[News] Intellectual Monopolies Harm Blind People

0
Roy
12/9/2009 7:56:04 PM
comp.os.linux.advocacy 120698 articles. 14 followers. Post Follow

Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com> writes:

> Intellectual Monopolists Scorn the Blind
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | This, then, is the reality of "modern"
> | copyright: it fails to serve huge numbers
> | of people, many of whom are already
> | suffering from discrimination in other
> | ways.
> |
> | Given this situation, various
> | organisations are not unreasonably trying
> | to facilitate access to copyrighted works
> | for those who are visually disabled with a
> | new WIPO treaty that would define basic
> | rights for this group. Who could object to
> | such a humanitarian cause? Well, the
> | publishers, of course.
> `----
>
> http://opendotdotdot.blogspot.com/2009/12/intellectual-monopolists-scorn-blind.html

Should blind people get free cars too Roy? Or maybe free houses? Tell
me, where does your generosity end? What about people with one
leg. Should they get everything for free too?

But wait! Lets read the article ....

,----
| This, then, is the reality of "modern" copyright: it fails to serve huge
| numbers of people, many of whom are already suffering from
| discrimination in other ways.
`----

Uh oh! But its nothing to do with the copyright per se : the publishers
just dont see enough of a market. If you'll excuse the pun.

But lets say for the sake of argument they DO release all this material
"free of charge" so that they can be re formatted for the visually
impaired. Who is going to do it? You? No? Didn't think so. Who will
ensure the world's freetards don't steal it?

You're an idiot Roy.

What about people who are too stupid to get a good job. You for example
Roy. Should you be offered everything for free too since you can't
afford to pay for it?

Where foes you largesse for giving other peoples work away end Roy?

0
Hadron
12/9/2009 8:16:15 PM
Hadron wrote:

> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com> writes:
>
>> Intellectual Monopolists Scorn the Blind
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | This, then, is the reality of "modern"
>> | copyright: it fails to serve huge numbers
>> | of people, many of whom are already
>> | suffering from discrimination in other
>> | ways.
>> |
>> | Given this situation, various
>> | organisations are not unreasonably trying
>> | to facilitate access to copyrighted works
>> | for those who are visually disabled with a
>> | new WIPO treaty that would define basic
>> | rights for this group. Who could object to
>> | such a humanitarian cause? Well, the
>> | publishers, of course.
>> `----
>>
>> http://opendotdotdot.blogspot.com/2009/12/intellectual-monopolists-
scorn-blind.html

> Should blind people get free cars too Roy? Or maybe free houses? Tell
> me, where does your generosity end? What about people with one
> leg. Should they get everything for free too?

And here we have it again: Hadron Snot Quark will deny to the blind even
those scarce books / magazines too. After all, who pays for them? Such a
small market. No worth bothering with.

And to hell with sympathy and charity for those who are already suffering.
If they can't pay for it, they are worthless.

This is, in short terms, the worthless asshole Hadron Quark.

Did you know, you crimnally stupid POS, that for example the german weekly
magazine "Der Stern" is distributing braille-versions for the blind *free*
*of* *charge* to blind people?
Do they get ripped off because of that by "freetards"? Try to think (I
know you can't, but try anyway) why this is not the case

< snip more idiocy from the worlds most worthless piece of shit >
--
Any idiot can run XP. And usually does. Hadron certainly does

0
Peter
12/9/2009 9:36:20 PM
On 2009-12-09, Hadron <hadronquark@gmail.com> wrote:

> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com> writes:
>
>> Intellectual Monopolists Scorn the Blind
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | This, then, is the reality of "modern"
>> | copyright: it fails to serve huge numbers
>> | of people, many of whom are already
>> | suffering from discrimination in other
>> | ways.
>> |
>> | Given this situation, various
>> | organisations are not unreasonably trying
>> | to facilitate access to copyrighted works
>> | for those who are visually disabled with a
>> | new WIPO treaty that would define basic
>> | rights for this group. Who could object to
>> | such a humanitarian cause? Well, the
>> | publishers, of course.
>> `----
>>
>> http://opendotdotdot.blogspot.com/2009/12/intellectual-monopolists-scorn-blind.html
>
> Should blind people get free cars too Roy? Or maybe free houses? Tell

    No one is getting anything they haven't paid for.

    No one is arguing that some class of people should.

[deletia]

--
	Nothing quite gives you an understanding of mysql's         |||
	popularity as does an attempt to do some simple date       / | \

> <utter contemptible bile snipped>

This is your daily reminder to take your lithium pill, "Hadron".

You have serious anger issues.

Consider the furniture!

--
No violence, gentlemen -- no violence, I beg of you!  Consider the furniture!
		-- Sherlock Holmes

> Hadron wrote:
>>
>> Should blind people get free cars too Roy? Or maybe free houses? Tell
>> me, where does your generosity end? What about people with one
>> leg. Should they get everything for free too?
>
> And here we have it again: Hadron Snot Quark will deny to the blind even
> those scarce books / magazines too. After all, who pays for them? Such a
> small market. No worth bothering with.
>
> And to hell with sympathy and charity for those who are already suffering.
> If they can't pay for it, they are worthless.

And not only that, "Hadron" viciously insults Roy over the post.  If you
care to read "Hadron"'s writing in that post, it is almost shocking how much
it drips of bile and anger.

"Hadron" has a serious screw loose.

> This is, in short terms, the worthless asshole Hadron Quark.
>
> Did you know, you crimnally stupid POS, that for example the german weekly
> magazine "Der Stern" is distributing braille-versions for the blind *free*
> *of* *charge* to blind people?
> Do they get ripped off because of that by "freetards"? Try to think (I
> know you can't, but try anyway) why this is not the case
>
> < snip more idiocy from the worlds most worthless piece of shit >
> --
> Any idiot can run XP. And usually does. Hadron certainly does

"Hadron" is as mad as a hatter.  Seriously, if you look at the totality of
"Hadron"'s postings to COLA, you have to conclude that "Hadron" is crazy.

--
Tongue embedded and thrashing around wildly. Liarnut gets a stiffy thinking
Rexx treats him as an equal. It amuses me he doesn't realise what a
On Wed, 09 Dec 2009 18:18:21 -0500, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

> Peter K??hlmann pulled this Usenet boner:
>
>> Hadron wrote:
>>>
>>> Should blind people get free cars too Roy? Or maybe free houses? Tell
>>> me, where does your generosity end? What about people with one leg.
>>> Should they get everything for free too?
>>
>> And here we have it again: Hadron Snot Quark will deny to the blind even
>> those scarce books / magazines too. After all, who pays for them? Such a
>> small market. No worth bothering with.
>>
>> And to hell with sympathy and charity for those who are already
>> suffering. If they can't pay for it, they are worthless.
>
> And not only that, "Hadron" viciously insults Roy over the post.  If you
> care to read "Hadron"'s writing in that post, it is almost shocking how
> much it drips of bile and anger.
>
> "Hadron" has a serious screw loose.

Boy, has he.

>> This is, in short terms, the worthless asshole Hadron Quark.
>>
>> Did you know, you crimnally stupid POS, that for example the german
>> weekly magazine "Der Stern" is distributing braille-versions for the
>> blind *free* *of* *charge* to blind people?
>> Do they get ripped off because of that by "freetards"? Try to think (I
>> know you can't, but try anyway) why this is not the case
>>
>> < snip more idiocy from the worlds most worthless piece of shit > --
>> Any idiot can run XP. And usually does. Hadron certainly does

And in *spite* of the wintroll's bluster about "using Linux", it *shows*.

<Quote>
I'm a long term Windows user and programmer.
<unquote>
Hadron - alt.os.linux.ubuntu

> "Hadron" is as mad as a hatter.  Seriously, if you look at the totality of
> "Hadron"'s postings to COLA, you have to conclude that "Hadron" is crazy.

He's a twisted, bitter nutcase.

--
Linux. The Malicious Software Removal
tool which wipes Windows from your PC in

0
William
12/10/2009 12:01:42 AM
In article <2593457.9SDvczpPoe@schestowitz.com>,
 Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com> wrote:

> Intellectual Monopolists Scorn the Blind

In the US, at least, the Blind are not scorned. See 17 USC 121:

   Notwithstanding the provisions of section 106 [17 USC 106], it is
   not an infringement of copyright for an authorized entity to
   reproduce or to distribute copies or phonorecords of a previously
   published, nondramatic literary work if such copies or phonorecords
   are reproduced or distributed in specialized formats exclusively for
   use by blind or other persons with disabilities.

It defines "authorized entity" thus:

   "authorized entity" means a nonprofit organization or a governmental
   agency that has a primary mission to provide specialized services
   relating to training, education, or adaptive reading or information
   access needs of blind or other persons with disabilities;

--
--Tim Smith
0
Hadron <hadronquark@gmail.com> wrote:

> Should blind people get free cars too Roy? Or maybe free houses? Tell
> me, where does your generosity end? What about people with one
> leg. Should they get everything for free too?

<snip>

> What about people who are too stupid to get a good job.

<snip>

> Where foes you largesse for giving other peoples work away end Roy?

Tell Godwin to stand by.

0
owl
12/10/2009 2:04:42 AM
owl <owl@rooftop.invalid> writes:

> Hadron <hadronquark@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Should blind people get free cars too Roy? Or maybe free houses? Tell
>> me, where does your generosity end? What about people with one
>> leg. Should they get everything for free too?
>>

> <snip>
>
>> What about people who are too stupid to get a good job.
>
> <snip>
>
>> Where foes you largesse for giving other peoples work away end Roy?
>>

> Tell Godwin to stand by.

That has no link whatsoever to Godwin's law.

0
Hadron
12/10/2009 2:23:31 AM
Hadron <hadronquark@gmail.com> wrote:
> owl <owl@rooftop.invalid> writes:
>
>> Hadron <hadronquark@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Should blind people get free cars too Roy? Or maybe free houses? Tell
>>> me, where does your generosity end? What about people with one
>>> leg. Should they get everything for free too?
>>>

>> <snip>
>>
>>> What about people who are too stupid to get a good job.
>>
>> <snip>
>>
>>> Where foes you largesse for giving other peoples work away end Roy?
>>>

>> Tell Godwin to stand by.
>
> That has no link whatsoever to Godwin's law.

I think the fact that you come across as a Nazi makes the link.

0
owl
12/10/2009 3:49:00 AM
On Wed, 09 Dec 2009 21:16:15 +0100, Hadron<hadronquark@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com> writes:
>
>> Intellectual Monopolists Scorn the Blind
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | This, then, is the reality of "modern"
>> | copyright: it fails to serve huge numbers
>> | of people, many of whom are already
>> | suffering from discrimination in other
>> | ways.
>> |
>> | Given this situation, various
>> | organisations are not unreasonably trying
>> | to facilitate access to copyrighted works
>> | for those who are visually disabled with a
>> | new WIPO treaty that would define basic
>> | rights for this group. Who could object to
>> | such a humanitarian cause? Well, the
>> | publishers, of course.
>> `----
>>
>> http://opendotdotdot.blogspot.com/2009/12/intellectual-monopolists-scorn-blind.html
>
>Should blind people get free cars too Roy? Or maybe free houses? Tell
>me, where does your generosity end? What about people with one
>leg. Should they get everything for free too?
>
>But wait! Lets read the article ....
>
>,----
>| This, then, is the reality of "modern" copyright: it fails to serve huge
>| numbers of people, many of whom are already suffering from
>| discrimination in other ways.
>`----
>
>Uh oh! But its nothing to do with the copyright per se : the publishers
>just dont see enough of a market. If you'll excuse the pun.
>
>But lets say for the sake of argument they DO release all this material
>"free of charge" so that they can be re formatted for the visually
>impaired. Who is going to do it? You? No? Didn't think so. Who will
>ensure the world's freetards don't steal it?
>
>You're an idiot Roy.
>
>What about people who are too stupid to get a good job. You for example
>Roy. Should you be offered everything for free too since you can't
>afford to pay for it?
>
>Where foes you largesse for giving other peoples work away end Roy?

As you can see by my headers, I no longer use Linux as my primary
operating system. Why is this?

It is mainly down to individuals like you, and those who are intent on
the self-destruction of Linux and the personal attacks on it's users.

Remember - one day you may be in a similar situation (to me). I can
think of no-one more who deserves this dubious honor.
0
Tony
12/10/2009 8:02:26 AM
Tony(UK) stated in post 55a1i55iiir29qbaadtck5aa2ajiv8kqb8@4ax.com on
12/10/09 1:02 AM:

> On Wed, 09 Dec 2009 21:16:15 +0100, Hadron<hadronquark@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com> writes:
>>
>>> Intellectual Monopolists Scorn the Blind
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]

>>> `----
>>>
>>> http://opendotdotdot.blogspot.com/2009/12/intellectual-monopolists-scorn-bli
>>> nd.html
>>
>> Should blind people get free cars too Roy? Or maybe free houses? Tell
>> me, where does your generosity end? What about people with one
>> leg. Should they get everything for free too?
>>
>> But wait! Lets read the article ....
>>
>> ,----
>> | This, then, is the reality of "modern" copyright: it fails to serve huge
>> | numbers of people, many of whom are already suffering from
>> | discrimination in other ways.
>> `----
>>
>> Uh oh! But its nothing to do with the copyright per se : the publishers
>> just dont see enough of a market. If you'll excuse the pun.
>>
>> But lets say for the sake of argument they DO release all this material
>> "free of charge" so that they can be re formatted for the visually
>> impaired. Who is going to do it? You? No? Didn't think so. Who will
>> ensure the world's freetards don't steal it?
>>
>> You're an idiot Roy.
>>
>> What about people who are too stupid to get a good job. You for example
>> Roy. Should you be offered everything for free too since you can't
>> afford to pay for it?
>>
>> Where foes you largesse for giving other peoples work away end Roy?
>
> As you can see by my headers, I no longer use Linux as my primary
> operating system. Why is this?
>
> It is mainly down to individuals like you, and those who are intent on
> the self-destruction of Linux and the personal attacks on it's users.
>
> Remember - one day you may be in a similar situation (to me). I can
> think of no-one more who deserves this dubious honor.

You let someone on Usenet push you to an OS because they attacked people who
use your preferred OS?  Huh?

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

0
Snit
12/10/2009 8:33:57 AM
On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 01:33:57 -0700, Snit
<usenet@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:

>Tony(UK) stated in post 55a1i55iiir29qbaadtck5aa2ajiv8kqb8@4ax.com on
>12/10/09 1:02 AM:
>
>You let someone on Usenet push you to an OS because they attacked people who
>use your preferred OS?  Huh?

Don't be so utterly ridiculous - I used and advocated Linux - I was
ridiculed and attacked.

I reviewed Linux - I was ridiculed and attacked here and elsewhere,
even receiving death threats eminating directly from this newsgroup,
as references were made to posting I have made here.

I was not pushed to use any OS - I do not care what I use as long as
it gets the job done.

Your email address in your headers just about sums the Linux world up.
Nothing to do with the OS, it is the *uckwits involved in the whole
arena and have posted before on this. If in doubt, deride, insult and
attack. Look inwardly carefully before judging me.
0
Tony
12/10/2009 10:48:34 AM
Tony(UK) wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 01:33:57 -0700, Snit
> <usenet@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:
>
>>Tony(UK) stated in post 55a1i55iiir29qbaadtck5aa2ajiv8kqb8@4ax.com on
>>12/10/09 1:02 AM:
>>
>>You let someone on Usenet push you to an OS because they attacked people
>>who
>>use your preferred OS?  Huh?
>
> Don't be so utterly ridiculous - I used and advocated Linux - I was
> ridiculed and attacked.
>
> I reviewed Linux - I was ridiculed and attacked here and elsewhere,
> even receiving death threats eminating directly from this newsgroup,
> as references were made to posting I have made here.
>
> I was not pushed to use any OS - I do not care what I use as long as
> it gets the job done.
>
> Your email address in your headers just about sums the Linux world up.

