[News] IBM for Linux-on-Cell and Linux-on-Power

Reposted (different source with more details): IBM seeds new embedded Linux
projects in Brazil

,----[ Quote ]
| IBM will expand its Brazilian Linux Technology Center (LTC), in order
| to advance several projects of interest to embedded Linux developers.
| The $2.2M investment will further projects devoted to Linux-on-Cell
| and Linux-on-Power, Linux ease-of-use, virtualization, and
| government security certifications for Linux.
`----

newsgroups3 (79677)

Linux, Linux, Linux

Linux!! Linux!!
From http://groups.google.ca/group/comp.os.linux.misc/about This month 16 t...@invalid.invalid 15 ahlstr...@launchmodem.com 14 goldee_loxnbag...@gmail.com 10 jhas...@newsguy.com 9 mil...@yoyo.org 9 hel...@deepsoft.com 9 hadronqu...@gmail.com 8 ronb02nos...@gmail.com 7 secret...@lxny.org 7 ignoramus8...@nospam.8345.invalid All time 5421 p...@oboe.it.uc3m.es 4508 michael+use...@www.heiming.de 3530 j...@dhh.gt.org 3066 hel...@deepsoft.com 2991 nike_jordan_...@yahoo.com.cn 2651 jdbe...@exit109.com 2474 gra...@visi.com 2216 nikejordangoo...@hotmail.com 1890 rkiesl...@mainmatter.com 1869 unruh-s...@physics.ubc.ca FRom http://groups.google.ca/group/comp.os.linux.setup/about Top posters This month 35 art...@sj.speakeasy.net 25 t...@invalid.invalid 21 a...@zimage.comant 15 Nico Kadel-Garcia 13 n...@youmustbejoking.demon.cu.invalid 8 dwhodg...@nomail.afraid.org 8 jhas...@newsguy.com 7 jul...@tampabay.rr.com 6 karthikbalagur...@gmail.com 5 Doug Freyburger All time 2999 p...@oboe.it.uc3m.es 1752 nka...@comcast.net 1510 scare.c...@oz.land 1458 michael+use...@www.heiming.de 1262 mjtob...@removethis_consultant.com 1132 nka...@bellatlantic.net 1128 kim...@lightlink.com 1106 nos...@nosite.zzz 1047 effla...@xnet.com 1007 m...@scrum.muc.de -- Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nl2k.ab.ca Ici doctor@nl2k.ab.ca God, Queen and country! Never Satan President Republic! Beware AntiChrist rising! http://twitter.com/rootnl2k http://www.faceboo...

My Linux is not your Linux

Why linux is linux

I have Linux! I have Linux!

[News] Linux, Linux, Linux at Acer (Phones and Tablets)

[News] [Linux] The Linux Foundation Improves Linux Printing
Linux Foundation Improves Printing Functionality in Linux With LSB Driver Development Kit ,----[ Quote ] | "The LSB DDK is a direct result of our workgroup efforts and will | make it easier to create distribution-independent printer driver | packages," said Till Kamppeter, OpenPrinting.org manager, The | Linux Foundation. `---- http://new.marketwire.com/2.0/rel.jsp?id=741867&sourceType=1 Related: Real-time Linux simulates toner motion for printer design ,----[ Quote ] | Concurrent reports that its commercial, real-time Linux | implementation for multi-processor AMD Opter...

[News] Everything in Mobile Devices is Linux, Linux, Linux....
Better Than Kindle? ,----[ Quote ] | While I'm thinking about all the things I'd do with it, this is what comes to | my mind: this thing cost around $400. There are few other devices that cost | that much these days: | | * Nokia N810 | * Asus eeePC 701 | * OLPC `---- http://justanystuff.blogspot.com/2007/12/better-than-kindle.html Here's a good early look at Android: Hands on with Android: XML Parsing ,----[ Quote ] | Here is an XML parser that I created to showcase Android’s UI. It retrieves | NBA, MLB and NFL scores off of my web server. The true beauty is ...

