[News] IBM Explains Why Important to Use GNU/Linux, Tom's Hardware Covers Linux

0
newsgroups3 (79677)

[News] IBM's GNU/Linux and Standards Chief on a Future with GNU/Linux

[News] Microsoft's Linux 'Sellouts' Lose to Truly Free GNU/Linux
The World Series of Linux: Round 1 ,----[ Quote ] | But, clearly, Ubuntu shined. It has earned the right to play in the | championship round of The World Series of Linux. The next round will | determine its opponent, as the RPM Round pits SLED 10, Fedora 7 and PCLinuxOS | to compete to pick the best out of those distributions. `---- http://www.crn.com/software/204802194 Guess who lost here? Xandros and Linspire. Here is OpenSUSE losing: First Kubuntu Impressions ,----[ Quote ] | Well, seems like Kubuntu is the clear winner for professional users and also | for enthusiasts. For begi...

[News] Reasons to Use Linux, GNU/Linux Claims 'Victory' over iPod
Why do I use Linux ,----[ Quote ] | I get asked from time to time why do I use Linux. Of course, people use Linux | for many different reasons since people’s priorities vary so much. After | thinking about it a little, I would say these are my personal reason for | using Linux. | | 1.- The Open Source Trend. | | [...] | | 2.- Control. | | [...] | | 3.- I find Linux much more robust, secure, and enjoyable than Windows | | [...] | | 4.- Price. | | [...] | | 5.- Features. `---- http://temporaryland.wordpress.com/2007/12/03/why-do-i-use-linux/ Another case of Linux beating its ...

[News] [Linux] Everyone is Using Linux Already. It's Everywhere.
We're all Linux users ,----[ Quote ] | You see, you may think of yourself as someone who would never use | Linux on a day-in, day-out basis, but you already are. Linux is | everywhere. Now, thanks to efforts from groups and companies such | as Ubuntu, Dell, and Novell, Linux is coming to the personal desktop. `---- http://desktoplinux.com/news/NS6083062770.html Dell Linux is supposed to go live today. Here's the jealous guy (Debian): Dell and Ubuntu: why bother? ,----[ Quote ] | I have a question for Michael Dell - why is he trying to be cute about | the company's foray into ...

[News] [Linux] It's All About GNU/Linux on the DreamWorks Desktops (and Servers)
DreamWorks Animation "Shrek the Third": Linux Feeds an Ogre ,----[ Quote ] | All the big film studios primarily use Linux for animation and | visual effects. Perhaps no commercial Linux installation is larger | than DreamWorks Animation, with more than 1,000 Linux desktops and | more than 3,000 server CPUs. `---- http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/9653 Needless to say, they don't surf the Web with these workstations (yet another reason to ignore Web stats-based figures). Related: ,----[ Quote ] | "Linux is the default operating [system] on desktops and servers at m...

[News] IBM's Server Initiative (GNU/Linux) Far Ahead of Microsoft's

[News] IBM Strives to Turn Sun's/Oracle's UNIX to GNU/Linux

[News] In E-Reader Arena, It's Just Linux vs Linux vs Linux

[News] Linux Foundation Published Interview with IBM's Linux VP

[News] Linux's Increasing Domination in Devices and the Year of GNU/Linux
The Year of Linux ,----[ Quote ] | Linux absolutely is doing well in embedded devices, and I'm sure that trend | is going to continue. But Linux has not yet regained the ground that Unix | lost in the SMB application market. Back in the 80's and even into the 90's, | that market was strongly pro-Unix. A lot of it was SCO, of course, because | this was all before Linux existed. Microsoft took that market away, but I see | no reason that Linux couldn't take it back - Linux SHOULD take it back | because Linux servers make much more sense than Microsoft and of course cost |...

[News] [Linux] IBM's Power6 Chip Released and Supports Linux
IBM introduces Power6 chip ,----[ Quote ] | The company plans to introduce the Power6 chip throughout two | server lines--the System p machines that run Unix and the System | i machines that run the i5/OS operating system. Both systems also | can run Linux. `---- http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9584_22-6185310.html Related: Kernel Comparison for Linux (2.6.18) verses Windows (2003 R2) ,----[ Quote ] | Architectures: Linux Windows | PC x86 Y Y | PC AMD64 Y Y | PC IA-64 Y Y | Alpha Y N | PPC Y N | PPC64 Y ...