No, it sums Snot Michael Glasser up (if it is his galloping insanity
header). MIchael Glasser is also the most dishonest poster ever on usenet.
And he is a Mac user. He kknows precious little about linux

> Nothing to do with the OS, it is the *uckwits involved in the whole
> arena and have posted before on this. If in doubt, deride, insult and
> attack. Look inwardly carefully before judging me.

Just don't throw in the real linux users with filthy scum like Snot
Glasser, Hadron Quark or flatfish
--
The Day Microsoft makes something that does not suck is probably
the day they start making vacuum cleaners.

0
Peter
12/10/2009 10:59:37 AM
owl <owl@rooftop.invalid> writes:

> Hadron <hadronquark@gmail.com> wrote:
>> owl <owl@rooftop.invalid> writes:

>>> <snip>

>>> <snip>

>>> Tell Godwin to stand by.
>>
>> That has no link whatsoever to Godwin's law.
>>

> I think the fact that you come across as a Nazi makes the link.

Well done. Rope-a-doped. You invoked Godwin's.

Hint: not thinking that all disadvantaged people have a natural right
for others to risk their businesses supporting them is not being a
nazi.

If this were the case then all governments would be nazis for assessing
people for things like parking permits.

Please, acquire some level of common sense when making these claims.

We could all wring are hands and give everything away to everyone but in
the real world there are considerations.

FWIW I *do* think as much as possible should be made available : BUT who
pays? The screaming heart liberals? The government? Or the companies
trying to keep afloat in an era where so many think they are entitled to
everything for free since "download" etc is "not really stealing"?

0
Hadron
12/10/2009 12:40:00 PM
"Tony(UK)" <tony_smith100@hotmail.com> writes:

> On Wed, 09 Dec 2009 21:16:15 +0100, Hadron<hadronquark@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com> writes:
>>
>>> Intellectual Monopolists Scorn the Blind
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]

>>> `----
>>>
>>> http://opendotdotdot.blogspot.com/2009/12/intellectual-monopolists-scorn-blind.html
>>
>>Should blind people get free cars too Roy? Or maybe free houses? Tell
>>me, where does your generosity end? What about people with one
>>leg. Should they get everything for free too?
>>
>>But wait! Lets read the article ....
>>
>>,----
>>| This, then, is the reality of "modern" copyright: it fails to serve huge
>>| numbers of people, many of whom are already suffering from
>>| discrimination in other ways.
>>`----
>>
>>Uh oh! But its nothing to do with the copyright per se : the publishers
>>just dont see enough of a market. If you'll excuse the pun.
>>
>>But lets say for the sake of argument they DO release all this material
>>"free of charge" so that they can be re formatted for the visually
>>impaired. Who is going to do it? You? No? Didn't think so. Who will
>>ensure the world's freetards don't steal it?
>>
>>You're an idiot Roy.
>>
>>What about people who are too stupid to get a good job. You for example
>>Roy. Should you be offered everything for free too since you can't
>>afford to pay for it?
>>
>>Where foes you largesse for giving other peoples work away end Roy?
>
> As you can see by my headers, I no longer use Linux as my primary
> operating system. Why is this?
>
> It is mainly down to individuals like you, and those who are intent on
> the self-destruction of Linux and the personal attacks on it's users.

Huh? No one pushed me away. Not even a borked system because of a
corrupt video install.

> Remember - one day you may be in a similar situation (to me). I can
> think of no-one more who deserves this dubious honor.

Did you actually read what i said?

Do you think everything should be for free?

Or do you mean than Windows had better access ability features?

Would you like to address the practicalities of who will transcribe all
the worlds literature into a medium suitable for blind people? How much
should be done? Some? All? How much. Is it only blind people who need
not pay? After all, Roy is making up stories about copyright affecting
them.

Your accusations  above ill befit you and I recommend you re-read what I
said before jumping to conclusions.

0
Hadron
12/10/2009 12:44:14 PM
"Tony(UK)" <tony_smith100@hotmail.com> writes:

> On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 01:33:57 -0700, Snit
> <usenet@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:
>
>>Tony(UK) stated in post 55a1i55iiir29qbaadtck5aa2ajiv8kqb8@4ax.com on
>>12/10/09 1:02 AM:
>>
>>You let someone on Usenet push you to an OS because they attacked people who
>>use your preferred OS?  Huh?
>
> Don't be so utterly ridiculous - I used and advocated Linux - I was
> ridiculed and attacked.

Me thinks you're being a bit too precious.

> I reviewed Linux - I was ridiculed and attacked here and elsewhere,
> even receiving death threats eminating directly from this newsgroup,
> as references were made to posting I have made here.

Death threats? What??????????????????

> I was not pushed to use any OS - I do not care what I use as long as
> it gets the job done.

I thought you did care. You were one of the few decent advocates.

> Your email address in your headers just about sums the Linux world up.
> Nothing to do with the OS, it is the *uckwits involved in the whole
> arena and have posted before on this. If in doubt, deride, insult and
> attack. Look inwardly carefully before judging me.

You sound like you've lost the plot to be honest. Many times people
congratulated you on your fair posts.

I guess someone could be aping you here. It seems likely based on the
content.

0
Hadron
12/10/2009 12:46:19 PM
Tony(UK) pulled this Usenet boner:

> On Wed, 09 Dec 2009 21:16:15 +0100, Hadron<hadronquark@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> <bile and idiocy snipped>
>
> As you can see by my headers, I no longer use Linux as my primary
> operating system. Why is this?
>
> It is mainly down to individuals like you, and those who are intent on
> the self-destruction of Linux and the personal attacks on it's users.

Always try to snip that crap, Tony.

> Remember - one day you may be in a similar situation (to me). I can
> think of no-one more who deserves this dubious honor.

"Hadron" is already "blind", blighted in the soul, with a cancerous humour.

I find it difficult to believe, though, that such an obvious
asshole as "Hadron" could drive you away from an operating system,
Tony.

--
So this is it.  We're going to die.
0
Tony(UK) wrote:

>As you can see by my headers, I no longer use Linux as my primary
>operating system. Why is this?
>
>It is mainly down to individuals like you, and those who are intent on
>the self-destruction of Linux and the personal attacks on it's users.

Huh?  Sorry, but that makes *zero* sense.

--
"Most of us think its just plain stupid to educate 200000000 under
priviliged children for positions that aren't available."  -
Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

>Peter K??hlmann pulled this Usenet boner:
>
>> Hadron wrote:
>>>
>>> Should blind people get free cars too Roy? Or maybe free houses? Tell
>>> me, where does your generosity end? What about people with one
>>> leg. Should they get everything for free too?
>>
>> And here we have it again: Hadron Snot Quark will deny to the blind even
>> those scarce books / magazines too. After all, who pays for them? Such a
>> small market. No worth bothering with.
>>
>> And to hell with sympathy and charity for those who are already suffering.
>> If they can't pay for it, they are worthless.
>
>And not only that, "Hadron" viciously insults Roy over the post.  If you
>care to read "Hadron"'s writing in that post, it is almost shocking how much
>it drips of bile and anger.
>
>"Hadron" has a serious screw loose.

"Hadron" is a POS.

0
chrisv
12/10/2009 3:04:24 PM
Tony(UK) stated in post pdh1i5tjrl6bceqbdtunerq86qi54e185k@4ax.com on
12/10/09 3:48 AM:

> On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 01:33:57 -0700, Snit
> <usenet@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:
>
>> Tony(UK) stated in post 55a1i55iiir29qbaadtck5aa2ajiv8kqb8@4ax.com on
>> 12/10/09 1:02 AM:
>>
>> You let someone on Usenet push you to an OS because they attacked people who
>> use your preferred OS?  Huh?
>
> Don't be so utterly ridiculous - I used and advocated Linux - I was
> ridiculed and attacked.
>
> I reviewed Linux - I was ridiculed and attacked here and elsewhere,
> even receiving death threats eminating directly from this newsgroup,
> as references were made to posting I have made here.
>
> I was not pushed to use any OS - I do not care what I use as long as
> it gets the job done.
>
> Your email address in your headers just about sums the Linux world up.
> Nothing to do with the OS, it is the *uckwits involved in the whole
> arena and have posted before on this. If in doubt, deride, insult and
> attack. Look inwardly carefully before judging me.

I have been "treated" to all sorts of lovely attacks in here and in CSMA -
death threats, someone tracking me down to my place of employment and saying
they will get me fired even if they have to twist arms, having members of my
family contacted, having people email me with threats... never even
considered changing my OS based on it.  Not saying you should not do as you
please, just seems odd to me.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

0
Snit
12/10/2009 3:24:04 PM
Peter K�hlmann stated in post hfqkap$pkn$00$1@news.t-online.com on 12/10/09
3:59 AM:

> Tony(UK) wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 01:33:57 -0700, Snit
>> <usenet@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Tony(UK) stated in post 55a1i55iiir29qbaadtck5aa2ajiv8kqb8@4ax.com on
>>> 12/10/09 1:02 AM:
>>>
>>> You let someone on Usenet push you to an OS because they attacked people
>>> who
>>> use your preferred OS?  Huh?
>>
>> Don't be so utterly ridiculous - I used and advocated Linux - I was
>> ridiculed and attacked.
>>
>> I reviewed Linux - I was ridiculed and attacked here and elsewhere,
>> even receiving death threats eminating directly from this newsgroup,
>> as references were made to posting I have made here.
>>
>> I was not pushed to use any OS - I do not care what I use as long as
>> it gets the job done.
>>
>> Your email address in your headers just about sums the Linux world up.
>
> No, it sums Snot Michael Glasser up (if it is his galloping insanity
> header). MIchael Glasser is also the most dishonest poster ever on usenet.
> And he is a Mac user. He kknows precious little about linux
>
>> Nothing to do with the OS, it is the *uckwits involved in the whole
>> arena and have posted before on this. If in doubt, deride, insult and
>> attack. Look inwardly carefully before judging me.
>
> Just don't throw in the real linux users with filthy scum like Snot
> Glasser, Hadron Quark or flatfish

See how you lash out, Peter.  Repulsive.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

0
Snit
12/10/2009 3:24:39 PM
Chris Ahlstrom <ahlstromc@launchmodem.com> writes:

> Peter K??hlmann pulled this Usenet boner:
>
>> Hadron wrote:
>>>
>>> Should blind people get free cars too Roy? Or maybe free houses? Tell
>>> me, where does your generosity end? What about people with one
>>> leg. Should they get everything for free too?
>>
>> And here we have it again: Hadron Snot Quark will deny to the blind even
>> those scarce books / magazines too. After all, who pays for them? Such a
>> small market. No worth bothering with.
>>
>> And to hell with sympathy and charity for those who are already suffering.
>> If they can't pay for it, they are worthless.
>
> And not only that, "Hadron" viciously insults Roy over the post.  If you
> care to read "Hadron"'s writing in that post, it is almost shocking how much
> it drips of bile and anger.

Viciously insults? I asked Roy where he would draw the line.

You are, in short, a liar.

> "Hadron" has a serious screw loose.

Try reading the posts Suck up boy.

>> This is, in short terms, the worthless asshole Hadron Quark.
>>
>> Did you know, you crimnally stupid POS, that for example the german weekly
>> magazine "Der Stern" is distributing braille-versions for the blind *free*
>> *of* *charge* to blind people?
>> Do they get ripped off because of that by "freetards"? Try to think (I
>> know you can't, but try anyway) why this is not the case
>>
>> < snip more idiocy from the worlds most worthless piece of shit >
>> --
>> Any idiot can run XP. And usually does. Hadron certainly does
>
> "Hadron" is as mad as a hatter.  Seriously, if you look at the totality of
> "Hadron"'s postings to COLA, you have to conclude that "Hadron" is
> crazy.

The only person considered "crazy" in this thread is you. And more and
more posters have said it. Your blind devotion to Roy is disgusting!

0
Hadron
12/10/2009 3:43:20 PM
On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 10:48:34 +0000, Tony(UK) wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 01:33:57 -0700, Snit
> <usenet@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:
>
>>Tony(UK) stated in post 55a1i55iiir29qbaadtck5aa2ajiv8kqb8@4ax.com on
>>12/10/09 1:02 AM:
>>
>>You let someone on Usenet push you to an OS because they attacked people who
>>use your preferred OS?  Huh?
>
> Don't be so utterly ridiculous - I used and advocated Linux - I was
> ridiculed and attacked.

That's because you probably said something bad about Linux, no matter how
true. Like for example, Linux doesn't have a consistent UI. That's all it
takes for the Linux Mafia to come and harass you.

> I reviewed Linux - I was ridiculed and attacked here and elsewhere,
> even receiving death threats eminating directly from this newsgroup,
> as references were made to posting I have made here.

Never use your real name when amongst Linux supporters. If you disagree
with them they will track you down, camp outside your house, call your
wife, harass your employer and so forth.
These are very sick, religious zealots you are dealing with and they must
be treated as nuts until they prove otherwise. Some of them border on
mentally unstable. High Plains Nymshifter for example.

> I was not pushed to use any OS - I do not care what I use as long as
> it gets the job done.

Better forget Linux then.

> Your email address in your headers just about sums the Linux world up.
> Nothing to do with the OS, it is the *uckwits involved in the whole
> arena and have posted before on this. If in doubt, deride, insult and
> attack. Look inwardly carefully before judging me.

Welcome to Linux advocacy and in particular comp.os.linux.advocacy.
The home of the mentally unstable.
0
Eyeball
12/10/2009 4:16:12 PM
Eyeball pulled this Usenet boner:

> <core dump>
>
> The home of the mentally unstable.

Welcome home, dude.  (And it isn't even Christmas yet!)

--
What I tell you three times is true.
		-- Lewis Carroll
On 2009-12-10, Eyeball <culleys_eyeball@socket.org> wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 10:48:34 +0000, Tony(UK) wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 01:33:57 -0700, Snit
>> <usenet@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Tony(UK) stated in post 55a1i55iiir29qbaadtck5aa2ajiv8kqb8@4ax.com on
>>>12/10/09 1:02 AM:
>>>
>>>You let someone on Usenet push you to an OS because they attacked people who
>>>use your preferred OS?  Huh?
>>
>> Don't be so utterly ridiculous - I used and advocated Linux - I was
>> ridiculed and attacked.
>
> That's because you probably said something bad about Linux, no matter how
> true. Like for example, Linux doesn't have a consistent UI. That's all it

    So? Neither does Windows.

[deletia]

    Besides, it's not really the most important question.