[News] Linux-powered TiVo to Play Linux-powered YouTube
TiVo and YouTube to Deliver Web Video to TV ,----[ Quote ] | Pick up the remote, turn on the television — and watch YouTube. | | The user experience envisioned by technology enthusiasts came a step closer | to reality on Wednesday when TiVo, the maker of popular digital video | recorders, announced a partnership with YouTube that will deliver Web video | directly to users’ televisions. `---- http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/12/technology/12cnd-tivo.html?_r=1&oref=slogin Recent: http://www.unixtube.com/ Related: YouTube on the TV with the OSD ,----[ Quote ] | Neuros is certain...

[News] [Linux] New Versions of Engarde Secure Linux, Core Linux, OpenTLE (Thai Linux)
EnGarde Secure Linux 3.0.14 Released ,----[ Quote ] | A fully functional secure Linux platform distribution, this release | features a vastly improved intrusion detection Attack Monitor. `---- http://www.linuxlookup.com/2007/may/04/engarde_secure_linux_3_0_14_released Core GNU/Linux 2.0 Released! ,----[ Quote ] | Core contains nothing beyond what is required to perform these tasks. | Core is primarily designed for experienced Linux users, though it has | found an audience with those looking to learn about the internals | and operation of a Linux system. `---- http://www.coredistro.org/news-20070501 http://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=linuxtle ...

[News] [Linux] IBM Brings Linux to AIX and i5/OS Machines Using New Software
IBM Previews Virtualization Management Tool for Power-Based Boxes ,----[ Quote ] | ...Virtual Availability Manager, within the Systems Director | Virtualization Manager tool will allow customers who deploy a Xen | hypervisor on their Linux-on-X64 servers to create what IBM is | calling a "high availability farm" that can be used to rehost | virtual machine partitions that are taken out by crashes. `---- http://www.itjungle.com/tfh/tfh062507-story07.html On Jun 25, 11:06 am, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@schestowitz.com> wrote: > IBM Previews Virtualization Management To...

[News] Mobile Linux Runs Palm OS Applications; New 3G Linux Phones; Open Linux Phone Made More Attractive
Mobile Linux running Palm OS apps demoed ,----[ Quote ] | Access hopes ALP and its Eclipse-based Developer Suite will | provide a long-awaited forward migration path for the many | thousands of "Garnet OS" (recently renamed from "Palm OS") | applications developed throughout the decades since "Palm-Pilot" | first became a household word, in the 1980s. `---- http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS2968683379.html Linux powers pair of 3G dual-mode phones ,----[ Quote ] | MontaVista says its device-oriented Linux operating system was | used in two new 3G business smartphones from Italian handset | designer Enteos. `---- http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS9710475530.html Open Linux developer phone opens up more ,----[ Quote ] | Trolltech has loosened key licensing restrictions on its | user-modifiable Linux-based mobile phone for open source software | developers. Users of the Greenphone will no longer be restricted to | running Qtopia software on the device, nor to using the device only | in its supplied hardware/software configuration. `---- http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS4872069549.html Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com> espoused: > Mobile Linux running Palm OS apps demoed > > ,----[ Quote ] >| Access hopes ALP and its Eclipse-based Developer Suite will >| provide a long-awaited forward migration path for the many >| thousands of "Garnet OS" (recently renamed from "Palm OS") >| a...

[News] Another Company (6WIND) Raves About Linux, Linux, Linux...

[News] [Linux] Linux Foundation and MontaVista Organise Linux Conferences
Linux Foundation Collaboration Summit ,----[ Quote ] | The first Linux Foundation Collaboration Summit takes place mid | June, featuring the fourth Desktop Architects Meeting, an LSB | face to face meeting and various council meetings. `---- http://liquidat.wordpress.com/2007/06/02/linux-foundation-collaboration-summit/ MontaVista Vision 2007 Embedded Linux Developers Conference... ,----[ Quote ] | Hosted by MontaVista, and including platinum sponsors | Freescale Semiconductor, IBM, Intel, and Texas Instruments, | the Vision 2007 event is expected to bring the latest tips, | technique...

