[News] India Express Publishes Informecial for Gates and Monsanto, Readers Respond

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Gates backs GM crops: tech must help farmers, feed rising population

,----[ Quote ]
| Giving his full support to the use of
| genetic engineering in agriculture,
| Microsoft founder and philanthropist Bill
| Gates today said if the world continued to
| produce food with existing technologies it
| would not be able to feed its increasing
| population.
|
| In an interview with Shekhar Gupta,
| Editor-in-Chief of The Indian Express, for
| NDTV’s Walk The Talk programme, Gates, who
| is on a visit to India for work related to
| his charitable foundation, said the world
| needed newer crops with increased
| productivity, better adaptability to
| changing climatic conditions and the ones
| that use less of insecticides. And these,
| he said, could only be made through
| innovations in agricultural biotechnology
| sector.
|
| “Technology, properly applied, is the
| reason, if you like, why nine billion
| people can live on this planet without
| destroying it,” said Gates who toured
| remote villages in Uttar Pradesh and Bihar
| during his visit.
`----

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/Gates-backs-GM-crops--tech-must-help-farmers--feed-rising-population/619502

GM and Gates

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/GM-and-Gates/619765

from the comments:

"If memory serves me right this author tried the same GM push earlier without any
foresight or vision(As expected :)). Now wait..suddenly by adding Bill Gates into
this mix the author is trying to "cook-up" some credibility around GM food. The idea
 behind organic/sustainable agriculture is for more farmers to embrace it thereby
making it affordable to everyone. Just by mischaracterizing "organic" food as neo
rich is not a solution but pure %u201Cpropaganda%u201D. It%u2019s the same lies
churned out in a new flavor (vanilla with caramel anyone?:)). Again the Gates
foundation which our author harps about...who are they? who funds them? what is
BIG GM companies like Monsanto. Cargill%u2019s role in these orgs?"

"Do people like to eat genetically modified chicken and meat? Do Indian farmers
want to grow genetically modified seeds? Why are the opinion of the Indian farmers missing in this debate?"

They then commit suicide with Monsanto products to protest...

"I concur with Mr Y Srinivas' arguments. Unfortunately our GM science is so poor,
 we have to follow the West to seek innovations and technology. Hope people are
hearing the aftermath of growing Roundup Ready (RR) crops - RR resistant weeds are
emerging fast in the USA. If we depend on foreign technology be rest assured that we
will blackmailed.The editorial here has been influenced by lobbyists."

Recent:

Monsanto targets public radio to spread false biotech messages

,----[ Quote ]
| For years my alarm has been set to pubic
| radio so I can lie in bed for five minutes
| and have a grasp on the day's news before I
| even get up. I, like many other Americans,
| rely on NPR and other public-radio shows for
| news that is what I deem to be as unbiased
| and fair as possible. But this morning my
| ears burned as I listened to an on the
| American Public Media show Marketplace
| sponsored by Monsanto, the world's largest
| corporate agribusiness chemical firm, touting
| how its genetically modified (GM) seeds are
| going to save the world from environmental
| catastrophe and human hunger. It left me
| wondering, particularly in tough economic
| times, how do media ethics hold up? (The GMO
| seed giant has been bombarding liberal-minded
| publications with similar propaganda, see
| image to the right, for months.)
`----

http://www.grist.org/article/national-public-propaganda

0
Reply Roy 5/24/2010 6:20:24 AM

See related articles to this posting

comp.os.linux.advocacy 118579 articles. 12 followers. Post

[News] [Rival] Microsoft Co-founder Gates is Bringing Monsanto Monopoly/Experiment to India, Spreads Misleading 'Research'

[News] [Rival] Gates-funded NPR Promotes Gates-funded Monsanto Thugs

[News] [Rival] Bill Gates' Father Still Working Behind he Scenes, K&L Gates Defends the Monsanto White-collar Crime

[News] [Rival] Microsoft Has Geithner Over After He Was Shilling for Bill Gates and Monsanto

[News] [Rival] Union of the Devils: Monsanto and Gates Share Staff

[News] Gates Foundation Mentioned for Hiring Criminals (Not Just Monsanto Shills)

[News] [Rival] Gates Foundation Promotes GMO/Monsanto, Haitian Farmers Unhappy

Can I use a Newsgroup Reader(like outlook express) to download the news in the group?
Can I use a News group Reader(like outlook express) to download the news in the group? On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 11:31:46 -0500 in message <news:eefcb3c.-1@webx.raydaftYaTP>, Chenguang Wang wrote: > Can I use a News group Reader(like outlook express) to download the > news in the group? Yes! -- A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text. Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing? A: Top-posting. Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail? Thank you ! I know that the mathod is accessing news://newsreader.mathworks.com And another question is: C...