--
     This is a consumer product.                                      |||
     World domination simply isn't necessary.                        / | \
On 2009-12-10, Hadron <hadronquark@gmail.com> wrote:

> "Tony(UK)" <tony_smith100@hotmail.com> writes:
>
>> On Wed, 09 Dec 2009 21:16:15 +0100, Hadron<hadronquark@gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>>Should blind people get free cars too Roy? Or maybe free houses? Tell
>>>me, where does your generosity end? What about people with one
>>>leg. Should they get everything for free too?
>>>
>>>But wait! Lets read the article ....
>>>
>>>,----
>>>`----
>>>
>>>Uh oh! But its nothing to do with the copyright per se : the publishers
>>>just dont see enough of a market. If you'll excuse the pun.
>>>
>>>But lets say for the sake of argument they DO release all this material
>>>"free of charge" so that they can be re formatted for the visually
>>>impaired. Who is going to do it? You? No? Didn't think so. Who will
>>>ensure the world's freetards don't steal it?
>>>
>>>You're an idiot Roy.
>>>
>>>What about people who are too stupid to get a good job. You for example
>>>Roy. Should you be offered everything for free too since you can't
>>>afford to pay for it?
>>>
>>>Where foes you largesse for giving other peoples work away end Roy?
>>
>> As you can see by my headers, I no longer use Linux as my primary
>> operating system. Why is this?
>>
>> It is mainly down to individuals like you, and those who are intent on
>> the self-destruction of Linux and the personal attacks on it's users.
>
> Huh? No one pushed me away. Not even a borked system because of a
> corrupt video install.
>

>> Remember - one day you may be in a similar situation (to me). I can
>> think of no-one more who deserves this dubious honor.
>
> Did you actually read what i said?
>
> Do you think everything should be for free?
>
> Or do you mean than Windows had better access ability features?
>
> Would you like to address the practicalities of who will transcribe all
> the worlds literature into a medium suitable for blind people? How much

    ...leave out the gestapo copyright enforcement tactics and the problem
will actually sort itself out. There are 6 Billion people on the planet that
can help with the problem. The only thing that really matters in the end is
whether or not the author gets their usual cut for the given user.

    For some works, the "fans" will actually do a remarkably better job.

[deletia]

--
     This is a consumer product.                                      |||
     World domination simply isn't necessary.                        / | \
0
JEDIDIAH
12/10/2009 5:42:03 PM
JEDIDIAH stated in post slrnhi2ch7.rb7.jedi@nomad.mishnet on 12/10/09 10:38
AM:

> On 2009-12-10, Eyeball <culleys_eyeball@socket.org> wrote:
>>

>> On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 10:48:34 +0000, Tony(UK) wrote:

>>> Don't be so utterly ridiculous - I used and advocated Linux - I was
>>> ridiculed and attacked.
>>
>> That's because you probably said something bad about Linux, no matter how
>> true. Like for example, Linux doesn't have a consistent UI. That's all it
>
>     So? Neither does Windows.

Well, as Rick showed recently by comparing Windows of two versions ago with
*current* Ubuntu, Windows was even then better in this area than Ubuntu is
today.  And Windows has improved since then.  And will likely continue to.

> [deletia]
>
>     Besides, it's not really the most important question.

Not if you are not concerned about its benefits... just depends on what your
goals are.  I, personally, do value increased productivity and reduced
errors.  Not going to say what you should or should not like though.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

0
Snit
12/10/2009 6:15:30 PM
On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 11:15:30 -0700, Snit wrote:

> JEDIDIAH stated in post slrnhi2ch7.rb7.jedi@nomad.mishnet on 12/10/09
> 10:38 AM:

>>> That's because you probably said something bad about Linux, no matter
>>> how true. Like for example, Linux doesn't have a consistent UI. That's
>>> all it
>>
>>     So? Neither does Windows.
>
> Well, as Rick showed recently by comparing Windows of two versions ago
> with *current* Ubuntu,

I didn't compare Windows XP, which is currently shipping on new
computers, to Ubuntu, you did.

Here is the body of my post:

Have a look at print and file dialogs of Windows XP.:

<http://ricks-place.comxa.com/stuff/windows-file.pdf>

<http://ricks-place.comxa.com/stuff/windows-print.pdf>

So, is Windows XP a mature OS?

And no, I won't have Windows 7 or Office 2007 for a while.
(snip)

--
Rick
0

____/ Tony(UK) on Thursday 10 Dec 2009 08:02 : \____

> On Wed, 09 Dec 2009 21:16:15 +0100, Hadron<hadronquark@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com> writes:
>>
>>> Intellectual Monopolists Scorn the Blind
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]

>>> `----
>>>
>>> http://opendotdotdot.blogspot.com/2009/12/intellectual-monopolists-scorn-blind.html
>>
>>Should blind people get free cars too Roy? Or maybe free houses? Tell
>>me, where does your generosity end? What about people with one
>>leg. Should they get everything for free too?
>>
>>But wait! Lets read the article ....
>>
>>,----
>>| This, then, is the reality of "modern" copyright: it fails to serve huge
>>| numbers of people, many of whom are already suffering from
>>| discrimination in other ways.
>>`----
>>
>>Uh oh! But its nothing to do with the copyright per se : the publishers
>>just dont see enough of a market. If you'll excuse the pun.
>>
>>But lets say for the sake of argument they DO release all this material
>>"free of charge" so that they can be re formatted for the visually
>>impaired. Who is going to do it? You? No? Didn't think so. Who will
>>ensure the world's freetards don't steal it?
>>
>>You're an idiot Roy.
>>
>>What about people who are too stupid to get a good job. You for example
>>Roy. Should you be offered everything for free too since you can't
>>afford to pay for it?
>>
>>Where foes you largesse for giving other peoples work away end Roy?
>
> As you can see by my headers, I no longer use Linux as my primary
> operating system. Why is this?
>
> It is mainly down to individuals like you, and those who are intent on
> the self-destruction of Linux and the personal attacks on it's users.
>
> Remember - one day you may be in a similar situation (to me). I can
> think of no-one more who deserves this dubious honor.

Tony,

"Hadron" was never a Linux user (not in the proper sense). He came here to smear Linux
and defame Linux enthusiasts like me and you.

Don't confuse Linux with anti-Linux agents masquerading as "Linux people".

- --
		~~ Best of wishes

COBOL is for morons. -- Dijkstra

0
Roy
12/10/2009 6:37:03 PM
Rick stated in post jZadnemc4bvOorzWnZ2dnUVZ_qJi4p2d@supernews.com on
12/10/09 11:34 AM:

> On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 11:15:30 -0700, Snit wrote:
>
>> JEDIDIAH stated in post slrnhi2ch7.rb7.jedi@nomad.mishnet on 12/10/09
>> 10:38 AM:

>>>     So? Neither does Windows.
>>
>> Well, as Rick showed recently by comparing Windows of two versions ago
>> with *current* Ubuntu,
>

> I didn't compare Windows XP, which is currently shipping on new
> computers, to Ubuntu, you did.
>
> Here is the body of my post:

> Have a look at print and file dialogs of Windows XP.:

So that is not Windows XP, eh?  LOL!

And, yes, you are the one who picked Ubuntu, also.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

0
Snit
12/10/2009 6:46:40 PM
> mentally-ill troll wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 10:48:34 +0000, Tony(UK) wrote:
>>>
>>> Don't be so utterly ridiculous - I used and advocated Linux - I was
>>> ridiculed and attacked.
>>
>> That's because you probably said something bad about Linux, no matter how
>> true.

Dumbshit.  He wasn't attacked by the advocates, he as attacked by
Wintrolling shit like you and Quack.

0
chrisv
12/10/2009 7:02:23 PM
chrisv <chrisv@nospam.invalid> writes:

>> mentally-ill troll wrote:

>>> That's because you probably said something bad about Linux, no matter how
>>> true.
>
> Dumbshit.  He wasn't attacked by the advocates, he as attacked by
> Wintrolling shit like you and Quack.

Wrong actually. He was harrassed by "advocates" here when he
acknowledged issues with Linux on the desktop. He was complimented for
his more open views further down the line by us who you term
"wintrolls".

0
Hadron
12/10/2009 7:06:55 PM
On 2009-12-10, Hadron <hadronquark@gmail.com> wrote:

> chrisv <chrisv@nospam.invalid> writes:

>> Dumbshit.  He wasn't attacked by the advocates, he as attacked by
>> Wintrolling shit like you and Quack.
>
> Wrong actually. He was harrassed by "advocates" here when he
> acknowledged issues with Linux on the desktop. He was complimented for

....trolling is more like it.

Sounds like more of the same "who cares if it actually does anything, or
does it correctly: it looks good" nonsense that you try to peddle (despite
the fact that the competition isn't really any better).

[deletia]

--

     These Mac Fanboys want vi imposed on everyone.                   |||
                                                                     / | \
On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 09:03:13 -0600, chrisv wrote:

> Tony(UK) wrote:
>
>>As you can see by my headers, I no longer use Linux as my primary
>>operating system. Why is this?
>>
>>It is mainly down to individuals like you, and those who are intent on
>>the self-destruction of Linux and the personal attacks on it's users.
>
> Huh?  Sorry, but that makes *zero* sense.

It's hard to tell which tony(uk) is the real one, but one of them has a
screw loose.

--
This machine running Gnu/Linux Ubuntu 9.10 and posting via Pan.
Terry
> Tony(UK) wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 01:33:57 -0700, Snit
>> <usenet@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Tony(UK) stated in post 55a1i55iiir29qbaadtck5aa2ajiv8kqb8@4ax.com on
>>>12/10/09 1:02 AM:
>>>
>>>You let someone on Usenet push you to an OS because they attacked people
>>>who
>>>use your preferred OS?  Huh?
>>
>> Don't be so utterly ridiculous - I used and advocated Linux - I was
>> ridiculed and attacked.
>>
>> I reviewed Linux - I was ridiculed and attacked here and elsewhere,
>> even receiving death threats eminating directly from this newsgroup,
>> as references were made to posting I have made here.
>>
>> I was not pushed to use any OS - I do not care what I use as long as
>> it gets the job done.
>>
>> Your email address in your headers just about sums the Linux world up.
>
> No, it sums Snot Michael Glasser up (if it is his galloping insanity
> header). MIchael Glasser is also the most dishonest poster ever on usenet.
> And he is a Mac user. He kknows precious little about linux
>
>> Nothing to do with the OS, it is the *uckwits involved in the whole
>> arena and have posted before on this. If in doubt, deride, insult and
>> attack. Look inwardly carefully before judging me.
>
> Just don't throw in the real linux users with filthy scum like Snot
> Glasser, Hadron Quark or flatfish

I take it, your mother gave birth to you whilst sitting on the toilet, then
the unclean bitch (as usual) didn't flush you away!

0
Arend
12/10/2009 9:46:55 PM
On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 11:46:40 -0700, Snit wrote:

> Rick stated in post jZadnemc4bvOorzWnZ2dnUVZ_qJi4p2d@supernews.com on
> 12/10/09 11:34 AM:
>
>> On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 11:15:30 -0700, Snit wrote:
>>
>>> JEDIDIAH stated in post slrnhi2ch7.rb7.jedi@nomad.mishnet on 12/10/09
>>> 10:38 AM:

>>> Well, as Rick showed recently by comparing Windows of two versions ago
>>> with *current* Ubuntu,
>>

>> I didn't compare Windows XP, which is currently shipping on new
>> computers, to Ubuntu, you did.
>>
>> Here is the body of my post:

>> Have a look at print and file dialogs of Windows XP.:
>
> So that is not Windows XP, eh?  LOL!

Ubuntu is not mentioned in the post. LOL! LOL!LOL!LOL!LOL!LOL!

> And, yes, you are the one who picked Ubuntu, also.
>
>> <http://ricks-place.comxa.com/stuff/windows-file.pdf>
>>
>> <http://ricks-place.comxa.com/stuff/windows-print.pdf>
>>
>> So, is Windows XP a mature OS?
>>
>> And no, I won't have Windows 7 or Office 2007 for a while. (snip)

--
Rick
0
Rick
12/10/2009 10:11:57 PM
On 2009-12-10, Arend van der Berigheid <Arend_is_Berig@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> I take it, your mother gave birth to you whilst sitting on the toilet, then
> the unclean bitch (as usual) didn't flush you away!

The clogtroll loves everything to do with toilets and excretion.

--
Regards,

Gregory.
Gentoo Linux - Penguin Power
0
Gregory
12/10/2009 10:20:24 PM
Rick stated in post jZadneqc4buw77zWnZ2dnUVZ_qJi4p2d@supernews.com on
12/10/09 3:11 PM:

> On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 11:46:40 -0700, Snit wrote:
>
>> Rick stated in post jZadnemc4bvOorzWnZ2dnUVZ_qJi4p2d@supernews.com on

>>> I didn't compare Windows XP, which is currently shipping on new
>>> computers, to Ubuntu, you did.
>>>
>>> Here is the body of my post:

>>> Have a look at print and file dialogs of Windows XP.:
>>
>> So that is not Windows XP, eh?  LOL!
>
> Ubuntu is not mentioned in the post. LOL! LOL!LOL!LOL!LOL!LOL!

So you deny you are the one who suggested we use Ubuntu as the comparison.

  Rick:
    >  Pick your distro.
    Ubuntu.

But if you think Ubuntu does not work for the comparison you wanted, fine...
select another distro.

But you will not.  You know *none* of them will compare well, in this area,
even with MS's OS from two versions ago.

>> And, yes, you are the one who picked Ubuntu, also.
>>
>>> <http://ricks-place.comxa.com/stuff/windows-file.pdf>
>>>
>>> <http://ricks-place.comxa.com/stuff/windows-print.pdf>
>>>
>>> So, is Windows XP a mature OS?
>>>
>>> And no, I won't have Windows 7 or Office 2007 for a while. (snip)

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

0
Snit
12/10/2009 10:32:29 PM
On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 15:32:29 -0700, Snit wrote:

> Rick stated in post jZadneqc4buw77zWnZ2dnUVZ_qJi4p2d@supernews.com on
> 12/10/09 3:11 PM:
>
>> On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 11:46:40 -0700, Snit wrote:
>>
>>> Rick stated in post jZadnemc4bvOorzWnZ2dnUVZ_qJi4p2d@supernews.com on
>>> 12/10/09 11:34 AM:

>>> So that is not Windows XP, eh?  LOL!
>>
>> Ubuntu is not mentioned in the post. LOL! LOL!LOL!LOL!LOL!LOL!
>
> So you deny you are the one who suggested we use Ubuntu as the
> comparison.
>
>   Rick:
>     >  Pick your distro.
>     Ubuntu.

Give me the messge ID s I can see the context, if you dare.

> But if you think Ubuntu does not work for the comparison you wanted,
> fine... select another distro.
>
> But you will not.  You know *none* of them will compare well, in this
> area, even with MS's OS from two versions ago.

XP is currently shipping on new computers in both the consumer and
enterprise markets.

>>> And, yes, you are the one who picked Ubuntu, also.

--
Rick
0
Rick
12/10/2009 10:41:16 PM
Rick stated in post jZadneSc4buR5LzWnZ2dnUVZ_qJi4p2d@supernews.com on
12/10/09 3:41 PM:

>> So you deny you are the one who suggested we use Ubuntu as the
>> comparison.
>>
>>   Rick:
>>     >  Pick your distro.
>>     Ubuntu.
>
> Give me the messge ID s I can see the context, if you dare.

Do you deny you selected Ubuntu to be the "mature" distro you wanted to look
at?  Yes or no?

>> But if you think Ubuntu does not work for the comparison you wanted,
>> fine... select another distro.
>>
>> But you will not.  You know *none* of them will compare well, in this
>> area, even with MS's OS from two versions ago.
>
> XP is currently shipping on new computers in both the consumer and
> enterprise markets.

You sure repeat yourself a lot when you have nothing to say.

[INSERT .SIG HERE]

0
Snit
12/10/2009 10:45:16 PM
On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 15:32:29 -0700, Snit wrote:

> Rick stated in post jZadneqc4buw77zWnZ2dnUVZ_qJi4p2d@supernews.com on
> 12/10/09 3:11 PM:
>
>> On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 11:46:40 -0700, Snit wrote:
>>
>>> Rick stated in post jZadnemc4bvOorzWnZ2dnUVZ_qJi4p2d@supernews.com on
>>> 12/10/09 11:34 AM:

>>> So that is not Windows XP, eh?  LOL!
>>
>> Ubuntu is not mentioned in the post. LOL! LOL!LOL!LOL!LOL!LOL!
>
> So you deny you are the one who suggested we use Ubuntu as the
> comparison.
>
>   Rick:
>     >  Pick your distro.
>     Ubuntu.

