[News] IBM and HP on GNU/Linux Servers; GNU/Linux Servers Vendor (Filtering) Adopts IPv6

0
newsgroups3 (79677)

[News] Review of Miniature GNU/Linux Server (OpenBlock), More GNU/Linux Servers

[News] Large Server Farms Run GNU/Linux, Zarafa Targets More GNU/Linux Servers

[News] PIKA Makes GNU/Linux VoIP Servers, SYNAQ Makes GNU/Linux Mail/Security Servers

[News] Gains for GNU/Linux in Datacentres, Hilti Moves to GNU/Linux Servers

[News] Ubuntu Offers GNU/Linux Server Education, Examiner Teaches GNU/Linux

[News] Applications for Education in GNU/Linux Servers, Cloud Linux Find New Server Partners

[News] IBM Converts from Solaris to GNU/Linux Server, Cisco Unveils More Linux

[News] New GNU/Linux Distribution Targets Servers, IBM Puts Linux in Mainframes

[News] IBM Could Replace Solaris with GNU/Linux, Advertise GNU/Linux

[News] Servers Running GNU/Linux Could Get Boost from Oracle, OS X Server Disappoints

[News] [Linux] It's All About GNU/Linux on the DreamWorks Desktops (and Servers)
DreamWorks Animation "Shrek the Third": Linux Feeds an Ogre ,----[ Quote ] | All the big film studios primarily use Linux for animation and | visual effects. Perhaps no commercial Linux installation is larger | than DreamWorks Animation, with more than 1,000 Linux desktops and | more than 3,000 server CPUs. `---- http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/9653 Needless to say, they don't surf the Web with these workstations (yet another reason to ignore Web stats-based figures). Related: ,----[ Quote ] | "Linux is the default operating [system] on desktops and servers at m...

[News] [Linux] Small Business Server Company Goes with GNU/Linux
FileEngine Picks Novell Software for Free Small Business Servers ,----[ Quote ] | The award winning FileEngine small business server adopts Novell'sS | USE Linux Enterprise Server Operating System. `---- http://www.prweb.com/releases/2007/5/prweb528961.htm Related: Open Source: What Companies Are Deploying Now ,----[ Quote ] | Small and mid-size companies have embraced Linux. Now they are taking | up an even broader array of open source technologies. `---- http://www.cioinsight.com/article2/0,1540,2130070,00.asp Next Gen, Mission-Critical Apps To Be Deployed on Linux Says Report ...

[News] GNU/Linux Server Options, HDE Brings Software to Linux

[News] IBM's GNU/Linux and Standards Chief on a Future with GNU/Linux

[News] [Rival] In the United States (Where GNU/Linux Adoption is Worst) GNU/Linux Jumps

[News] A Look at New GNU/Linux Distro (Qubes) and Review of YlmF GNU/Linux OS

[News] Dell Adopt Another GNU/Linux Distribution and Looks Into GNU/Linux-only Devices (ARM)

[News] GNU/Linux Servers/Appliances Simplified With TurnKey, Other Nice Tools for Linux

[News] NASA Uses Ubuntu GNU/Linux, IBM Runs GNU/Linux Guests on Big Irons

[News] Migrations to GNU/Linux Start with... GNU/Linux

[News] [Linux] ~98% of Desktops and Servers in Visual Effects Studios Runs GNU/Linux
Open Source: Ready for Its Closeup ,----[ Quote ] | The growing use of open source tools in filmmaking is not surprising | considering that most major movie studios have more than a passing | familiarity with using Linux as their main operating system. | | "Linux is the default operating [system] on desktops and servers at major | animation and visual effects studios, with maybe 98 percent [or more] | penetration," CinePaint Project Manager Robin Rowe told LinuxInsider. `---- http://www.ecommercetimes.com/rsstory/57300.html Speaking of visual effect, state-of-the-art games ar...

[News] Cray Creates Own GNU/Linux Distribution for Servers; Another Win for Linux Clusters

[News] World's Most Critical Servers Run GNU/Linux, Centrify Backs Linux

[News] Ubuntu GNU/Linux Server Matures, SUSE Linux Enterprise 10 Gets SP3

Web resources about - [News] IBM and HP on GNU/Linux Servers; GNU/Linux Servers Vendor (Filtering) Adopts IPv6 - comp.os.linux.advocacy

Bayesian spam filtering - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
/ ˈ b eɪ z i ə n / BAY -zee-ən ; after Rev. Thomas Bayes ) is a statistical technique of e-mail filtering . It makes use of a naive Bayes classifier ...

Facebook Adds Filtering To Messages, Tests Paid Service
Facebook released an update to its messaging system on Thursday , adding a filtering system and introducing a paid service for U.S. users who ...

Facebook to test option for paid messages between users, announces new filtering controls
... users to pay to send direct messages to another user’s inbox rather than their “other” folder. The social network is also releasing new filtering ...

Filtering mentions - Twitter Blogs
As part of our product development process, we regularly reach out to our partners to better understand what would improve the Twitter experience. ...

StockLight - ASX stocks, charts, filtering tools, shares & research on the App Store
Read reviews, compare customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about StockLight - ASX stocks, charts, filtering tools, shares & research. ...

Google AdSense Category Filtering - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Details at searchengineland.com/google-adsense-testing-category-filt...

Motorcyclists, drivers embrace filtering laws
Motorcyclists and their car-driving colleagues appear to have embraced the ACT's lane filtering laws four months after the pilot program began. ...

Motorbikes 'filtering' between traffic a safer way for Canberra's roads
Road users in the ACT may soon have to become used to motorcyclists legally lane filtering as a potential trial looms.

Yandex launches public DNS service with malicious URL filtering - Internet-based applications and services ...
Russian Web search firm Yandex launched a public DNS (Domain Name System) resolution service on Thursday that leverages the company's existing ...

The Filter Is Dead: Australian Government Dumps Controversial Filtering Project [Updated]
Almost three years ago now, Senator Stephen Conroy stepped up to the plate to deliver a bold new vision. A vision of a filtered, “safer” i... ...