[News] Interview with Free Software-based Qi, IBM VP on Free Software

Interview: Qi Hardware

,----[ Quote ]
| OB: Was Qi Hardware conceptualised from the
| beginning as an Open Source project, and
| could you describe what openness means
| specifically in the case of hardware?
|
| SM: Yes Qi Hardware was conceptualized from
| the start as an Open Source project. The
| founders of Qi have spent the last 2 years
| working together at Openmoko on the open
| phone project so the benefits and
| challenges of open source are well know to
| us. On the hardware side we are going to
| create a new kind of hardware, CopyLeft
| hardware. Today you can join as a Qi
| developer and get access to the hardware
| design files as well as participate in
| creating the roadmap.
`----

http://www.openbusiness.cc/2009/08/20/interview-qi-hardware/

Bob Sutor On Advice For Open Source Startups

,----[ Quote ]
| IBM's Bob Sutor has a good post up
| discussing advice for those who want to
| start an open source business. There are
| more and more open source startups
| arriving, but Sutor says "I’ve been very
| surprised as I’ve looked around the web
| that there don’t seem to be very many good
| guides about the nuts and bolts of starting
| an open source business." He lists seven
| pieces of advice for those who have an open
| source business in the works, and here are
| some of our posts that can help you follow
| the advice.
`----

http://ostatic.com/blog/bob-sutor-on-advice-for-open-source-startups

Recent:

The Role of Free Software in Education, by Walter Bender

,----[ Quote ]
| On 19 September, we celebrate Software Freedom Day. At
| tomorrow's Boston gathering, I will have an opportunity
| to thank the Free Software Foundation on behalf of Sugar
| Labs for their support. I will also have a chance to
| tell the story of Sugar, our efforts to help children
| learn to learn and learn to love and exercise their
| freedom. I will also solicit your help.
`----

0
newsgroups3 (79677)

[News] Databases Based on Free Software Challenges Oracle, CMS Space Already Dominated by Free Software

[News] Free Software Versus (Free) Software as a Service

[News] Free Databases Software a As Route for Free Software in General

[News] Free Software Mobiles and Free Software VoIP Conference

[News] Amberdms Born as Free Software in Free Software Stack

Free software losers: "We will give them the free software so your non-free software will fail"
http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/osrc/article.php/3737586 Meanwhile, MS sales now at $50+ billion annually. Closed-source is failing fast in the withering attack of Linux/OSS/freetard code. ...

[News] VistA is Free Software, Healthcare Conference to Focus on Free Software

[News] A Look at Free Software Pioneer and Free Software for Young Generations

[News] List of Free Software Resources and Guidance for Free Software Training

[News] Free(dom) Graphics Software and Why Free Software Choose This Path

[News] Free Software on VTV (Vietnam), Spain Bets on Free Software

[News] Economy Favours Free Software, Emmys Use Free Software

[News] Free Software the Biggest Victim of Non-Free Software Counterfeiting

[News] How to Sell Free Software; Startup Inspired by Free Software Ideals

[News] House Analogy for Free Software versus Non-Free Software

Software Package Free! ... about our Free Software
Software Package Free! ... about our Free Software )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))>>>>>>>> http://freesoftware20.blogspot.com ...

[...]

Web resources about - [News] Interview with Free Software-based Qi, IBM VP on Free Software - comp.os.linux.advocacy

Component-based software engineering - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A simple example of two components expressed in UML 2.0. The checkout component, responsible for facilitating the customer's order, requires ...

David Lewis's answer to What is the best web-based software strategy for both a physical and online store ...
... your ideas here are some answers to your questions. The budget is low, but this is necessary, so we will pay what is required for a web-based ...

Israel-based software company claims police call recording software fixed
Nice Systems of Israel said it patched remaining critical flaws in its call recording software used by law enforcement, but the consultancy that ...

The Myths and Realities of subscription-based software
A new trend is emerging in the software industry that is not only transforming the manner in which enterprises value and manage their software ...

10 Resources for Code Review and Other Peer-based Software Quality Assurance Techniques
Code reviews and software inspections have existed for a long time in the software engineering world. They have been however only adopted by ...

LG debuts Urbane LTE, the world’s first 4G-capable smartwatch, with proprietary WebOS-based software
LG today unveiled the world's first LTE-equipped smartwatch, dubbed the LG Watch Urbane LTE. Unlike other recent smartwatches, the Urbane LTE ...

EMC, VMware to Create Web-Based Software Business
... and VMware Inc. executives said they plan to give a new class of stock to several in-house software-development units that focus on Web-based ...

Samsung announces open health care platform with modular hardware, cloud-based software
... to iOS, rival Samsung on Wednesday announced a healthcare initiative of its own with a $50 million innovation fund and new hardware and software ...

FarmLogs Adds $1M to Bring Farmers Up to Speed With Cloud-Based Software
Today Ann Arbor, MI-based FarmLogs, a Y Combinator alum that provides software to help farmers plan, manage, and optimize their operations, announced ...

Cloud-based software is a major revenue source for service providers
... (CSPs) have spent the last few years investing heavily in cloud software provision to expand their business. A new report by Israel-based Allot ...