Your words:

"First: the topic is desktop Linux. Pick your distro. The user experience
of desktop Linux is clearly not mature - it is fractured (with PCLOS you
say into four or more different UIs) and not polished (as I have shown
with many examples... for which the only responses have been to ignore
them, insist they are forged, or whine about how the competition is also
not perfect)."

XP was not mentioned.

My answer to the above paragraph was Ubuntu.(snip)
--
Rick
0

> On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 15:32:29 -0700, Snit wrote:
>
>> Rick stated in post jZadneqc4buw77zWnZ2dnUVZ_qJi4p2d@supernews.com on

>>> Ubuntu is not mentioned in the post. LOL! LOL!LOL!LOL!LOL!LOL!
>>
>> So you deny you are the one who suggested we use Ubuntu as the
>> comparison.
>>
>>   Rick:
>>>  Pick your distro.
>>     Ubuntu.
>

> Your words:
>
> "First: the topic is desktop Linux. Pick your distro. The user experience
> of desktop Linux is clearly not mature - it is fractured (with PCLOS you
> say into four or more different UIs) and not polished (as I have shown
> with many examples... for which the only responses have been to ignore
> them, insist they are forged, or whine about how the competition is also
> not perfect)."
>
> XP was not mentioned.
>
> My answer to the above paragraph was Ubuntu.(snip)

Ah, so you think the current version of Ubuntu is mature, but not mature
enough to compare favorably to the MS OS from 2000.  Well, Ubuntu is mature
*for a desktop Linux distro*, so our views might not be that far apart on
this.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

0
Snit
12/10/2009 11:02:08 PM
Gregory Shearman wrote:

> On 2009-12-10, Arend van der Berigheid <Arend_is_Berig@invalid.invalid>
> wrote:
>>
>> I take it, your mother gave birth to you whilst sitting on the toilet,
>> then the unclean bitch (as usual) didn't flush you away!
>>

> The clogtroll loves everything to do with toilets and excretion.

Well, he has to. He is dumber than shit.
--
"Last I checked, it wasn't the power cord for the Clue Generator that
was sticking up your ass."        - John Novak, rasfwrj

0
Peter
12/10/2009 11:07:36 PM
Gregory Shearman pulled this Usenet boner:

> On 2009-12-10, Arend van der Berigheid <Arend_is_Berig@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>>
>> I take it, your mother gave birth to you whilst sitting on the toilet, then
>> the unclean bitch (as usual) didn't flush you away!
>
> The clogtroll loves everything to do with toilets and excretion.

Excretion is the bitter part of valor!

(Let's see if Greg knows which PJF work gave me that pun!)

--
You will be surprised by a loud noise.
0
On 2009-12-10, Chris Ahlstrom <ahlstromc@launchmodem.com> wrote:
> Gregory Shearman pulled this Usenet boner:
>
>> The clogtroll loves everything to do with toilets and excretion.
>
> Excretion is the bitter part of valor!
>
> (Let's see if Greg knows which PJF work gave me that pun!)

Nope... you've got me.. but I'm intrigued.

--
Regards,

Gregory.
Gentoo Linux - Penguin Power
0
Gregory
12/11/2009 12:17:14 AM
Peter K�hlmann stated in post hfruvp$hlj$02$1@news.t-online.com on 12/10/09
4:07 PM:

> Gregory Shearman wrote:
>
>> On 2009-12-10, Arend van der Berigheid <Arend_is_Berig@invalid.invalid>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> I take it, your mother gave birth to you whilst sitting on the toilet,
>>> then the unclean bitch (as usual) didn't flush you away!
>>>

>> The clogtroll loves everything to do with toilets and excretion.
>>

> Well, he has to. He is dumber than shit.

But not as dumb as you, eh?

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

0
Snit
12/11/2009 12:45:42 AM
On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 16:02:08 -0700, Snit wrote:

> Rick stated in post jZadneec4bvv4bzWnZ2dnUVZ_qJi4p2d@supernews.com on
> 12/10/09 3:55 PM:
>
>> On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 15:32:29 -0700, Snit wrote:
>>
>>> Rick stated in post jZadneqc4buw77zWnZ2dnUVZ_qJi4p2d@supernews.com on
>>> 12/10/09 3:11 PM:

>>> So you deny you are the one who suggested we use Ubuntu as the
>>> comparison.
>>>
>>>   Rick:
>>>     Ubuntu.
>>

>> Your words:
>>
>> "First: the topic is desktop Linux. Pick your distro. The user
>> experience of desktop Linux is clearly not mature - it is fractured
>> (with PCLOS you say into four or more different UIs) and not polished
>> (as I have shown with many examples... for which the only responses
>> have been to ignore them, insist they are forged, or whine about how
>> the competition is also not perfect)."
>>
>> XP was not mentioned.
>>
>> My answer to the above paragraph was Ubuntu.(snip)
>
> Ah, so you think the current version of Ubuntu is mature,

Yes, I do.

> but not mature
> enough to compare favorably to the MS OS from 2000.

First, I didn't compare Ubuntu to MS OS from 2000.

Second, I posted pictures of file and print dialogs of various apps
running under XP, which is currently shipping on consumer and enterprise
computers, and without comparison to any other OS.

> Well, Ubuntu is
> mature *for a desktop Linux distro*, so our views might not be that far
> apart on this.

You rarely honestly understand my views, so I have no idea if they are
similar.

--
Rick
0
Gregory Shearman pulled this Usenet boner:

> On 2009-12-10, Chris Ahlstrom <ahlstromc@launchmodem.com> wrote:
>> Gregory Shearman pulled this Usenet boner:
>>
>>> The clogtroll loves everything to do with toilets and excretion.
>>
>> Excretion is the bitter part of valor!
>>
>> (Let's see if Greg knows which PJF work gave me that pun!)
>
> Nope... you've got me.. but I'm intrigued.

"Riders of the Purple Wage" (the "Dangerous Visions" version).

It was one of "Win Again" Winnegan's puns.

--
"Winnegan's Fake!"
0

> On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 16:02:08 -0700, Snit wrote:
>
>> Rick stated in post jZadneec4bvv4bzWnZ2dnUVZ_qJi4p2d@supernews.com on

>>> Your words:
>>>
>>> "First: the topic is desktop Linux. Pick your distro. The user
>>> experience of desktop Linux is clearly not mature - it is fractured
>>> (with PCLOS you say into four or more different UIs) and not polished
>>> (as I have shown with many examples... for which the only responses
>>> have been to ignore them, insist they are forged, or whine about how
>>> the competition is also not perfect)."
>>>
>>> XP was not mentioned.
>>>
>>> My answer to the above paragraph was Ubuntu.(snip)
>>
>> Ah, so you think the current version of Ubuntu is mature,
>
> Yes, I do.
>
>> but not mature
>> enough to compare favorably to the MS OS from 2000.
>
> First, I didn't compare Ubuntu to MS OS from 2000.
>

> Second, I posted pictures of file and print dialogs of various apps
> running under XP, which is currently shipping on consumer and enterprise
> computers, and without comparison to any other OS.
>
>> Well, Ubuntu is
>> mature *for a desktop Linux distro*, so our views might not be that far
>> apart on this.
>
> You rarely honestly understand my views, so I have no idea if they are
> similar.

If you find a disto of desktop Linux you think is as mature as Windows, even
from 2000, please let me, and COLA, know.  Until then, well, it is clear you
and I agree that Ubuntu is a pretty darn good Linux distro - *for* Linux -
but, at least in UI consistency / polish / maturity issues, it is not up to
the competition.  Even from 2003.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

0
Snit
12/11/2009 1:15:22 AM
chrisv wrote:
> Tony(UK) wrote:
>
>> As you can see by my headers, I no longer use Linux as my primary
>> operating system. Why is this?
>>
>> It is mainly down to individuals like you, and those who are intent on
>> the self-destruction of Linux and the personal attacks on it's users.
>
> Huh?  Sorry, but that makes *zero* sense.

Exactly my thoughts ;-)

Me thinks it's a forger, probably the Toilet clog.

--
|_|0|_| Marti van Lin (ML2MST)
|_|_|0| http://ml2mst.googlepages.com
|0|0|0| http://osgeex.blogspot.com
0
Marti
12/11/2009 1:23:17 AM
On 2009-12-11, Chris Ahlstrom <ahlstromc@launchmodem.com> wrote:
> Gregory Shearman pulled this Usenet boner:
>
>> On 2009-12-10, Chris Ahlstrom <ahlstromc@launchmodem.com> wrote:
>>> Gregory Shearman pulled this Usenet boner:

>>> Excretion is the bitter part of valor!
>>>
>>> (Let's see if Greg knows which PJF work gave me that pun!)
>>
>> Nope... you've got me.. but I'm intrigued.
>
> "Riders of the Purple Wage" (the "Dangerous Visions" version).
>
> It was one of "Win Again" Winnegan's puns.

Jesus... you didn't try to make it obscure, did you? I don't live next
to PJF (or where he DID live) in Illinois. I *have* read "Riders" before
but that was a LONG time ago. I've got a copy of Hugo winners somewhere
in my library that also has a story by Anne McCaffery in it.

--
Regards,

Gregory.
Gentoo Linux - Penguin Power
0
Gregory
12/11/2009 1:31:56 AM
Terry Porter wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 09:03:13 -0600, chrisv wrote:
>
>> Tony(UK) wrote:
>>
>>> As you can see by my headers, I no longer use Linux as my primary
>>> operating system. Why is this?
>>>
>>> It is mainly down to individuals like you, and those who are intent on
>>> the self-destruction of Linux and the personal attacks on it's users.
>> Huh?  Sorry, but that makes *zero* sense.
>
> It's hard to tell which tony(uk) is the real one, but one of them has a
> screw loose.

Indeed, getting attacked by the Wintrolls does not make one quit using
GNU/Linux as your primary Operating System. In fact the opposite is
true. The vile Wintrolls make you *hate* M$.

It is crystal clear, this is *not* TonyUK but a forger.

Cheers ;-)

--
|_|0|_| Marti van Lin (ML2MST)
|_|_|0| http://ml2mst.googlepages.com
|0|0|0| http://osgeex.blogspot.com
0
Marti
12/11/2009 1:35:27 AM
Marti van Lin wrote:

> Indeed, getting attacked by the Wintrolls does not make one quit using
> GNU/Linux as your primary Operating System. In fact the opposite is
> true. The vile Wintrolls make you *hate* M$.
>
> It is crystal clear, this is *not* TonyUK but a forger.
>
> Cheers ;-)

You are a fucking idiot, Marti.

From: "Tony(UK)" <tony_smith...@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Something I've noticed about the Linux freezes
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

How did someone forge his IP address, hmm?
0
Franck
12/11/2009 1:43:17 AM
Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> ____/ Tony(UK) on Thursday 10 Dec 2009 08:02 : \____
>
>> On Wed, 09 Dec 2009 21:16:15 +0100, Hadron<hadronquark@gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> Should blind people get free cars too Roy? Or maybe free houses? Tell
>>> me, where does your generosity end? What about people with one
>>> leg. Should they get everything for free too?
>>>
>>> But wait! Lets read the article ....
>>>
>>> ,----
>>> `----
>>>
>>> Uh oh! But its nothing to do with the copyright per se : the publishers
>>> just dont see enough of a market. If you'll excuse the pun.
>>>
>>> But lets say for the sake of argument they DO release all this material
>>> "free of charge" so that they can be re formatted for the visually
>>> impaired. Who is going to do it? You? No? Didn't think so. Who will
>>> ensure the world's freetards don't steal it?
>>>
>>> You're an idiot Roy.
>>>
>>> What about people who are too stupid to get a good job. You for example
>>> Roy. Should you be offered everything for free too since you can't
>>> afford to pay for it?
>>>
>>> Where foes you largesse for giving other peoples work away end Roy?
>> As you can see by my headers, I no longer use Linux as my primary
>> operating system. Why is this?
>
>> It is mainly down to individuals like you, and those who are intent on
>> the self-destruction of Linux and the personal attacks on it's users.
>
>> Remember - one day you may be in a similar situation (to me). I can
>> think of no-one more who deserves this dubious honor.
>
> Tony,
>
> "Hadron" was never a Linux user (not in the proper sense). He came here to smear Linux
> and defame Linux enthusiasts like me and you.
>
> Don't confuse Linux with anti-Linux agents masquerading as "Linux people".

I might be wrong, but I can't believe that this is actually TonyUK. I
think it's another forger (Clogwog).

TonyUK was a very nice, integer and intelligent person, I just can't
believe that he dropped GNU/Linux as his primary OS, as a result of the
vile attacks by Wintrolls.

When I started using GNU/Linux, I became aware of the fact that the Vole
is lying and that they have ripped my bank account. This is when I
started *disliking* the Vole. The M$ Evangeli$t$ however made me *hate*
the Vole.

IMHO the vile attacks by the Wintrolls do not make you drop GNU/Linux
but the opposite.

I think it's a faker :-(

--
|_|0|_| Marti van Lin (ML2MST)
|_|_|0| http://ml2mst.googlepages.com
|0|0|0| http://osgeex.blogspot.com
0
Marti
12/11/2009 1:54:16 AM
On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 15:45:16 -0700, Snit wrote:

> Rick stated in post jZadneSc4buR5LzWnZ2dnUVZ_qJi4p2d@supernews.com on
> 12/10/09 3:41 PM:

>>> So you deny you are the one who suggested we use Ubuntu as the
>>> comparison.
>>>
>>>   Rick:
>>>     >  Pick your distro.
>>>     Ubuntu.
>>
>> Give me the message ID s I can see the context, if you dare.
>
> Do you deny you selected Ubuntu to be the "mature" distro you wanted to
> look at?  Yes or no?

Give me the message ID s I can see the context, if you dare.

>>> But if you think Ubuntu does not work for the comparison you wanted,
>>> fine... select another distro.
>>>
>>> But you will not.  You know *none* of them will compare well, in this
>>> area, even with MS's OS from two versions ago.
>>
>> XP is currently shipping on new computers in both the consumer and
>> enterprise markets.
>
> You sure repeat yourself a lot when you have nothing to say. ...

You make meaningless statements when you have nothing of value to say.

--
Rick
0
On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 18:15:22 -0700, Snit wrote:

> Rick stated in post R5WdnZzTYqaBBLzWnZ2dnUVZ_qFi4p2d@supernews.com on
> 12/10/09 5:58 PM:
>
>> On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 16:02:08 -0700, Snit wrote:
>>
>>> Rick stated in post jZadneec4bvv4bzWnZ2dnUVZ_qJi4p2d@supernews.com on
>>> 12/10/09 3:55 PM:

>>> Ah, so you think the current version of Ubuntu is mature,
>>
>> Yes, I do.
>>
>>> but not mature
>>> enough to compare favorably to the MS OS from 2000.
>>
>> First, I didn't compare Ubuntu to MS OS from 2000.
>>

>> Second, I posted pictures of file and print dialogs of various apps
>> running under XP, which is currently shipping on consumer and
>> enterprise computers, and without comparison to any other OS.
>>
>>> Well, Ubuntu is
>>> mature *for a desktop Linux distro*, so our views might not be that
>>> far apart on this.
>>
>> You rarely honestly understand my views, so I have no idea if they are
>> similar.
>
> If you find a disto of desktop Linux you think is as mature as Windows,
> even from 2000, please let me, and COLA, know.

I asked before, and am doing so again. Define mature. Be specific.

> Until then, well, it is
> clear you and I agree that Ubuntu is a pretty darn good Linux distro -
> *for* Linux - but, at least in UI consistency / polish / maturity
> issues, it is not up to the competition.  Even from 2003.

No, we do not agree. Your saying so does not make it so.

