satisfied with GNU/Linux, Having Ditched Mac OS X
One year with Linux ,----[ Quote ] | Any modern Linux distribution presents a good "out of the box" | experience, with friendly defaults and familiar metaphors. But a | year ago, several people recommended that I try alternative window | managers, and at the time, I didn't understand why. Now I do. It's | difficult to explain. People say that Ruby On Rails is | "opinionated software." I suppose all software reflects the opinions | of its authors, but some are certainly more opinionated than others, | and window managers, as a class, are more opinionated than m...

[News] Many Reasons for Linux on the Server; GNU/Linux Beats Mac OS X

[News] Mac OS X-Like Dock for GNU/Linux Reviewed by Linux.com
KXDocker: More than a task manager ,----[ Quote ] | The basic idea behind Mac OS X's Dock is that when you need an | application, you click on its icon on an on-screen bar, and the | application is launched (if it has not been yet) or switched to | (if it has). Stefano Zingarini has borrowed this concept for | KXDocker, a KDE variation of OS X's Dock (which is also usable | with GNOME and other desktop environments). `---- http://applications.linux.com/article.pl?sid=06/12/28/1956207&from=rss Related: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VekgyKQoTeM&NR http://www.youtube.com/wa...

[News] What Sets Apart GNU/Linux from Windows and Mac OS X

[News] GNU/Linux Can do SO MUCH MORE Than Windows and Mac OS X
What is the coolest thing you can do using Linux that you can't do with Windows or on a Mac? ,----[ Quote ] | Someone asked me this recently. I don't have just one answer. I compiled a | list of things I thought of and emailed it to my friend...then I thought I | would post it here for future reference. Feel free to add to the list! There | is also a forums thread on the same topic, that I remembered as I complied my | thoughts, so I stole some of the ideas posted there. | | 1. Upgrade to the newest version legally and without paying money | 2. Have the latest version of the ...

[News] Greatest Threat to Windows is GNU/Linux, Not Mac OS X

[News] Trying Mac OS X, Windows... But Ending Up with GNU/Linux

[News] Experiment with GNU/Linux Shows Where it Beats Mac OS X and Windows

[News] Story Explains Why GNU/Linux is Better Than Mac OS X, Windows

[News] Where GNU/Linux is Ahead of Mac OS X and Windows: Terminal Applications

[News] Op-Ed: GNU/Linux is Better Than Mac OS X (and Windows)

[News] How OLPC Rejected Mac OS X and Windows, Went with GNU/Linux Instead

[News] GNU/Linux Can Run as Text, Unlike Windows and Mac OS X

[News] GNU/Linux Saves the Day, Windows and Mac OS X Behind in the Area

[News] GNU/Linux Claimed Better Than Mac OS X, Vista's Dim View Leads to Linux
Why Mac OS X Sucks and Linux Rocks ,----[ Quote ] | For now, I decided to quit using Leopard (except when I want to take funny | and distorted pictures), and I am more determined than ever in making Linux | (Xubuntu) fully compatible with my Macbook Pro. You may ask why I think Linux | rocks. `---- http://www.junauza.com/2008/04/why-mac-os-x-sucks-and-linux-rocks.html With Vista's View Getting Dimmer, Should You Give Linux A Chance? ,----[ Quote ] | Ease of use. WHAT!?! Ease of use? Yes. I've said it now. It's easy to use. CD | based install (or even one that will go ove...

[News] Chrome on GNU/Linux "Ridiculously Faster" Than on Mac OS X and Windows

[News] Desktop Survey (Eclipse): GNU/Linux: 27%, Windows: 64%, Mac OS X: 6.9%

[News] Windows and Mac OS X Beg for PHP Room (GNU/Linux at 95% Market Share in Zend)

[News] Desktop GNU/Linux a Better Mac Than Mac OS X

[News] Why GNU/Linux and Not Mac OS X

[News] New GNU/Linux Distribution Called Lin-X Looks Just Like Mac OS X

Web resources about - [News] GNU/Linux More Polished Then Windows, Mac OS X - comp.os.linux.advocacy

Northern Black Polished Ware - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Northern Black Polished Ware culture (abbreviated NBPW or NBP ) of the Indian Subcontinent (c. 700–200 BC) is an Iron Age culture, succeeding ...

Polished - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Available for use under a Creative Commons 2.0 License with the following notice and link to jronaldlee.com: Photo © 2010 J. Ronald Lee If you ...

Polished - YouTube
Welcome to Polished, where an ordinary world becomes extraordinary! Polished is a collection of your beauty loving best friends. We put up videos ...

Neil Finn laments over-polished modern songs
Crowded House rocker urges young musicians to embrace sounds of struggle.

Game, Seth and match to a polished newcomer
He sings, he dances and he tells boob jokes. What's not to like about debut Academy Awards host Seth MacFarlane?

Grease Monkey: Braddon's car yard heritage polished up for business
On an avenue which is being redeveloped at breakneck speed, veteran Canberra restaurateur Socrates Kochinos has pinned his heart on keeping some ...

Airstream the riveted and polished aluminium caravans
Airstream the riveted and polished aluminium caravans

Airstream the riveted and polished aluminium caravans
Airstream the riveted and polished aluminium caravans

GIF Brewery 3 brings a polished animated GIF-creating experience to the Mac
GIF Brewery has long been my go to app for creating high-quality GIF animations on the Mac. It’s always been relatively easy to use, yet features ...

Wonder Why Zuckerberg Is More Polished in Public? Thank His New Speechwriter.
Dex Torricke-Barton, the words man behind Zuckerberg. All eyes were on Mark Zuckerberg as he took the stage at a tech conference two weeks ago. ...