[News] [Linux] Photos Show Iranian Education's Move to GNU/Linux
Science and Art Foundation's wonderful work in Bam ,----[ Quote ] | The classes started on 16th December 2006 and they began to | learn about Sharif Linux. This is an open source operating | system, which enables Persian speakers to use the net | effectively, as all the menus and help are in Persian. `---- http://www.payvand.com/news/07/may/1099.html Related: 34 Linux Persian Project plans operational on 10bn Rls budget ,----[ Quote ] | Manager of Linux Persian Project spoke here Monday of putting to use | 34 plans of that project that were commissioned to firms through | tender on...

[News] Google's Linux Phones SDK Becomes a GNU/Linux Distribution
Android SDK in the fly ,----[ Quote ] | The open source community called Vafeo, once more surprises bringing now not | only a full Operational System but one Linux Distro (Vd_android), with | Android SDK built in. In many cases people get bother to mess with the OS | hardDrive in this case, don’t. Because you’re completely able to run it from | your CD, not requiring installation. If you prefer install, you’re free to | choose, just choose where, in second partition, replacing your OS, or also | install in your pen drive. `---- http://www.gphonemodules.com/2008/01/18/anadroid-sdk...

[News] [Linux] 90% of Autodesk's Systems Product Revenue is GNU/Linux
Autodesk F1Q08 (Qtr End 4/30/07) Earnings Call Transcript ,----[ Quote ] | As customers continue to transition away from proprietary high-end | SGI workstations, revenue from our Linux based solutions continues | to show strong growth. In fact this quarter, nearly 90% of our | systems product revenue was Linux based. Overall, I'm very | pleased with our performance this quarter. `---- http://seekingalpha.com/article/35916?source=feed Related: Over 100 Additional Post-production Facilities Adopt Autodesk's Visual Effects and Editing/Finishing Systems ,----[ Quote ] | In April 2006...

[News] Linux Today's Editor on What Makes a Perfect GNU/Linux Desktop

[News] IBM Celebrates Mainframe-GNU/Linux Milestone, Korean Press Covers Linux

[News] Motorola's Older Linux Phones Live on, TomTom's Linux Devices Improve

[News] Microsoft's Shillville Starts GNU/Linux Blog, Linux gazette Released

Web resources about - [News] IBM Explains Why Important to Use GNU/Linux, Tom's Hardware Covers Linux - comp.os.linux.advocacy

Very Important Person (film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Very Important Person (retitled A Coming Out Party in the United States ) is a 1961 British comedy film , directed by Ken Annakin and written ...

Nine Important Facts About Facebook Photo Sync
Now that Facebook’s photo sync feature has officially been rolled out for iOS and Android users, what should users of the social network know ...

Is Derek Fisher More Important Than We Think?
Thanks to a brilliant second-half comeback and some questionable officiating, on Wednesday night the Oklahoma City Thunder beat the San Antonio ...

Delivering important alerts about your app
Today, we’re introducing Developer Alerts , an important step toward making Facebook a more responsive and dependable platform. These alerts ...

Facebook sidebar prompts page likes to ‘Get Important News’
... a new sidebar ad aimed at gaining more page likes. In the sidebar, Facebook shows three pages users should like under the header “Get Important ...

Never miss important Tweets from people you follow - Twitter Blogs
... a new Home timeline feature, giving you the option to see the best Tweets first. Skip to main content Sign in Search Never miss important Tweets ...

The Most Important Interview Question of All Time - Part 1
(NOTE - this is not the ONLY question, just the most important. Make sure you check out THE ANSWER (Part 2) post. Part 3 is for job-seekers on ...

Another debate! This might be very important.
Please talk about it here. And here 's my son John's live-blog, which should be really good.

Why Primaries Are Just As Important As General Elections Sometimes More So
... Democratic Party candidate running for the Long Island seat held by Republican neocon Peter King. Grayson and Law, however, are in important ...

The CEO of one of the hottest, most important startups wants to help you get a higher paying tech job ...
Study after study shows that one of the best jobs in tech these days is the "data scientist." It's a job that's high in demand, with not enough ...