--
Rick
0

> On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 15:45:16 -0700, Snit wrote:
>
>> Rick stated in post jZadneSc4buR5LzWnZ2dnUVZ_qJi4p2d@supernews.com on
>> 12/10/09 3:41 PM:

>>> Give me the message ID s I can see the context, if you dare.
>>
>> Do you deny you selected Ubuntu to be the "mature" distro you wanted to
>> look at?  Yes or no?
>
> Give me the message ID s I can see the context, if you dare.

>>> XP is currently shipping on new computers in both the consumer and
>>> enterprise markets.
>>
>> You sure repeat yourself a lot when you have nothing to say. ...
>
> You make meaningless statements when you have nothing of value to say.

Why the above snottiness?  You and I both agree that there is no desktop
Linux distro that is as consistent, polished and mature (in terms of UI) as
what MS was producing nearly a decade ago.  If you disagreed you would stand
by your claim that Ubuntu was a mature distro... but when comparing to MS
you back off.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

0
Snit
12/11/2009 2:15:41 AM
On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 19:15:41 -0700, Snit wrote:

> Rick stated in post R5WdnZ7TYqbnN7zWnZ2dnUVZ_qFi4p2d@supernews.com on
> 12/10/09 7:12 PM:
>
>> On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 15:45:16 -0700, Snit wrote:
>>
>>> Rick stated in post jZadneSc4buR5LzWnZ2dnUVZ_qJi4p2d@supernews.com on
>>> 12/10/09 3:41 PM:

>>> Do you deny you selected Ubuntu to be the "mature" distro you wanted
>>> to look at?  Yes or no?
>>
>> Give me the message ID s I can see the context, if you dare.

>>> You sure repeat yourself a lot when you have nothing to say. ...
>>
>> You make meaningless statements when you have nothing of value to say.
>
> Why the above snottiness?  You and I both agree that there is no desktop
> Linux distro that is as consistent, polished and mature (in terms of UI)
> as what MS was producing nearly a decade ago.

You do not get to decide whether I agree with you or not. And, by the
way, I DO NOT AGREE WITH YOU.

> If you disagreed you
> would stand by your claim that Ubuntu was a mature distro...

Please provide a message ID where I stated Ubuntu was a mature distro.

> but when comparing to MS you back off.

You don't get to decide for me what I would and would not do in any
particular situation. And I can't back away from something I never said.

--
Rick
0

>> If you find a disto of desktop Linux you think is as mature as Windows,
>> even from 2000, please let me, and COLA, know.
>
> I asked before, and am doing so again. Define mature. Be specific.

Wait, but you already said Ubuntu was mature!  And we already had the
discussion on what it means to be mature - but without even looking that up,
I will go with a mature UI is one that does a pretty darn good job of
following the established science and standards around what makes an
effective UI.  Some examples that might help you:

<http://developer.apple.com/mac/library/documentation/UserExperience/Concept
ual/AppleHIGuidelines/XHIGIntro/XHIGIntro.html>

<http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/Aa511258.aspx>

<http://library.gnome.org/devel/hig-book/stable/>

<http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Usability/HIG>

Without going through an exhaustive study of each and looking at their pros
and cons, suffice it to say that the closer a system / OS does of following
one of those guidelines the more mature it is.  We would have to look a the
guidelines in more detail to see which best follows the established science.
I suspect it is the first I list, but there are some areas where I think it
likely fails (the single menu might not make sense for today's multiple
monitors, etc.).

>> Until then, well, it is
>> clear you and I agree that Ubuntu is a pretty darn good Linux distro -
>> *for* Linux - but, at least in UI consistency / polish / maturity
>> issues, it is not up to the competition.  Even from 2003.
>
> No, we do not agree. Your saying so does not make it so.

Your games are boring.  You contradict yourself, run from your own comments,
and then whine that you are not understood.  Why not be an adult and
actually take a stand... even if that stand is you do not know!  Your
wishy-washy flip flops and dodges make you look like a wet noodle.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

0
Snit
12/11/2009 2:35:11 AM
Rick stated in post R5WdnZjTYqb3MLzWnZ2dnUVZ_qFi4p2d@supernews.com on
12/10/09 7:24 PM:

>> Why the above snottiness?  You and I both agree that there is no desktop
>> Linux distro that is as consistent, polished and mature (in terms of UI)
>> as what MS was producing nearly a decade ago.
>
> You do not get to decide whether I agree with you or not. And, by the
> way, I DO NOT AGREE WITH YOU.
>

>> If you disagreed you
>> would stand by your claim that Ubuntu was a mature distro...
>
> Please provide a message ID where I stated Ubuntu was a mature distro.
>
>> but when comparing to MS you back off.
>
> You don't get to decide for me what I would and would not do in any
> particular situation. And I can't back away from something I never said.

Funny: you deny you said what I say, but you do not even try to set the
record straight with what your beliefs are.  You would rather just be vague,
make people guess, and then whine you are not understood. In the end,
though, you will not point to a Linux distro even you think is as mature as
Windows was in 2000!

Well, you will not do so again - your last effort really blew up on you.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

0
Snit
12/11/2009 2:36:41 AM

____/ Marti van Lin on Friday 11 Dec 2009 01:54 : \____

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> ____/ Tony(UK) on Thursday 10 Dec 2009 08:02 : \____

>>> As you can see by my headers, I no longer use Linux as my primary
>>> operating system. Why is this?
>>
>>> It is mainly down to individuals like you, and those who are intent on
>>> the self-destruction of Linux and the personal attacks on it's users.
>>
>>> Remember - one day you may be in a similar situation (to me). I can
>>> think of no-one more who deserves this dubious honor.
>>
>> Tony,
>>
>> "Hadron" was never a Linux user (not in the proper sense). He came here to
>> smear Linux and defame Linux enthusiasts like me and you.
>>
>> Don't confuse Linux with anti-Linux agents masquerading as "Linux people".
>
> I might be wrong, but I can't believe that this is actually TonyUK. I
> think it's another forger (Clogwog).
>
> TonyUK was a very nice, integer and intelligent person, I just can't
> believe that he dropped GNU/Linux as his primary OS, as a result of the
> vile attacks by Wintrolls.
>
> When I started using GNU/Linux, I became aware of the fact that the Vole
> is lying and that they have ripped my bank account. This is when I
> started *disliking* the Vole. The M$ Evangeli$t$ however made me *hate*
> the Vole.
>
> IMHO the vile attacks by the Wintrolls do not make you drop GNU/Linux
> but the opposite.
>
> I think it's a faker :-(

They reflect badly on the /Windows/ community, not the Linux community that's
the /victim/ here.

BTW, Microsoft's shills (yes, technical evangelists on the payroll) don't
like my posts about them... they link to them in MSDN and add justifications
for what they do.

- --
		~~ Best of wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Linux: the most popular, but not most widespread
http://Schestowitz.com  | Mandriva Linux |     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
         run-level 2  Nov 17 02:36

0
Roy
12/11/2009 2:50:50 AM

0
Roy
12/11/2009 2:52:19 AM
On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 19:36:41 -0700, Snit wrote:

> Rick stated in post R5WdnZjTYqb3MLzWnZ2dnUVZ_qFi4p2d@supernews.com on
> 12/10/09 7:24 PM:
>
>>> Why the above snottiness?  You and I both agree that there is no
>>> desktop Linux distro that is as consistent, polished and mature (in
>>> terms of UI) as what MS was producing nearly a decade ago.
>>
>> You do not get to decide whether I agree with you or not. And, by the
>> way, I DO NOT AGREE WITH YOU.
>>

>>> If you disagreed you
>>> would stand by your claim that Ubuntu was a mature distro...
>>
>> Please provide a message ID where I stated Ubuntu was a mature distro.
>>
>>> but when comparing to MS you back off.
>>
>> You don't get to decide for me what I would and would not do in any
>> particular situation. And I can't back away from something I never
>> said.
>
> Funny: you deny you said what I say, but you do not even try to set the
> record straight with what your beliefs are.  You would rather just be
> vague, make people guess, and then whine you are not understood. In the
> end, though, you will not point to a Linux distro even you think is as
> mature as Windows was in 2000!
>
> Well, you will not do so again - your last effort really blew up on you.

What does it take? There was no "last effort". I did not compare windows
to Ubuntu.

To prove your assertion, provide a message ID where I compared Ubuntu to
Windows.

--
Rick
0
On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 19:35:11 -0700, Snit wrote:

> Rick stated in post R5WdnZnTYqZjN7zWnZ2dnUVZ_qFi4p2d@supernews.com on
> 12/10/09 7:14 PM:
>
>>> If you find a disto of desktop Linux you think is as mature as
>>> Windows, even from 2000, please let me, and COLA, know.
>>
>> I asked before, and am doing so again. Define mature. Be specific.
>
> Wait, but you already said Ubuntu was mature!

Wait, show me the message ID where I said that.

> And we already had the
> discussion on what it means to be mature -

Really? Where?

> but without even looking that
> up, I will go with a mature UI is one that does a pretty darn good job
> of following the established science and standards around what makes an
> effective UI.  Some examples that might help you:
>
> <http://developer.apple.com/mac/library/documentation/UserExperience/
Concept
> ual/AppleHIGuidelines/XHIGIntro/XHIGIntro.html>
>
> <http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/Aa511258.aspx>
>
> <http://library.gnome.org/devel/hig-book/stable/>
>
> <http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Usability/HIG>
>
> Without going through an exhaustive study of each and looking at their
> pros and cons, suffice it to say that the closer a system / OS does of
> following one of those guidelines the more mature it is.  We would have
> to look a the guidelines in more detail to see which best follows the
> established science. I suspect it is the first I list, but there are
> some areas where I think it likely fails (the single menu might not make
> sense for today's multiple monitors, etc.).
>
>>> Until then, well, it is
>>> clear you and I agree that Ubuntu is a pretty darn good Linux distro -
>>> *for* Linux - but, at least in UI consistency / polish / maturity
>>> issues, it is not up to the competition.  Even from 2003.
>>
>> No, we do not agree. Your saying so does not make it so.
>
> Your games are boring.  You contradict yourself, run from your own
> comments, and then whine that you are not understood.  Why not be an
> adult and actually take a stand... even if that stand is you do not
> know!  Your wishy-washy flip flops and dodges make you look like a wet
> noodle.

Provide message IDs showing I have said what you claim I have said. I
have made multiple request, and yet you don't post the IDs.

--
Rick
0
Rick <none@mail.invalid> writes:

> On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 19:35:11 -0700, Snit wrote:
>
>> Rick stated in post R5WdnZnTYqZjN7zWnZ2dnUVZ_qFi4p2d@supernews.com on
>> 12/10/09 7:14 PM:

>>> I asked before, and am doing so again. Define mature. Be specific.
>>
>> Wait, but you already said Ubuntu was mature!
>
> Wait, show me the message ID where I said that.
>
>> And we already had the
>> discussion on what it means to be mature -
>
> Really? Where?
>
>> but without even looking that
>> up, I will go with a mature UI is one that does a pretty darn good job
>> of following the established science and standards around what makes an
>> effective UI.  Some examples that might help you:
>>
>> <http://developer.apple.com/mac/library/documentation/UserExperience/
> Concept
>> ual/AppleHIGuidelines/XHIGIntro/XHIGIntro.html>
>>
>> <http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/Aa511258.aspx>
>>
>> <http://library.gnome.org/devel/hig-book/stable/>
>>
>> <http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Usability/HIG>
>>
>> Without going through an exhaustive study of each and looking at their
>> pros and cons, suffice it to say that the closer a system / OS does of
>> following one of those guidelines the more mature it is.  We would have
>> to look a the guidelines in more detail to see which best follows the
>> established science. I suspect it is the first I list, but there are
>> some areas where I think it likely fails (the single menu might not make
>> sense for today's multiple monitors, etc.).

>>> No, we do not agree. Your saying so does not make it so.
>>
>> Your games are boring.  You contradict yourself, run from your own
>> comments, and then whine that you are not understood.  Why not be an
>> adult and actually take a stand... even if that stand is you do not
>> know!  Your wishy-washy flip flops and dodges make you look like a wet
>> noodle.
>
> Provide message IDs showing I have said what you claim I have said. I
> have made multiple request, and yet you don't post the IDs.

Rick, go see your doctor. You did.

Snit then did a feature by feature comparison of the ancient XP and the
modern Ubuntu  UI consistency features.

It's all here for everyone to read. Are you being paid to troll Snit or
make yourself look stupid?

0
hadronquark (21814)
12/11/2009 3:09:25 AM
On Fri, 11 Dec 2009 04:09:25 +0100, Hadron wrote:

> Rick <none@mail.invalid> writes:
>
>> On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 19:35:11 -0700, Snit wrote:
>>
>>> Rick stated in post R5WdnZnTYqZjN7zWnZ2dnUVZ_qFi4p2d@supernews.com on
>>> 12/10/09 7:14 PM:

>>> Wait, but you already said Ubuntu was mature!
>>
>> Wait, show me the message ID where I said that.
>>
>>> And we already had the
>>> discussion on what it means to be mature -
>>
>> Really? Where?
>>
>>> but without even looking that
>>> up, I will go with a mature UI is one that does a pretty darn good job
>>> of following the established science and standards around what makes
>>> an effective UI.  Some examples that might help you:
>>>
>>> <http://developer.apple.com/mac/library/documentation/UserExperience/
>> Concept
>>> ual/AppleHIGuidelines/XHIGIntro/XHIGIntro.html>
>>>
>>> <http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/Aa511258.aspx>
>>>
>>> <http://library.gnome.org/devel/hig-book/stable/>
>>>
>>> <http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Usability/HIG>
>>>
>>> Without going through an exhaustive study of each and looking at their
>>> pros and cons, suffice it to say that the closer a system / OS does of
>>> following one of those guidelines the more mature it is.  We would
>>> have to look a the guidelines in more detail to see which best follows
>>> the established science. I suspect it is the first I list, but there
>>> are some areas where I think it likely fails (the single menu might
>>> not make sense for today's multiple monitors, etc.).

>>> Your games are boring.  You contradict yourself, run from your own
>>> comments, and then whine that you are not understood.  Why not be an
>>> adult and actually take a stand... even if that stand is you do not
>>> know!  Your wishy-washy flip flops and dodges make you look like a wet
>>> noodle.
>>
>> Provide message IDs showing I have said what you claim I have said. I
>> have made multiple request, and yet you don't post the IDs.
>
> Rick, go see your doctor. You did.

Provide the message ID.

> Snit then did a feature by feature comparison of the ancient XP and the
> modern Ubuntu  UI consistency features.

I don't care what -Snit- did, or did not do. He claimed -I- made a
comparison between Windows and Ubuntu. I did not. Fell free to prove
otherwise.

> It's all here for everyone to read. Are you being paid to troll Snit or
> make yourself look stupid?

Do you still beat your wife?

--
Rick
0

>> Funny: you deny you said what I say, but you do not even try to set the
>> record straight with what your beliefs are.  You would rather just be
>> vague, make people guess, and then whine you are not understood. In the
>> end, though, you will not point to a Linux distro even you think is as
>> mature as Windows was in 2000!
>>
>> Well, you will not do so again - your last effort really blew up on you.
>
> What does it take? There was no "last effort". I did not compare windows
> to Ubuntu.
>
> To prove your assertion, provide a message ID where I compared Ubuntu to
> Windows.

