[News] Google Releases More Free Software in Its Conference, New Web Fonts

Google Wave: Now open to the public

Google Fonts Directory, Open Source Fonts For The Websites

,----[ Quote ]
| Google has released an exciting tool for
| website owners: Google Fonts Directory. All
| the fonts in this directory are available
| for use on any website under an open source
| license and served by Google servers. To use
| Google Fonts on websites, the site owners
| need to put a one line code in the head
| section of webpage. Here is an example page,
| created by me, which uses the Lobster font
| available in the Google Fonts gallery.

Version: GnuPG v1.4.10 (GNU/Linux)

5/21/2010 7:40:41 AM
comp.os.linux.advocacy 121569 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Similar artilces about - [News] Google Releases More Free Software in Its Conference, New Web Fonts:

[News] More Good News for Linux-based Handset Devices
Esmertec And Yuhua TelTech Set New Benchmark With 1-stop Solution For Linux-Based Mobile Devices ,----[ Quote ] | Esmertec announced that Yuhua TelTech, a Chinese Independent Design | House (IDH) for mobile devices, has chosen Esmertec's 1-stop solution | for its Linux-based platform for mobile devices and smart phones. The | platform will be shipped on Linux-based handset devices for the | European and Chinese market at the end of December 2006. `---- http://linux.sys-con.com/read/310276_p.htm Linux is becoming big in China's mobile industry. It is disruptive enough to have had Bal...

[News] [Rival] More Microsoft Lawsuits, Antitrust

RELEASED Python 2.3.6, FINAL
--nextPart2426416.rNkANv2Xk5 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline On behalf of the Python development team and the Python community, I'm happy to announce the release of Python 2.3.6 (FINAL). Python 2.3.6 is a security bug-fix release. While Python 2.5 is the latest version of Python, we're making this release for people who are still running Python 2.3. Unlike the recently released 2.4.4, this release only contains a small handful of security-related bugfixes. See the website for more. * Py...

[News] Zenwalk Linux Pleases Reviewer
Zenwalk 4.8 Review ,----[ Quote ] | I am just in love with xfce based distributions; they are fast, simple and | elegant and Zenwalk is no exception. It has a really good control center and | out-of-box multimedia support. `---- http://simplyjat.blogspot.com/2007/11/zenwalk-48-review.html Related: Releases : Zenwalk 4.8 is ready ,----[ Quote ] | The Zenwalk Team is happy to announce the Zenwalk 4.8 release. | | After several release-candidates, it seems that we are ready for a very | stable release. Overall, testers have found Zenwalk 4.8 the fastest version | ever.   `---- ...

[ANN] LB Booster version 1.84 released
I'm pleased to announce the release of LB Booster version 1.84; it may be downloaded from here: http://www.lbbooster.com/LBB.exe (IDE/compiler) http://www.lbbooster.com/LBBRUN.exe (optional runtime engine) This new version addresses a few issues which have been identified since the last release, including: 1. The DATE$ function has improved compatibility with LB4, in particular it will accept many more (undocumented) input formats such as DATE$("Feb/29/2012"). DATE$ may also be used for validation, so for example DATE$("Feb/29/2011") returns zero becau...

[News] Macs are Great... Linux Boxes
Mac Mini becomes Linux-based IP PBX ,----[ Quote ] | An East German company will soon begin selling an IP-PBX setup based | on a Mac Mini running Linux. 4S Newcom's iBlue package comes with an | iPod Shuffle that acts as a boot device for the Mac Mini, plus five | Linux-based VoIP phones. `---- http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS8680369796.html Linus argues that while the hardware/box looks attractive, it is actually a PITA to work with (its firmware). On Tue, 17 Oct 2006 07:55:01 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote: > Mac Mini becomes Linux-based IP PBX > > ,----[ Quote ] >| An...

[News] IBM Thinkpads Sold with SUSE Linux, Full Support Included
This relates to Lenovo's recent annoncement. ThinkPad--now with Suse Linux ,----[ Quote ] | In addition, Lenovo will provide Linux support for the laptop, | including drivers and its ThinkVantage technologies found on ThinkPad | loaded with Microsoft's Windows operating system, he said. `---- http://news.com.com/2100-1005_3-6105543.html?part=rss&tag=6105543&subj=news ...