[News] [Linux] IBM Reaches Further to Linux, Development
IBM looks to open up development ,----[ Quote ] | IBM is kicking off an experiment to open up its software development | process in a way that mirrors the creation of open source applications. `---- http://www.itweek.co.uk/vnunet/news/2190484/ibm-looks-open-development IBM pAVEs the way for x86 Linux apps ,----[ Quote ] | Developers could continue to write Linux apps on their x86 | workstations, and then take advantage of the scalability and | efficiencies inherent in the POWER architecture when it comes | time to deploy the app. `---- http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/05/22/ibm-p_ave/ ...

[News] Interviews: Linux Foundation Head on Linux Success; EnGarde Secure Linux Leader on Linux as Primary Solution
Q&A: Jim Zemlin touts the 'second phase' of Linux ,----[ Quote ] | The passion that Ubuntu generates is good for Red Hat and other vendors. We | need to keep our eye on that ball. Their success is ours. `---- http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9027838 The LXer Interview: Dave Wreski of EnGarde Secure Linux ,----[ Quote ] | Open source has slowly but surely shed its skin only as an "alternative" and | is now considered a primary solution. `---- http://lxer.com/module/newswire/view/89907/index.html ...

[News] Linux-powered NAS Improved, Linux-powered Router Shames Cisco
Linux-based NAS gains UI update ,----[ Quote ] | Taiwanese manufacturer Synology has shipped an AJAX-enhanced upgrade to | browser-based management software it ships with its hackable Linux-based NAS | systems. Disk Station Manager (DSM) 2.0 extends Synology's Disk Station and | Cube Station devices with features including video surveillance, photo | blogging, and game system support. `---- http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS4209487281.html Vyatta blows out Cisco routers with study ,----[ Quote ] | Vyatta isn't the biggest dog in networking gear — but it's a wee terrier...

[News] Linux-powered Bubba Two Receives Praise, Linux-powered Kindle Evolves

[News] [Linux] Linux Mint Reaches Milestone, Lightweight Linux Overview
Second Beta of Linux Mint 3.0 Available Now ,----[ Quote ] | I was very happy to find out that this is the first distribution to | include the brand new Pidgin 2.0.0, which replaces Gaim (of course). | Clement also says that Sunbird software might be added in the final | release. `---- http://news.softpedia.com/news/Second-Beta-of-Linux-Mint-3-0-Available-Now-55112.shtml Linux Lite: Small distros for old machines ,----[ Quote ] | One of the reasons why one would get Linux is to make use of old hardware. | Windows Vista, with all the DRMs built in, is bloated beyond belief, | especially w...

[News] [Linux] Linux on Indy 500 Car, Ferrari Uses Linux
Tux500: Intentions Clarified - Battle Lines Drawn ,----[ Quote ] | Monday and Tuesday of this week, the track is closed, so we won't have | a lot of news to report. But Wednesday, the track re-opens, and we | should be able to see what kind of progress has been made on the car setup. `---- http://tux500.com/geeklog/article.php?story=20070514083625638 Ferrari UK Accelerates to Lower IT Costs With Trustix Linux Solutions ,----[ Quote ] | Ferrari UK has chosen Trustix and IBM to incorporate additional Linux | based solutions into its IT infrastructure. `---- http://www.zdnet.fr/livres-bl...

[News] Linux Tech Talk, New Linux Gazette and Linux In A Nutshell

[News] [Linux] Linux-based Recording Studio and Linux at the Indy 500
Daniel James interview (LXF 93) ,----[ Quote ] | Daniel James is the project directory of the audio distro 64 Studio. He set | up 64 Studio Ltd to provide development services to hardware OEMs, and | support to users in studios. James also runs a Linux-based recording studio | near his home on the Isle of Wight. `---- http://www.linuxformat.co.uk/mag/james.html Push for Indy 500's first TeamLinux car stirs controversy ,----[ Quote ] | Tux500 has grabbed the attention of at least one person outside the | Linux community, who has set up a competing project called Vista500. | Speaking ...

Web resources about - [News] IBM for Linux-on-Cell and Linux-on-Power - comp.os.linux.advocacy