At least we agree you cannot think of a desktop Linux distro that is as
mature as Windows was even in 2000.  Yeah, I know - you will deny it as you
run from the very topic.  It is clear you cannot think of one - if you could
your game playing would already be over.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

0
Snit
12/11/2009 4:01:13 AM
Rick stated in post R5WdnZrTYqYcK7zWnZ2dnUVZ_qFi4p2d@supernews.com on
12/10/09 8:03 PM:

> On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 19:35:11 -0700, Snit wrote:
>
>> Rick stated in post R5WdnZnTYqZjN7zWnZ2dnUVZ_qFi4p2d@supernews.com on
>> 12/10/09 7:14 PM:

>>> I asked before, and am doing so again. Define mature. Be specific.
>>
>> Wait, but you already said Ubuntu was mature!
>
> Wait, show me the message ID where I said that.
>
>> And we already had the
>> discussion on what it means to be mature -
>
> Really? Where?
>
>> but without even looking that
>> up, I will go with a mature UI is one that does a pretty darn good job
>> of following the established science and standards around what makes an
>> effective UI.  Some examples that might help you:
>>
>> <http://developer.apple.com/mac/library/documentation/UserExperience/
> Concept
>> ual/AppleHIGuidelines/XHIGIntro/XHIGIntro.html>
>>
>> <http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/Aa511258.aspx>
>>
>> <http://library.gnome.org/devel/hig-book/stable/>
>>
>> <http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Usability/HIG>
>>
>> Without going through an exhaustive study of each and looking at their
>> pros and cons, suffice it to say that the closer a system / OS does of
>> following one of those guidelines the more mature it is.  We would have
>> to look a the guidelines in more detail to see which best follows the
>> established science. I suspect it is the first I list, but there are
>> some areas where I think it likely fails (the single menu might not make
>> sense for today's multiple monitors, etc.).

>>> No, we do not agree. Your saying so does not make it so.
>>
>> Your games are boring.  You contradict yourself, run from your own
>> comments, and then whine that you are not understood.  Why not be an
>> adult and actually take a stand... even if that stand is you do not
>> know!  Your wishy-washy flip flops and dodges make you look like a wet
>> noodle.
>
> Provide message IDs showing I have said what you claim I have said. I
> have made multiple request, and yet you don't post the IDs.

As I said: your games are boring.  You speak in vagaries and whine that you
are not understood.  Grow up and take a stand.  Stop whining.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

0
Snit
12/11/2009 4:02:04 AM
Hadron stated in post hfsd56$tlh$1@hadron.eternal-september.org on 12/10/09
8:09 PM:

> Rick <none@mail.invalid> writes:
>
>> On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 19:35:11 -0700, Snit wrote:
>>
>>> Rick stated in post R5WdnZnTYqZjN7zWnZ2dnUVZ_qFi4p2d@supernews.com on
>>> 12/10/09 7:14 PM:

>>> Wait, but you already said Ubuntu was mature!
>>
>> Wait, show me the message ID where I said that.
>>
>>> And we already had the
>>> discussion on what it means to be mature -
>>
>> Really? Where?
>>
>>> but without even looking that
>>> up, I will go with a mature UI is one that does a pretty darn good job
>>> of following the established science and standards around what makes an
>>> effective UI.  Some examples that might help you:
>>>
>>> <http://developer.apple.com/mac/library/documentation/UserExperience/
>> Concept
>>> ual/AppleHIGuidelines/XHIGIntro/XHIGIntro.html>
>>>
>>> <http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/Aa511258.aspx>
>>>
>>> <http://library.gnome.org/devel/hig-book/stable/>
>>>
>>> <http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Usability/HIG>
>>>
>>> Without going through an exhaustive study of each and looking at their
>>> pros and cons, suffice it to say that the closer a system / OS does of
>>> following one of those guidelines the more mature it is.  We would have
>>> to look a the guidelines in more detail to see which best follows the
>>> established science. I suspect it is the first I list, but there are
>>> some areas where I think it likely fails (the single menu might not make
>>> sense for today's multiple monitors, etc.).

>>> Your games are boring.  You contradict yourself, run from your own
>>> comments, and then whine that you are not understood.  Why not be an
>>> adult and actually take a stand... even if that stand is you do not
>>> know!  Your wishy-washy flip flops and dodges make you look like a wet
>>> noodle.
>>
>> Provide message IDs showing I have said what you claim I have said. I
>> have made multiple request, and yet you don't post the IDs.
>
> Rick, go see your doctor. You did.
>
> Snit then did a feature by feature comparison of the ancient XP and the
> modern Ubuntu  UI consistency features.
>
> It's all here for everyone to read. Are you being paid to troll Snit or
> make yourself look stupid?

I was waiting for him to whine a few more times... then dig up his exact
quotes.  It is more fun to watch him deny then.  :)

Really, though, I am also giving him an out - all he has to do is state his
views and any BS about who said what can be dropped.  He is afraid to speak
of Linux - he has put himself in a position where he cannot say it is as
mature as Windows, but he dare not admit it is not.  He backs himself into
corners like that often.

And you better believe if he thought I was wrong he would be shouting his
view from the mountain tops.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

0
Snit
12/11/2009 4:04:29 AM
On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 21:01:13 -0700, Snit wrote:

> Rick stated in post R5WdnZvTYqZCKLzWnZ2dnUVZ_qFi4p2d@supernews.com on
> 12/10/09 8:00 PM:
>
>>> Funny: you deny you said what I say, but you do not even try to set
>>> the record straight with what your beliefs are.  You would rather just
>>> be vague, make people guess, and then whine you are not understood. In
>>> the end, though, you will not point to a Linux distro even you think
>>> is as mature as Windows was in 2000!
>>>
>>> Well, you will not do so again - your last effort really blew up on
>>> you.
>>
>> What does it take? There was no "last effort". I did not compare
>> windows to Ubuntu.
>>
>> To prove your assertion, provide a message ID where I compared Ubuntu
>> to Windows.
>
> At least we agree you cannot think of a desktop Linux distro that is as
> mature as Windows was even in 2000.  Yeah, I know - you will deny it as
> you run from the very topic.  It is clear you cannot think of one - if
> you could your game playing would already be over.

It is clear you are psychotic.

--
Rick
0
On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 21:02:04 -0700, Snit wrote:

> Rick stated in post R5WdnZrTYqYcK7zWnZ2dnUVZ_qFi4p2d@supernews.com on
> 12/10/09 8:03 PM:
>
>> On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 19:35:11 -0700, Snit wrote:
>>
>>> Rick stated in post R5WdnZnTYqZjN7zWnZ2dnUVZ_qFi4p2d@supernews.com on
>>> 12/10/09 7:14 PM:

>>> Wait, but you already said Ubuntu was mature!
>>
>> Wait, show me the message ID where I said that.
>>
>>> And we already had the
>>> discussion on what it means to be mature -
>>
>> Really? Where?
>>
>>> but without even looking that
>>> up, I will go with a mature UI is one that does a pretty darn good job
>>> of following the established science and standards around what makes
>>> an effective UI.  Some examples that might help you:
>>>
>>> <http://developer.apple.com/mac/library/documentation/UserExperience/
>> Concept
>>> ual/AppleHIGuidelines/XHIGIntro/XHIGIntro.html>
>>>
>>> <http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/Aa511258.aspx>
>>>
>>> <http://library.gnome.org/devel/hig-book/stable/>
>>>
>>> <http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Usability/HIG>
>>>
>>> Without going through an exhaustive study of each and looking at their
>>> pros and cons, suffice it to say that the closer a system / OS does of
>>> following one of those guidelines the more mature it is.  We would
>>> have to look a the guidelines in more detail to see which best follows
>>> the established science. I suspect it is the first I list, but there
>>> are some areas where I think it likely fails (the single menu might
>>> not make sense for today's multiple monitors, etc.).

>>> Your games are boring.  You contradict yourself, run from your own
>>> comments, and then whine that you are not understood.  Why not be an
>>> adult and actually take a stand... even if that stand is you do not
>>> know!  Your wishy-washy flip flops and dodges make you look like a wet
>>> noodle.
>>
>> Provide message IDs showing I have said what you claim I have said. I
>> have made multiple request, and yet you don't post the IDs.
>
> As I said: your games are boring.  You speak in vagaries and whine that
> you are not understood.  Grow up and take a stand.  Stop whining.

As I said:Provide message IDs showing I have said what you claim I have
said. I have made multiple request, and yet you don't post the IDs.

--
Rick
0
Rick
12/11/2009 4:09:17 AM
Rick stated in post KP2dnW-5xvRWWLzWnZ2dnUVZ_g5i4p2d@supernews.com on
12/10/09 9:08 PM:

> On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 21:01:13 -0700, Snit wrote:
>
>> Rick stated in post R5WdnZvTYqZCKLzWnZ2dnUVZ_qFi4p2d@supernews.com on
>> 12/10/09 8:00 PM:

>>> What does it take? There was no "last effort". I did not compare
>>> windows to Ubuntu.
>>>
>>> To prove your assertion, provide a message ID where I compared Ubuntu
>>> to Windows.
>>
>> At least we agree you cannot think of a desktop Linux distro that is as
>> mature as Windows was even in 2000.  Yeah, I know - you will deny it as
>> you run from the very topic.  It is clear you cannot think of one - if
>> you could your game playing would already be over.
>
> It is clear you are psychotic.

See: when you push yourself into a corner you lash out with insults and
other BS.  Why not try to rise above that and speak about Linux. Wait: you
cannot.  You know your hand picked distro, Ubuntu, fares poorly in terms of
UI issues when compared to even Win XP - the current Ubuntu vs. Windows of
two versions ago.  And you think XP wins.  No wonder you are running so
fast... no comparison from you, no other distro named... nothing.  You
*hate* talking about Linux.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

0
Snit
12/11/2009 4:28:18 AM
Rick stated in post KP2dnW65xvRwWLzWnZ2dnUVZ_g5i4p2d@supernews.com on
12/10/09 9:09 PM:

>> As I said: your games are boring.  You speak in vagaries and whine that
>> you are not understood.  Grow up and take a stand.  Stop whining.
>
> As I said:Provide message IDs showing I have said what you claim I have
> said. I have made multiple request, and yet you don't post the IDs.

Yaaaawn.

At least we agree that modern Ubuntu fares poorly in terms of UI issues in
comparison to even a relatively ancient version of Windows.  Yeah, you have
to deny it or run from it to keep your buddies happy... but you do not
challenge it by even trying to show where I am wrong... and your hand-picked
screenshots were good evidence to support my claim.  Sure, you try to be as
vague as possible - you are not very confident and are afraid to take a
stand.

Anyway, feel free to get the last word in... do not forget to call me names,
make accusations, and play other games to avoid talking about Linux.  You
know that is the last thing you want to do.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

0
Snit
12/11/2009 4:30:55 AM
On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 21:30:55 -0700, Snit wrote:

> Rick stated in post KP2dnW65xvRwWLzWnZ2dnUVZ_g5i4p2d@supernews.com on
> 12/10/09 9:09 PM:
>
>>> As I said: your games are boring.  You speak in vagaries and whine
>>> that you are not understood.  Grow up and take a stand.  Stop whining.
>>
>> As I said: Provide message IDs showing I have said what you claim I
>> have said. I have made multiple request,
>> and yet you don't post the IDs.
>
> Yaaaawn.
>
> At least we agree (snip)

No, we don't.

--
Rick
0
Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> ____/ Marti van Lin on Friday 11 Dec 2009 01:54 : \____
>
>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>> ____/ Tony(UK) on Thursday 10 Dec 2009 08:02 : \____

>>> Tony,
>>>
>>> "Hadron" was never a Linux user (not in the proper sense). He came here to
>>> smear Linux and defame Linux enthusiasts like me and you.
>>>
>>> Don't confuse Linux with anti-Linux agents masquerading as "Linux people".
>> I might be wrong, but I can't believe that this is actually TonyUK. I
>> think it's another forger (Clogwog).
>
>> TonyUK was a very nice, integer and intelligent person, I just can't
>> believe that he dropped GNU/Linux as his primary OS, as a result of the
>> vile attacks by Wintrolls.
>
>> When I started using GNU/Linux, I became aware of the fact that the Vole
>> is lying and that they have ripped my bank account. This is when I
>> started *disliking* the Vole. The M$ Evangeli$t$ however made me *hate*
>> the Vole.
>
>> IMHO the vile attacks by the Wintrolls do not make you drop GNU/Linux
>> but the opposite.
>
>> I think it's a faker :-(
>
> They reflect badly on the /Windows/ community, not the Linux community that's
> the /victim/ here.

Indeed, I am very well aware of that fact.

> BTW, Microsoft's shills (yes, technical evangelists on the payroll) don't
> like my posts about them... they link to them in MSDN and add justifications
> for what they do.

What else do you expect? Only a remorseless bald faced liar is suitable
for the TE job. They are paid to spread lies and misinformation after all.

A integer (ethical) person is unable to do that job. His or her
conscience would be a "handicap".

Like all their fellow criminals they have to justify their crimes.

--
|_|0|_| Marti van Lin (ML2MST)
|_|_|0| http://ml2mst.googlepages.com
|0|0|0| http://osgeex.blogspot.com
0
Marti
12/11/2009 5:08:58 AM
On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 17:43:17 -0800, Franck wrote:

> Marti van Lin wrote:
>

>> Indeed, getting attacked by the Wintrolls does not make one quit using
>> GNU/Linux as your primary Operating System. In fact the opposite is
>> true. The vile Wintrolls make you *hate* M$.
>>
>> It is crystal clear, this is *not* TonyUK but a forger.
>>
>> Cheers ;-)
>>

> You are a fucking idiot, Marti.

Actually Marti is a nice guy, and even if it was tony(uk), that doesn't
change a thing about Marti, now FOAD please ?

PLONK!

--
This machine running Gnu/Linux Ubuntu 9.10 and posting via Pan.
Terry
12/11/2009 9:35:44 AM
"Gregory Shearman" <ZekeGregory@netscape.net> schreef in bericht
> On 2009-12-11, Chris Ahlstrom <ahlstromc@launchmodem.com> wrote:
>> Gregory Shearman pulled this Usenet boner:

>>> Nope... you've got me.. but I'm intrigued.
>>
>> "Riders of the Purple Wage" (the "Dangerous Visions" version).
>>
>> It was one of "Win Again" Winnegan's puns.
>
> Jesus... you didn't try to make it obscure, did you? I don't live next
> to PJF (or where he DID live) in Illinois. I *have* read "Riders" before
> but that was a LONG time ago. I've got a copy of Hugo winners somewhere
> in my library that also has a story by Anne McCaffery in it.

I knew it!, when poo is involved Shearman (Ass man) and LiarSuck start
shit-chatting to each other, lol !
Linux must have made them gay!

0
Amanda
12/11/2009 9:49:46 AM
"Amanda Shithousedoor" <amanda@nospam.eu> writes:

> "Gregory Shearman" <ZekeGregory@netscape.net> schreef in bericht
>> On 2009-12-11, Chris Ahlstrom <ahlstromc@launchmodem.com> wrote:
>>> Gregory Shearman pulled this Usenet boner:

>>> "Riders of the Purple Wage" (the "Dangerous Visions" version).
>>>
>>> It was one of "Win Again" Winnegan's puns.
>>
>> Jesus... you didn't try to make it obscure, did you? I don't live next
>> to PJF (or where he DID live) in Illinois. I *have* read "Riders" before
>> but that was a LONG time ago. I've got a copy of Hugo winners somewhere
>> in my library that also has a story by Anne McCaffery in it.
>>
> I knew it!, when poo is involved Shearman (Ass man) and LiarSuck start
> shit-chatting to each other, lol !
> Linux must have made them gay!

When I saw the "intrigued" reply I swear I could hear Liarnut's tail
wagging.