News about SAS
Dear SAS Users, The user acceptance testing period has been completed without any problems reported. Please make sure you do not leave any SAS processes running overnight or scheduled to be run overnight as Darin will be switching us to the new machine tonight or early tomorrow morning. This will be transparent, your usual sas8 and sas6 command will now run on the new machine. If you should get a message asking to validate the 'host' abraham .... just say 'yes'! Happy SAS'ing on our smaller, faster machine.... I will be on vacation tomorrow, please let the help desk kno...

New WAN: 3 Sites, MPLS Cisco 1841's
Hi, new here, hoping to solicite some opinions: We have decided to move from an VPN based WAN over the Internet, to an MPLS solution from Verizon. Driving factors? Performance (high bandwidth apps, VOIP etc.) Reliability (no upstream provider who doesnt care about us). Here is the quetion: The network is comprised of three sites, a datacenter and two remote offices. Each site will be equiped with a Cisco 1841. All internet traffic will flow through the datacenter. Should we use BGP or static routing? The network will likely grow to additional sites, but not more than one / year or two at mo...

[News] AlwaysOn 100 Innovators Choose MySQL
MySQL Used By Majority Of "AlwaysOn 100" Innovators ,----[ Quote ] | It is no coincidence that the majority of these "Hot 100" start-ups are | using the MySQL open source database to power their IT infrastructure, | Web sites and products. `---- http://sourcewire.com/releases/rel_display.php?relid=26506&hilite= ...

Free Spreadsheet ?
I'm having difficulty finding a free spreadsheet for the Palm. I'm not looking for anything fancy or advanced, but a simple spreadsheet software that's do common things. Any suggestions? *********************************** FROM BERNARD, of FRANCE : Hi, I am also very interested by the same subject. I've faund MINICALC, but i need key after 30 days. If anybody has one key of Minicalc.....a very good product at least. regards "Arctic Wolf" <SpamShield-ArcticWolf@mail.com> a �crit dans le message de news:bo0m7q$164amr$1@ID-184215.news....

[News] Nimblex GNU/Linux Customised for Users via the Web

Re: DECnet positively in the news #2
Bob Koehler <koehler@EISNER.NOSPAM.ENCOMPASSERVE.ORG> writes ... >[...] > > You may already be aware of this, but DECnet is available on Linux - > > http://linux-decnet.sourceforge.net/index.html > > DECnet is available on just about everything. I can't remember the > last time I had a system that I couldn't get Phase IV for. (Maybe > it was my DECSYSTEM 20's before Phase IV shipped?) I have some consolation for those not as fortunate as Mr. Koehler (e.g. not as well-funded, or simply lacking the time to install DECnet, or even using so...

[VERY ot] WEB sources of middle school MATH word problems
Why post here? 1. If you weren't good at restating and solving you wouldn't be here ;) 2. Many are parent/grand-parent/.... 3. I'm an >60 bachelor needing help whose mother threatened him with "kids JUST like him" :) I'm attempting to tutor a 15 yro ADHD male who has TOO GOOD A MEMORY. [ He remembers _answers_ teacher got when solving homework for class. He _DOES NOT_ remember process. ] I've done some *PRELIMINARY* Google searches. [ And just in case someone else is going in this direction, I like http://mathforum.org/d...

[News] When You Use Microsoft Windows, You Share Your Desktop with Feds
German government sees itself in good company with online searches ,----[ Quote ] | The spyware then sent information on all internet connections and websites | visited to the FBI, who then arrested the pupil. However, in contrast to the | planned procedure in Germany, CIPAV does not transfer the content of | communications or files. `---- http://www.heise.de/english/newsticker/news/94988/from/rss09 Related: FBI ducks questions about its remotely installed spyware ,----[ Quote ] | There are plenty of unanswered questions about the FBI spyware that, as we | reported earlier this we...

[News] [Linux] Novell Answers Tough Questions on Microsoft IP
Novell sheds (a little) more light on its patent access deal ,----[ Quote ] | Q. How does Microsoft promising not sue Novell customers gives | Novell engineers sanctioned access to Microsoft code? | | [...] | | In fact, I would suggest that the answer to the first question makes it | clear that the patent access granted by the technical collaboration | agreement and the patent covenant not to sue customers are completely | unrelated. | | It certainly appears to be at odds with Steinman's earlier statement: "the | intellectual property agreement provided a foundation for the | in...

