[News] If Windows is a Copy of the Competition, Whose OS is GNU/Linux a 'Copy' of?

0
newsgroups3 (79677)

[News] Reasons to Embrace GNU/Linux at OS X's and Windows' Expense

[News] The 'Desktop' Becomes Decreasingly Relevant (to Linux/Windows/Mac OS)
Smartphones Becoming More Popular ,----[ Quote ] | "The nearly three-fold increase in smartphones shows that this once | negligible niche is becoming a more influential force in the consumer | market -- attracting entrants such as Apple and the Open Handset Alliance." `---- http://www.newsfactor.com/story.xhtml?story_id=11300B415VSM Open Handset Alliance, Symbian, and maybe even Apple. Microsoft is far behind with about 5% in terms of market share, which is pathetic after so many years of huge investments. Related: PCs step aside… smarter mobiles are coming ,----[ Quote ] ...

[News] Microsoft's Linux 'Sellouts' Lose to Truly Free GNU/Linux
The World Series of Linux: Round 1 ,----[ Quote ] | But, clearly, Ubuntu shined. It has earned the right to play in the | championship round of The World Series of Linux. The next round will | determine its opponent, as the RPM Round pits SLED 10, Fedora 7 and PCLinuxOS | to compete to pick the best out of those distributions. `---- http://www.crn.com/software/204802194 Guess who lost here? Xandros and Linspire. Here is OpenSUSE losing: First Kubuntu Impressions ,----[ Quote ] | Well, seems like Kubuntu is the clear winner for professional users and also | for enthusiasts. For begi...

[News] [Linux] Another Company Chooses Linux; Oracle's 'Linux Family' Extends Too
Columbitech Taps SUSE Linux Enterprise From Novell to Help Retailers Reach PCI Compliance and Safeguard Customer Data ,----[ Quote ] | This offering will give retailers PCI compliance by securing all | wireless devices and providing secure wireless access to the | back-end systems. `---- http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20070605005558&newsLang=en Momentum continues for Oracle ,----[ Quote ] | Oracle recently announced that momentum continues to build | around the Oracle Unbreakable Linux Support Program (which includes | supp...

[News] Linux' Challenge: Windows Users Too 'Addicted' to Windows Metaphors

[News] 'Windows' Games Runs Seamlessly on GNU/Linux with PlayOnLinux

Web resources about - [News] If Windows is a Copy of the Competition, Whose OS is GNU/Linux a 'Copy' of? - comp.os.linux.advocacy