0
Hadron
12/11/2009 12:23:00 PM
On 2009-12-11, Amanda Shithousedoor <amanda@nospam.eu> wrote:
> "Gregory Shearman" <ZekeGregory@netscape.net> schreef in bericht
>> Jesus... you didn't try to make it obscure, did you? I don't live next
>> to PJF (or where he DID live) in Illinois. I *have* read "Riders" before
>> but that was a LONG time ago. I've got a copy of Hugo winners somewhere
>> in my library that also has a story by Anne McCaffery in it.
>>
> poo
> shit
> gay

Typical post from you.

--
Regards,

Gregory.
Gentoo Linux - Penguin Power
0
Gregory
12/11/2009 12:40:31 PM
JEDIDIAH wrote:

> Quack snotted:
>>
>> Would you like to address the practicalities of who will transcribe all
>> the worlds literature into a medium suitable for blind people?

Oh, that task can't be computerized?

Fsckwit.  Asshole.

>    ...leave out the gestapo copyright enforcement tactics and the problem
>will actually sort itself out. There are 6 Billion people on the planet that
>can help with the problem. The only thing that really matters in the end is
>whether or not the author gets their usual cut for the given user.
>
>    For some works, the "fans" will actually do a remarkably better job.

Like FOSS.

0
chrisv
12/11/2009 1:45:37 PM
chrisv <chrisv@nospam.invalid> writes:

> JEDIDIAH wrote:
>
>> Quack snotted:
>>>
>>> Would you like to address the practicalities of who will transcribe all
>>> the worlds literature into a medium suitable for blind people?
>
> Oh, that task can't be computerized?

Your point is?

> Fsckwit.  Asshole.
>
>>    ...leave out the gestapo copyright enforcement tactics and the problem
>>will actually sort itself out. There are 6 Billion people on the planet that
>>can help with the problem. The only thing that really matters in the end is
>>whether or not the author gets their usual cut for the given user.
>>
>>    For some works, the "fans" will actually do a remarkably better job.
>
> Like FOSS.

The maybe FOSS can write all the books too?

You freetards nauseate me.

No one is against helping the less fortunate. What is the issue is where
you draw the line so that greedy freetards like you don't hop on  the
bandwagon and steal people's work giving no compensation back.

0
Hadron
12/11/2009 1:49:16 PM
On 2009-12-11, Hadron <hadronquark@gmail.com> wrote:

> chrisv <chrisv@nospam.invalid> writes:
>
>> JEDIDIAH wrote:
>>
>>> Quack snotted:

>> Oh, that task can't be computerized?
>
> Your point is?

   The task that you would like to claim as insurmountable has already
been successfully automated and there is at least one patron ready willing
and waiting to pay for the work to be done.

>> Fsckwit.  Asshole.
>>
>>>    ...leave out the gestapo copyright enforcement tactics and the problem
>>>will actually sort itself out. There are 6 Billion people on the planet that
>>>can help with the problem. The only thing that really matters in the end is
>>>whether or not the author gets their usual cut for the given user.
>>>
>>>    For some works, the "fans" will actually do a remarkably better job.
>>
>> Like FOSS.
>
> The maybe FOSS can write all the books too?

    They do that too.

> You freetards nauseate me.

    Your Drama Queen routine is tiresome already.

    Those works are all intended to be consumed and eventually built upon
anwyays. The fact that some person somewhere might decide to play to the
role of "Irish Monk" is really nothing for anyone to get their panties in
a bunch over.

    ...you also conveniently left out the part where I said the only really
relevant part is whether or not the author gets their cut. Fantasies about
artistic megalomania are really quite irrelevant.

    One does not need to be a "freetard" to object to being repeatedly
charged over and over again for the same thing. Objecting to that sort of
nonsense isn't "being a freetard", it's "merely being a man".

    Once someone pays for their legit copy of something, that should be last
time that some author with delusions of grandeur can fuck with them.

--

     These Mac Fanboys want vi imposed on everyone.                   |||
                                                                     / | \
0
JEDIDIAH
12/11/2009 2:28:46 PM
> On 2009-12-11, Amanda Shithousedoor <amanda@nospam.eu> wrote:
>> "Gregory Shearman" <ZekeGregory@netscape.net> schreef in bericht
>>> Jesus... you didn't try to make it obscure, did you? I don't live next
>>> to PJF (or where he DID live) in Illinois. I *have* read "Riders" before
>>> but that was a LONG time ago. I've got a copy of Hugo winners somewhere
>>> in my library that also has a story by Anne McCaffery in it.
>>>
>> poo
>> shit
>> gay
>
> Typical post from you.

Liarsuck: "Excretion"
Assman (namely you): "intrigued"
Nuff said!

0
Amanda
12/11/2009 3:39:48 PM
JEDIDIAH wrote:

> Quack snotted:
>>
>> chrisv  writes:

>>> Like FOSS.
>>
>> The maybe FOSS can write all the books too?

We already know that you're a snotty asshole, Quack.  There's no need
to remind us so often.

> They do that too.

My point was that often-times "the people" can do a better job than
"the organization".

>> You freetards nauseate me.
>
> Your Drama Queen routine is tiresome already.

I imagine many things "nauseate" the Quack asshole.

Peace, love, charity...

0
chrisv
12/11/2009 4:03:37 PM
chrisv <chrisv@nospam.invalid> writes:

> JEDIDIAH wrote:
>
>> Quack snotted:

>>> The maybe FOSS can write all the books too?
>
> We already know that you're a snotty asshole, Quack.  There's no need
> to remind us so often.
>
>> They do that too.
>
> My point was that often-times "the people" can do a better job than
> "the organization".

Some times.

>>> You freetards nauseate me.
>>
>> Your Drama Queen routine is tiresome already.
>
> I imagine many things "nauseate" the Quack asshole.
>
> Peace, love, charity...

chrisv. People seeding google with private details. people telling lies
about other laughing at people terminal illnesses. people claiming known
OSS contributors are on the "MS payroll. freetards who take but dont
give. people who claim to be world class C programmers and dont realise
you are not allowed to dereference NULL pointers in C. etc etc. COLA has
a lot to be nauseated about.

0
Hadron
12/11/2009 4:24:16 PM
JEDIDIAH <jedi@nomad.mishnet> writes:

> On 2009-12-11, Hadron <hadronquark@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> chrisv <chrisv@nospam.invalid> writes:

>>> Oh, that task can't be computerized?
>>
>> Your point is?
>
>    The task that you would like to claim as insurmountable has already
> been successfully automated and there is at least one patron ready willing
> and waiting to pay for the work to be done.

You are a liar.

Where did I say it was "insurmountable". Nowhere.

>>> Fsckwit.  Asshole.

>>> Like FOSS.
>>
>> The maybe FOSS can write all the books too?
>
>     They do that too.

The books you idiot. The literature.

>> You freetards nauseate me.
>
>     Your Drama Queen routine is tiresome already.
>
>     Those works are all intended to be consumed and eventually built upon
> anwyays. The fact that some person somewhere might decide to play to the
> role of "Irish Monk" is really nothing for anyone to get their panties in
> a bunch over.

You seem to be changing the subject again. You do that all the
time. Why?

0
Hadron
12/11/2009 4:25:24 PM
chrisv pulled this Usenet boner:

> JEDIDIAH wrote:
>> Quack snotted:
>
>>> You freetards nauseate me.
>>
>> Your Drama Queen routine is tiresome already.
>
> I imagine many things "nauseate" the Quack asshole.
>
> Peace, love, charity...

I remember when "Hadron" professed to be "creeped out" by
wispygalaxy (IIRC).  Funny as hell.

--
Q:	What's the contour integral around Western Europe?
A:	Zero, because all the Poles are in Eastern Europe!

____/ Marti van Lin on Friday 11 Dec 2009 05:08 : \____

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> ____/ Marti van Lin on Friday 11 Dec 2009 01:54 : \____

>>> I might be wrong, but I can't believe that this is actually TonyUK. I
>>> think it's another forger (Clogwog).
>>
>>> TonyUK was a very nice, integer and intelligent person, I just can't
>>> believe that he dropped GNU/Linux as his primary OS, as a result of the
>>> vile attacks by Wintrolls.
>>
>>> When I started using GNU/Linux, I became aware of the fact that the Vole
>>> is lying and that they have ripped my bank account. This is when I
>>> started *disliking* the Vole. The M$ Evangeli$t$ however made me *hate*
>>> the Vole.
>>
>>> IMHO the vile attacks by the Wintrolls do not make you drop GNU/Linux
>>> but the opposite.
>>
>>> I think it's a faker :-(
>>
>> They reflect badly on the /Windows/ community, not the Linux community that's
>> the /victim/ here.
>
> Indeed, I am very well aware of that fact.
>
>> BTW, Microsoft's shills (yes, technical evangelists on the payroll) don't
>> like my posts about them... they link to them in MSDN and add justifications
>> for what they do.
>
> What else do you expect? Only a remorseless bald faced liar is suitable
> for the TE job. They are paid to spread lies and misinformation after all.
>
> A integer (ethical) person is unable to do that job. His or her
> conscience would be a "handicap".
>
> Like all their fellow criminals they have to justify their crimes.

They actually believe what they write, but they are deluded due to lies
Microsoft feeds them. I spoke to a friend who met some Microsoft employees and they
are out of touch with market's market share. It's like that "96% on netbook"
nonsense.

- --
		~~ Best of wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "I regularly SSH to God's brain and reboot"
http://Schestowitz.com  | Mandriva Linux |     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
         run-level 2  Nov 17 02:36

0
Roy
12/11/2009 5:46:55 PM
Roy Schestowitz wrote:

>____/ Marti van Lin on Friday 11 Dec 2009 05:08 : \____
>>
>> What else do you expect? Only a remorseless bald faced liar is suitable
>> for the TE job. They are paid to spread lies and misinformation after all.
>>
>> A integer (ethical) person is unable to do that job. His or her
>> conscience would be a "handicap".
>>
>> Like all their fellow criminals they have to justify their crimes.
>
>They actually believe what they write, but they are deluded due to lies
>Microsoft feeds them.

Well, it's easy for people to delude themselves, and on a number of
levels.

"Customers overwhelmingly 'choose' our product - it must be good."

"No one is being hurt."

"The Microsoft ecosystem  provides gainful employment to a lot of
people."

Etc, etc.

What these rationalizations fail to consider is that people *are*
being hurt.  Lack of healthy competition always, always, ALWAYS
results in a product which is sub-optimal and over-priced.

It may be that each individual Microsoft customer pays "only a little"
more than what they should and that Windows' quality and performance
is "only a little" worse than what it should be.  This is what makes
the problems so easy to overlook.  But when these problems are
multiplied by the *hundreds of millions* of installations, they add-up
to a significant, and unfair, burden on society - overwhelming the
"positives" like those well-paying jobs.

The Microsoft Corp has negative net-worth to society.

0
chrisv
12/11/2009 6:26:27 PM
On Dec 10, 7:35=A0pm, Snit <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:
> Rick stated in post R5WdnZnTYqZjN7zWnZ2dnUVZ_qFi4...@supernews.com on
> 12/10/09 7:14 PM:
>
> >> If you find a disto of desktop Linux you think is as mature as Windows=
,
> >> even from 2000, please let me, and COLA, know.
>
> > I asked before, and am doing so again. Define mature. Be specific.
>
> Wait, but you already said Ubuntu was mature! =A0And we already had the
> discussion on what it means to be mature - but without even looking that =
up,
> I will go with a mature UI is one that does a pretty darn good job of
> following the established science and standards around what makes an
> effective UI.

In other words... you won't take a stand.

Google shows that just the other day regarding the "user experience"
of "desktop Linux" you claimed:

"... there is no specific benchmark it must reach to earn the title of
"mature".

Of course, you made that statement after having claimed the  "user
experience" of "desktop Linux" was:
"clearly not mature"

And:

"The UI *clearly* has some maturing to do"

If "there is no specific benchmark it must reach" to earn the title of
"mature" then explain how it is "clearly not mature" without talking
about these benchmarks it doesn't need to reach. See how easy it is to
point out how absurd your idiotic trolling is?

HInt: No one is falling for your continued bait and switch BS.

> Your games are boring.

No, "your games are boring"... and *very* easy to spot.

>=A0You contradict yourself,

No, "You contradict yourself".

> run from your own comments,

No, you "run from your own comments".

> and then whine that you are not understood.

No, you "whine that you are not understood".

> Why not be an adult and
> actually take a stand...

Why not practice what you preach (that you're clearly not doing)?

> even if that stand is you do not know! =A0Your
> wishy-washy flip flops and dodges make you look like a wet noodle.

No, you have the "ishy-washy flip flops and dodges" that "make you
look like a wet noodle"... a delusional noodle who projects all his
pathetic traits onto others as he pretends to be arguing but is
actually just trolling with his "psych degree" in tow.
0
Steve
12/11/2009 7:22:18 PM
On 2009-12-11, Hadron <hadronquark@gmail.com> wrote:

> JEDIDIAH <jedi@nomad.mishnet> writes:

>>> Your point is?
>>
>>    The task that you would like to claim as insurmountable has already
>> been successfully automated and there is at least one patron ready willing
>> and waiting to pay for the work to be done.
>
> You are a liar.

[deletia]

If you are going to backpedal on something it helps to try NOT to do it
in the exact same thread where the comments in question are still quoted
in the same message.

--
    Microsoft: Because the world doesn't have enough peasants.        |||
                                                                     / | \
Marti van Lin wrote:

>chrisv wrote:
>> Tony(UK) wrote:
>>
>>> As you can see by my headers, I no longer use Linux as my primary
>>> operating system. Why is this?
>>>
>>> It is mainly down to individuals like you, and those who are intent on
>>> the self-destruction of Linux and the personal attacks on it's users.
>>
>> Huh?  Sorry, but that makes *zero* sense.
>>
>Exactly my thoughts ;-)
>
>Me thinks it's a forger, probably the Toilet clog.

Maybe a forger also wrote the below, back in May.

> Tony(UK) belched:
>>
>> I am posting this from my test machine running Windows 7 RC1. Whilst I
>> still have a great interest in the development of Linux, I regret to say
>> that this version of Windows is superior to any Linux distribution I have
>> used.

0
chrisv
12/11/2009 9:13:19 PM
chrisv wrote:

>Marti van Lin wrote:
>>
>>Me thinks it's a forger, probably the Toilet clog.
>
>Maybe a forger also wrote the below, back in May.

Tony(UK) belched:

> I am posting this from my test machine running Windows 7 RC1. Whilst I
> still have a great interest in the development of Linux, I regret to say
> that this version of Windows is superior to any Linux distribution I have
> used.

Aha!  Shortly after the above "Tony(UK)" post, the below was posted.
Someone *has* been forging Tony(UK), and it's *the forging troll* that
received the ire of the advocates, not the real Tony.

Chalk up another moral victory for the advocates, and another defeat
for the dishonest assholes Flatshit and Quack, who have claimed that
advocates "harassed" (the real) Tony for simply "acknowledging issues
with Linux on the desktop".

Tony Smith Tony(UK) wrote:

>Thank you, whoever is the impersonator of me posting in the 'Asus gives
>up Linux' thread.
>
>I do not know know who it is, and as it looks as if they are posting from
>a Virgin media server from the header information looks to be the same as
>mine.
>
>You bastards, whoever you are.

0
chrisv
12/11/2009 9:32:02 PM
Terry Porter wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 17:43:17 -0800, Franck wrote:
>
>> Marti van Lin wrote:
>>

>>> Indeed, getting attacked by the Wintrolls does not make one quit using
>>> GNU/Linux as your primary Operating System. In fact the opposite is
>>> true. The vile Wintrolls make you *hate* M$.
>>>
>>> It is crystal clear, this is *not* TonyUK but a forger.
>>>
>>> Cheers ;-)
>>>

>> You are a fucking idiot, Marti.
>
> Actually Marti is a nice guy, and even if it was tony(uk), that doesn't
> change a thing about Marti, now FOAD please ?