C-Kermit 9.0 nearing release
C-Kermit 9.0 will be released soon, it's in Beta test now: http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/ck90.html I've built it on a few VMS systems but I don't have the kind of access I once did. Anyone who's interested to see that the new (and first Open Source) release works OK on VAX, Alpha, and Itanium in different VMS releases, please give it a spin and let me know the results. Thanks, Frank On Jun 22, 12:30=A0pm, Frank da Cruz <f...@panix.com> wrote: > C-Kermit 9.0 will be released soon, it's in Beta test now: > > =A0http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/ck90.html ...

what's new in 2001
Does someone have a quick cheat-sheet type summary of what's new in the 2001 standard and would be willing to post it (or mail it to me)? I need to plan for incorporating some or all of the 2001 changes in our in-house simulator. I am aware of the following things to address. always @* new declaration syntaxes (prototype-like declarations) signed constants/regs <<< and >>> shifts :+ and :- in bit specs generate statements Are there other things I should potentially have on my list? Thanks for your time, ...

Comp.software-eng mini-FAQ (weekly) #76
Last-Modified: 29 Feb 2000 Archive-name: software-eng/mini Welcome to comp.software-eng, a newsgroup for discussion of software engineering and related topics. This mini-FAQ is posted weekly, as a reminder of where to find the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) postings, which appear about every four weeks. The information in the FAQs and the comp.software-eng archives is available through the World-Wide Web at <URL:http://www.cs.queensu.ca/FAQs/SE/> and also <URL:http://www.cs.queensu.ca/Software-Engineering/> Everything visible through the Web is also available via FTP; the ab...

Have you heard the GOOD NEWS?
http://www3.boxke.net << click link for the good news google_groups_usa@yahoo.com wrote: > <snip> << click link for the good news Someone has created a DWIM compiler? [clicks link] Bill, never mind. -- http://billpg.me.uk/ usenet(at)billpg(dot)me(dot)uk ...

LONG [News Digest] Linux News Digest for the 24hrs preceding 09-10-07
In today's digest, we have: * Linux Myths Get Broken and Windows Realities Revealed * Novell Gets Greedy (Wants OpenOffice.org for Itself) * [Rival] Resource Hogs and Faulty Computers from Proprietary Vendors * [Rival] Bringing Windows 'Reliability' to People's Health Verdicts * Video: xwinwrap Does Animated Backgrounds in Linux * IBM Chooses Linux in New Google Collaboration * Big New Release for Granular Linux (Granular FunWorks 2007) * Open Source Approach Shows Its Advantage; Radiohead Takes the Open Route * [Rival] The Rob Enderle Bozo Gets ...

QOTW: "I still want to keep compile time type checking to make sure I don't make any mistakes." "Sounds like you want two wives, but I'm pretty sure polygamy gets a checkbox in the naughty category on Santa's list" -- George Jempty (commenting on "Dear Open Source Santa," by Paul Browne) http://www.oreillynet.com/onjava/blog/2006/12/dear_open_source_santa.html#comment-384244 "But if you care to give it a closer look, you may understand that Python's main advantage is not seizable by feature and performance charts." -- Soni ...

ANN: a new wiki site to organize and share Calls For Papers (CFP)
Hi All, I would like to recommend a new web site, www.wikicfp.com, which could help you to organize and share "Calls for Papers" on Speech. Why not have a try? http://www.wikicfp.com/cfp/call?conference=speech http://www.wikicfp.com/cfp/call?conference=signal%20processing What's special with WikiCFP ? - You can have your own customized CFP list. - It's easy to share your list with others. - You can organize your list by sorting on various fields. - You can browse CFPs with respect to categories. - You can search CFPs by title, location or category. - There a...

OCR Software?
I'm going to be writing my Master's thesis this spring, and this is going to involve a *lot* of working with text from books, papers, etc. that doesn't come in any kind of electronic form. It occurred to me that it might be useful to invest in a scanner and some OCR software provided that A) good OCR software exists, and B) it isn't prohibitively expensive. It's been several years since I looked at what was available (we were all still using OS 9 at the time, as I recall), and none of it was very good. Hopefully the state of things has improved. Does anyone have ...

[News] The MAFIAA and Jammie Thomas Unable to Settle