[News] RMS Responds to Media's Gates Obssession and Unethical Software

[News] [Rival] Gates Foundation Not Welcome in Africa (Patent Imperialism with Monsanto and Rockefeller)

[News] Gates Foundry Quits India and Leaves Government to Pay for US Patents

[News] [Rival] Bill Gates Promotes Monopoly Abuse by Monsanto et al. in Africa

[News] New York Time Responds to Readers' Request, Becomes Linux-Friendly
NY Times fixes video site for Linux users ,----[ Quote ] | Looks like roblimo getting the word out worked. Linux users can watch | the flash videos (front page AND video section) without the need for | user-agent switching. Thanks to everyone that polietly asked their | website people to fix the problem. `---- http://digg.com/linux_unix/NY_Times_fixes_video_site_for_Linux_users Relates to: http://images.linux.com/nyCAMclas.swf ...

[News] [Rival] Bill Gates Brings GMO Patent Addiction Scheme to Africa and India

[News] [Rival] The Gates Foundation uses Oxfam (Money Injection) to Lobby for the Monsanto Agenda

[News] India Expresses Its Fear of Microsoft's "Monopoly Enabler"
Open XML's Quick ISO Approval Irks Indian Execs ,----[ Quote ] | "This will have a devastating effect on affordable accessibility | to IT in India," said Jaijit Bhattacharya, director of government | strategy for Sun Microsystems. "This is tantamount to digital | colonialization. For accessing our own information, we would be | forced to pay a 'tax' to an individual firm," he added. `---- http://www.linuxinsider.com/rsstory/55608.html Related: Publish And Perish ,----[ Quote ] | Alexander Rose, the executive director of the futurist Long Now | Foundation, ...

[News] [Rival] Monsanto Backed by Bill Gates to Monopolise World's Food Supply

[News] [Rival] Bill Gates Pays 'Journalists' to Glorify His Atrocious Abuses with Monsanto

[News] PCC Blasts Gates' Greedy Foundation for Imposing Dangerous GMO on Farmers (Monsanto)

[News] Gates Foundation Slammed for Approach in Food Monopoly (Monsanto), 100,000 Indians Fast in Protest

[News] Software Developer Complains About Software Patents, Gates-backed Monsanto Crooks Lead to Backlash with Patented Food

India Telecom News/India Wireless News
Hi, Greetings. Please have a look at the re-structured India Telecom News (incorporating India Wireless News also). www.indiatelecomnews.com We are also pleased to announce our new special package for ADVERTORIAL (advertisement editorial/ sponsored story) - to commensurate our third year anniversary, we are offering discounted rates to publish advertorial (your story/press release/report) and sponsor the newsletter. Looking forward to your continued co-operation and patronage Regards, Krishna Kumar Editorial Manager info@indiatelecomnews.com * India Telecom News (ww...

"dawn job opportunities" "dawn jobs" "dawn jobs page" "dawn jang express jobs" "express news" "express.com" "jang jang" "jang" "jobs dawn" "jobs dawn news" on www.paperpk-jobs.blogspot.com
"dawn job opportunities" "dawn jobs" "dawn jobs page" "dawn jang express jobs" "express news" "express.com" "jang jang" "jang" "jobs dawn" "jobs dawn news" on www.paperpk-jobs.blogspot.com "paperpk" "paper pk" "papers jobs" "dawn job opportunities" "dawn jobs" "dawn jobs page" "dawn jang express jobs" "express news" "express.com" "jang jang" "jang" "jobs dawn" ...

[News] [Rival] (Gates-Funded?) Press Glorifies Gates, Gates-funded Analyst Comments
As Gates departs, a Microsoft forebear carries on ,----[ Quote ] | Al Gillen, an analyst with IDC, said that the operatigovernmentng system | proved historic. "DOS is fundamentally the product that made Microsoft into | the powerhouse it is today," he commented. `---- http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/gates-departs-microsoft-forebear-carries/story.aspx?guid=%7B63FF14D9%2D4559%2D43B9%2D89EE%2DC564E88DEABC%7D&siteid=yhoof http://tinyurl.com/3duxyu Once again the press portrays Gates as though he did not crimes and it quotes a person whose wage is paid by Bill Gates himse...