Thank you Terry, the same counts for you and the majority of COLA posters.

The majority of COLA posters are nice and intelligent people and that's
what I love about COLA.

> PLONK!

Duh! what a waste of time and energy. I plonk the troll in silence and
simply move on. It is not worth the time and energy :-)

Keep up the good work Terry ;-)

--
|_|0|_| Marti van Lin (ML2MST)
|_|_|0| http://ml2mst.googlepages.com
|0|0|0| http://osgeex.blogspot.com
0
Marti
12/11/2009 11:49:29 PM
On Sat, 12 Dec 2009 00:49:29 +0100, Marti van Lin wrote:

>  I plonk the troll in silence and
> simply move on. It is not worth the time and energy :-)

Kind of like you do with boyfriends, right Marti? You spelled 'pork' wrong
btw.
0
FoxyKnoxy
12/12/2009 12:00:32 AM
On 2009-12-12, FoxyKnoxy <foxy18982uhsjjjd@hotmail.org> wrote:
> On Sat, 12 Dec 2009 00:49:29 +0100, Marti van Lin wrote:
>

>>  I plonk the troll in silence and
>> simply move on. It is not worth the time and energy :-)
>
> Kind of like you do with boyfriends, right Marti? You spelled 'pork' wrong
> btw.

Look out Marti... Clogtroll is on the prowl...

--
Regards,

Gregory.
Gentoo Linux - Penguin Power
0
Gregory
12/12/2009 12:20:58 AM
On Fri, 11 Dec 2009 19:00:32 -0500, FoxyKnoxy wrote:

> Kind of like you do with boyfriends, right Marti? You spelled 'pork'
> wrong btw.

Homophobic as well as a nym shifting buffoon:

"One Shot. One Kill." <fred@gmail.com>
Cager <dirtbikerider9102w@hotmail.com>
Eyeball <culleys_eyeball@socket.org>
FoxyKnoxy <foxy18982uhsjjjd@hotmail.org>
Jelly Bean <ge11ybean@enter.org>
Kimba <ajdkjksjkjs@hjkhjhjh,.com>
Kimba <dasdasdasd@ooooj.org>
Kimba <filth@fuackkks.com>
Kimba <gizza42@nope41.org>
Kimba <kimba@shceseee.fake>
Kimba <quanre@uor142.com>
Kimba <usher992@jioopopw.org>
Kimba <vakldkla@uuuu.com>
Kimba <willy@willyyu200.com>
Magnus Boyle <popsadentboy@hotmail.com>
Paul Stabler <pstabler1972@gmail.com>
dimethylchoride <dimethylchloride@nowhere.org>
fareena <fareena@noplace.org>
0
Wintrolls
12/12/2009 12:28:50 AM
Gregory Shearman wrote:
> On 2009-12-12, FoxyKnoxy <foxy18982uhsjjjd@hotmail.org> wrote:
>> On Sat, 12 Dec 2009 00:49:29 +0100, Marti van Lin wrote:
>>

>>>  I plonk the troll in silence and
>>> simply move on. It is not worth the time and energy :-)
>> Kind of like you do with boyfriends, right Marti? You spelled 'pork' wrong
>> btw.

 > Look out Marti... Clogtroll is on the prowl...

Oh well, can't have sex with children ;-)

--
|_|0|_| Marti van Lin (ML2MST)
|_|_|0| http://ml2mst.googlepages.com
|0|0|0| http://osgeex.blogspot.com
0
Marti
12/12/2009 12:52:48 AM
On Fri, 11 Dec 2009 18:28:50 -0600, Wintrolls Lie wrote:

> Homophobic as well as a nym shifting buffoon:

FIKdnQU6W71ffr_WnZ2dnUVZ_v-dnZ2d@supernews.com

Hello one eyed Culley!
How's Pickle Pete these days?
0
Eyeball
12/12/2009 1:49:26 AM
On Sat, 12 Dec 2009 01:52:48 +0100, Marti van Lin wrote:

> Oh well, can't have sex with children ;-)

But I'll bet you wish you could, you deviant pile of scum.
0
Eyeball
12/12/2009 1:50:28 AM

____/ chrisv on Friday 11 Dec 2009 18:26 : \____

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>>____/ Marti van Lin on Friday 11 Dec 2009 05:08 : \____
>>>
>>> What else do you expect? Only a remorseless bald faced liar is suitable
>>> for the TE job. They are paid to spread lies and misinformation after all.
>>>
>>> A integer (ethical) person is unable to do that job. His or her
>>> conscience would be a "handicap".
>>>
>>> Like all their fellow criminals they have to justify their crimes.
>>
>>They actually believe what they write, but they are deluded due to lies
>>Microsoft feeds them.
>
> Well, it's easy for people to delude themselves, and on a number of
> levels.
>
> "Customers overwhelmingly 'choose' our product - it must be good."
>
> "No one is being hurt."
>
> "The Microsoft ecosystem  provides gainful employment to a lot of
> people."
>
> Etc, etc.
>
> What these rationalizations fail to consider is that people *are*
> being hurt.  Lack of healthy competition always, always, ALWAYS
> results in a product which is sub-optimal and over-priced.
>
> It may be that each individual Microsoft customer pays "only a little"
> more than what they should and that Windows' quality and performance
> is "only a little" worse than what it should be.  This is what makes
> the problems so easy to overlook.  But when these problems are
> multiplied by the *hundreds of millions* of installations, they add-up
> to a significant, and unfair, burden on society - overwhelming the
> "positives" like those well-paying jobs.
>
> The Microsoft Corp has negative net-worth to society.

Politicians use the exact same tactics.

- --
		~~ Best of wishes

We're standing there pounding a dead parrot on the counter, and the mgt.
response is to frantically swap in new counters to see if that fixes the
problem. -- Peter Gutmann
Mem:   2075800k total,  1660792k used,   415008k free,    12460k buffers

0
Roy

[News] More Good News for Linux-based Handset Devices
Esmertec And Yuhua TelTech Set New Benchmark With 1-stop Solution For Linux-Based Mobile Devices ,----[ Quote ] | Esmertec announced that Yuhua TelTech, a Chinese Independent Design | House (IDH) for mobile devices, has chosen Esmertec's 1-stop solution | for its Linux-based platform for mobile devices and smart phones. The | platform will be shipped on Linux-based handset devices for the | European and Chinese market at the end of December 2006. `---- http://linux.sys-con.com/read/310276_p.htm Linux is becoming big in China's mobile industry. It is disruptive enough to have had Bal...

[News] [Rival] More Microsoft Lawsuits, Antitrust

Sugar making people hyper is a known fact
Those who quit eaiting sugar completely, and getting it from natural sources like fruits, tend to become less depressed, healthier, more energetic, and (my theory) less inclined to be... you know... agressive. ...

[News] Zenwalk Linux Pleases Reviewer
Zenwalk 4.8 Review ,----[ Quote ] | I am just in love with xfce based distributions; they are fast, simple and | elegant and Zenwalk is no exception. It has a really good control center and | out-of-box multimedia support. `---- http://simplyjat.blogspot.com/2007/11/zenwalk-48-review.html Related: Releases : Zenwalk 4.8 is ready ,----[ Quote ] | The Zenwalk Team is happy to announce the Zenwalk 4.8 release. | | After several release-candidates, it seems that we are ready for a very | stable release. Overall, testers have found Zenwalk 4.8 the fastest version | ever.   `---- ...

[News] Macs are Great... Linux Boxes
Mac Mini becomes Linux-based IP PBX ,----[ Quote ] | An East German company will soon begin selling an IP-PBX setup based | on a Mac Mini running Linux. 4S Newcom's iBlue package comes with an | iPod Shuffle that acts as a boot device for the Mac Mini, plus five | Linux-based VoIP phones. `---- http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS8680369796.html Linus argues that while the hardware/box looks attractive, it is actually a PITA to work with (its firmware). On Tue, 17 Oct 2006 07:55:01 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote: > Mac Mini becomes Linux-based IP PBX > > ,----[ Quote ] >| An...

News about SAS
Dear SAS Users, The user acceptance testing period has been completed without any problems reported. Please make sure you do not leave any SAS processes running overnight or scheduled to be run overnight as Darin will be switching us to the new machine tonight or early tomorrow morning. This will be transparent, your usual sas8 and sas6 command will now run on the new machine. If you should get a message asking to validate the 'host' abraham .... just say 'yes'! Happy SAS'ing on our smaller, faster machine.... I will be on vacation tomorrow, please let the help desk kno...

[News] IBM Thinkpads Sold with SUSE Linux, Full Support Included
This relates to Lenovo's recent annoncement. ThinkPad--now with Suse Linux ,----[ Quote ] | In addition, Lenovo will provide Linux support for the laptop, | including drivers and its ThinkVantage technologies found on ThinkPad | loaded with Microsoft's Windows operating system, he said. `---- http://news.com.com/2100-1005_3-6105543.html?part=rss&tag=6105543&subj=news ...

[News] AlwaysOn 100 Innovators Choose MySQL
MySQL Used By Majority Of "AlwaysOn 100" Innovators ,----[ Quote ] | It is no coincidence that the majority of these "Hot 100" start-ups are | using the MySQL open source database to power their IT infrastructure, | Web sites and products. `---- http://sourcewire.com/releases/rel_display.php?relid=26506&hilite= ...

Re: DECnet positively in the news #2
Bob Koehler <koehler@EISNER.NOSPAM.ENCOMPASSERVE.ORG> writes ... >[...] > > You may already be aware of this, but DECnet is available on Linux - > > http://linux-decnet.sourceforge.net/index.html > > DECnet is available on just about everything. I can't remember the > last time I had a system that I couldn't get Phase IV for. (Maybe > it was my DECSYSTEM 20's before Phase IV shipped?) I have some consolation for those not as fortunate as Mr. Koehler (e.g. not as well-funded, or simply lacking the time to install DECnet, or even using so...

[News] Nimblex GNU/Linux Customised for Users via the Web

[News] When You Use Microsoft Windows, You Share Your Desktop with Feds
German government sees itself in good company with online searches ,----[ Quote ] | The spyware then sent information on all internet connections and websites | visited to the FBI, who then arrested the pupil. However, in contrast to the | planned procedure in Germany, CIPAV does not transfer the content of | communications or files. `---- http://www.heise.de/english/newsticker/news/94988/from/rss09 Related: FBI ducks questions about its remotely installed spyware ,----[ Quote ] | There are plenty of unanswered questions about the FBI spyware that, as we | reported earlier this we...

Have you heard the GOOD NEWS?
http://www3.boxke.net << click link for the good news google_groups_usa@yahoo.com wrote: > <snip> << click link for the good news Someone has created a DWIM compiler? [clicks link] Bill, never mind. -- http://billpg.me.uk/ usenet(at)billpg(dot)me(dot)uk ...

[News] [Linux] Novell Answers Tough Questions on Microsoft IP
Novell sheds (a little) more light on its patent access deal ,----[ Quote ] | Q. How does Microsoft promising not sue Novell customers gives | Novell engineers sanctioned access to Microsoft code? | | [...] | | In fact, I would suggest that the answer to the first question makes it | clear that the patent access granted by the technical collaboration | agreement and the patent covenant not to sue customers are completely | unrelated. | | It certainly appears to be at odds with Steinman's earlier statement: "the | intellectual property agreement provided a foundation for the | in...

LONG [News Digest] Linux News Digest for the 24hrs preceding 09-10-07
In today's digest, we have: * Linux Myths Get Broken and Windows Realities Revealed * Novell Gets Greedy (Wants OpenOffice.org for Itself) * [Rival] Resource Hogs and Faulty Computers from Proprietary Vendors * [Rival] Bringing Windows 'Reliability' to People's Health Verdicts * Video: xwinwrap Does Animated Backgrounds in Linux * IBM Chooses Linux in New Google Collaboration * Big New Release for Granular Linux (Granular FunWorks 2007) * Open Source Approach Shows Its Advantage; Radiohead Takes the Open Route * [Rival] The Rob Enderle Bozo Gets ...

Python-URL!
QOTW: "I still want to keep compile time type checking to make sure I don't make any mistakes." "Sounds like you want two wives, but I'm pretty sure polygamy gets a checkbox in the naughty category on Santa's list" -- George Jempty (commenting on "Dear Open Source Santa," by Paul Browne) http://www.oreillynet.com/onjava/blog/2006/12/dear_open_source_santa.html#comment-384244 "But if you care to give it a closer look, you may understand that Python's main advantage is not seizable by feature and performance charts." -- Soni ...

[News] The MAFIAA and Jammie Thomas Unable to Settle

[News] Open Source Impact in Networking
Getting Over the Love-Hate Dynamic With Open Standards ,----[ Quote ] | While the number of companies installing all-SIP or all-open source | networks continues to grow, it's clear that the overall market | has not gotten over this love-hate relationship with open standards. `---- http://www.technewsworld.com/story/55830.html Still looking for the lockin while peers and customers prefer openness. Open Source Network Configuration Management ,----[ Quote ] | Open source projects have had a significant impact in areas such | as operating systems (Linux), databases (MySQL), web applicat...

Real web applications for real people IRL.
While walking down the street yesterday I was confronted with these facts. ASP.NET is - way cool - way powerful This was later confirmed (msdn.microsoft.com). ...

PC people finally have a 17 inch notebook
toshiba satelite, p4 2.8. Preety cool that you can get a 17 inch notebook with a fast 2.8 processor, 60 gig hard drive, 512 ram,NVIDIA� GeForce� FX Go5200 AND a dvd-rw for just $2179. Has a dvd-rw drive instead of just a dvd-r drive, which is a big plus, has a fast 2.8 processor (equivalent to a g4 1.4?), better video card $1100 less than the powerbook g4. The minuses are 10/100 ethernet instead of gigabit, no firewire 800,802.11b instead of 802.11g, worse battery life (also doesnt give the weight tho it looks fairer thin). Here are the specs in a bit more detail $2,179.00 In ...

[News] Microsoft Munchkinds Are Officially Criminals

Good news and bad news!!
The Bad news is i am an IT Recruiter......The good news is that i have a great role for a developer with strong Python skills. Ideally along with that they will have Java and either an understanding of Agile development or experience in using Ruby. =A335 - =A345k, London Contact me for more information 01189897601 grant@connectionsrecruit.co.uk grant.bodie@gmail.com wrote: > The Bad news is i am an IT Recruiter......The good news is that i have > a great role for a developer with strong Python skills. > > Ideally along with that they will have Java and either an understanding...

[News] Free Software Business Shows Signs of Growth in Bad Economy

[News] GNU/Linux faces challenges as it goes mainstream
Where does Linux go from here? ..---- | Linux is now mainstream -- so mainstream, in fact, that two of | the top three Linux distributions are commercially successful | operations, and the third aims to be. Every day, more and more | old-school IT firms shake off their initial doubts, get in line | behind their customers, and try Linux and other free software | projects. In the face of such success, will Linux remain true to | its free software ideals and to the community which created it? Or | will it morph into a corporate byproduct, driven by the bottom | line, and complacent with all f...

[News] [Rival] Red Hat Takes Switzerland to Court Over Microsoft Corruption

This news group is in violatation of Patents.
Please visit my website, and pay with pay pal for use of this news group, and I will give you a 30 hour license. Cost you only $1000.00 US Flapping lips add-on is $200.00 US The web site address is www.yourscrewed.com. Thank you. There is a hoop for you to jump though up there ^ -- Sinister Midget & Roy Culley == Trolls for trying to silence with insults rather than prove a point or admit to a lie. DFS==Closet homo, why else does he give so many makeup tips to gay guys. On Fri, 2005-07-15 at 08:29 -0700, tab wrote: > Please visit my website, and pay with pay pal > for use of...